main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Inevitability of Betrayal (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon AU) Surpise! Update 10/22!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sheleigh, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Inevitability of Betrayal
    Author: sheleigh
    Disclaimer: They belong to George Lucas, who is much richer, and more creative than I.
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn find themselves battling their darkest demons and each other.
    Timeline: Pre TPM, spanning through the new trilogy AU
    Author?s notes: I realize I started posting this something like three years ago. I fell out of Star Wars and really any writing due to coming upon my senior year, and finding myself swamped to the point of breathing becoming a novelty. It was locked on the old board, so I have been made to repost it here for its completion.

The child was brought into the temple, cradled firmly in the arms of Qui-Gon Jinn. He glanced down at the child, noticeable fondness in them, as he gently ruffled the three year olds blond hair. Large blue eyes peered fearfully at the seemingly gigantic Master.

?This is the one that we were sent to rescue.? Mace Windu nodded at the Master, before turning an intense gaze upon the child.

?His name??

?The boy?s name is Anakin Skywalker.? The tall Master gently handed the child over to a crèche Master, before following his long time friend down the hall.

?Well done, Qui-Gon. And how is Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon smiled acknowledging the change in subjects. He thought a moment on his Padawan Learner, before continuing.

?He is advancing well. He can easily beat his age mates at ?saber techniques and sparring. He is a source of great compassion, and caring.? A fond smile lit Qui-Gon?s face as he recalled his sixteen year old Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. ?He will be an excellent Knight.?

Mace laughed, and gave Qui-Gon a firm slap on the back. ?I certainly hope you aren?t nominating him for Knighthood yet? I think he has much to achieve.? The Jedi Master walked off, still snickering.

Qui-Gon shook his head, before heading to a private sparring room- reserved especially for he and his Padawan. After all- being a Master did have it?s privileges.

Obi-Wan settled down, relaxing, and feeling the Force beckon. He calmly fell to his knee, reaching for the Force.

The meditation came with great ease, and along with it- came the visions he was so accustomed to seeing. The vision?s, normally a very serene and peaceful event, had changed. The Force screamed with terror, and rage. And Obi-Wan was forced to endure it.

In Meditation

?Turned, he has.? Qui-Gon nodded his face blank, and emotionless. ?Felt it I did.?

?Yes, Masters, I felt it as well.? Yoda sighed.

?Kill you, he will try too.? Again Qui-Gon nodded, meeting the diminutive Master?s gaze unwaveringly.

?I realize this, Masters.? The resounding thump of Yoda?s gimmer stick being slammed on the floor resonated through the chamber.

?Yet insist upon going after him, you do!? Qui-Gon forced himself not to shout, fighting to keep the stoic Jedi calm that had been ingrained upon him.

?Yes Masters. I must go to him, and I will turn him back.?

?It is suicide, Qui-Gon!? Mace Windu stood, glowering at his old friend. ?The council forbids you to go.?

?I will do what I must- and disobey the council orders, if it comes to it.?

?Sit down, you will Master Windu! A quarrel we will not have in this chamber.? Yoda turned sad eyes towards the tall Master in the center of the room.

?Do what you will, Master Qui-Gon. May the Force be with you.? Qui-Gon bowed towards the Masters, and exited the chambers.

He strode down the long hall, before passing a single figure. The figure turned towards him, and bowed deeply. Hands came up to remove the large Jedi hood from his head. Qui-Gon stiffened, meeting the sea colored eyes defiantly, and with a trace of apprehension.?

?Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan pulled from his meditation, forcing himself not to cry out in shock. Unsure of what to do, he swiftly left the small meditation chamber he occupied, and unsteadily made his way to the wisest of the Jedi Masters: Yoda.

The door to the diminutive Master?s

2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow! What a powerful story. Poor Obi-Wan. :_| I can't wait to see the next part!

3. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Very intriguing setup! This story has so much potential, and I like what you have done with it so far. Great job, sheleigh! I look forward to reading more of this.

4. Jackson_W35

Jackson_W35 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I too enjoyed it! :) I like this alternate take on events and look forward to reading more of this!

Good Job! =D=

5. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hi!

I am *soooo* glad you resumed this. :) I don't recall if you ever posted more of this, but I remember reading this part and being impressed.

Thank you for sharing this.

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good heavens- it's a blast from the past- Welcome Back!

7. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    So exciting! :claps: Can't wait to read more.

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I remember this from the old board. I'm so happy to see you've reposted it. More soon!!

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Amidala- Thank you! Heh. Let us say that the next part doesn't ease up much, nei?

Jedi Obi-Wan- I hope the next segement doesn't disappoint... thank you for your kind words.

Jackson- I suddenly feel the urge to laugh evily... and I enjoyed writing this alternate views! I am glad you've enjoyed it thus far!

Lurk- Hey there! Yes I did post more to this, something like thirty five more pages. I'll post about every other day- the day between gives me the extra time to edit. Thank you for reading!

PK- Ah! PK! Hi.. and thank you... glad to see some familiar faces around here!

Renton- Mwhaahah! Little do you know that evil lurks around the next post... thanks for reading! :)

Arwen- Another familiar face! And here is more... as the lady wishes.

Authors note- as I said, I'll be posting roughly every other day to check for errors, and kick myself for simple grammatical mistakes. Of cuorse, that doesn't mean I'll catch everything... but I'll try. Enjoy...

Thick tension filled the room as Master and former apprentice faced off. Qui-Gon stepped forward, a hand coming up and falling onto Obi-Wan's shoulder in an iron grip.

"Obi-Wan... I was wrong... please forgive me." Sea-colored eyes flashed before Obi-Wan brought a hand up, and removed himself from the Jedi Master's grip.

"Tell me, Master Jinn, precisely why should I forgive you?" An almost ferial grin lit Obi-Wan's face before he continued. "I've died a hundred times since that day. Why should I forgive the cause of my pain?"

?You must, of course, do as the Force dictates.? Qui-Gon turned, making to leave the chamber- and an uncomfortable situation. He was stopped by Obi-Wan somersaulting over his head, and landing precisely in front of him.

?Damn the Force then.? The Jedi Master stepped back, startled by the quiet conviction in the young man?s voice.

?A Jedi follows the Force, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You of all people should know that.? Obi-Wan lifted his head, meeting the Jedi Master?s gaze.

?You forget, Qui-Gon. I am no longer a Jedi.?

?You have been taught to respect the Jedi?s teaching- Jedi or not- one must always obey the Force.? Obi-Wan reached forward, his movements quicker that the eye could follow, and grasped the Jedi Master by the collar of his tunic.

?Like you, Qui-Gon? Should I follow the Force like you- only when I feel like it?? Obi-Wan tightened his grip on the collar, before releasing the Master. ?No response? I?m amazed.?

?I have followed the Force?s call since birth, Obi-Wan. I obey it, as does any Jedi.? The Jedi Master slid his hands into his robe sleeves, putting on a façade of complete serenity. ?A Jedi does, Qui-Gon. You obey it only when you wish to.? Qui-Gon?s façade broke barely concealed anger and surprise visible on his face. ?Oh yes, I do know, Qui-Gon. The Force has plagued me with visions of the future since I became your apprentice.?

?You? knew Anakin would turn?? Obi-Wan grimaced, before turning his gaze from the Master.

?I did. I knew you would choose Anakin to be your apprentice- and I knew he would turn.? Qui-Gon?s crystal blue eyes hardened, staring angrily at the former Jedi.

?If you knew that- then why didn?t you tell anyone? Did you truly hate that much- that you would betray me?? A harsh laugh was rung from Obi-Wan, before he turned completely from the Jedi Master.

?Hate you? You were like a father. I am not here to seek revenge. If I had told you, Anakin Skywalker would have become more powerful than you could imagine. The Jedi would have been completely destroyed.? Obi-Wan walked silently down the hall, leaving a stunned Jedi Master in his wake.

A shadowed figure watched the departure of Obi-Wan Kenobi through hooded eyes. Moment later a much subdued Qui-Gon Jinn followed in his footsteps.

?Master Yoda.? Yoda nodded, still silently contemplating what had unfolded before him. Mace Windu looked down upon him- before nodding.

?It has begun th

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh man, it just makes me sad to see those two so bitter toward each other *sobs* Snap out of it!

More soon!

11. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    ?One of us will die, Qui-Gon. It is up to the Force to determine who.?

Amazing post, but how evil of you to leave us there. Their anger toward each other is so heartbreaking. I can't wait to see how this story plays out.

12. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Qui-Gon, you fool, stop being so arrogant and listen to some common sence!

btw, I like the story a lot :)

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    we aren't sending cryptic PMs to each other, are we?

I can't wait to see where you're taking this (since old age has totally addled my memory- this will be new to me)

14. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Arwen- Well this post should be a relief then... our dear confused duo now have other problems. :D

Jedi Obi- I hope this continues to please. I've been hit with recent ideas.. so hopefully you won't have to wait too much between posts.

aneka- Thank you. And I think you'll find that Qui-Gon may be driven by more then just undying devotion to his fallen Padawan. He's not as moronic as he can appear... just fiercly loyal.

PK- I don't believe so... but if you would like I could start. 8-} I hope this story lends to some surprise. Thanks as always for stopping by!

Ever present (and probably not read) authors note: sorry about the length (or rather... lack thereof) of this post... but this was one post on the old thread... and really needs to be read alone. Enjoy :)

?Senators, please- may I have your attention.? As one the senatorial chamber calmed down, all it?s occupants turning to focus on the lone figure who stood on an elevated platform. ?I come before you today with the gravest of news. Our very existence in this republic is being threatened- by the one?s sworn to protect us!?

A clamor rose up, as angry shouts echoed through the chambers.

?Yes, that?s right, Senators. The Jedi- the supposed protectors of peace have secretly conspiring against us, and you to destroy this Republic. They have become power hungry. They were already lethal, with their mythical Force on their side, but with the power of the darkside- not the lightside, as they claim to use- they will be virtually undefeatable. We must eliminate this, our enemy. I present to you now the one who can stop this monstrosity from becoming omnipotent.?

A small platform glided out from the large chamber walls, coming to hover next to the elevated stationary platform. On it stood a man, his bright blue eyes intense, with the shimmer of ice over them. A grim look lit his face, as he stared intently around the chamber.

?Senators, standing before you is the savior of the republic- Lord Sidious.? This announcement was met with a strained silence, as all the senators attempted to see that man that stood on the mobile platform. He bowed slightly towards the occupants of the chamber, before moving silently to stand before the podium on one side of the platform.

?Senators, I do come before you bringing more news on the Jedi. I have been an observer of the Jedi- and indeed a former Jedi Master. I once was a well respected Jedi Master of the corrupted order- until the Force led me to leave, and follow a different path. I used the Force to reveal the future- and have found it to be most disturbing. The Jedi must be brought down, Senators, for this Republics very existence depends on it. This corruption can not last any longer!?

Sidious reached into his long lavishly decorated robe, and drew out a tarnished lightsaber; a brilliant flash of crimson shot from his hand, forming into a fiery blood red blade. ?I bring to you the beginning of a new era. An era of true peace! Together, Senators! Together, can we eliminate the fraud of an order outdated!? The thunderous applause these words evoked were cut short when the blade moved in a dazzling arc, slicing through an object suspended midair with startling ease. At Sidious? feet lay the smoldering remains of a lightsaber hilt.

?Senators- I ask you, do I have your support?? A loud rumble shook the chamber, as the Senatorial body shouted out its unanimous consent.

?Then I ask you to greet my apprentice with the same approval you have met me.? A second mobile platform joined the one Sidious stood on. And on it stood the intimidating form of a man, dressed in black- his face shadowed by a mask, his body a veritable machine. ?I bring before you Lord Vader. Together, and with your assistance- we will once again bring peace and prosperity to our glorious republic!?

Across Courscant, the twelve High Council masters of the Jedi order sat in shocked disbelief- their eyes trained on the holo vid in front of them.

?E

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Interesting take. It makes me sad that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon can't get along, though I can understand Obi-Wan's feelings bing pushed aside. Is Anakin Vader in here? (just checking) Nice!

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Holy smokes. :eek:

Aunecah

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    OMG!! Getting a lot of ROTS flashbacks over here!!!

Wonderful work as usual, more soon!!

19. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    PK- *insert evil laughter here* :D

Tigris- The dissention between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is one of the plots of the story- can't fix it quite yet... [face_laugh] And I'll never tell if Ani Vader appears... you'll just have to wait and see!

Aunecah- [face_devil] mwhaha. :)

Arwen- Your wish is my command. Here's more. Ohh... flashbacks you say... I wrote this way before then... but I'm finding some similarities.. just a little odd. [face_laugh]

Oh... I'm not really... offical about it. but [:D] hugs to all the lurkers, if there may be any.

Enjoy.

Obi-Wan dully focused on piloting the ship, though manual flying was in no way necessary. Not in the mood to deal with the sometimes explosive Qui-Gon Jinn?s personality, he sought refuge in the cockpit, leaving Qui-Gon to brood in the more comfortable surroundings of the living area.

A cursory glance around the small and barren area in which he sat brought back the all too painful memories of his past. Obi-Wan shook his head, forcing his thoughts elsewhere. But, after a time of struggle, Obi-Wan hazily slipped into a restless slumber.

Weary of the day, Obi-Wan slid into his bed, the cool sheets a comfort to his tired body. Sweat slicked ginger hair was smoothed away from the high forehead, as he dropped his arm across his eyes, trying in vain to sleep. Finally, he slipped into a light slumber, though rejuvenating it was not. Seemingly moments later, the harsh buzz of a comm snapped him from his rest. The young man sat up, eyes blearily focusing on the time before slapping the unit, accepting the message.

The familiar face of Mace Windu appeared on the screen. Obi-Wan coolly stared at the man, not allowing his bewilderment to show on his face.

?Hello, Obi-Wan.?

?Master Windu.?

Windu nodded his acknowledgement of the greeting, before he continued. ?Drop the niceties. I have a lot to inform you of, and little time to do it. An organization has been forming under the name the Rebel Alliance. Their goal is to figure out the weakness of what is coming. Obi-Wan, I?m telling you this out of respect for what you have been forced to endure, but also as a warning of what may come..?

?Why is an alliance of rebel?s necessary, Master??

?Dark times loom ahead, as you are well aware. The rebel?s are forming to fight an evil still unknown. When the time comes, they will rise up to fight; but they are in much need of a leader. Go to them, and offer your assistance.?

?Assistance? I thought a Jedi didn?t fight in wars,
    Master.?

Windu sighed. ?No. You are right, a Jedi does not fight in was, however? you are no longer a Jedi. Obi-Wan, listen to me. I have? foreseen what may happen. I can not tell you what, but you must do this. Listen to the Force, it has never guided your ill before.?

Obi-Wan looked away from the screen, closing his eyes warily. ?Why must it be me??

The Jedi Master shook his head. ?All will be revealed in time, Obi-Wan. For now, all I can say is that the chosen will fall.?

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow, inquisitively. ?Taking lessons from Master Yoda, Master? That tells me precisely nothing.?

?As it should be. May the Force be with you.?

Obi-Wan watched as the screen blanked, before he fell back on his bed. He resignedly rubbed a hand over his face, before pulling himself to a sitting position. Once again, he yanked on his boots, and stood, leaving his pack behind. The rebel alliance awaited his arrival.

It, surprisingly, was easy enough to find. After frequenting the shady places of the underside of Courascant, he was able to get an exact location of those he sought. Obi-Wan silently slipped into the safe house, thankful again for his Jedi training. Using the Force, he followed the halls until he found the main room. From the readings he was receiving through the Force, he realized the better part of the small organization had to be there.

The door he stood near was abruptly flung open. Startled, Obi-Wan found himself sta

20. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Great post! Looking forward to more! :D

21. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hmm, interesting, so Obi-Wan has been involved with the Rebel Alliance, [face_thinking] and Yoda and Mace were the ones to get him involved! [face_laugh] They sure seem to have a lot of visions. Nice that Obi-Wan got the message about Palpatine's move, wonder who sent the message along with the "beware"? Nice post!

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Now that Obi-Wan's the leader of the Alliance (albeit unofficially), I expect that everything will start going much better. :p

I wonder why it has to be "unofficially"? Is it because Jedi are traitors to the Republic? Or the Rebel Alliance wants to keep Obi-Wan's involvement secret?

Aunecah

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    oooh...coolies. Obi gets to be a General anyways. And where is that message from? Need to know!

24. DarthEwan

DarthEwan Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Wow, this is a great fic. :) It's very different from most stories that I've read, but different is definately a good thing. ;)

Qui is such an idiot, how could he continue to treat obi so badly? :mad: I can't blame Obi for being angry with Qui but.... Right now if it is true that Qui will die to save them all, I won't shed a tear. :eek: :p

Can't wait to read more. :D

25. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Sheleigh, I must say, this is one of the most wonderful fic's I have ever read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.