main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Toxic-*-Dooku/Qui/ Tahl/ Xani fic. Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Charmisjess, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay...wow. An authors note, and for once I have nothing really to ramble about! This is my first time attempting to write Xanatos, so, bear with me, and I hope you enjoy this. :)

-*-Toxic-*-

Ten minutes until crash down.

?Xanatos,? Qui-Gon hardly glanced up from his maps as the ships alarms began to wail. He was in a particularly distracted state of mind; his mission had gone wrong, a civil war had broken out, their hyperdrive was offline, and now a battlecruiser had appeared on their scoops. It was a trying day for anyone. The twenty-eight year-old was only really a Master in the sense that he had a Padawan, and the constant crisis was beginning to wear his nerves down raw. He sighed as the comm system chirped, announcing that the battlecruiser was hailing them. ?Answer the comm.?

The boy in the pilot?s seat seemed around age seventeen or eighteen, with a medium-sized, slightly slender build that he wore with considerable grace. He was dressed in the traditional soft robes of a Jedi Padawan, but his hair was kept long and back rather than shorn as most apprentice?s. Otherwise, he looked the part, except for a vaguely sarcastic look that seemed distinctly non-Jedi as he regarded the crackling comm unit with some amusement.

?Unknown vessel, this is the Chaser Star. We have you on our scopes. Please identify.?

Xanatos stared at Qui-Gon, and then back at the comm system. He seemed to reach a decision to ignore the command, and turned his attention once again on the ship?s main computer. ?I think I?ll just ignore it. I?m trying to talk the navicomputer into letting us make the jump to hyperspace. ?

Out of the corner of his eye he saw his Master give a barely perceptible nod, not looking up from the maps he was studying. ?Just be quick about it. They don?t sound particularly pleased to see us.?

The speaker barked again. ?Unknown vessel, identify, or we will be forced to open fire!?

?No?? Xanatos laughed easily as his fingers flew over the buttons. ?Alright, I?ll be as quick as I can. It isn?t exactly cooperating.? He typed in a sequence, and then paused, his expression slipping down into a slightly boyish pout as it refused his code. He began typing again, quicker this time. This had always been easy for him. Xanatos had a particularly bright mind, and what to another person might be a crisis, to him was merely a fascinating logic puzzle for his entertainment. ?I?m going to have to search for the system manually.? The computer gave an indignant beep and he cursed softly at it. ?It will take more time.?

Qui-Gon finally looked up. ?How much time??

Seven minutes until crash down.

?This is your last warning, identify yourselves or be fired upon...?
    Xanatos finally turned back to the comm, smirking. ?More time than we have. Plan b, Qui-Gon??

?I don?t have a plan b. That?s your forte, Xan.? Qui-Gon grinned, somewhat haphazardly. He rose from his seat, scattering star maps as he went. ?I?ll check the wiring. I think it?s a hardware problem. In the meantime, tell them not to shoot at us.? He raised his eyebrows at his Padawan. ?Can you do that??

Xanatos snorted and leaned back in his chair, picking up the comm. Qui-Gon?s question was rhetorical. Xanatos loved to talk.

Casually, he watched the warning lights on the board before him dance as the battlecruiser powered up weapons. He chose the last possible moment to finally open the channel. ?Come in, Chaser Star?? He rolled his eyes upward, pondering his words carefully. ?Yes, apologies, we are having some...communication problems.? he paused, glancing in Qui-Gon?s direction. ?This is the, ah, captain of the Last Chance. We?re supply runners and we have clearance to be in this air space. Please power down your laser canons.?

The line was silent for a moment, as this information was processed and then the tart voice buzzed again. ?Clearance? Clearance from who?!?

?Whom..? Xanatos sighed extravagantly to himself, propping his feet up on the belligerent navicomputer

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey great start! Loved it! :D Ahhh but Dooku has that 'imposing' look doesn't he? [face_batting]

Interesting... not telling those guys the truth as to whom they are (Xan and Qui). [face_laugh] Those two crack me up!

Excellent job! Can't wait for more :D

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Great start! I can't wait to see where you take this. Oh, the possibilities. :D :D

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    A most excellent start Charms!

?I don?t have a plan b. That?s your forte, Xan.? Qui-Gon grinned, somewhat haphazardly. He rose from his seat, scattering star maps as he went. ?I?ll check the wiring. I think it?s a hardware problem. In the meantime, tell them not to shoot at us.? He raised his eyebrows at his Padawan. ?Can you do that??

Xanatos snorted and leaned back in his chair, picking up the comm. Qui-Gon?s question was rhetorical. Xanatos loved to talk.

HAHAHHAHhahahha had a special laugh about Qui's lack of a plan.. he is rather notorious for not planning isn't he? :D

Great job!!!

Edit - AHHhh rats! I was hoping to be second reviewer!

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Go, go, go, Qui and Xan! The beginning was particularly great...especially the countdown. :D

I liked Tahl's apprehension about the good count too (Kyn? Your hero doesn't like her?!). Can't wait for you to go on. :)

6. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    Ooooh, intriguing beginning. Great banter; you actually made me like Xanatos! :eek:

Good start. :)

7. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Oooh, you guys are all so nice! :) Thanks for all your kind words! I'll probably update by at least next week, depending on the plot bunnies. It's always depending on the plot bunnies. ;)

Kyn!: LONG TIME NO SEE! :D How's it been? Oh...how'd...*concerned looks* Episode three go for you, with the ...Dook parts? :( I thought of you when I was watching it, and all the poor Dook fans out here.. *sigh*
    Anyway, thanks so much for the review! I'm so happy you're liking it! lolol, and yes, Dooku can do his imposing look for me any day... ;)

VadersMistress: LOL-yes, very many different possibilities with this one, I'll have to see where it takes me. I'm so glad you're enjoying this, thanks for commenting! :)

Laurie: Haha, yeah, silly Qui. Qui and Xan are so fun to write together, you should try it sometime. They contradict each other so well...glad you're liking!

Princess_Arulmozhi: Oooh, I'm so glad you liked the countdown!! That was one of the parts I was unsure about, ha, I feel better now. :) Yep, I shall continue soon!

Artanis: lol, really?! :D I'm glad. I thought he was so funny in JA, I wanted to capture his little cheeky brat side as well in there. Thanks for the review!!

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I rather like your Xanatos. He's very cheeky, probably will get himself into lots of trouble with that attitude.

Looking forward to more.

9. Charmisjess

Jul 31, 2003
    Diane! Long time no see!!! :D Yeah, Xani's a little twit...but that's what makes him so lovable, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.