main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Matter What (JA fanfic, sequel to SOTF)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Jedi Princess, Apr 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are sent on a mission with Master Darrick and Bruck to discover who is polluting the rivers and oceans of the small planet, Kranta.

Little do they know that they will discover a more serious problem. An enemy will appear unlike any other they had ever encountered.

And when the enemy manages to seperate the padawans from their masters, he will have them exactly where he wants them.

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Make sure you post the link to SOTF. It is Finished?

3. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Woo Hoo!! Alright! He had his first kiss, now torture him again!

um..I mean...

ooh..I can't wait to read what happens in this new story. *wink, wink*

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan and the new & improved Bruck lost from their masters? Cool, can't wait.

Post often, post soon.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 04-14-2000).]

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Yippeee!!!! This sounds very interesting.

Love the "new and improved" Bruck, he sounds as much fun to torture as Obi

6. Darth Tristeza

Mar 7, 2000
    Hey Kelly Kenobi,that's a GREAT idea!

two teens to torture
    two teens to torture
    la la la la la la!

Can't wait!

7. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    YAHOO!
    Cool, is this enemy the dark figure that was watching Obi-Wan and Bruck in SOTF?
    Which, btw, ended beautifully!
    Looking forward to this one, JP!

8. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Alright we get to see more torture. Bring it on.

9. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Jedi Princess where are you??? With SOTF cmoplete I can't wait for this story to start... and I have the patients of a Sith, just ask my kids!!!

10. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Still patiently waing for the first post....

11. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    The first post will be out Monday night.
    Thank you for being so patient.

12. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Glad to here it...

Hang on! It's almost Monday night here....

Damn, I gotta wait another day.

13. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    OK, here it is, the first post!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The training room was empty, except for the two lone padawans who occupied the mat. Practice sabers hissed as they met one another.

Bruck went for a move that would have clearly taken his opponent's head off, if that opponent had not used a 12th level kata to somersault over Bruck's head.

Obi-Wan Kenobi landed safely behind Bruck and with his practice weapon, he disarmed the other boy.

Bruck laughed, "I will get you next time Obi. And you better not let Master Qui-Gon know that you practiced a 12th level kata without him being here, he will have your head.

Obi-Wan just grinned and picked up his towel. Wiping the sweat off his face he replied, "I know, but he has really been a little overprotective."

It had been about 2 months since Obi-Wan's 16th birthday, and about 4 months since Obi-Wan's stay in the medical ward. Four months since An-Paj and the soul healer, Nik-Ka declared him emotionally stable enough to return home with his master.

Obi-Wan had gained back all of his weight that he had lost while in the prison camp and while he starved himself at the temple.
    Qui-Gon was still having a hard time accepting that his apprentice was in such turmoil and he had not been able to help him.

Obi-Wan had managed to catch up in all his classes, though certain instructors swore it would be impossible. But Obi-Wan was determined, and with the help of his master, Bruck, and Master Darrick, he was able to catch up fairly easy.

"Well Bruck, I better get home before Master Qui-Gon comes looking for me himself." Obi-Wan laughed.
    ===============================

Obi-Wan entered his home, and Qui-Gon looked up from his data pad, "Hello, Padawan, I was getting worried."

Obi-Wan flopped down on the sofa next to his master and said, "I am sorry Master, but Bruck and I lost track of time."

Qui-Gon nodded, "Sparring, I see. And you did not by any chance do a high level kata, did you."

Obi-Wan answered with an impish grin and Qui-Gon said with affection, "Brat. No go and shower."

Obi-Wan did what he was told, but he could not help feeling that something was going to happen.

14. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    YEAH!

I'm the first one to reply to the first post of the story!

YEAH!

Sounds interesting, the fact that it is a sequal, I'll have to read it to the end.

Now, I hope I don't have to wait as long for the next post as I did for the first one now do I?

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Great beginning Your talent is awe-inspiring!!!

Just remember it is a good thing to torture Obi and now it looks like a good thing to torture Bruck, but it is NOT a good thing to torture your faithful readers with long delays between posts

16. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    http://members.aol.com:/wampasmak/images/award.gif

Hate to give this out so early in a story, so let's say this counts for SOTF too, okay

17. Darth Tristeza

Mar 7, 2000
    I love it! I must say, it's so nice to have a good Bruck in at least one thread!

Jedi Princess, where are your stories archived? (Other than here.) I want to know where I can go to read them over and over again.

18. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan came out of the refresher clean and dressed in fresh clothing, he was about to grab a glass of juice and sit down to study for an exam he was having, when the com unit went off.

Qui-Gon went to answer it, and Obi-Wan heard Master Mace Windu on the other end, "Qui-Gon, there is a situation that will require Jedi intervention."

Qui-Gon answered, "Of course, Mace. Obi-Wan and I are on our way."

In the hallway they met Master Darrick and Bruck, who were also going to the council hall. Obi-Wan found this very interesting, and wondered what it was all about.

In the council hall, Yoda spoke, "To Kranta you will go. Dire it is."

Qui-Gon nodded and asked, "Of course My Master, what is the situation?"

Mace replied to Qui-Gon's question, "The oceans and rivers are being polluted. It is killing all sea life. Since Kranta's major exports are fish, coral, and other sea living things, their economy is ruined."

Darrick then spoke, "Is there any clue on who may be doing this?"

Mace answered, "None. But be wary."

Yoda added, "Hard to see the dark side is. A transport is waiting for you, May the force be with you."

The masters and their padawans bowed before the council and made their way out. Obi-Wan was excited, not only was he finally getting out of the temple and going on a mission, but he was going on a mission with Bruck!

But as excited as Obi-Wan was, he also felt very apprehensive.

19. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Poor Obi, he always "has a bad feeling", but he is usually right, ain't he

Great beginning!! Post soon and post often!

20. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    While Bruck and Darrick returned to their quarters to gather their things, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon returned to theirs.

Obi-Wan set a record for packing. He knew that they were leaving soon, and he wanted to say good bye to Klea. Qui-Gon was in his room packing when he heard a light rap on his door. Turning around, he saw his padawan step inside with backpack in hand.

Qui-Gon smiled,"Packed all ready?"

Obi-Wan grinned, "Yes, Master. Master, would it be all right if I met you at the landing platform?"

Qui-Gon's smile grew broader, "Of course Padawan. Don't be late." When Obi-Wan turned around to leave, the Jedi Master added, "Oh, and tell Klea I said goodbye."

Obi-Wan blushed and grinned, and he was off.
    If anyone had ever told Obi-Wan he would be a daily visitor to the medical ward just for the fun of it, he would not have believed them. But it was true, ever since he and Klea shared that precious moment on the balcony two months ago, the two were inseperatable. Obi-Wan was glad to be going on a mission, but sad, because he was going to have to say good bye to Klea, for force knows how long.

Upon entering the healing ward, Obi-Wan met up with An-Paj, "Ah, Obi-Wan. Have you come for a checkup?"

Obi-Wan smirked, "No Master An-Paj. I have come to see Klea. Is she available?"

An-Paj nodded, "Yes she is. She is in the lab. You may go and see her." Obi-Wan bowed and walked with purpose to the lab. An-Paj smiled, the romance between the Jedi apprentice and the healer apprentice was adorable.

Klea looked up from the blood sample she was studying, her eyes brightened when she saw Obi-Wan. Klea walked over to where the teen was and wrapped her arms around him. Pulling back slightly she said, "Something is wrong."

Obi-Wan put his hands on her shoulders, "Master Qui-Gon and I have been called on a mission. We are going with Bruck and Master Darrick."

Klea nodded and bit her lip and when she found the words she replied, "When do you leave?"

Obi-Wan pulled her close again, "I have to meet Master Qui-Gon there shortly."

Klea tried to give a brave smile and failed miserably, she said, "I guess this is goodbye. Promise me that you will send a holo everyday."

Resting his forehead against hers he said, "I promise." Then he gave her a sweet and gentle kiss. "I will miss you Klea."

Klea replied, "Not as much as I will miss you, be careful Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan gave her one last kiss and turned away. Klea had a cold feeling come over her, she had a bad feeling about it."

21. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    How right An-Paj is, this romance IS adorable.

She and Obi-Wan belong together, them and their "bad feelings" about the situation!!

Now on with the action

22. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    First, Jedi Princess, I also need to know where SOTF is. My daughter didn't have the chance to finish it and would like to.

Second-I'm really taking a shine to the new and improved Bruck, of course it's just your fine writing that makes him so likable.

23. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    I like the New Bruck model, but like Klea I have a bad feeling about this.

Yet, if Bruck truly has changed for the better, he'd sacrifice himself for Obi-Wan!

Te he he he he.

Sorry, good or bad I don't like bruck.

24. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Very nice so far! Their little romance is so sweet!! Keep going!

25. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan arrived at the landing platform just as his Master got there. Bruck and Master Darrick were already on board.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon got on board, and the pilots were given the ok to take off. Obi-Wan watched Coruscant disappear. Leaving had never been like this before, but he had never left a sweetheart behind before. He jumped when Qui-Gon laid his hand on his shoulder. In a kind voice Qui-Gon said, "I know you will miss her, but you must focus on the here and now."

Obi-Wan nodded, "I'm sorry Master."

Qui-Gon smiled warmly at the young man, "Don't be, my Obi-Wan. I remember when I had to leave a young lady behind. I was about your age. Master Yoda used his stick to get me on the transport. If I recall correctly, I had bruises on my shins for weeks."

Obi-Wan had to grin at that mentle image. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were very close, as close as a Master and Padawan could be, but Qui-Gon talking about his days as a padawan was a rare treat, and one that Obi-Wan enjoyed very much.

As much as Obi-Wan loved his Master, the man was still a mysery. But one that Obi-Wan was having fun unraveling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.