main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Vincula Amicitiae (Book I in the Days Like These series)~~ Thank you for the award!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Author(s): Layren and Neon Star
    Title: Days Like These
    Summary: Will the Force's actions on bonding three young souls into one bring salvation or condemnation for the Jedi and it's triad?
    Genre: A little of everything..
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Kyran Josel, and other OC's.
    Disclaimer: We don't own the Jedi. We don't own star wars. The only characters that belong to us are the ones we created. Qui-Gon obviously is not ours.
    Author's Note: The original series was needing a massive reworking and we are finally pleased enough with our efforts to start posting again. Reviews are greatly appreciated :)
    Note Two: Special thanks to Alethia for the Latin title. Vincula Amicitiae translated means Bonds of Friendship :)

Days Like These We now have a trailer for our series! Enjoy!

Bonding Arch Part One

The boy grinned, immensely pleased with his success. He'd successfully managed to escape the ever-watchful eye of the creche masters. The four-year-old crechling wandered around the halls in awe; happy to not meet anyone wandering, as he knew he wasn't supposed to be out and he didn't want to go back to the cre¨che. He giggled, his face flushed with his misadventure.

After awhile however, he had to admit the fun had worn off. He had no idea where he was and no idea how to get back to the creche. His stomach was grumbling and he decided he was hungry. He knew vaguely where the cafeteria was as the crèche Masters took them there three times a day and he decided to find it on his own. It would be a good test of his skills. He beamed, imagining impressing the other knights with his abilities.

He headed through an open door and his mouth fell open at what he saw. This wasn't the cafeteria as he supposed. This must be where the ships come, he thought as he saw dozens of them docked in the hangar bay. With a grin and a giggle he dashed towards the closest one. He'd never been on a ship before and he was excited about the idea of telling his creche mates about it when he got back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I don't know if I'm ready for this mission, Drex. Every time I return I feel like I am fighting a losing battle," Zephir sighed as he stepped into the ship, allowing his usually calm mask slip a little in front of his long time friend.

Carth "Drex" Rixar shrugged a little. Carth was his first name but only his enemies called him that which suited him just fine. He preferred Drex. "If it's all the same to you, I'm not that ready either," He sighed, glancing over his shoulder as if expecting to find his padawan at his side. He forced his attention to the task at hand. His padawan was dead and nothing he could do would bring him back. "However, it shouldn't take too long to test a Force- sensitive."

Zephir let out a soft sigh, "I don't see how Master Yoda could have sensed one on that cursed planet. I have been an ambassador there for nearly ten years, and not once have I felt any stirrings.... The Sora'sa wiped out any Force sensitive bloodlines after the Sith wars, and the Riku'ian have never had a Force sensitive in their midst. We are just going to see more slaughter and death."

Drex swallowed at that and then mumbled a few choice words before he replied. "We are not to know, we are to do."

"You believe that as much as Dooku believes the Sith are completely dead." Zephir snorted vaguely.

Drex snorted. "Am I that obvious in my disdain?"

"Anymore obvious, and the Council wouldn't have forced you along as my body guard, instead they would have just kicked you out. I think this is their subtle way of trying to kill us,"

"Maybe so. If that's their reasoning, so much the better, I won't protest."

There was a vague flicker of worry in Zephir's eyes, "Don't do anything stupid, Drex."

"Keep your tunic on, I won't do anything stupid yet," he sighed heavily as he looked at his co-pilot. "Are you going to run preflight checks or just sit there running you

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that is so typically Kyran! So cute!

3. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Very nice. Can't wait to see where this is going. :D

4. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Giving this a bump..

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Without responding? Heartless wench!

6. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Very promising start! :D

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    And yet promising nothing about a posting schedule.

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *jaw drops( Wonderful, fantastic, amazing start. [face_laugh]

Really though, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see more. :D

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I tried to read this the day you gave me the link, but then the stupid computer crashed. But now I'm on a decent computer, so it should work...

Anyway, typical Ky to do that...it was so cute...accidentally get shipped off with the other Jedi. I do wonder how they will manage that...

Ugh, I'm tired, having trouble putting sentences together... Can't think of much to say at the moment... just that I'd love to read more...

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar Glad you like it! You're probably Kyran's biggest fan :D

Kadi Well wait no longer, padawan mine :D

LukesTheMan Thanks! Here's more for your enjoyment!

VadersMistress Thanks! I hope you enjoy the rest!

Alethia Thanks so much ! I'm glad you enjoyed it! As for how they'll do it.. here you go !

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Me? I'm not his creator...

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Bonding Arch Part Two

Kyran was in the lounge of the ship. He spread his arms wide pretending to be a ship. "Look!" he said to Drex who was sitting in the lounge with him. "I'm a ship!" he shouted eagerly making the noise as he pretended to be a ship taking off.

Zephir walked in, only to stop in veiled amusement as he watched Kyran. Stifling the slight smile that tried to work its way up, he sat down by Drex.

"How is that report coming along?" he asked casually, knowing his friend was probably too preoccupied with their little castaway.

Drex ran a hand through his hair and looked up in amusement. "It's not." He nodded to their young charge who was still buzzing like a ship with his arms out.

"I thought not," Zephir mock sighed, /All right, I admit it, the kid is cute. I guess I owe you ten credits. /

Drex laughed heartily. /I told you so. Pay up,/ he held out his hand expectantly.

Zephir rolled his eyes, and reached into his robe, /Pirate. Taking a poor Jedi's cash. / He handed him the credit chip, all the while smiling a little amusedly at Kyran.

Drex grinned. /The poor Jedi should learn not to gamble if he's really that broke, / he smirked as he pocketed the credit chip.

Kyran seemed to notice the two Jedi watching him and he stopped his playing long enough to beam happily at the two of them and wave before going back to his games.

/Should you be talking? Considering who lost our last bet? / Zephir glanced a little slyly at him, before almost unknowingly waving back at Kyran. He stared at his hand. /By the Force, the kid is just too good.... /

/At least he's happy. He seems to enjoy being on the ship. He'll probably make a good pilot when he's older. /

/Hmm, perhaps. I see a different road for him though. Something just tells me he'll end up a lot like you. /

Drex eyed him sidelongly. /What is that supposed to mean? /

Zephir gave a brief mysterious grin, /Oh nothing. / He stood, "We're almost planet side. I best go make preparations for landing."

"Landing?" Kyran stopped playing long enough to look up. "Can I come see?" he asked eagerly.

Zephir pondered this. It wasn't as if the boy would be seeing anything too horrible, yet. That would come once they hit planet side. "Of course..."

Kyran gave a squeal of delight and looked expectantly at Zephir as he stopped his playing.

Zephir held out his hand, "Though, you have to remain buckled in while we land, alright?"

Kyran took his hand. "Okay, " he agreed, excited that he was going to get to see the ship set down.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Zephir stood, and looked out the window, a faint sad frown on his face. The landscape beyond was of blood red sky, with the hulks of tumbled down buildings and twisted metal framing its lower half. He didn't want to be here....

Turning away, he glanced at Drex, then at Kyran.

Kyran's eyes were wide as he looked out the window. "Where are we?" he asked in a whisper.

Zephir was tempted to say something else, but just said the name, "This is Saren seven. The furthest place from heaven."

"Saren seven, furthest place from Heaven," Kyran repeated. ?That?s a funny name."

"Its just called Saren, since its the only livable planet in this system," Zephir said, his frown melting a little despite his dread.

"Saren?" Kyran rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "How far is it from home?"

"A week's worth of travel. I can't remember the distance," Zephir said.

Kyran's eyes widened. "I've been playing for a week!" He giggled at the idea. He knew how long a standard week was.

A vague smile came to Zephir's lips. The kid had an interesting way of lighting things up, "That's right." He glanced to Drex, /I suppose we should load up our weapons and head out.... /

/What about Kyran? He doesn't have any weapons and I'm not about to give any to a four-year-old. One of us will have to carry him. /

/One of us will have to go after the Sora'sa child, if we find him or her. You're faster then me.... So I suppose I should do so. /

/Suits me. I guess we' might as well get sta

13. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Yay! You updated it! :D

Kyran is just too cute. Nice job Master and Neon Star. :)

14. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Excellent character development. My favorite part so far:

"Aliens were rare on this planet, especially humans."

I like the hint that humans are considered the "aliens" on some planets.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, that light spot makes sense. And Saren Seven Furthest Place from Heaven. Sounds like a twisted travel brochure.

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Today marks the beginning of Lurker Appreciation Week!!

[:D] Today is Hug A Lurker day and I want to encourage all Lurkers to delurk! Neon Star and I were very nervous when we started posting this since she's an oldbie who's been gone for awhile. Encourage us by delurking!

To entice you there's milk and cookies and a lovely button especially created by rhonderoo

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/layren.jpg]

17. M-vampier

M-vampier Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2004
    Hello, it seems you are "force"ing me out from my hiding :)

I really enjoy all your stories Layren, my english just isn't that good, so i prefer to stay hidden and read your fantastic stories.

So I'm going to disappear again, see you all in a year :)

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Heeeey! Great going here ole Master of mine ;) Glad to see more of lil Ky :D He's such a sweetie [face_laugh] Liked how he's spotting the kid when they can't! :D

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    *delurks nervously, holding onto Master's cloak*

(Me)"Master, Master...She wrote the story! That one!"

*Points*

(Master)"Now, now, Padawan, it's rude to point, but she is doing a marvelous job at the story"

(Me) "Master....When will we be hugged? We're lurkers..."

*Looks unhappy*

(Master)*patting on head* "We'll be hugged soon, padawan. Be patient"

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    YAY!!!! Delurkers!!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!

21. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    LoL, don't be scared of Layren, grandappy. She doesn't bite. :p

Oh yeah, I should probably stop lurking too. :p Or rather, in my defense, I hadn't seen this fic up. :p

YAY FOR KYRAN!!!!! *grins* He's so adorable... and those two knights... *grins*

22. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Hey, Grandmaster..How are you?

*Grins apprehensively up at Layren*

(Me)"H..Hello Layren. P..pleased to meet you. I'm Padawan Jodie-Wan."

(Master)"Don't be afraid, padawan mine. Layren is a great Knight, and not someone to be feared."

(Me)*Sighs, and looks embarrassed* "Yes, my master..."

Note to Layren and anyone else reading: I have a tendency to talk like this. Please just ignore me, or try to make sense of my RP ramblings..

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Darksaber,

LOL I understand about RP :D I do a lot of that myself :D SO happy to have you!!

24. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    This is looking really good!
    big hugs for Layren and Neon Star [:D]

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    In honor of all the lurkers.. a new update for you all!!

Enjoy!!

The child stopped cold, and stared up at Kyran. So it wasn't some odd little creature, it was another human like them, with the oddest shade of hair he had ever seen.... Gold was something only rumored about on this world, and he had never seen it in all his short five years of life.

Kyran waved enthusiastically at the young one. "Hi," he said in greeting.

The Sora'sa only stared more. The word was unfamiliar to him, though he had some idea of what was being said.

Kyran squirmed in Zephir's hold, wanting to get down to go introduce himself properly to this strange boy.

Zephir glanced to the side, and noticed the pale specter of a child behind him. Even now, he could only faintly sense the boy's light, yet it seemed the little one was right. This was the one they were looking for.... Yet he seemed ready to run, or fly, considering how his small wings trembled on his bareback. He didn't want to startle him more.... He noticed the young Sora'sa's eyes were drawn to Kyran, and made a hesitant decision. Putting him down, Zephir hoped for the best, though was ready for the worst.

Kyran looked at the boy and headed towards him curiously. He'd never seen anybody who'd looked like him before. He reached out to the Force using the few lessons he'd had in his four years. "Hello," he said.

The boy tilted his head, unnerved by the odd touch he sensed, but couldn't understand. It felt oddly like something was tapping against his soul. Stepping back, he blinked. That word he understood, the other humans that he had seen had used it, it was a greeting of some sort, he was sure, and he returned it in his own language.

Kyran blinked wondering what the young boy had said but figured, feeling a slight nudging from the Force that he had said his name. "My name is Kyran," he said, unsure of whether the boy could understand him or not.

'Kyran' distinctly sounded like the name of something, since it was too odd sounding to be simple basic. Or so the boy thought. He pointed to himself, a little unsure, "Me'telnen Lataine'."

Kyran frowned and tried to say the name. "Me... Me.. Lat.."What had the boy said his name was? It was hard to pronounce. He twisted his tongue around it again trying to pronounce it.

Me'telnen knew he should be running away, yet, he found himself drawing closer. Amusement bubbled up at the other boy's struggles to pronounce his name. "Me'telnen," he pronounced again.

"Me'telenenen," Kyran finally said and beamed.

Me?telnen laughed a little. It was close enough, he supposed. Testing his limits a little, he drew a tiny bit closer, and reached out with clawed hands to touch the odd hair that had interested him earlier. It was so strange. All his life he had only seen white, silver, black, and brown. This gold was very different, brilliant almost compared to such dull colors, "Sala'ne'," he said softly.

Kyran giggled as the other boy touched his hair and batted his hand away. The odd sensation of the other boy touching his hair tickled.

Me'telnen blinked, then grinned. For some odd reason, he trusted this alien. The ones behind him however... He glanced at them.

"Friends," Kyran pointed to two adults and then to himself trying to indicate to the small boy that they were with him.

Another curious blink, Perhaps these two were slaves of this boy? Me?telnen was only guessing of course, he didn?t know the ways of other worlds, only those of his own.

Kyran caught the stray thought somehow and giggled. He shook his head. "Good," he pointed again and then he pointed to the other boy. "You?re good too."

At first Me?telnen thought the boy meant he was to be part of this boy's group. But before he could react, he caught that the meaning was different. It translated oddly in his mind, but.... The boy and his fellows meant no harm that was a sure thing.

Kyran beamed at the boy and beckoned with his hand in a friendly gesture. "Come this way."

Again, Me'telnen tilted his head, questioning, then shook his head,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.