main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Anything for a Master (Rewrite) Updated 6/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Anything for a Master
    Author: jacen200015
    Timeframe: When JA1 would have begun
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Bruck, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Zenia (Ria)
    Genre: AU, adventure, angst, action,
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Bruck are nearing their 13th birthday and will do anything to get a Master before it's to late. When their efforts go awry it?ll be up to Qui-Gon, Zenia (aka: Ria), and Xanatos to team up to find and rescue them.
    Note: A brother's Destiny is the first in the series. Force Bonded Brothers is the second in the series.
    Note 2: Remember, read and review. I love replies. :)
    Note 3: You know the drill with the disclaimers so i won't mention them.

Alright everyone here it is. It'll look familar at first since i haven't changed to much yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Obi-Wan and Bruck left the tournament arena with heavy hearts. They both had less then a month to be chosen by a master but none had come forward.

?We must be doing something wrong.? Obi-Wan commented, his face etched with worry.

Bruck ran his fingers through his thick white hair and scratched the back of his neck. ?I don?t see what it would be. We train like the other initiates and have demonstrated ourselves many times in the last five tournaments.?

Obi-Wan let out a low sigh as they walked into a garden, ?another reason may be that not all of the Masters or Knights without a padawan show up at the tournaments.?

Bruck looked at his friend as he recalled one such master. ?Master Qui-Gon Jinn being one of them.?

Obi-Wan nodded his head and sat down near the small lake. ?My point exactly.?

Bruck sat down in front of Obi-Wan, a thoughtful look on his face. ?Perhaps we should take a more direct approach?? He suggested.

A sly grin pierced Obi-Wan?s features as a plan formed in his head, ?I have an idea.?

Bruck raised an eyebrow and waited for Obi-Wan to continue.

?What if we convince Master Jinn to watch us do a Kata that we created??

?First off we haven?t even created a Kata, second Master Jinn may tell us to have someone else watch us perform it and then make up some lame excuse.? Bruck told him with a shake of his head, ?It won?t work.?

?It was a thought.? Obi-Wan replied glumly.

Bruck stood up and began to pace, ?there has to be something we can do.?

?Stop pacing, you?re making me dizzy.?

Bruck rolled his eyes but stopped where he was, staring at the lake. The lake was calm and clear. Green algae could be seen on the rocks on the bottom, where the artificial sunlight hit them. Small fish of a bright array of colors swam in groups creating a rainbow like image in the water. A small pebble was thrown in and the fish broke from their groups and ripples were created in the middle of the lake. Bruck felt a lump in his throat when he felt a to familiar presence.

?Well, well, well,? a voice taunted. ?Look what we have here, two worried guppies.?

Bruck felt Obi-Wan?s hand on his shoulder and began to calm himself.

?What do you want Aalto?? Obi-Wan asked, his eyes turning a bright green.

?Oh nothing,? he answered as he walked to the side of the lake they were on. ?Just wanted to see how you two failures are doing.?

?We?re ?not? failures!? Bruck retorted, his icy blue eyes glaring at Aalto?s smug look.

?You shouldn?t be talking,? Obi-Wan remarked before Aalto could reply. ?You?re in more danger of being sent to the agri corps then we are right now.?

Aalto?s gray eyes sparkled in hidden laughter, ?so sure are you?? he asked mockingly. ?Well I?ll have you know that I am now a Padawan and you should treat me as such.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes took on a dark green as he squeezed his fist so hard that his knuckles turned white. ?Leave!?

Aalto gave them a twisted smile and turned to leave, ?with pleasure.?

Bruck let out a breath that he didn?t realize he had been holding and turned to look at Obi-Wan

2. NoemiTenshi

NoemiTenshi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Hey, I like your story and I hope, that you update soon ^^
    (sorry for this short post, but I'm not soo good at reviews...)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh! Looking forward to more. And soon! :D

4. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    NoemiTenshi: Hey, I like your story and I hope, that you update soon ^^
    (sorry for this short post, but I'm not soo good at reviews...)
    It's ok. :)

VaderLVR64: Oh! Looking forward to more. And soon! No Problem. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bruck found an empty table and sat down to eat his meal. Someone should tell Aalto?s new master about his attitude problem, he?ll make a terrible padawan like the stuck up person he is.

?Mind if I join you??

Bruck looked up and shrugged his shoulders. ?Make yourself comfortable.?

Corent placed his tray on the table and sat down across from Bruck, ?What?s bothering you?? he asked, noticing Bruck?s mood.

?Nothing.? Bruck answered a little to quickly as he picked at his food with his fork.

?Really now?? Corent remarked. Taking a bite of his food he waited a few minutes before continuing. ?Is it Aalto again??

Bruck looked up from his plate and fixed his eyes on Corent, ?He?s not your problem to deal with.?

Corent sat back in his seat and gave a small smile, ?Aalto is not the least of your problems is it??

?Will you quit pestering me!?? Bruck shot back, more sharply then intended.

Corent sighed and took another bite of his food, ?I wouldn?t be a very good friend if I didn?t at least try to help.?

Bruck was saved a reply when Garen and Bant sat down at the table.

?Hey Bruck, where?s Obi-Wan?? Garen asked.

?Hello Garen.? Bruck said with a small smile, ?Obi-Wan should be heading here soon. He went to go do something.?

?You were pretty impressive in the tournament today, so was Obi-Wan.? Bant remarked cheerfully. ?You both are sure to be chosen.?

Bruck put down his fork and gave a small sigh, ?That?s what you said six months ago.?

Everyone at the table became quiet while everyone else around them talked. The silence at the table however was uncomfortable and Bruck shifted a bit in his seat. The rest of their meal was eaten in silence, each one with their own thoughts.

~*~*~

Obi-Wan grinned when he saw Xanatos? face appear on the veiwscreen. ?Hello Xani, how are you doing??

?Hey squirt, it?s been awhile. I?m doing fine, what about you? How did the tournament go?? Xanatos asked.

Obi-Wan fought to keep his smile on his face as he answered, ?It went great.?

Xanatos? lips thinned as he eyed Obi-Wan, ?you didn?t get chosen did you??

Obi-Wan?s smiled disappeared as he nodded his head. ?No??I didn?t.?

Xanatos rubbed his chin in thought, ?why don?t you meditate about it.?

Obi-Wan scrunched up his nose and shook his head, ?I don?t want to meditate.?

?Meditation can be helpful.? Xanatos told him, ?Just give it a chance.?

?It takes to long and wastes time.?

?You need to be patient, you can?t force yourself into meditation. When it?s done properly then it won?t seem like a waste of time.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes turned a grayish green as he looked defiantly at Xanatos, ?Sitting around meditating is not going to get me a master any sooner.?

Xanatos lifted a black trimmed eyebrow and then gave a small smile, ?You?d be surprised young one. Now tell me, has Master Jinn returned from his latest mission yet??

?I don?t know, I did invite him to come to the tournament today but he wasn?t there.?

?Well then do me a favor. When Master Jinn does get back tell him personally that I want to talk to him.?

?Why don?t you just come here and talk to him yourself!? Obi-Wan snapped suddenly, his eyes flashing green.

Concern etched Xanatos? face and his eyes narrowed, ?control yourself Obi-Wan, there is no need to loose control.?

Obi-Wan slapped the button to end the transmission and stormed away from the communications room. No need? Ha! I?m in perfect control. He didn?t even answer my question. Well, it wasn?t exactly a question but still. I?m not some messenger boy who? realization dawned on him and his eyes lightened into a hazy blue, It would be the perfect excuse. Grinning from ear to ear he headed to Master Jinn?s room to see if Master Jin

5. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bruck stifled a yawn with his hand as he read his datapad on his desk. ?What?s harder, getting a master or solving these calculus problems?? he leaned back against his chair and looked out of the window. No matter what time of day Coruscant was bustling with activity. Bant calls it the planet that never sleeps. Smiling at that memory he let his thoughts drift inward, to the past, to when they didn?t worry about getting a Master.

*The sound of laughter filled the garden as the eight-year-old initiates ran around. Bruck chased after them, happiness evident on his face. All to soon they were called to regroup and settle down before lastmeal. Bruck sat down under a huge Kywri tree that blossomed with many different colored flowers and let himself feel the Force around him.

?Hey, that?s my spot!? Aalto yelled, his hands on his hips.

Startled Bruck looked up to see an irritated Aalto. ?I don?t see your name here.? He replied.

?Oh really?? Aalto scoffed. ?Everyone knows this is my spot. Now move!?

Bruck crossed his arms across his chest and looked at Aalto with determination in his eyes. ?There?s more then enough room so pick somewhere else.?

Aalto moved forward to grab Bruck but was grabbed from behind.

?Leave him alone Aalto.?

Aalto turned to see who dared to challenge him and came face to face with Obi-Wan. ?And why should I runt? Stay out of my way!?

Obi-Wan?s eyes were a storming greenish gray as he gave Aalto a piercing stare. ?Unless you want a trip to the council you better stop.?

Aalto laughed and shook his head, ?no one is going to listen to you runt. Now scram!?

Unfazed Obi-Wan smiled knowingly, ?look to your right.?

Aalto looked and his smirk became a frown. ?Ah, I just remembered, I need to go get something.? He stammered and ran off.

Bruck gave a thankful smile and stood up. ?Thanks, although I could have handled it myself.?

?I?m sure. Still, you can?t be to careful with Aalto.?

?What?s his problem anyway??

Obi-Wan shrugged his shoulders and looked to where Aalto had gone, ?who knows. Anyway I have another idea for a prank.?

Bruck groaned but a part of him anticipated doing another prank, ?As long as the prank doesn?t involve Master Windu then I?m fine with it.?

?Hey give me a break,? Obi-Wan replied, turning to face Bruck. ?It was an accident, it wasn?t aimed at him.?

Bruck rolled his eyes, ?we had to scrub the cafeteria floor for a whole week and I still have sore knees.

?Relax, we?ll be more careful.? Obi-Wan reassured his friend. ?I have a good feeling about this one.?

?That?s what I?m afraid of.?*

A smile crept onto Bruck?s face at the memory, ?things were so simple then. Now, now things are more complicated and the reality of how close we are coming to being sent to the agri corps is frightening.?
    Bruck rubbed his eyes in a vain effort to avoid sleep, ?there just has to be some way we can get a Master before it?s to late.

~*~*~

?Perhaps we need to prove ourselves more and I?m not talking about more tournaments.? Obi-Wan suggested, in the silence of the meditation room

Bruck opened his eyes and looked at his friend in annoyance, ?damaging our diligence in our lessons won?t help prove ourselves.?

?Everyone?s meditating, who?s going to notice?? Obi-Wan asked, gesturing to the meditating initiates.

Bruck sighed in reluctance as he waited for Obi-Wan to continue explaining his new plan.

Seeing that he had Bruck?s undivided attention Obi-Wan continued, ?Since no one has taken interest in are lightsaber skills and are progress in or classes, I believe we need to do something bigger.?

?What do you mean by bigger?? Bruck asked slowly, unease forming in the pit of his stomach.

?I say that we go on a mission, a simple one, by ourselves.? Obi-Wan finished.

Bruck?s face paled and he squeaked out a response. ?Us? Mission? Alone??

Nodding his head, Obi-Wan smiled. ?Yep. And I think I?ve found the perfect one.? He looked around the room to make sure no one was listening and leaned closer to Bruck. ?We?re going to put a stop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.