main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Force Visions (Obi-Wan age 16/Qui-Gon/Yoda)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kateydidnt, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Title: Force Vision
    Author: Kateydidnt
    Rating: G
    Genre: Short- Story; Moderate Angst
    Summary: A strange ripple in the Force draws three Jedi into visions that they cannot fully understand.

Force Vision

?Has there been any change?? Master Windu asked the healer, gazing concerned at the two lying on beds.
    ?They are still as they were when they were brought here,? the Master Healer said, his puzzlement evident in his voice, ?I understand that Master Yoda was affected as well??
    ?He was, but he recovered almost immediately and retreated to his room to meditate in private. These two,? Mace gestured to the beds, ?on the other hand collapsed in the council chamber and have not responded to anything since.? He sighed and said, ?We all felt the ripple in the Force, but only three were drawn in like this.?
    ?All we can do is wait then, for them to come out of this?vision.? The Healer left the room and Mace was alone with the prone bodies of Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his sixteen year old Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

ooOOoo

Yoda sat in perfect stillness. He searched the currents of the Force for more of an explanation as to what had happened to cause such a powerful Force vision to overwhelm three Jedi. Calling up the memory of his vision he tried to understand its meaning.

He was unable to see, unable to speak, unable to move or feel anything around him. And then he heard a voice, soft but powerful.
    The time is come. The one to shape the future to his will is come. It is his destiny to choose.
    Then silence surrounded him once more. He seemed to remain in that state for a long time and he stretched out his senses in the Force to find out more, to understand what the Force was trying to tell him.

It is his destiny to CHOOSE. It was deafening this time. And briefly, very briefly, he understood with breathtaking clarity the ultimate power of the Force in a way he had never understood it before. He reached farther, desperately hoping for more enlightenment.
    But the Force released him from its awesome power.

Yoda sighed, that brief moment of complete understanding was gone, muddled by life, constrained by crude matter.

ooOOoo

When he had collapsed on the floor of the council chamber, Qui-Gon had been enveloped by the Force and touched it in a way he had never experienced before. Always he had been a master and follower of the Living Force, the wild untamed power of existence in the moment. He had never been strong in the Unifying Force, the overarching power that controlled destinies of men and fates of worlds. But now?

He could see the past stretching out in a great line, millennia upon millennia of existence, of life, death, grief, happiness, survival, despair, hope?all of it he could see it stretching away from him. Trillions upon trillions of lives, faces, men, women, children, alien races long gone, all of them. He saw them born, becoming individuals out of the essences of the Force, saw them die and become one with it again. For what seemed like an eternity he stood watching in wonder the entirety of existence. It all slowed and suddenly he saw himself as it must have looked to those around him, lying on the floor of the council chamber in front of the Jedi council, his apprentice beside him. He saw himself carried to the infirmary and laid on a bed. And then?nothing. All seemed still. He gazed across the universe, all frozen in a moment.

This is where you normally live?so limited in the now but there is so much more Beyond. Look!

He could not tell if the thoughts were his own or not. But heeding them, he turned around to see what was at his back. He gasped as he saw time spread before him, not in a line, but a great writhing cacophony, constantly changing. He propelled himself forward and tried to isolate and make sense of it all. But it could not be tamed.
    In frustration he reached out to halt its progression, but it moved on despite him.

And so, finally, after a long time of struggling futilely, he let go a

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    No letting pb's like this one drown. [face_shame_on_you]

I liked it - especially the way you tied it all up with Anakin's birth - the moment of his arrival, with the three Jedi who would most influence - and be influenced by him. I also liked the way the Force affected all three Jedi in different ways - Qui-Gon, by giving him an overview of sorts; Yoda with the Chosen One's 'Choice', and Obi-Wan with what his life will be...

Nice work. :)

3. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Wow - I think this is really good!

Loved it!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

It's amazing what you can think while in the shower

good stories for one

very nice start.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job! Hehehe my bunnies hit me when I'm driving home from shopping of all places ;)

Loved the separate visions :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely work! I really hope you'll be writing more using this story line! :D

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Oooh, lovely! I really enjoyed how you showed how the Force affected all three of them at the moment of Anakin's birth! Wonderful portents. A really great beginning. :)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good bunny- have some bunny chow ;)

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow...let that bunny breed! I suspected what it was referring to because of obi's age, but the description of being incomplete was so staggering.

10. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    So this plot bunny bit me while I was, of all things, taking a shower. Inspiration hits us all in the strangest of places, for me it's more often when I'm drifting off to sleep, or in an exam, which is rather off-putting. Intresting storyline, esspecially the fact that all their visions are different, but they were all to do with Anakin being born. Great stuff :)

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A most wonderful fic. Superb view of what thew characters were shown at such a moentus time, Very nice.

12. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Wonderful I love the different visions and how Ani would effect all three of them :D great job =D=

13. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Very nice Force visions to our three Jedi and the roles they will face in the future.

Qui-Gon is being told to memorize the presence and FIND it in the future. And so he does - discovers Anakin.

Obi-Wan is being shown what his life will be - and how his relationship with Anakin will evolve and change. Since he dies before Anakin turns back to the good side, he is "incomplete" when he dies, though somewhat hopeful.

Yoda is being told of Anakin's final CHOICE - to save Luke over the Emperor. And to wait for and believe in that Choice. As he does in the OT. "No, there is another." Vader? "You must confront Vader!"

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, great story! I love that whole concept of how the force showed a vision right after Anakin was born to the three people who would have the most to do with him, so that they would be more prepared for what lies ahead. Very nice! :D

15. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Wow, thanks everyone. I'm glad you liked it! I have no plans for continuing this myself, but if anyone wants to use the idea, you're welcome to-just let me know.

Thank you again for reading and responding!

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I really liked the part discribing how Qui felt in the Force.

17. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Oh man, very cool! =D=

I love how different each vision was, how Qui-Gon was able to see all the different possibilities & Obi-Wan feel the various emotions events would bring him.

Excellent work!

18. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Three very different visions, not understood, yet... [face_thinking]

Hmmmm... wonder who that baby was at the end? ;)

Good job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.