main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Seeing and Hearing is Believing ~~A b'day postie for my Padawan~~Qui/Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    To my beloved Padawan, a gift for your Naming Day celebration, though a little early. May the day be spent in relaxation and deep meditation reflecting on all things come and gone.

Time meant nothing to the Jedi Master as he reverently sat next to the bed that held his Padawan.

A week? Has it been that long?Obi-Wan? Sighing heavily, he rubbed his face wearily.

?Qui-Gon?I should have known you would be here still with him. Have you not rested at all?? A deep sympathetic voice came from behind him.

Qui-Gon did not have to turn to see who it was. He had grown up hearing that voice everyday since becoming the man?s Padawan so many years ago.

?Master Dooku?? He did turn and started to get up to bow out of habit, but long fingers stopped him, as the aristocrat pushed him back down in his chair.

?No?stay seated, I just came to see how you and the boy was fairing. We are hardly ever at the Temple at the same time lately?? Dooku strayed off as his eyes roamed over his old pupil to visually see how he was.

?No not quite Master?I have left a couple of times, but I can not stay away?? Qui-Gon?s attention was drawn back once more to the slumbering youth.

?He took the hit for me?there were too many. He leapt in front of a shot that I would not have been able to deflect in time.? Tears misted the Master?s eyes as he reached out and pushed some of the dampened ginger hair away from the closed eyes. How he longed to see those cerulean orbs once more.

?Padawans do that if I am not mistaken. As you have done for me in the past.? Dooku?s dark eyes softened at the younger man's words. He could see the affection and concern as well as feel it through the Force emanating from his old apprentice.

?He will be all right?? As far as Dooku could see, the youth looked fine except for the paleness and the bandages on the young man?s chest that could be seen above the blanket.

?Yes, the Chief Healer said he should recover quite well. I just wished he would wake up. Seeing is believing?? Qui-Gon mumbled as he sat back in the chair, still eyeing his apprentice.

?I am glad that you are well, Qui-Gon. When I returned?I had learned of the situation, but second hand.? Dooku was unsure as to relate his feelings. The two had not spoken in years since Xanatos? fall. Qui-Gon still faulted Dooku for some of the reasons as to why the Padawan had fallen to the Dark Side. He had been upset when he found out that it had been Dooku that helped his apprentice communicate with his bio-logical father. Dooku?s excuse was that the boy pleaded and mentioned that he did not want to ask Qui-Gon because he knew it would have hurt his Master?s feelings. He knew that Qui-Gon loved the boy as a son.

Sighing quietly, Dooku regretted not pushing the issue with Qui-Gon in allowing more time with him. He missed the philosophical talks with his old Padawan. But Qui-Gon was animate about not letting him any where near Obi-Wan. He was afraid of the possibility that his ?darkness? might taint his new apprentice. So Dooku had agreed and drifted out of Qui-Gon?s life?reluctantly.

?Thank you for your concern Master, but as you can see we are fine.? Qui-Gon did not want to tell the older man to leave, but the tone was there in his voice. A subtle hint.

?Yes?I can see that now.? Laying his hand on the younger Master?s shoulder, Dooku reached for their old bond and found Qui-Gon?s shields fully in place. Not pressing, he nodded his head once in a final motion.

?I?m always here for you if you ever need me. Com me some time?? There was no desperation in his voice, no plea, not with Master Dooku. He was to prideful for that.

?Thank you. I will keep your offer in mind.? Qui-Gon said quietly. He had felt his old Master reach for their link, but he did not respond?nor would he. Too much had happened over the years and indeed they had grown apart. In more ways than one.

?Then goodbye Qui-Gon. It was good seeing you again.? The presence behind the y

2. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, that was very, very sweet. [face_love] The part with Dooku was sad, though. :( I assume you've written fics where they reconcile? Obviously Xan's turning still hurts Qui. Love how he tries to protect his Padawan, though, even to the point of being a little overprotective. :) And a lovely ending!

Thanks! This was a wonderful birthday present!

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Awwwwwww... [face_love]

May (best wishes in advance, by the way :) )is one lucky padawan - lovely master-paddy mush. Loved Qui being so protective (despite his emotions regarding Dook :( ) - and loved the hug. Sweet, Kyn!

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww! I love mushy stories! That was great! :D

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the touch of explaining his alienation with Dooku.

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awesome viggy, Kynstar!!! *sniff* I loves mush

7. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah, mush. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] @};-

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww, that was a wonderfully mush filled viggie. I agree with those saying lucky may for having such a generous master. :D :D

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Happy birthday, May and what a lovely present. Ah, it brings warm feelings to my heart. Sweet and mushy - just the way I like it. Good job, Kyn!

10. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    [face_love]awwww...our boys at their (mushy :p ) best! =D= very sweet. Lucky May! Happy birthday! (haha, that rhymes!) 8-}

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweet and mushy, just how I like my Jedi (unless they've gone sexy and Sithly, of course!)

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, sweet mush! I loved it! [face_love]

Happy birthday, May! :)

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

just what was needed for a happy birthday
    a bit of sweet mush and comfort.
    [face_dancing]

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    happy mushy mush

15. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Awwwww... So sweet. Wonderful birthday mush. :D

Happy belated birthday!

So, mom, can I expect something as good as this on my birthday. :p

16. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Happy B-day to my Paddy Neice :)

That was beautiful Kyn! [face_love]

Yes Master?just more tired than I thought. I?I am sorry for not finishing the mission consciously [face_laugh]

Those two are wonderful together!

17. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    This was really sweet! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.