main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga RotS: Prophecy Fulfilled (RotS AU, Ani/Palpatine, Obi-Wan/Yoda/Padme, Qui-Gon) **Updated 11/17/05**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Anderson, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Anderson

Darth_Anderson Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Alright, first of all, hi everyone. This is really my first attempt at writing some fan fiction, but I thought I'd give it a try. This current version is set directly during RotS, specifically where Mace is confronting Palpatine. It asks the question "What if Anakin had resisted?" It's not done yet, but the main stage is set, and I plan to continue the story through the end of RotS, although it will obviously be different. The main cast right now is Anakin and Palpatine, with Mace and Obi-Wan making brief appearances. Thanks a bunch, and I hope you guys like it (any suggestions from fanfiction vets would be appreciated).

RotS Duality: Prophecy Fulfilled

?Anakin?help!?

The earnest plea resonated through Anakin?s mind, not so much words as a feeling of helplessness, of urgent need. The shock of the invasion brought Anakin out of his meditation. Through the Force, Anakin searched for the source of this plaintive call. Wading through the swirling eddy that was collectively known as the Living Force, Anakin located the one who had called for him. Chancellor Palpatine? What could possibly cause him to call for help? As Chancellor of the Republic, Palpatine had access to the finest bodyguards on Coruscant, and indeed there was a round-the-clock presence outside his office door.

Irregardless, Anakin knew he had to act. Without the guiding wisdom of Palpatine, the Republic would be lost, and Coruscant itself likely razed to the duracrete foundations poured so many millenniums ago by the newest tool of the Separatists, the partly living, mostly machine abomination known as Grievous. The thought of the death of Coruscant brought to mind another?one he cared for far more deeply than any other being. Padmé Amidala, his love, his wife?his angel. Once more he felt the surge of confidence flow through him. Whatever the danger to Palpatine, it would not be enough. For he was Jedi. The Chosen One. He would save Palpatine. He would win this war. And he most definitely would protect the life of his love and mother of his children.

Jumping to his feet, Anakin raced down the halls of 500 Republica, the housing complex for many senators and other wealthy citizens of Coruscant. Rounding a corner, Anakin dashed down the hall, calling upon the Force to quicken his movements, allowing him to clear the long distance in a matter of seconds. As he got closer to the Chancellor?s office, a new feeling erupted inside him. Cold?dark. Death was in Palpatine?s office.

But whose? The Chancellor still lived. Then he noted the presence of another Jedi, one whose strength in the Force was perhaps the only to come close to rivaling Obi-Wan. What was Master Windu doing in there? Of course. He must have sensed the danger the Chancellor was in. That was why he?

Anakin stopped short at the sight that greeted him upon entering Palpatine?s office. Palpatine was cowering in a corner, Mace?s violet blade at his throat. There, in the doorway?Masters Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar lay still. Dead. Every one of them. And each of them displayed tell-tale signs of what had caused their deaths. The deep black pools of Master Fisto?s eyes gazed up at him from the floor, the sheen of life gone from them. Master Tiin?s severed arm still clutched his lightsaber, though it was no longer activated. And Kolar?his was perhaps the cleanest death, a single lightsaber thrust to the chest. The charred flesh around the cauterized wound still smoldered. Unbidden, tears welled in Anakin?s eyes. These had been good people. His teachers. His friends. Why had they died?

The smell of electricity filled the air. Lighting seemed to crackle all around him. Turning to the source of the lightning, Anakin saw that perhaps Palpatine was not so powerless as he had seemed. Mace did his best to shield himself from the wrath of Palpatine, but his blade was no match for the true Master of the Sith. Dropping his lightsaber, Mace fell to his knees, stunned, and slowly lost consciousness.

The Chancellor turned to Anakin. ?Help me, lad. T

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    OOh, how I hate Palpatine. Wonderful story. Need more.

3. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Ooh! Very nice begining. You now have my undivided attention with this story, Darth_Anderson.

Can we expect more anytime soon? I want to see what happens with poor Anakin and that evil manipulative worm Palpy

4. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Well, like I said before, I hope to continue through the end of RotS. Then I'll maybe take it beyond that, if I can do it well. As for updates...I hope to get the next section completed and posted by the end of the week. I'll have to see how the actual writing process goes, though. Otherwise, look for something by Friday night.

5. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    ---------/\---------------
    --------/...\--------------
    -------/......\-------------
    ------/.........\------------
    ---------||---------------

Upping from page 5! :p

6. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Updated 6/30. Obi-Wan and Yoda have been added to the story. Thanks for the comments, and keep the feedback coming, please.

7. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Love the new section that you added to the first post, especially where both Obi-Wan and Yoda realise how much Anakin means to them!

Great work!

8. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Shameless bump...

9. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    This is a very interesting concept I really haven't seen portrayed much yet (or maybe there is but I haven't noticed. ;) )

I like the premise. I did really believe Anakin turned too soon in the movie, but there ya go. ;) And I do like a light-side Anakin as much as the next person, really I do. I like what you have so far. You are a very well-thought-out author, I can tell that already. :D Your descriptions of Anakin and the Force are lovely.

There are some things I don't understand yet, but that's the nature of building a story! You've got me hooked. :D

And a word of masterly advice - when you update, you probably shouldn't add to the first post, no matter how small the chapter may be. It helps readers see that you are continuing and posting, and gives an easier starting point. ;)

Good job!

-Krystal

10. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, good story so far.

I loved the fight between Anakin and Palpatine.

I'm certain Anakin was taken by surprise when Palpatine didn't even seem fazed when he had his arm severed. Just about any living being -whether Jedi or Sith- would be severely affected by such an injury...at least for the short term.

Loved Yoda's confession at Anakin's bedside. I'm certain Yoda will find a way to wake him up, sooner or later. Now, what happens when Padme gets word of what's happened. My guess is she'll come storming into the room and reveal to Yoda and Obi-Wan her relationship with Anakin. IMO, that willl be the starting point for Yoda and Obi-Wan to start tracing the truth of what's happened.

Can't wait for the next post.

11. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    KrystalBlaze- I'm glad you liked it so far. I think a Light Anakin is an interesting concept as well, considering just how much power he has, how much potential. Thank you for the compliments regarding my depiction of Anakin and the Force. Just out of curiosity, what things are you confused about? It would be nice to know these things, for two reasons. One, if it's something that probably should have been cleared up already, I'll have to try and do it, and two, if it's just something I haven't gotten to yet, it'll give me a springboard for future chapters. And thank you for the advice, Master.

TorontoJediMaster- Yes, I am sure Anakin was surprised. Yet another credit to the hidden strength of the true Lord of the Sith. I'm glad Yoda's confession is going over well. I wasn't sure how people would react to seeing the Grand Master of the Jedi Order let everything go, but I thought it would be interesting.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the comments. I will hopefully have an update by the end of the week. (Maybe even tomorrow night, if I'm lucky)

-Darth

12. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Update 7/05

Padmé Amidala Skywalker paced her apartment. It had been far too long. It had been three days since Anakin had visited her, since she had been allowed to gaze into his eyes and tell him she loved him. Three days, and yet she knew he was on Coruscant. He would have told her if he were leaving?wouldn?t he? ?Stop it,? she scolded herself. Of course he would have told her. Especially after finding out that he was going to be a father. She had seen the joy in his eyes, heard him dangerously declaring that ?He didn?t care if anyone knew about them.? That was dangerous, and yet she regarded it as one of her many treasured moments with Anakin, because it was just one more way of him showing his love for her.

?OK, Padmé, calm down. You know he?s on Coruscant. You know he?s alive. The Masters at the temple are probably debriefing him.? For that matter, she knew the Senate had just received a full report of his daring rescue of the Chancellor. At the thought of Palpatine, Padmé had to smile. She did not agree with all the power he was taking on, all the control he was taking from the senate. But?Palpatine was a good man. He had been like an Uncle to her, for as long as she could remember. She remembered the party he had thrown for her, when she had been elected Queen of Naboo. It must have cost him nearly a million credits, but he had done it for her, and she knew that was all that mattered. He promised that he would lay down his power when the Clone Wars no longer required them, and a promise from Palpatine, in her mind, was just as good as one from Yoda.

At the thought of the diminutive Jedi, she remembered that Obi-Wan was back on planet as well. Perhaps she could pay him a visit. He would surely know where Anakin was, and she could pretend to be coming from the senate, under the pretense of clarifying some detail in his report. With a plan firmly in mind, Padmé left her apartment at 500 Republica, and went in search of Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan, meanwhile, was on his third cup of Jawa Juice at Dexter?s. He knew he should be back at the temple, either watching Anakin, or sparring with one of the other Masters. Maybe Mace. Come to think of it, Obi-Wan hadn?t seen Mace since he had gotten back to Coruscant. Ah, well. Perhaps he was on a mission. And Anakin was under careful watch by Yoda. So?he took another sip from his cup, and turned to face Dex, whose mouth, he finally noticed, was moving.

??bad about Skywalker. He?s a good kid. And the only one to be able to stomach some of my more?questionable recipes. I remember the first time you brought him in here. He couldn?t have been much older than 10. As I recall, he was already pretty good at saving your skin. And making sure you knew he was doing it, as well.?

?Oh, come on, Dex, I?m a Jedi. I knew that scaffolding was going to fall. I was testing Anakin. As you?ll recall, I wasn?t that convinced of his abilities early on.?

?Just as I?m not that convinced you knew it was going to fall, old friend.?
    Dexter?s face grew dark suddenly.

?Ben?? Dex whispered, ?What could have done this to Anakin? If he is really gone from the Force, like you say he is?if one of the greatest of the Jedi can so easily be broken?what hope is there for the rest of you? What hope is there for the Republic? How long before the Sith reclaim the galaxy??

?I don?t know, Dex. But it is not a Jedi?s place to worry. There is no emotion, only peace. We will find the Dark Lord, and we will stop him, and we will bring Anakin back. As long as he breathes, there is hope. And now, speaking of Anakin, I best be getting back to the Temple. Goodbye, Dexter.?

?Bye, Ben. And?tell Skywalker hi for me.?

After paying the air-taxi droid his fare, Obi-Wan stepped onto the public landing deck at the Jedi Temple.

?Obi-Wan!?

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked around, searching for the face of the one who had called his name. There was Padmé, waving at the top of the stairs. For a brief second, hope surged through his heart. Had Anakin awakened? But no, his answer came from a hollow void in the For

13. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I just found this and i can say that im really enjoying it, i cant wait for the next installment!

14. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Yorkshire-Gal- Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Very good post.

I was wondering when Padme would come looking at the Temple.

The only thing I found wrong was when Obi-Wan was thinking he hadn't seen Mace Windu for several days. The Jedi already know Mace was killed in Palpatine's office. Palpatine told Obi-Wan this himself when he brought Anakin back there.

Now, is Palpatine clouding the minds of the other Jedi to keep what he's done to Anakin secret, or was Obi-Wan just so exhausted he'd forgotten?

16. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Nice post!

So the whole Council knew about Padme and Anakin? That at least solves the problem of comming clean about the whole marriage thing. I'm assuming they accepted it since Anakin's still in the Order.

Can wait for more!

17. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    TorontoJediMaster- What we have here is a continuity error, that most despised form of error. I had forgotten that Palpatine had divulged Mace's fate. Whoops. Well, thank you very much for calling it to my attention. I'll clear that up when next I update.

Astarael- I will probably get into why the Council accepted Anakin's...breach of conduct in a later chapter. But yes, I think the Jedi Council, if anyone, would be able to see it. As Yoda once told a nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker "See through you, we can."

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I do believe I've gotten enough positive feedback to see this through to the end. It's going to be an exciting ride.

-Darth

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    What an interesting story! I'll certainly keep watch on it!

jazz

19. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    you cant end it there ¡¡¡¡ i wanna see padme's reaction when obi wan tells her what happened to her ani(cackle).more soon ,please ???[face_batting]

20. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Poor Padme! So much shock in so little time... poor woman. And I don't say that lightly; I'm not too much of a fan of her character is ROTS. But poor kid.

Good part. I think you really captured Padme's characterization in this chapter. And my poor Obi-Wan! :( He must be so confused right now.

The part that confused me was that Obi-Wan was on Coruscant when Palpatine was killing Mace. In the movies, he's still on Utapu(?). That's mostly it, though.

I'm still hooked! Keep updating. :D

-Krystal

21. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Well this truly looks interesting, I can't figure how are you going to work this, but I hope is to a light ending for everyone except Palpatine, he can die with joy ;). hope to read more soon, be well and take care.

22. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I just found this fic and like it very much! I like how everyone already knew about Padme and Anakin's marriage. Also found it cute when Obi-wan told her she's having twins! That has bothered me since ROTS came out, Anakin is probably the greatest force sensitive being ever and he doesn't know his wife is having twins!!!!! * sorry, sometimes I get a little worked up on that topic*

Please keep this up Darth, I look forward to seeing how it plays out!!

23. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Jazz_Skywalker- Thank you very much for taking an interest in my story. I'm certainly enjoying writing it, and I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.

sithrules70- I have absolutely no intention of ending it here, especially considering the flurry of interest that has popped up. I hope to have an update within a couple of days.

KrystalBlaze- Thank you for your kind words, master. I hope I am living up to your expectations of your padawan. As for Obi-Wan being on Coruscant...Always in motion, the future is. It will be explained, or at the very least made to seem less out of place.

Erin_21- Thank you, Erin. To tell the honest truth, I sometimes can't figure out how I'm going to work it. But then, I get another stroke of inspiration, and a little more of the story gets told. As for the ending...well, I guess you'll just have to keep coming back, won't you? ;)

ANAKINSBABY- Again, thanks for taking the time to read my story. I promise, this is just the beginning. If my plans work out right, you'll probably all be sick of it by the time I finish the final update (which is nowhere in the forseeable future). I also thought it would make for a cute-for-the-reader/shock-inducing-for-Padme moment. Glad you enjoyed it.

For those of you with a bit of patience, I strongly hope you stay with this until the end. For those of you who may eventually lose interest, thanks for the amount of time you've given me. But for now, the next update should be up within a couple of days. Until then, may the Force be with you.

-Darth

24. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    hey I have paitence...i can wait...and i like this story...please come back....can they save anakin?

rachel

25. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.