main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Last Mission (Pre-JA, no OCs) - One-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Hello there!

You know these characters. And that's the most I can tell. :D

Title: The Last Mission
    Author(s): ithesock
    Timeframe: Well...um...Pre-JA. Very.
    Characters: Green, Blue, Colour, Light. They're Canon, yes.
    Genre: Um....
    Keywords: Eh?
    Summary: The birth of three legends.
    Notes: I wrote this because I felt I should. A product of my odd, insane, imagination.

Here goes...

The Light filled them.

It had always been so. At times they were inseparable from Its brilliance, and sank within its embrace, feeling its power, its warmth?and its affection. Many said that the Light could not love?but they knew better. The Light was many things to many beings, but to those who knew it and sought it, it was all encompassing. When one knew the Light, one need know nothing else. It was the beginning; it was the end. It filled all, and once touched by It, none could be the same.

They had known It a long time ago?before Time had begun to mark its presence.

Sometimes they stayed with It; for It could talk, just as any sentient being could, when It chose. Sometimes they left It on adventures, for there were times when they wished to know what it was like to be a away from It, and know It from within the confines of a physical existence. Each time, it was a different experience.

Whichever they chose, It always loved them. It loved many, for It had created them all?yet, It had a special affection for them. For they had obeyed it unquestioningly at all times?they loved It too. Through aeons they had loved, revered and worshipped It; thought of It as their friend. And so, It sometimes gave them concessions.

Where others did not have the right to choose, they could.

Subject to certain conditions, of course. Even if they were special, It was notorious for fair conduct. Besides, they were often rewarded in other ways.

They had not always been together. Green was known for his wander-lust, and would often flit from one dimension to another, craving anything new. Had he not been filled with complete awareness of It, and enough compassion to serve whole worlds, he would have lost himself. That rarely happened; he usually found his way back to It soon enough. He and loneliness were strangers.

Blue was the serene one; he was filled with Light within and without. His soul was what every one yearned for; yet few attained. There was a strange luminescence that filled him; it was what had drawn Green to him in the first place. Green was luminescent too, but his Light was apt to be scattered in too many directions. Blue was his anchor, and they had remained friends ever since their first meeting.

Colour, now. Possibly the most complicated to define of the three, because he was still occasionally confused. He had been confused when Green and Blue had first met him, and though their association had done much to calm him and restore him to a now serene turquoise, he still reverted to a dingy yellow, or disturbed red. Such times were disquieting. Green often wished to turn whole planets to help him; Blue counselled peace and quiet. Both methods worked.

Colour always insisted that Blue and Green were his true anchors, and not the Light.

And the Light merely smiled.

Now they were getting restless, all three of them. They had resided with the Light in their subtlest form, sinking completely into Its consciousness, barely aware of the Universe around them; now they wished to take a more active part.

Besides, duty called. Duty of sorts, for they were connected to all life in the Universe, and the distress of others echoed in their souls. And they wished to help. To wish was to do, as far as they were concerned.

?We must go,? Green remarked, slightly restless. ?They are going down a path that will lead to complete destruction; we may be able to help.?

?So sure, are you?? was Blue?s amused answer.

Green raised a figurative eyebrow (they had no physical features to define them)?and glanced at Co

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww.. bravo ithesock. I enjoyed that immensely. I had wondered where it was going, if it was the beginning of the Force itself, but this worked oh so much better. Another wonderful unique piece! :)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was really so cool. I don't have words but I just loved it. I could sort of tell where you were going with it with the green and the blue. Colour was a bit more tentative but since I figured Anakin would be all colors anyway, it made sense.

Loved it. Really wonderful. =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful! But I expect that when I see sockie's name attached to anything! :D

Loved it.

5. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Not what I expected - even better! =D=

6. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Very original! I absolutely loved it, and I definitely didn't see the ending coming. This was amazing!! :D

7. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Very nice. =D=

Keep that insanity coming. [face_dancing] ;)

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Cool! I figured out who the three were pretty early in the story--great job writing our favorite Jedi as blobs of pain! [face_laugh] Or splashes of color, or parts of a spectrum, or whatever. Very nice. Enjoyed it greatly. Keep these lovely little vigs coming! They're delightful.

9. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Perfect writng. A child's bedtime story with a hint of the people Green, Blue, and Color are born to in the SW universe. Very sweet to see the affection between the three, especially with Blue and Color. Adroable! and well done!=D=

10. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    *struck speechless*

=D=

11. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    At first i thought blue was Yoda, but now i think it was Obi-Wan.
    Green must be Qui-Gon then.

This was wonderfully done.

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Amazingly original. Bravo! =D=

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Beautiful, I loved seeing the beginning of Anakin and his guides. They are all so sweet together [face_love]

14. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    That was sweet, and so very beautiful.

I don't know what else to say [face_love]

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, that was very original! I figured out who the colors were pretty early, but I still love how you show them as the different colors. Wonderful job! =D=

16. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Wow. Just wow Master.

I really can't think of any other way of saying it.

That was wonderful.

The roles of all three were made out wonderfully.

It was spectaular.

Your Devoted Little Paddy,
    Seven

17. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Apologies for having taken so long to reply...but here I am, at last. :D

Healer_Leona: Thank you very much, m'dear. The beginning of the Force...? Wow, that is quite a bunny too... :D

dianethx: I made her speechless! :eek: :eek: :D Thank you. Knew you'd guess the colours - I went by their light-sabres...which, I think are actually a definition of their personalities. You guessed it, as I knew you would. :)

VaderLVR64: Wow. Thank you, Mamavader. [face_blush]

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon: I crack up every time I see your username. Thanks so much. :)

Jedi Obi-Wan: Glad it took you by surprise. Thanks. :)

Kadi: You've no idea what you've unleashed. [face_devil] Thanks!

maychorian: Thank you so much. I knew you'd recognize it early too - little escapes your sharp notice. :)

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Aw, thanks. Yep, I figured blue and Colour would have a special affection for each other. :)

LuvEwan: <gives LE a smothering hug> [:D] Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me. :)

jacen200015: You guessed right. Green is Qui, Blue is Obi. Thank you. :)

obi_ew: o_e! [face_love] Thank you!

tangled_sphere: 'Anakin and His Guides." Now there's a title for ya...thanks, t_s. Always a pleasure to know you've dropped in. [:D]

River_Stone: My dear, that was more than enough (although, next time, I expect an essay). Thank you!

Jedi_Tigris: I liked writing that way too - defining them as colours. It all seemed so much...easier. And clearer. Thank you. :)

My paddy Seven:[face_love] Thank you, little one. Your words mean much to me. I'm glad you liked it so much.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow! Very cool perspective! :eek: I loved how it sounded so much like a creation myth, and the idea that this would be the last go for Blue, Green, and Color. Very, very different. =D=

19. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    This was simply...De-Light-Ful!

Did I really say that? [face_whistling]

20. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Gods..how did I miss replying to this? My bad. :(

JadeSolo: Thanks, Jade dear.
    I loved how it sounded so much like a creation myth, and the idea that this would be the last go for Blue, Green, and Color

I was kind of fascinated by the last mission thing, myself. :D So glad you got that.

Star_Drifter : Thanks so much.

Did I really say that?

**blinks innocently** Say what?? [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.