main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When worlds collided. (A crossover between SW and Lost in Space)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Apr 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This is not the crossover I was talking about but I hope you like it. Thank you, JediCandy, for the idea! I hope you like it.
    John Robison, his son Will, and Major West were working on the weather indicator a mile from camp. Will was looked away from the machinery for a minute and saw a ship enter the atmosphere.
    "Dad, I think someone is landing and they seem to be in trouble.
    John looked over to where his son was indicating. He was just in time to see the ship crash.
    "We better go see if they need help." John said.
    They packed their tools up and after securing everything; they quickly made their way toward the crashed ship.
    Fifteen-year-old Obi-won Kenobi pecked out of the protective embrace that Qui-gon had him in. The ship was a wreck but what concerned Obi-won more was his master, who looked to be unconscious and had sustained some injuries.
    "Master?" Obi-won asked, trying to revive his Master, "Qui-gon?"
    He pulled himself away from Qui-gon and tried again to revive him, but to no effect. Obi-won knew that they needed to get out of the ship soon, just incase it might blow. He tried to drag Qui-gon toward the hatch, but even though he was very strong for a boy his age, he couldn't move his larger master. Just then he heard a noise.
    Well, what did you think? Please tell me.
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/3129/z95.gif
    Jedi Knight Neon Star*

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 04-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 04-27-2000).]

2. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    This is interesting. Is Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon going to go into the time machine and end up on earth? That would be very cool.

POST MORE!!!

--Mr. P

3. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I like it, I like it...

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Hi! Thanks for the comments. Here is the next part.
    The next thing Obi-won heard was some one shouting, "Hello, is anyone in here?"
    Obi-won knew that he should be cautious but he needed help, so he shouted, "Help, in here!"
    In stepped two men and a boy no older than himself.
    John looked at the young boy who was kneeling beside the older man who was lying on the floor unconscious.
    "Don't worry, we won't hurt you. We just want to help you,? he said.
    "My master has been injured. He needs medical attention immediately." the boy said.
    "We'll see what we can do to help him."
    John and Don slowly approached and knelt beside the boy. They examined the man's injures and found that he had a concussion and other injuries.
    "We better take him to the ship to make sure he doesn?t have any other injuries." Don commented.
    "I think we should." John agreed, then turned to the boy, "We are going to take your master to our ship so that we can help him, ok."
    "Alright." the boy answered.
    John and Don hauled the man up and dragged him to the hatch.
    Obi-won quietly followed the two men that were carrying Qui-gon. He was worried but he controlled himself. But he hoped Qui-gon would be all right. Now he was wondering about the strangers. He sensed that they did not mean him or Qui-gon any harm, so he would have to trust them for now. The boy his age approached him.
    "Hi." said the boy.
    "Hello." Obi-won said.
    "I just want to introduce myself, my name's William Robinson, but you can call me Will. What is your name?" Will asked friendly.
    Obi-won thought about whether to tell the stranger or not, he didn't sense anything dangerous in answering.
    "My name's Obi-won Kenobi."
    "Cool name. If you're wondering who those two men are, the tall one is my dad, John Robinson and the other is Major Don West."
    "The man that I called my master is Qui-gon Jinn. I hope he'll be all right."
    "I am sure he will, we have a doctor on board our ship, but I think I should worn you that he is some what a coward and may be a little scared of you."
    "Why?"
    "Well, its hard to explain, but it's just that he does not like to be in contact with other beings well, besides humans from earth."
    "Earth?"
    "That?s where we came from. It's a planet in the Milky Way system."
    "I have never heard of it, but I still have a lot to learn. Does anyone else live on this planet?"
    "Not that we know of. We just kind of landed here to repair our ship so that we can keep looking for earth."
    "You're lost?"
    "We have been lost for five years now, but it has been pretty cool seeing all these weird stuff. But I hope we get back to earth soon."
    The boys fell silent as they walked behind the adults.
    "You said that guy is your master, how is he that?"
    "Well, he is my Jedi teacher, therefore he is my master."
    "What?s a Jedi?"
    Obi-won was puzzled, they didn't know what a Jedi was, that they must be way out there.
    "We are guardians of peace and defenders of the innocent."
    They talked the rest of the way back to the weather station.
    "What is that?" Obi-won asked as he motioned toward the weather indicator and the vehicle behind it.
    "That's our weather monitor and the chariot. The chariot is our mode of transportation."
    "Really, I haven't seen a vehicle that runs on wheels before."
    The adults climbed in and set Qui-gon in the back seat, Obi-won and Will climbed in the seats in front of him and soon they headed for the ship. When they got there, John and Don carried Qui-gon to an extra cabin on the ship and laid him in the bed. The others looked curiously at Obi-won as he watched the men checking Qui-gon once more. Will walked beside him and lead him toward the others.
    "He'll be alright, don't worry. Let me introduce you to the others."
    The group consisted of two women, one girl, and a droid.
    Will motioned to the older of the two women, "This is my mother, Maureen Robinson," he motioned to the second woman, "That is my older sister, Judy," he motioned to the girl, "That is my other sister, Penny," and then motioned to the droid, "And this is our robot, Robot. Guys, this is

5. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    I'm sorry, I'm sure you have some great ideas, but I just can't make myself enjoy a story on a Star Wars forum where basic terms and names integral to the entire series are consistently mispelled and improperly punctuated. For your future reference:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Padawan
    Qui-Gon Jinn

Your story has some great potential, but please, I beg you...reread through your story before you post it, to check for spelling and grammatical problems, or better yet, have a friend read through it. He/she may see things you might miss due to your intimate relationship to the story. I promise you, more people are likely to want to read a story that is correctly punctuated, spelled, and formatted nicely.

This is just a suggestion, not to be taken as a personal attack or anything. Good luck with the rest of this story, and future ones!

6. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Hi! Here is the next part.
    John turned around and was surprised to see that the man had regained consciousness. Qui-gon now had his arm wrapped around Doctor Smith's neck.
    "Let me go!" Smith yelled.
    "Not until you tell me where my padawan is." Qui-gon said.
    "Please let him go. Your padawan is safe, he is with my son now." John said.
    Qui-gon felt that the man was telling the truth, so he shut his lightsaber off and released the other man. Then he sat back on the bed, exhausted and his headache back with a vengeance.
    "I am John Robinson and this is Doctor Smith. If you don't mind, would you let Doctor Smith examine you?"
    "All right." Qui-gon said.
    "I'll go find my son and your padawan." John said then left.
    Smith cautiously approached Qui-gon and began to examine him. A few minutes later Obi-won and a young boy walked into the room.
    "Hello, Master. How do you feel?" Obi-won asked.
    "Fine, padawan. Who is your friend?"
    "This is Will Robinson. Will, this is my Master, Qui-gon Jinn."
    "Hello, sir." Will said.
    "Hello." Qui-gon replied.
    "Will was showing me around their ship. It is pretty amazing."
    "Really, maybe you should tell me about it later." Qui-gon said when he noticed that Doctor Smith was finished.
    "Well, what is the extent of my injuries?" Qui-gon asked.
    "They are minor except for your concussion. But all you need is a little rest and you'll be back on your feet in no time."
    "Thank you." Qui-gon said as Smith quickly left the room.
    "We better let you rest, master" Obi-won said.
    "Alright, Obi-won, I'll be fine in a few hours."
    Obi-won and Will left the room. Qui-gon lay down and began the healing trance.
    So what did you think?

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/3129/z95.gif
    Jedi Knight Neon Star*

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 04-29-2000).]

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Sorry, double post. redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 04-29-2000).]

8. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I really like this story. POST MORE!!!!

--Mr. P

9. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    This story rocks. I'am anxiously awaiting your next post.

10. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next post! Thanks for the comments.
    Obi-won and Will left the room that Qui-gon was resting in.
    "So now what do you want to see?" Will asked.
    "I don't know. Do you know much about this planet?" Obi-won asked
    "Not really, all we know is the atmosphere, weather conditions, and rotations of it."
    Just then Dr. Smith walked into the room.
    "Hello William, who is this?" he asked as he glanced at Obi-won.
    "Hi, Dr. Smith. This is Obi-won Kenobi. Obi-won, this is Dr. Smith."
    "It is a pleasure to meet you." Dr. Smith said with a shallow smile, then he turned to Will, "William, your father has asked me to do some work and I wanted to ask if you could help me. It'll give your friend the chance to see a little of this planet."
    "Alright, but I am not doing all the work."
    "Of course not, my dear boy. Now come along."
    Will shrugged and motioned Obi-won to follow him. They followed Dr. Smith out of the ship and a little way away from it. There were tall rocks jutting out of the ground and the place was bare of any form of planet life. There were shovels and some equipment stacked against one of the rocks. Dr. Smith and Will walked over to where the tools were and talked for a few minutes about what had to be done. Obi-won silently watched them and looked around. Just then he felt his danger sense go off. He looked up and saw a creature drop an object down on top of Will.
    "Look out!" he yelled as he pushed his friend away. The rock like object hit him in the neck and head. He lost consciousness.
    Dr. Smith panicked at seeing this and tried to run with Will besides him. Will pulled away.
    "We have to go back and save him!" he yelled.
    "No, It is too dangerous. Now come on!" he tried to grab Will again.
    "Forget it, I am going back."
    "Fine, I'll go get the others." Dr. Smith said as he kept running.
    Will sighed and ran back to his friend's side. There was a gash running from close to Obi-won's ear down to his cheek. He was still unconscious. Just then one of the creatures grabbed Will around the neck.
    "Let me go!" Will yelled as he fought to get away.
    More of the creatures came and picked Obi-won up. Then they carried the two boys off.
    Hope you like it.

11. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next part.
    Dr. Smith ran in pure terror back to the camp. When he got there he found the Robinson family, Major West, and Qui-gon Jinn sitting around the small table talking.
    "Help!" he yelled as he ran toward them.
    "What is it?" John asked as he and Qui-gon rose.
    "We were attacked by thousands of creatures! I tried to protect the boys but the creatures got them and ran off."
    "What!" Qui-gon yelled troubled as he felt that Dr. Smith was lying.
    "Tell the truth, Smith. Or I am going to hang your head on my wall." Dan said angrily.
    "That is the truth, I tell you. We must prepare for an attack."
    "Where did you leave them?" John said trying to control his anger.
    "I last saw them near the rocks."
    "I swear, Smith, why didn't you follow them?!" John yelled.
    "I didn't want to get caught."
    The three men looked at him in disgust then turned toward the others.
    "Maureen, we'll go after them. You stay here and see to everything. Dr. Smith will come with us." John said.
    "What! Indeed not sir, I will stay here and take care of your family. Besides my back is threaten to kill me." Smith said as he sat down in one of the seats.
    Qui-gon grabbed him by the collar and dragged him back up.
    "Stop acting like a stupid coward and lead us to where you abandoned them." Qui-gon threatened.
    "The nerve. I'll have you know, sir, that I am no coward. Follow me."
    With that they left.
    Don't you just hate Dr. Smith? mad.gif
    Anyway, what did you think?

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 05-02-2000).]

12. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I will post soon. I promise!

13. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Good. And doctor Smith is a good for nothing hutt.

14. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Nice description of Smith, padawam3! Here is the next.
    The creatures dragged the unconscious Jedi and the fighting boy to a cave. They rolled a stone out of the way of a small opening and put the two boys in there then put the stone back on top of it. Will went to his friend and checked him. He then tried to wake him. But to no avail. Will sat back and sighed. (What were they going to do now.) He thought.
    The four men trudged to the rocks. Qui-gon felt traces of his padawan's presence here put he could not track him. There was a dark spot on the ground in front of him. He stooped and picked a little of the dirt up and sniffed it. It was blood, and he suspected that from not being able to feel his padawan's presence, that it was Obi-wan's blood. With new determination he started out with the others to find the lost boys.
    I know it was a short post but I hope you like it.

15. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    I like the story so far, but there is one nit to pick; the '60s TV LiS supposedly took place in 1997, so Will would probably know Obi-Wan as he was in the OT; he wouldn't have seen the prequels and the EU was only up to the Corellian Tril. and the first cycle of YJK.
    Then again, an "alternate Earth" is quite possible; they were sending entire families into space but the NASA director had a dial phone on his desk! rolleyes.gif

If you're using the movie LiS, the Robinsons have probably seen the entire prequel trilogy.

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    If you want to know. I am using the old Lost in Space because I DO NOT like the movie. Lost in Space the serious came out in 1965 which was back when SW hadn't even been thought up yet. So I am using it as that SW the movies didn't exist. Anyway here is the next post and thanks for the comments.
    John was worried. He was worried for both the boys but more so for his son. Ever since he saw that blood on the ground he began to worry more and more. Well at least Smith isn?t with him to get them in more trouble. The Jedi Master walking beside him was as tensed as John himself felt. He still felt like punching Smith's lights out but kept himself in check. All of a sudden he heard a scream behind him. He turned swiftly around and saw that Smith had disappeared. He came closer to where Smith had disappeared and saw that Smith was down in a hole.
    "Smith, are you alright?" John yelled.
    "No, I am not alright, GET ME OUT OF Here!" Smith yelled back.
    "Leave him here. Will get him later." Don snarled.
    "No we can't leave him here. Give me some rope." John said.
    John lowered the rope and Smith grabbed it. The three men on top pulled the rope up with Smith. They finally got him out. Smith lay panting on the side of the hole.
    "Its about time! I think I broke my leg." Smith said angrily.
    John knelt and looked at it.
    "No, you just sprained your ankle." John said.
    "Lets get going." Don said.
    "Right, come on Smith." John said helping Smith up.
    "I will stay here thank you." Smith snarled.
    "Fine." John said as he walked away with the other men.
    Smith started to get scared and limped after them.
    "What for me!" he yelled.
    I hope you like it.

17. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Did this story lose all its readers or what?
    I hope you are reading. Here is the next part.
    Obi-wan woke up in a completely dark cave. (Where was he?!) He panicked as he search around. He saw Will approach him and relaxed slightly.
    "Are you ok?" Will asked.
    "I have a headache. But other than that, I feel ok. Where are we?" Obi-wan asked.
    "I don't know. The creatures dragged us here and put us in this hole. They rolled a stone on top and I don't think there is another way out."
    "Is the stone completely covering the hole?"
    "Yes, I think we'll run out of air if we don't get out of here."
    "Then we have to find our way out of here then."
    "Then lets start looking." Will said then they began searching the cave.
    I know it was short but I hope you like it.

18. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    We like it.
    We really like it.
    We really really like it.
    We really really really like it.
    We really really really really like it.

19. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Hello? Has the author of this fun fic left me hanging here? I don't mean to be impatient but it has been over two weeks and my arms are getting tired. Please post.

20. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I am very sorry about leaving you all hanging there. It's just that I have been writing another story and I have writers' block on this story. Could someone give me some ideas?

21. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I am sorry that I have not been posting on this story and I apoligize. Here is the next post.
    John and Qui-gon ran up the hill. Don was right behind them withDr. Smith limping behind. In front of them was a cave and the tracks led into it.
    "We better plan how we are going to get the boys out of there." Qui-gon said.
    "I have a plan." John said and he told them.
    Will slumped down onto a rock, Obi-wan did also. The air was becoming thin and they would run out of it soon.
    "Now what are we going to do, there is no way out of here." Will said.
    "I guess we hope that your father and my Master finds us before the air runs out." Obi-wan said.
    I know it was short but I hope you like it.

22. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Don't worry be happy. We like it.

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm operating on deadline here. I am really close to the time this film has to be completed, and am having lots of problems!

First, I have no program (I'm cheap -- Axogon only for editing) that will read from the MP2 video format. I can only bring in AVIs to Axogon. Therefore, I can't record to the more efficient MP2.

Second, when I capture AVIs (no FireWire or even DV camera -- not that lucky), the quality is deplorable! I have hardly seen worse footage on computer.

Third, when I try to load all 3000+ frames of this AVI into Axogon, it crashes every time I try to go to frame 58. Even if I break it up into smaller groups of frames -- say, 300 or so -- it STILL crashes on frame 58. Help me! I'm desperate! I have a very close deadline! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Darth Paul:
    1) What OS are you running?
    2) What is your capture codec and capture card (and capture program)?
    3) What video card do you have?
    4) Also post this question at the Axogon website. I'll help you all I can here, but it sounds like there may be something deeper going on that I might not be able to diagnose.
    -Lokmer

25. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I am sorry to keep you guys waiting. I will post soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.