main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Caterpillars (JA - Farscape crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Maelisaandii, Apr 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Assuming anyone knows what I'm talking about when I mention Farscape. heehee. If you do, hail and well met to you! If you don't, hail as well. And don't worry, you won't be confused. Very much. Ok. Now, onwards, and if you hate it, feel free to bash it constructively.

Eyes. Glowing eyes. Everywhere glowing eyes. Swirling and dipping, laughing maniacally. Fear consumed him, sapping his energy and leaving him weak. The eyes were taking it. Sucking down his fear like a starved predator.

Then the circle. Again, the same circle. A broken circle. Wait... that shouldn't be there. He was gone, never to reappear...

Flashing lightsabers - a searing pain in his spine as the eyes began to laugh...

Qui-Gon Jinn's eyes snapped open with a start. He was in bed. His bed, in the apartment he shared with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan, not Xanatos. The Jedi Temple, not... wherever that was. Irrationally enough, it looked like a warped version of the Temple...

Dreaming again. Sith.

Qui-Gon sighed. He hadn't gotten a decent nights sleep in three weeks because of that dream. Stupid dream.

Xanatos, WHY won't you go away??

Disengaging himself from the sheets took a minute, the frustration and tiredness made him a little slower than usual. He'd done a lot of tossing and turning this night. Obi-Wan was his apprentice now, not Xanatos. So why couldn't he forget the black-haired boy?

Because you trusted him. You overlooked his faults, Jinn, 'cuz he had so much promise. "I'll show the Council. I'm right about Xanatos, not them. Not Yoda." Weakness is frustrating, ain't it Jinn?

That's Master Jinn to you, he snapped at himself.

Maaaaster Jinn. Of course. You are SO funny, MASTER Jinn. This happened years ago, and you still can't forget! Faker, faker!!

The inner voice giggled and taunted him.

Hilarious. Shaking his head, he got dressed. There wasn't any use trying to get back to sleep. He gave up a week and a half ago.

Sith, I'm tired.

Interrupted sleep was worse than no sleep at all. A twinge of guilt crept up on him as he left his quarters to wander the Jedi Temple. It was way past curfew.

Come on. You're a Master now, Jinn, not some initiate in a growth spurt.

Still, he felt like Master Yoda would be waiting for him outside the door to smack him with his gimmer stick.

Back to bed you go, Padawan Jinn. Stand in the corner you must.

He wandered out into the gardens. This place was so full of living things... it always comforted him. He walked over to his favorite corner, trying to figure out why he'd been so tormented with dreams lately. It had been seven years since he'd last seen Xanatos. Obi-Wan was twenty years old now. Why should he remember now? Of all times, when he was going on a diplomatic mission with Ob-Wan in two days. He needed his rest. Sith with Xanatos.

The sun started to come out, casting its light on the plants surrounding the Jedi. He basked in their primitive joy at seeing the sun again. Life was so simple for them. Eat. Sleep. Bask in the sun. No dreams for caterpillars. It must have been his weariness, but he started to imagine his life had he been born a caterpillar. The thought made him chuckle.

"Up early you are, Qui-Gon Jinn," came a familiar, creaky voice.

"Master Yoda!" Qui-Gon started, glancing guiltily at the diminutive Jedi.

"Up past curfew, I think," the green Master continued, his face the epitome of solemnity, "Stand in the corner, you shall."

"Master?" he asked while calling to him with the Force. ~Master?~ There was something wrong.

Yoda snorted. "A joke I was making, Padawan. Take me too seriously you do."

Qui-Gon looked sheepish. "Yes, Master. Are you all right, Master?"

"Of course. Why not, would I be?"

"I don't know." He just seemed... well, different. His presence in the Force was odd.

"Now." The ancient Master thumped the ground with his stick. "Distracted you were. Sleep you could not, hmmm?"

"Yes, Master."

"Of your former Padawan you are thinking, yes?" Yoda punctuated ea

2. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Wow.

well, i don't know what Farscape is, so maybe that would explain the whole Yoda going poof thing, but i am definitely interested.

more please.

3. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    Farscape's a TV show on the Sci-Fi channel, one that I am hopelessly addicted to at this point. Without giving away the plot, yes there is something (or someone, hehehe) in that show that does explain Yoda going poof, but I'm not telling how. <eg> I'll post more tomorrow.

4. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    <Evil Grin>
    tee hee...I know who it is...this could be REALLY interesting...

-boris

5. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    Obi-Wan!!

Qui-Gon's mind reeled from the sudden separation. Where was Obi-Wan? Where was he, for that matter? He reached out to the Force to get his bearings... but it wasn?t there. There was only void. No, not quite. It was there, just extraordinarily far away and hard to reach. It left Qui-Gon feeling empty, hollow. It was something he?d never been prepared for, and it was a huge shock.

So this is what its like for non-Jedi.

Suddenly, Qui-Gon had a new appreciation for people who could not feel the Force daily. How empty they must feel! Of course, they didn?t know what they were missing like Qui-Gon did. To get his mind off of his loss, he tried to figure out where he was.

The landscape whirled and swirled before his eyes, escaping identification. It was like the Temple, but not, like a shifting painting. Dizzying, it made Qui-Gon mistrust his vision, and caused his head to ache. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to shut out the rush of color. But when he did, behind his eyes he could see that last sight... that Yoda. Snarling, with glowing yellow eyes. A shudder ran up and down the Jedi Master?s spine. Of all the horrible things he?d seen in his life, that... and only that, had completely terrified him. He moved slowly, like he?d been turned to stone.

Am I dead?

But he didn?t feel dead. And he was fairly sure the dead did not get headaches. There was no pain after death, as far as he knew. Of all the nasty tricks for the Force to pull. What is the purpose of death, if not to escape pain? No, he wasn?t dead. He was... somewhere. That he would have to work out later.

Suddenly, a realization hit Qui-Gon like a stab from a lightsaber. This shifting not-Temple, it was exactly the same as in his dream

Xanatos.

He was coming. The broken circle. Qui-Gon knew it, even though his reason told him in the most authoritative of terms that it could not be so. He could not keep the fear from creeping up on him, petrifying him. Reaching for his lightsaber, he only discovered that it was gone. Gone? Blue eyes widened... for soon the yellow would come.

Pull it together, Jinn. You?re a Jedi.

?Are you, now?? whispered a voice, so eerily like Yoda, yet so different. Had he heard anything at all? Was he even awake?

?Oh, yes, you?re awake,? came an all-too-familiar voice, ?Master.?

Xanatos.

I hope that wasn't too hard to understand. <insert iffy disclaimer here>

6. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    Very interesting. A little, no wait, a lot weird, but interesting. I can't wait for the next post.

7. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    Thanks! Weird is cool (nanu nanu)! heehee. I'll get the next part up soon.

Meanwhile, <shameless self-promotion> here's a link to my other fanfic, called "Freedom in Death"...
    Forum16/HTML/000118.html Forum16/HTML/000118.html
    </shameless self-promotion>

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I've never heard of Farscape, but I don't feel too awfully lost here yet. This is very fascinating, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

9. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    I don't know what Farscape is either.
    But I am really interested in this story!
    Please post some more!

10. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    Hi all~

I'm working on the next chapter (between loads of laundry, that is). I thought I'd post a link to Farscape's website, in case anyone wanted to figure out what I'm doing. <evil cackle>

http://www.scifi.com/farscape http://www.scifi.com/farscape

Thanks so much for all the comments! I'm tickled pink.

[This message has been edited by Maelisaandii (edited 04-29-2000).]

11. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm very intrigued by your title, Caterpillars. Also I love Farscape.

Thinks dreamily about the Jedi and Crighton (is that how you spell his name?) together

Cool, very cool. cool.gif cool.gif

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 04-29-2000).]

12. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Farscape and Star Wars together. My favorite scifi movie and my favorite show. Can we say bliss.

13. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    I knew I wasn't the only Farscape freak out there! <giggles>

HealerLeona, your post gave me a great (weird) idea! heehee, I'll use it later.

Obi-Wan sat disconsolately by the bed of his Master. Healer An-Paj had told him repeatedly that he could return to his quarters, but he wasn?t leaving his Master. Or his Master?s body. Qui-Gon was gone.

?Obi-Wan,? came the Healer?s voice again, ?Its getting late. You should go get some sleep.?

But the young man shook his head mutely.

He?s gone.

?He?s not gone,? said An-Paj again, ?He?s... he?s in a coma. Or something like that. His body?s still breathing. All his systems are working fine.?

Indeed, Obi-Wan watched Qui-Gon?s chest rise and fall rhythmically.

?He is gone,? Obi-Wan insisted, raising his head. There were tear tracks drying on his face. ?I can?t feel him anymore. I don?t know what happened, but Qui-Gon is not there.? He pointed at the body.

An-Paj stopped. He knew the bond between Master and Padawan was one of the closest in the galaxy. There had to be some truth to what Obi-Wan was saying. But how could that be? It was medically, scientifically impossible!

?Obi-Wan, I... I can?t explain what?s happened...? Those were the hardest words An-Paj had ever uttered in his life. He didn?t know what to do.

?Right the boy is.? Master Yoda entered the infirmiry. ?Here, Qui-Gon is not. His Master I was.? The rest didn?t need explaining.

?Master Yoda?? Obi-Wan looked warily at the short Jedi, pulling away from him slightly.

?I it is,? he said, reaching out to brush Obi-Wan?s mind with his own. Obi-Wan felt the ancient one?s sorrow and worry. This was Yoda.

?Oh, Master Yoda!? Obi-Wan cried, tears starting to flow again, ?He?s dead! I know he is! I watched him...?

?Shh, Padawan,? Yoda soothed him, but his own heart was torn at the sight of the hollow shell that was left of Qui-Gon. He put a hand on Obi-Wan?s knee.

?Alone we wish to be, An-Paj,? he said softly, but the healer had already gone. He?d seen the expression on Yoda?s face, and it disturbed him. Never had anyone seen the ancient Master looked so dejected. Sensing that they wished solitude, he left the minute Yoda came in.

?To big for me to hug you are, Obi-Wan,? said Yoda, a sad twinkle in his eye as he patted Obi-Wan's knee.

Obi-Wan stood up mechanically and got Yoda a chair.

?I?m so sorry, Master!?

?For what are you sorry, Padawan? Your fault it was not. Nothing you could do, save Qui-Gon you could not. Dead, Qui-Gon is not.?

?Then where is he? Why can?t I feel him??

?My Padawan he was,? Yoda repeated, ?A strong bond we have, stronger than you have I should think. Far away he is. Beyond even my reach, for now. But dead, no. His spirit is elsewhere.?

?But who could have done this, Master?? Obi-Wan contained his tears.

?This I know not. Go, please, Obi-Wan, some sleep you get. To be alone with my Padawan I wish.?

?Alright, Master.? Obi-Wan bowed and left, intending to return first thing in the morning.

Meanwhile, Yoda pulled his chair close to Qui-Gon?s bed and took the Jedi?s hand. Qui-Gon was grown up now, Yoda told himself. He marveled how much the boy (no, man now) had grown. Yoda remembered taking him from his family. Remembered visiting him in the crèche, and the delight in Qui-Gon?s eyes to see the little ?troll?. He only called Yoda that once.... Remembered watching him grow into the tall Jedi Master that he was now.

?Find you I shall, Padawan,? he whispered. And he would. When Yoda set his mind to something, in his own words, he would ?rest not until done it is?. So he sent his mind out through the Force, opening old pathways, finding the old bond that would lead him to Qui-Gon.

[This message has been edited by Maelisaandii (edited 04-29-2000).]

14. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, another awesome fanfic, Maelisaandii!! You REALLY have my interest captured here!! I have absolutely no idea what Farscape is but I'm lovin' it anyway!

15. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Farscape is a science fiction show on the scifi channel. It's on friday nights.

16. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    ~A-Paj!~

The Master Healer whirled away from his data console as Yoda's cry reached him.

Oh, Force... he sounds... panicked.

He didn't even bother to change out of his sleep tunic, just grabbed his robe and ran to the infirmiry. He put on bursts of speed with the Force, not really paying attention to where he was going. It was a good thing no one was up. Had it really been only a day since Qui-Gon had... disappeared? It seemed like much longer than that. An-Paj was weary, but still could find no explanation for Qui-Gon's strange state.

"Sith! What happened?!"

He stared at Qui-Gon, as Yoda busily staunched the flow of blood that was oozing from the prone Jedi's upper lip.

Blood?! What...?!!?

"What happened, Master? Did he hit himself?"

An-Paj grabbed a sterile pad and some antiseptic and cleaned Qui-Gon's lip.

"I know not." Yoda took off his bloodied outer robe and tossed it down the laundrey chute. "Appeared it did, from nowhere."

The two Jedi looked at each other in shocked frustration. Neither of them had the slightest idea how to explain this. Qui-Gon was fighting an invisible opponent, without moving. And loosing apparently, because another cut spontaneously opened above his eye...

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow! I really liked the way Yoda was concerned about Qui-Gon, too, and now the wounds appearing on the body even though Qui-Gon's spirit is somewhere far away is spooky!

More, more!

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow!! That is so weird (and cool!) Maelisaandii!! Poor Qui-Gon!! I kinda reminds me of "The Matrix".

19. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    hmm... yeah, it kinda does, doesn't it? <g> Thanks, Master Gimpy... and everyone else. Once again. I'm seriously brainstorming right now... have the next part up soon.

20. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    The blood oozed down his face, making his eyes sting. This wasn't the Xanatos he knew. The refined Xanatos, the boy who spent hours practicing his lightsaber technique. This was not the boy who wanted to be as good a fighter as his Master. This Xanatos didn't care about finesse, didn't care about showing his skill or anything else. His eyes were screaming with unspeakable hatred, matched only by the rage in his expression. This time, no taunts, no words, no plans. Xanatos would kill Qui-Gon, here and now. No escapes or chances.

And he didn't say a word.

Qui-Gon gasped from a hard blow to the stomach. At least Xanatos didn't seem to have his lightsaber. That was definitely good.

But he still had the advantage. After so many years, Qui-Gon still had trouble with the idea of hurting his apprentice. True, he had done so when necessary, but he had no desire to smash the scarred young man's face in. Xanatos, on the other hand, had no such qualms. He drove his foot into the older Jedi's stomach again, breaking Qui-Gon's balance and making his stumble. His hands closed on Qui-Gon's robe, catching him. And throwing him into another wall. Pain flowered across his skull.

It was kill or be killed now. Qui-Gon didn't want to die, so he accepted the inevitable. He would have to hurt Xanatos. Very badly. And when the boys foot sped toward his chest again, he was ready. He grabbed the foot and twisted around, throwing its owner brutally to the floor. His boot planted itself on the small of the boy's back.

"Give up, Xanatos. I don't want to kill you."

The boy strained to turn his head, the hate-filled expression melting away to reveal only confusion.

"Xanatos?" The voice was not Xanatos. Qui-Gon looked closer. The eyes... they weren't blue. They were brown.

He took his foot off, letting whoever-it-was roll over and sit up.

"Oh frell," said not-Xanatos.

This was getting more confusing by the minute. He couldn't understand what the person was saying... but he could. The words were unfamiliar, but he could hear his (actually, it sounded like a female) thoughts. Like telepathy. Without the Force.

"Who are you?"

It didn't answer, but looked up into the air at nothing.

"Maldis, you tralk!" it yelled, "This is not funny!! Let me see him!"

The image of Xanatos melted away, revealing a young, black haired woman. With what was promising to be a nasty welt above her eye. She eyed Qui-Gon suspiciously, silently... and then she began to laugh.

21. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Oh, how eerie! And well written. I really like how Qui-Gon still felt hesitant in hurting Xanatos (tho, the boy deserves it) but 'accepted the inevitable".

Well done, Maelisaandi

22. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow!! That was cool, even though I don't quite understand all that happened at the end there (I'm guessing it will be explained later) This story is SO interesting, Maelisaandii!!

23. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    This is too cool! I love "Farscape" and I love "Star Wars" !!!! I've never seen the two combined in a fanfic before! Please keep this story going...

24. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Heheheee! My dad's a Farscape nut so I've seen some of it... Am I the only one getting mental images of Qui-Gon and Zan?

Go Zan, go Zan, it's ya birthday, go Zan!

25. Maelisaandii

Feb 3, 2000
    Hiroko01 - ROFL! But as a rabid Farscape stickler, I must point out that is Zhaan. Interesting idea *bg*

HealerLeona and Master Gimpy - Thanks so much for the compliments! Coming from such talented authors, I'm very honored!

Queen Sabe - I figured no one had ever tried this before. Its a weird idea, I admit. But one does get those things while folding laundry. heehee

More coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.