main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Galaxy High (Yoda's Revenge)"__________reposted *Updated, sorta*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, something is smegged with the previous thread. I've been trying to post all night, but it won't give me a subject or body box when I go to post, and then I get an error message saying I can't post unless I have a subject box. :mad:

So, basially, I'm screwed. Here's the link the the previous thread: First thread that Darth Server smegged

Now, on with the story!

======@====@====@======

?What?s taking him so long?? Sifa wondered, a bored, irritated tone in her voice. She rolled her black mop of a head towards the closed door and scrunched her nose. ?They only asked me, like, two questions!?

?Maybe they wanted to know his medical record,? Ane suggested.

Both girls had been lounging in the chairs, and as they glanced towards the Padawan, they discovered the tall apprentice to be snooping through the filming equipment. ?Ane Oligi!? Sifa scolded, jumping to her feet. ?You?re going to break something!?

Ane didn?t even turn to Sifa, but opened the exposure cartridge and was studying the contents. ?There isn?t any film in here.?

Cali snorted and slouched even lower in her chair. ?You guys are definitely living in the dark ages. We don?t use film anymore. It?s all digital. Decades ago.?

Ane didn?t answer and he kept his head turned away, hoping they wouldn?t see his reddening cheeks. ?Then why the film stuff??

Cali shrugged. ?I dunno. Maybe it?s decoration or a stage prop.?

?Maybe.? Ane shoved his hands into his pockets and wandered over to a blank monitor. Sifa sighed and trailed after him, muttering about having to pick up after children.

Cali tilted her head back and closed her eyes. Bloody, what was keeping Obi-Wan so long? She was tired and hungry, and just wanted to sleep the next six weeks away. Who would have thought that a trip to the Jedi Temple would result in getting her a slot on some teen show? Obi-Wan had tried to encourage her to enjoy their time together, but she was having a hard time being optimistic with all the warnings of danger ahead. Then again, he had a fairly legitimate argument. She had been, too say the least, unenthused when she?d first arrived at the Temple, and now she didn?t even want to think about when she would have to return home. Who would have imagined that the stoic Jedi could actually have some pretty whacked ideas about life? And that they could be so much fun?

So deep in thought was she that she didn?t notice when someone approached. It wasn?t until there was a soft cough that she opened her eyes and became aware of her surroundings.

Blinking in confusion, she realized that Sifa and Ane were lost somewhere within the temporary sets, and Obi-Wan was still being interrogated. There was another cough and she snapped her head to the right, finally noticing the tall, lazy figure leaning against the closest set.

There wasn?t a female on the planet that wouldn?t be caught off-guard or rendered into a stupor when first casting eyes on Marlett Sommers. It was this effect that had caused Marlett to rocket to the top of any ?Sexiest Man? or ?The Guy We Most Love? list on any media publication or HoloNet poll. More likely than not, it was his face that decorated a girl?s bedroom wall, or found its place in a private diary or journal. He was drooled on by the women and envied by the boys.

Sommers could have been a manufactured model for ?the perfect guy?. The longish, blonde hair fell across blue-green eyes and when he smiled rakishly, little dimples appeared in his cheeks. Straight, white teeth and a perfect complexion only added to his already breathtaking looks. His voice was smooth and cool, and he could turn from relaxed and humorous to stormy and pouty in the blink of an eye.

Or so Cali had read.

Cali prided herself in not being impressed with appearances or displays of manliness, but even now she had to take a moment to collect herself.

Marlett smiled and casually brushed a few stray bangs from his eyes. ?I don?t believe

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Grrr...I thought we left the smeg behind on the UBB!! Anyway...

That was great :) I loved Cali's thoughts about having taken on Master Yoda and how she could withstand anything after that ;) And how Obi-Wan could wipe the floor with Marlett(sp?!) if he wanted to. GO OBI! Sifa and Ane crack me up as well...always into no good!

aa :)

3. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    A. what does smeg mean?
    B. I'm very glad I learned this was moved. What would I have done without the other thread updating. I would have been left in the middle of a story.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *crosses fingers and does some Force chants*

Good, people found this :D

You're going to find that a lot of my characters are going to actually have 'font names' as their last names, but Marlett's is his first. So I had a lack of inspiration one night and cheated! [face_blush]

Smeg is a term for screwed, messed-up, whacked, idiot . . . anything not good :p

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I found it! Great post!

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    how i love the liberal use of the word "smeg"!

Sorry you had to start another thread Amidolee! But that post was hilarious! yes, Obi-Wan could wipe the floor with stupid, dimpled, cocky, bang-falling idiot boy!

7. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    I want to know what Sifa and Ane broke too! lol!
    heehee! Cali just keeps getting more and more ammunition in which to twist Obi-wan around her finger. Ane was right about her. :D
    So you are naming characters after font names??!! [face_laugh]

This 'no subject' problem could be a serious glich in the system and the mods need to know about it. Darthcleo is on vacation, so you should PM zerosleep instead or send an email to jc-admins@theforce.net about it.

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yeah, I went to the "Help" section about it, but there was no contact link or anything. SO I'll go pester the admin [face_devil]

Anyway. There was a bomb threat in our school today. How nice. Yesterday, there was an anonymous newsletter that was circulating around stating how our principal was the next Hilter. (There is some evidence to this. He always gives the German salute and looks like Hitler, and he's a lil dictator). But it seems now that it was a freshman boy who didn't have his English project done :mad: So, that incident seems coincidental.

I'll try to get another post up soon, okay? And know what? Everyone was talking about how we would now make the news and all that, but that darned ol'Prez has to come into town and take the spotlight. Sheesh. :p

9. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yep, time to pester the admins... heehee

Bomb threats to schools don't get much in the way of headlines where I live anymore. For almost the entire school year of 98-99 a group of teens worked together to keep making anonymous bomb threat calls to get out of school about every two weeks. (only that school got the calls) And they were so good at covering their tracks, they weren't finally caught until almost the end of the school year! It was very irritating because they'd bus the whole highschool to my college and put all the teenagers in the gym and running track area.

So, is there going to be a new post tonight? :D

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm going to try and write the post now.

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This post was going to be longer, but it's taking forever to write and I'm getting kicked off anyway, so here it is. The 2nd part will be tomorrow.

======@====@====@======

Despite the luxury and glamour of the academy, Cali had still half-expected the cafeteria to be as normal and loud as any other cafeteria in any school she?d been to. The Temple?s cafeteria was a shade quieter and more crowded, but it still resembled a cafeteria. The academy, however, stayed true to first appearances and its cafeteria was more of a restaurant or dining hall. It was large and bright enough to possibly be considered a cafeteria, but there was an elegant carpet, private tables, waiters, and a buffet.

The buffet was large and held a large number of assorted foods from many cultures, but if one wished for something different, they merely called a waiter and had their meal exclusively prepared. Cali and the Jedi opted for the extravagant buffet.

?Sifa!? a familiar female voice called.

The black-haired girl turned and grinned. ?Tobi!?

?Sit over here!? the petite actress waved, motioning to the table that seated six. Another girl was eating a salad.

?we will!? Sifa didn?t even glance over her shoulder to see if the others were following.

Cali rolled her eyes at Obi-Wan. ?Our neighbor and Sifa?s lost twin.?

?I thought that was me,? Ane said lightly.

Sifa had already seated herself beside Tobi when the others found their places. Tobi turned and grinned at Cali. ?This is Moní,? she said, motioning to the girl beside her. Moní Wynna was a tall, willowy humanoid female with mottled skin and white, wavy hair that was pulled back into a loose braid. She had dark gray eyes that were shaped in an oval, almost exotic form. ?Moní, our neighbors, Sifa and Cali. They?re on the show, too!?

Moní smiled. ?Hi. I hope Tobi hasn?t offended any of you yet.? She glanced at the male Padawans. ?And you are??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Ane.?

Tobi smacked her forehead. ?Oh! I?m so spacey! Wow! You?re new, too, aren?t you??

?Yes,? Obi-Wan said. ?We?re with Cali and Sifa.?

Tobi?s eyebrows arched with interest. ?Oh, *really*??

Cali smiled slightly. ?Obi-Wan and I are, yes, but Ane and Sifa aren?t.?

?Oh! Great! That?s so cool!? Tobi set down her fork and clapped her hands together, eyes riveted on Sifa. ?Guess who?s going to be on our cast??

?I have no clue.?

?Marlett Sommers is going to be here!? Tobi squealed.

?Who?s that?? Sifa asked.

At the astonished stares from the two actresses, she knew she?d said the wrong thing. Cali nudged her with her elbow. ?You know that guy I was talking to in the studio?? Sifa nodded. ?*That* is Marlett Sommers.?

Sifa?s bright green eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. ?Omigosh! You are SO lucky that he was talking to you! He?s gorgeous! If he talked to me I wouldn?t be able to contain myself! How on all of Coruscant did you manage not to turn into warm goo??

Cali let the girl continue on, trying not to laugh at Sifa?s testimony. A quick glance at Obi-Wan revealed that the Padawan was less than pleased with the praise. She smiled and patted his knee. ?I thought him dull, Piggy. Don?t worry about it!?

Obi-Wan gave her a rueful shrug. ?Do I look that bothered??

?Yes.? She dropped a kiss on his cheek. He smiled and looked a bit more relaxed.

Obi-Wan wasn?t really in the mood to hear Sifa?s rating of Mr. Sommers, so he turned to Ane. ?What did you break??

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ======@====@====@======

Ane shoveled several morsels of food into his mouth before even glancing at the inquiring gazes. He would like to have avoided the question altogether, but with Obi-Wan?s focus and Cali?s usual curiosity, he was toast. At least he could put some of the blame of Sifa. If that blasted girl hadn?t been lecturing him and telling him not to snoop, none of it would have ever happened.

?Well,? he said after taking a slow drink. ?Um, it?s nothing really important, I don?t think.?

?You don?t think?? Obi-Wan prodded.

?It didn?t break! Just fell over, sort of.?

Cali?s gaze narrowed. ?Fell over? Sort of.?

?Yes, that?s what I said!? Ane shot her a withering look before glaring at Sifa. ?And it was *her* fault.?

?Was not!? Sifa protested, a hand flying to her chest in mock innocence. ?It?s not *my* fault that you?re still double left-footed and don?t watch where you?re going!?

Tobi and Moní?s eyes bounced back and forth between the two Jedi, as if watching a slamball match. Ane kicked Sifa?s shins from under the table, earning a powerful retort and a nasty glare. Force, she was exasperating! ?I wasn?t hurting anyone or anything until you have to lay it in to me.?

?You were messing with things that you don?t even know about!?

?You didn?t know what they were, either!? Ane exclaimed, slamming his fork down.

Obi-Wan pressed his lips together. He was torn between watching a battle coming on or trying to stop a fight before the two wound up mortal enemies. He grimaced at the memory of a particularly nasty fight years ago. The two hadn?t spoken to each other for weeks, and everyone else had been put on the spot.

?So, what was it that fell over?? he interrupted, drawing all eyes to him. Cali looked slightly disappointed when the simmering of the air faded to embarrassment.

Ane?s cheeks reddened, then he shrugged. ?I don?t know what I was. Sifa backed me into it. It was like a cubicle or something, a small room. I backed up into it, and it, er, um, collapsed.?

Sifa nodded. ?There was a star on the door. And I think there was some stuff inside. I heard something shatter.?

?You did not!? Ane growled.

?Yes, I did! Sounded expensive, too. Maybe glass or something.? Sifa frowned. ?There was someone?s name on the star, too. A Saasha Tahoma? That name sounds familiar . . .? she paused and stared at Tobi and Moní, who were turning red and snickering. ?What??

?Y?you destroyed Ms. Tahoma Superstar?s dressing room! If she finds out it was you who broke her glass unicorn model from Vortex, she?ll slice you to little pieces with her nails!?

======@====@====@======

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, I'm writing the next post, which will be the boys' first experience with coed locker rooms . . . if you all beg :p

14. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good posts.

15. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    :_| I'm begging!!!!!
    :D
    Haha! They must now be careful, otherwise Sifa and Ane will be that snobby girl's life-long enemy. (not that that would be a *bad* thing, the Jedi would win!) ;)

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yeeps, this post is getting massive! I'm *still* not done writing it.

Oh, yeah, posting might not be too consistent this weekend since I'll be at my dad's where they have a very cruddy net connection.

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ======@====@====@======

Merely a few hours later, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ane Oligi?two accomplished junior Padawans that had fought against death and pain?found themselves standing nervously outside their floor?s communal refreshers and showers. Their cleansing products were shouldered in their satchels, and several others entered and left, but the Jedi could not make their feet move.

?What do you suppose it?s like in there?? Obi-Wan whispered, unable to keep the tense tremor from his accent.

?Steamy, with lots of half-naked women . . .?

?An-ne,? Obi-Wan moaned, managing to stretch his friend?s name into two syllables. ?I could be walking to my death here. If I so as much as *look* at another girl and Cali finds out, I?m deader than a Sith.?

Ane cocked his head to the side. ?I wonder if there are separate changing rooms, or if everyone just strips in the same room??

?I?m going to tell Jane,? Obi-Wan declared fiercely. ?I?m going to call her as soon as I get back to my room and tell her that you?re picturing other women in the nude!?

?And I?ll tell Cali . . . something . . .? Ane?s brow furrowed in concentration. Then he brightened and smiled. ?Hey, I dare you to go in first!?

?We?re not kids anymore,? Obi-Wan sniffed, raising his chin defiantly.

?I double dare you!?

Obi-Wan merely smirked and crossed his arms, leaning against the door. ?Oh, I?m really scared, Ane. Not the *double* dare!?

//He?s leaning against the door, and if someone opens it . . .// Ane?s eyes lit up and he used his Jedi calm to keep from leaping and squealing in delight. This would show Obi to try and better him! //Just keep him talking all smug and mighty// Ane placed an irritated frown on his face. ?Come *on*, Obi-Wan! This is a chance to live a little! You?re too uptight!?

?I am *not* uptight! I?m just no going to be tricked into some stupid dare.?

?You have to bathe.?

?I know that!?

?Then there is no way out!?

Obi-Wan was silent. Then he flicked his braid over his shoulder. ?I?ll just go later in the night, or early in the morning. *You* have to go first.?

Ane sensed the approaching girls from the other side and he hid his gleeful grin. ?Oh, I think you?ll be first.?

?Hardly! You have to be taught a lesson, Ane. Our silly bets are??

The door opened and Obi-Wan toppled backwards, knocking the two girls down and stumbling as he caught himself from falling on top of them. The Padawan managed to avoid body-slamming the startled girls, and he stood up with little dignity, turning seething eyes on Ane, who was convulsing with laughter. ?You?re dead,? he merely stated. Then Obi-Wan turned to the two girls who were sprawled out on the tiled floor. The Rodian looked stunned and the human girl merely giggled. //Wonderful// ?Um, sorry. Let me help you,? he mumbled offering a hand.

The girls were still giggling when they left.

Obi-Wan turned and got his first look of the showers. He was in a large, locker-like room that had two benches running the full length of the rectangular chamber. On one side was a long row of separate shower stalls that had small, coded lockers in-between each stall. An in-use indicator light glowed overhead, and there was the faint hiss of the sonic showers. The farthest wall contained several mirrors and sinks, where there was a fairly large line-up of adolescent females going through their nightly rituals. The wall opposite of the showers was a row of separate stalls for waste disposal, each equipped with indicator lights.

A shower stall opened and a female Bith strode out, a towel thrown around her neck, fully clad in her nightwear.

?Okay, so maybe it isn?t so bad,? Ane murmured, setting his satchel down on the end of the bench. He looked a bit disappointed and Obi-Wan could only shake his head.

?Are any of the showers free?? Obi-Wan wondered, his eyes sweeping over the twenty-five showers. He saw a light go green and hurried over, dodging a small Sullustan in the process.

The door hissed open and wisps of steam rolled out.

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Heehee! That's too hilarious, Sifa and Ane breaking the snob's room down :) Yeah, I can see the snot trying to take on the Jedi...fool girl [face_devil]

19. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    LOL! Those poor guys. And that was a great trick Ane pulled. And I loved how nonchalant Sifa and Cali were. heehee :D
    Argg! Sithly uncertain internet connections are a pill! I the 'net at your Dad's isn't too horrific! This story is starting out so good!

20. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ane..hee, hee! He's so evil! gotta love Obi-Wan's attempt at trying to maintain his dignity. Wonderful Amidolee!!

21. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Yeah, see this always happens to me! I post at the same time you post! Well...

The whole locker-room scene was perfect :) And Obi-Wan falling when the door opened heehee...typical Obi! Nice to see that Sifa's found someone to occupy her time!

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I have the next post ready for tonight, but it's not with me at the school, so I'll get it up sometime probably late tonight! :)

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Four
    ?Action!?

There was an insistent beeping penetrating the delicious layers of sleep. Sifa Baladeen groaned and rolled over, keeping her eyes closed as she pawed around her for the source of the obnoxious noise. Where was that blasted alarm anyway?

One thing that Sifa prided herself in was her ability to know precisely where she was and everything previous in the smallest of detail. Once, this had disturbed her, but she had learned to deal with her near-perfect memory, even purposely trying to make herself confused to throw others off. It seemed to work effectively enough, and no one would think twice if she ?forgot? something.

Sifa finally found the small button along the headboard. Silence descended upon the room, only Cali?s steady breathing interrupting the calm of the morning. Sifa slowly opened her eyes, gazing around the dark room. There was a soft flashing on the message console, and she wondered briefly if perhaps Robine might have left her a message. She smiled slightly as she looked up at the ceiling.

It had only been her clumsy self that had managed to scatter all of her shower supplies across the room. Robine had stopped to help her pick everything up, smiling shyly before turning away. Sifa immediately sympathized with him. She had once been horribly shy and it had taken the shameless Ane and his sidekick in the arts of practical jokes to get her to creep out of her shell. Sifa had set herself out on a personal mission to bring every shy person out into a buoyant, jubilant person.

She wondered how her record was.

Robine wasn?t exactly the type of guy Sifa tended to swoon over. He was heart-stopping dashing like Alex Arieh, nor devastatingly gorgeous like Marlett Sommers. He wasn?t even irresistible like Obi-Wan, nor drool-worthy like Ane. He wasn?t ugly or anything, and she liked how his cheeks dimpled when he tried so hard not to blush. Robine couldn?t have been more ordinary with a light dusting of freckles and brown eyes with a mop of curly, ash blonde hair. He was also a good inch shorter than her, but Sifa didn?t really care quite so much about physical attributes (despite many beliefs) when she was on a mission.

She had gotten Robine to talk a little, but it had taken a little coaxing. Sifa hoped that she hadn?t intimidated him too much, but some people needed intimidation. At least, that?s what Ane used to preach. Not that Ane was exactly licensed to supply advice. Still, he *had* helped.

Sifa smiled. Robine was seventeen and sent to the academy by his actor parents. She sensed that he wasn?t too thrilled about it, but he admitted to being fascinated with the editing process, and one of the executive editors was taking him on as a personal assistant. Robine?s brown eyes had practically glowed when he proudly explained how students hardly ever were taken on personally. Sifa had praised him openly, and Robine had said good-bye with a smile.

She would have to memorize his schedule.

Sifa glanced at the flashing message light and pulled herself out of bed. Cali stirred but remained blissfully unconscious. Sifa smiled slightly, if not wryly. Cali hadn?t come back from ?seeing Obi-Wan?s room? until fairly late. Sifa wasn?t one fond of Temple rules, but she hoped silently for her friends? sake that they had behaved themselves. She could hardly imagine Obi-Wan breaking the rules to such an extent.

?Good morning,? the console greeted with false cheerfulness. ?There is one urgent message from the receptionist.?

Frowning, Sifa twisted a few strands of hair as she waited for the message to appear. Then her eyebrows shot up with surprise.

~*~Coruscant Academy of Arts~*~

To: Residents Sifa Baladeen, Cali-Ana Angli

As listed on your previously received bulletin and pamphlet, you are scheduled for a wardrobe purchasing trip until the hour following noon, where you will meet with your cast and director.

Each resident of the CAA has a purchasing account. Your account card and number ID are listed in the enclosure.

Your

24. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Oh dear...Cali, Sifa, Ane and Obi + tons of money + shopping = oh, I can't wait to find out! :)

What I wouldn't give to be in that position *sigh* :)

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ohhhh....the padawans get a shopping day! This should be fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.