main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ROTS/Clone Wars AU fic: Sightless - PG, (Dooku, Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_artorius, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_artorius

jedi_artorius Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Everyone can blame charmisjess and athenaleigh for this story as they are my Dooku-writing encourager and Master respectively. Master Jess turned me to the Dookside and the bunnies started gnawing as they do and this story came out of something it originally wasn't intended to be. But I like where it's going. I was hesitent on posting this here, but I figured since you are a group of Star Wars geeks that it might be read here, other than just being read by about two people. Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Title: Sightless
    Rating: PG
    Author: jedi_artorius
    Summary: Two men, one Jedi, one Sith (or is he..?). Both of them blind in some way, and must help each other to see. Very AU warning. no slash.
    Author's last notes: *cowers* ahhh..don't eat me
    thoughts/dreams
    <<transmissions>>

Sightless

Part 1

The dark was cut by the glow of blue and red. Above Obi-Wan?s head, Dooku?s sabre swung, barely missing him. He could smell the burnt air as he blocked another blow. Obi-Wan grit his teeth, trying to fight the force of Dooku?s sabre when the blades locked.

The older man smiled tauntingly, ?You are foolish to fight me alone, Master Kenobi.?

?You are foolish to come out from hiding in your little fox hole,? Obi-Wan replied in a similar tone, not at all distracted from the battle at hand.

?I would have thought you would have learned after you could not defeat me the first time,? Dooku said smoothly, trying to bait the young Jedi more. It had been Sidious? plan, Dooku would not opt to slay his former padawan?s student of his own will.

There was no light in the cave, save the crimson and azure blades casting a glow on their faces. Obi-Wan didn?t reply right away, instead concentrating on blocking the fury of attacks of the form II master. It took much of his concentration to do so and as soon as he found an opening, Kenobi twirled his sabre and made his attack, again locking them in a battle of strength. ?Perhaps my Padawan is not the only slow learner, Dooku,? he shot back, ?You will not get away this time.?

Dooku half smiled in amusement at the typical Jedi line. So predictable. He would admit that Obi-Wan was a good swordsman, however his skill couldn?t match that of the Sith lord. With a flick of his wrist, he caught the Jedi off guard and cut down his forearm with the tip of his lightsabre.

Obi-Wan hissed in pain and drew back, making Dooku grin when he changed his defenses to his other hand, letting the wounded one hand loose.

?On the contrary,? the fallen Jedi smiled confidently, ?Perhaps you should re-think your defenses.?

Obi-Wan blocked another blow easily but he was distracted when Dooku used the Force to throw a rock from the depths of the dark cave. He felt it coming from behind and whirled around to cut it down before it hit him. Just as Obi-Wan?s lightsabre cut the rock in half, Dooku had his chance in a split second. There was hesitation. He could nearly hear Qui-Gon?s voice asking him to spare the Jedi?s life and let him go. But Dooku could not disobey his own master. Against his better wishes, he thrust his sabre forward.

Because of the hesitation, Obi-Wan was again turning to face his opponent when he felt the danger, but he was not fast enough. Dooku?s red blade missed the most deadly mark, instead plunged into the right side of Obi-Wan?s back and went up through his shoulder. He froze even before the wave of pain lit up the cave. The sabre was withdrawn; Obi-Wan stumbled forward but turned and kept his guard up.

Dooku noted Obi-Wan?s bravery and persistence, especially in a battle he was lured into. ?I am honoured with your desire to proceed, but you are beaten, General Kenobi,? he lowered his sabre, but not his defense, ?It is useless to continue now.?

?This is not a simple training exercise and you will find that it will take much more to defeat me.? Obi-Wan gripped his sabre until his knuckles turned white as inwardly he concentrating on sending his pain into the Force, ignoring how much it was hurting just to breathe.

With

2. windu-the-warrior

windu-the-warrior Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Hmm i'm amazed no one else replied this is good stuff...is obi-wan gonna rejoin the order..or is he gonna go what the heck.,.if my padawan can have a chick..the so the hell can i, and then goes and courts sabe or Siri or someone else!! please say he does both...in secresy...

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooooh this is good. Lovely start, I look forward to more.

4. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

nice story

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! [face_dancing] Another Dooku story! [face_blush] Well of course it has Obi in it as well!

Great start! :D Glad to see he did spare Obi's life.

Awesome job on the Count too! Can't wait to see where this goes! Please PM me when you have updates! [face_blush] I've got so many that I'm following that I'm afraid I'd let this one slip on accident as I think I might have let a few do in the past before I caught back up with them.

Excellent job! :D

6. jedi_artorius

Oct 29, 2004
    windu-the-warrior - lol, I don't know about any relationships for Obi-Wan in this story, sorry, but coming back to the Order will be...questionable. Of course at the moment, it might be a little difficult for him, evatunally he'll go back, but the question is can he stay? Thanks for reviewing :D

Healer_Leona - Oh, thankee muchly, glad you like it!

sdhfs - Thankee :D

Kynstar - Thank you so much. This is my first time writing Dooku, though I've always kinda liked him. charmisjess still turned me to the Dookside. I hope you like the rest of the story!

Part 2

Anakin Skywalker jumped out of the cockpit of his starfighter in the hanger of the Republic base on the planet Zerion. Several clone troopers ran over to refuel and take care of the ship; they acknowledged him with a chorus of ?Welcome back Commander Skywalker.? The young Jedi Padawan nodded to them simply before walking to look around the hanger for his master.

Strange, he thought ? he could not see Obi-Wan around at the command centre where he would normally be, not to mention told Anakin he?d meet him at the end of the day?s battle, but he could not feel the older Jedi?s presence nearby.

?Trooper,? Anakin called, moving over to the familiar clone commander that his master always used.

?Commander Skywalker,? Cody replied with a quick salute.

?Where is General Kenobi??

The commander shook his head. ?He hasn?t come back from the field yet, sir.?

Anakin sighed; it was very unlike Obi-Wan to be late to anything, not to mention a meeting he had called for several hours ago himself. ?Where was he last?? he asked, glancing over at the sensor station, ?Have you tracked any other ships taking off??

Cody also followed the Padawan?s gaze for a moment, ?Near the edge of the battle.? Walking over to the holographic map, he pointed, ?Here. I?ll check on the ship logs for you, sir.?

The Padawan narrowed his eyes for a moment at the point on the holographic map and nodded before turning away to find a speeder. ?Contact me on my comlink if you find anything,? he called back over his shoulder to Cody.

?Yes sir,? the clone commander replied before obediently getting to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The scorched grasslands, physically marked with the scars of battle, were nothing Anakin had never seen before. The droids had long retreated and a few clone troops remained at the edge of the field, but most of them had pushed ahead to pursue the Separatist army. Anakin didn?t pay much attention to them, nor what was left of the battle, but he did take note of it in his mind as he flew by on the military speeder.

There was an outcropping of rocks a mile from the battlefield, where Obi-Wan had last been seen. As Anakin drew closer, he stretched out with the Force. Nothing, no familiar presence of his Master. He stopped the speeder and jumped off, walking into the rocky maze on foot.

It had remained untouched by the droids or clones during the battle, and it almost seemed as if Obi-Wan hadn?t been here either. But soon he saw traces of footprints, two sets of them. They led to a cave. Anakin stepped inside and his mechanical hand twitched at the familiar presence that had been here. Count Dooku.

The Padawan swallowed hard in slight fear as he looked around the cave. There were burn marks in the walls, and towards the back he could just barely see a rock that had been cut in two by a lightsabre. The cave wall near by carried the marks made by Sith lightning, not to mention the burnt electrical smell that still lingered. But Obi-Wan was not here, and Anakin still couldn?t sense him.

He walked to the back of the cave and bent down to pick up his Master?s lightsabre. Obi-Wan would never leave his weapon like this after so many times of getting after Anakin about things like this. With a sigh, he picked up his comlink. ?Commander, anything yet??

<<Nothing yet, sir.>>

?All right? While you?re looking, check for Count Dooku?s ship, i

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh...Anakin's gonna be on the warpath if he finds out where Dooku took Obi!

Poor Dooku :( Loved how you had Qui appear and talk with him! [face_love] Mark his words well, Count! :D

Great job :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Now this is an interesting AU! Bravo! =D= I'll have to make sure I check for updates on this one!

9. jedi_artorius

Oct 29, 2004
    Kynstar - haha, yeah, Ani's going to have an Anifit. And good ol' Qui, I couldn't leave him out, now could I? But, it's still hard to say if Dook is going to listen to him. We'll see.

VaderLVR64 - Oh, thank you. I don't normally do AU...nor do I normally do Dooku. So maybe this is just a "first time" story all around. I'm glad you like it though.

You guys get a quick update this time lol, hopefully the rest can be fast too.

Part 3

He was unaware of how much time had passed when he awoke again. In fact, it took Obi-Wan Kenobi a long few moments to remember what had happened.

Dooku, he thought as he opened his eyes. Just as before, there was nothing but darkness. He was weak, he knew that, and it reflected in his senses. Obi-Wan couldn't concentrate well enough to determine what the room looked like or where he was. But he could still hear the beeping of machinery...medical machinery. That's right, his shoulder. Though as far as he could tell, Dooku was not near; and he wasn't even tied down - though when he thought on the matter, escape didn't seem to be a likely option just now.

Slowly he took a deep breath, trying to assess the damage done to his body. Almost immediately, agonizing pain flared up and he started coughing again - like he had the first time he woke up, whenever that was. Obi-Wan tried to calm down, but every breath caused pain. Something was wrong, he thought in vain, he couldn't breathe. There was a metallic taste in his mouth...blood.

A droid's mechanical sounding voicebox said something to him, though he wasn't concentrating on listening to what it said or replying for that matter. Obi-Wan was a little pre-occupied at the moment. A soft plastic breathing mask was placed over his mouth and nose before the droid injected something into his arm. It must have been a pain reliever or a sedative, he concluded after a moment when the pain started to subside enough for him to be able to breathe normally again. Or both.

Oxygen and something else he sensed were being pumped into the mask. It helped him to relax again, and Obi-Wan almost fell back to sleep before he heard footsteps coming.

"I'm not sure if you are more difficult to kill or keep alive, General Kenobi," Count Dooku said from beside him.

It took him a moment to gather the strength to speak. "It depends how much you are trying to hinder the process," Obi-Wan replied.

"I assure you, I have not interfered-" Dooku paused. He nearly apologized, but the words died in his throat and he couldn't.

Obi-Wan narrowed his sightless eyes slightly, sensing that there was something unsaid. "Why are you doing this, Dooku?" he asked softly, his voice still muffled by the oxygen mask.

The Count of Serenno sighed silently, "It was not your time to die."

"Except that you certainly tried to make it."

He knew this would happen, and Dooku could hear the mistrust in Kenobi's voice. In the Jedi's position, who would feel differently? He expected it, yet still it hurt. "I did not wish it so, child," Dooku replied after a moment, "I am not all that you think I am. He paused awkward and then sighed again. "I am sorry."

"Sorry?" Obi-Wan questioned tiredly, "I never thought I would hear you say that. When you have me where you want me, could kill me at any moment - and almost did. You're sorry?"

Dooku sat down in the chair next to the medical bed, "Yes, I am sorry. I know you do not trust me, and you have no reason to. But you must understand how hard it is for me to apologize. If that at all is proof of my intentions... Your Master also of course stepped in, as he always does concerning you."

Obi-Wan blinked, surprised, not expecting what he heard especially the last part. "Qui-Gon?"

It had been a long time since the Count laughed softly, and he nodded, though he knew the Jedi couldn't see him. "Yes, Qui-Gon. When you are stronger, you can speak with him too."

The younger man started to say something but felt too exhausted to continue suddenly. He inwardly cursed his weak state, since he vaguely recal

10. windu-the-warrior

windu-the-warrior Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    please more of this....but make anakin get obi-wan's eyes back...or even Qui-gon..please don't leave him blind..

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oh, wow!=D= What an interesting story! I really enjoyed it, and look forward to more!:D Could you please PM me when you update?

Ani-maniac

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Excellent work once more! :D Poor Obi :(

I liked the part with Dooku trying to apologize. Nice touch! Also Obi comparing Dooku and Qui was sweet ;)

Anakin must be going nutz not being able to find Obi. [face_worried] I definitely wouldn't want to be in the Count's boots if the lad finds him!

13. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    wow, what's the crazy place I've stumbled back into six months later? Oh, I recognize it now. Oooooo, what a good story, not that I haven't read it already. Well, I'm so glad everyone's being so nice to my Padawan. You're such a good writer, and this story is one of your best. I think it's got a little bit for everyone. I can't wait to read more ;) but you know that.

14. jedi_artorius

Oct 29, 2004
    windu_the_warrior - hmmm...that is yet to be seen. *cringes* sorry, that was in bad taste too, for a story called Sightless. So, we'll see how that goes, but I'm not going to reveal anything on the matter :D

Ani-maniac - oh, thank you! I'm glad you like it :D, of course I'll PM you haha

Kynstar - haha, yeah, Anakin is not too thrilled with Dook...nor will he be for the rest of the story I suspect. Especially when...well...you'll see.

Master - whee!! *snuggles* It wouldn't be half as good a story if it hadn't been for you. lololol, it's a moot story. It needs to give credit to the moot *nods*

I always hate posting longer than normal chapters because then I feel bad if the next chapter just doesn?t turn out as long. Sometimes, I mean, you authors know how it is. Chapters have to end at a certain place, I have several points lined out to get in each chapter and sometimes they don?t end up as long as I would like. So this is a longish one. Unfortunately, I don?t promise that the rest of the chapters will be this long. I apologize for the delay, it was uncalled for, other than a case of writers? block?bah. Anyway, here it is. Sorry the ending is rushed, I was really tired and wanted to get it done. There will be some action again soon, haha, I promise. Ok, enjoy.

Part 4

Mace Windu sighed, glancing out between the slits of the shades of the tall window of the meditation chamber. Yoda sat across from him, cross-legged, on the other round padded stool in the darkened room; the small Jedi Master?s large eyes were closed in deep thought, though he had sensed Windu enter and sit down.

?Word there has not been?? Yoda asked after a moment before opening his round eyes.

?No. No word,? Mace replied with a sigh, ?And Skywalker has requested to continue searching. He swears Count Dooku is involved.?

Yoda?s long ears twitched and he cocked his head a little to the side, ?Doubt this you do??

?Every missing Jedi that has been captured by Dooku, he has send back, usually unharmed.?

?Hmmm?? the green master said in thought, ?Confusing this move is. Something else I sense, clouded it is.?

?We?re spread thin as it is,? Mace sighed, ?I don?t think we can spare Anakin much longer. As much of a loss as it is, I think it?s time that we accept that Obi-Wan is gone.?

?A debate for the Council this is,? Yoda replied, still in thought.

The other Master nodded, ?I agree.?

?Summon Skywalker, you should. His opinion, good to hear it would be.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anakin waited nervously for his summons to the Council. It always felt like a lifetime that he would wait for the doors to open. Usually about this time a soft voice from the form of Obi-Wan Kenobi sitting on the bench near by would calmly tell him to be patient, and to sit down, they would go in soon. But he wasn?t there. The bench was empty when Anakin looked over.

A pain of loneliness surfaced again in his heart. He loved his Master like a father, but like his mother, Obi-Wan?s life slipped through his fingers. No. Obi-Wan was not dead. He had to keep looking, keep hoping. He grit his teeth in frustration, nearly forgetting his sadness. The Council should be letting him go look for Kenobi instead of sitting here idle. He could find him!

With a soft hiss, the doors opened and Anakin took a deep breath before entering. ?Master,? he said, with a respectful bow.

?It was deemed wise to ask for your opinion concerning your Master,? Master Windu started, always to the point.

?Thank you, Master,? Anakin replied, the frustration bordering on anger still in his heart.

?With respect to the Council,? the hologram of Plo Koon started, ?It?s been a half a year with no sign of Master Kenobi, no clue what-so-ever. If he was alive, wouldn?t he have tried to contact us??

A murmur of agreement seemed to travel the Council, as if they had all been thinking it, but no one really wanted to say it. Anakin sighed, trying to keep the frustration out of

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great update! So Anakin is a Knight now?

Glad to see Dooku letting Obi return to the Order. Perhaps then Obi will see the truth in the Count's words :)

Poor thing though :( he is blind, guess he won't be doing to many missions...if any. At least Anakin will be relieved to see Obi alive still...but I got a bad feeling he'll not be too pleased to find out that it was Dooku who gave him those injuries.

16. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    :D Wonderful!!!!!

Thank you so much for the PM.[:D] I wonder, will Obi-Wan join Dooku? And, what can Obi-Wan do now that he is blind? And how does ths change Anakin's future? Ooo, so many interesting questions!!!:D

I can't wait to find out what happens next. Please post soon!!!!![face_praying]

Ani-maniac

17. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Thank you, Ani-maniac for telling me about this great story!

Poor Obi! Will he join Dooku to try to save him for Qui-Gon's sake? And what will Anikin do?
    Will he find his Master? [face_worried]

Can't wait to find out! More, please![face_praying]

18. jedi_artorius

Oct 29, 2004
    Kynstar - Haha, yes, Obi gets to go back. You didn't think the Count would go back on his word, did you? He is honourable after all. But the question is..will Obi stay? And yes, Anakin may have a few..issues in the future.

Ani-maniac - Many good questions my friend. I think we shall have to wait and see... O:)

Star_Drifter - Thank you, I'm glad you like it :D I hope that you continue to enjoy it too.

Between end of summerness and the starting of school, there was a major loss of inspiration and an overly large supply of writer?s block. Now that, well, after the first day of school, not much as changed, but I?m almost done with the next chapter so here?s this one?in which?stuff happens. I had originally promised a ghosty Qui in this chapter, but I couldn?t fit poor Qui in, so it will begin the next one. Anyway, enjoy.

Part 5

The ship settled down on the platform easily. Obi-Wan waited as the hatch opened and the ramp extended before he quieted exited along with the other travelers. He blended into the crowd easily, wrapped in his brown cloak. It had been a year since the incident on Zerion, and longer than that since he had last been on Courscant. There was an air-taxi waiting and he stepped inside, simply asking for the Jedi Temple. The pilot nodded and Obi-Wan settled back in his seat for the ride.

Though he couldn?t actually see with his eyes, he could see with the Force as they flew along. The ride was nothing like it might have been if Anakin was flying, he mused with a slight smile. Obi-Wan?s smile faded as he thought of his Padawan. He wondered if the boy was back from the outer rim yet? or what had become of him in his absence. He had to admit, that as stubborn and unpredictable as Anakin could be, he had missed him.

Thinking over the past year ? that he could remember, his thoughts drifted to Dooku?s words two months before he left. What if Dooku was right, what if the Senate was being controlled by a dark lord?what if it was Palpatine?

It couldn?t be. No, it had to be wrong. There was no darkness with Palpatine, no evidence of anything. But?a Sith wouldn?t leave a trail. A Sith would be able to blind those around him from his true self.

Obi-Wan?s thoughts were interrupted as they stopped at the steps of the Jedi Temple. He paid the driver, thanking him, and waiting until the air-taxi sped off before slowly walking up the many stairs to the large doors of the Temple that he had known all of his life. The Force wasn?t needed to aid his vision here, not when he knew it by heart.

Two ceremonial guards at the doors; they nodded as he passed, recognizing him as a Jedi. As he walked into the massive hall, Obi-Wan paused for a moment, sensing a number of beings moving around. The Temple was always busy, but it was never like the rest of Courscant, there was a calmness here. Jedi walked quietly down the hall, often talking amongst themselves. It was never too crowded either, but there was always someone.

He kept his hood up and his hands hidden within the sleeves of his robe as he past the practice rooms, some of which were filled with initiates doing their daily lesson while others had Padawans and their Masters or a lone Jedi and a practice drone. The extensive hallway system continued along, going past the Archives, and some of the large practice rooms that were sometimes used for things other than lightsabre practice. A few of the Jedi he passed, Obi-Wan sensed, stopped and turned around to look at him as he continued by. Obi-Wan smiled beneath his hood.

Stretching out with his feelings, he searched for a familiar Force signature. Obi-Wan was a little surprised to find that three he recognized were all near each other. They were walking towards the section of the Temple that housed the living quarters. That wasn?t far now, only just past the garden.

As Obi-Wan walked closer, he could hear Mace Windu talking. Anakin nodded his head silently. The younger man was without

19. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Looking out the window from where he now stood in the kitchen, into the vast expanse of darkness, accented by the lights of the city, he found that the night suited his mood. Anger grew in his heart. Dooku had taken Anakin?s arm, and now Obi-Wan?s sight?if not more than that. Revenge was not the Jedi way, but Anakin would still have his revenge, one way or another.

:eek: No, Anakin! Don't do it! Don't seek revenge, it's not the Jedi way! [face_shame_on_you]

I'm glad that Obi-Wan is back at the Temple, but I don't think he'll be very thrilled to learn of his former Padawan's plan...[face_worried]

I'm glad you finally were able to update! @};- @};- @};-
    More, please, when you can! [face_batting]

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for the PM!! [:D] Glad to see you're able to continue! :D

Poor Anakin :( feeling that his training is uncomplete, I'm sure a lot of Padawans felt the same prior/after Knighthood. But his want of revenge...definitely not good and we know that Obi senses it. Anakin has a right to worry about Obi. Specially on missions.

Great job!!! :D

21. jedi_artorius

Oct 29, 2004
    Star_Drifter - Haha, no, Obi wouldn't approve. But we'll see...Anakin's thirst for revenge may become more by the end. Thankee muchly for the comment :D

Kynstar - Poor guys, yeah. I'm sure Obi felt the same way. In fact, I probably said that LOL. Thankee.

Ok, finally I can post the next part. I don?t know when I?ll be able to post again now that school has started and is already piling me with homework. But I?ll do my best Again, it ended not where I wanted it too, but at least it's up. So, we've got some ghosty Qui action and some footy action, and! finally! some of my favourite OC, FREN ACTION! Next time will be some Council action, which is what I wanted to end with but didn't get around to it. Oh well. Here's this part anyway.

Part 6

Jedi Master Joran Dooku watched the young Padawans spar from the edge of the floor of the arena. So, Qui-Gon had finally chosen a new apprentice. It was about time. He couldn?t continue to let the ordeal of Xanatos prey on his mind for all eternity.

The saber instruction was nearly over. Dooku recalled his time as a lightsabre instructor. Occasionally, he still taught, but not as much anymore. His sight drifted from the sword-master, Cin Drallig, to the children.

There was a ginger-haired boy that caught his attention on the far side of the line with a blue sabre. He wasn?t a terribly large boy, but there was an energy about him?he was quite strong in the Force. As Dooku watched him, the boy looked over at the Master. His bright green eyes locked with the dark eyes of the stately Count and for a few moments, Dooku saw the boy grown up. He would be a strong Jedi, but scarred and worn. He saw that the green eyes were faded and sightless. Darkness surrounded him, but he cast off the shadows with his own light, holding them at bay. His voice echoed through the Force in Dooku?s head; warning him.

In a moment, it was gone, and the boy returned. Dooku stood silently. This was the future.

He didn?t have much of a chance to reflect on the vision before he saw Qui-Gon entered and walk over to the boy. So he was the new Padawan. The boy smiled and gave his Master a large, welcoming hug. Dooku shook his head slightly. Such unnecessary attachment.

?Master Dooku,? Qui-Gon bowed in respect, bringing the boy over, who also bowed. The younger Jedi Master smiled as he stood in front of his former teacher, placing his hands on the boy?s shoulders, ?May I introduce my new Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi??

Dooku didn?t open his eyes right away as the memory faded off. He hadn?t thought about it in a long time?of course he hadn?t forgotten though. But he did know what brought it on again. It was hard not to notice the familiar presence. ?Qui-Gon,? Dooku said softly, opening his dark eyes as the blue figure of the Jedi appeared before him.

?You never told me of that vision, Master,? Qui-Gon commented with his calm, soft accent.

?It was never deemed necessary to reveal,? Dooku replied casually.

Qui-Gon calmly sat down as Dooku got up, and watched his former Master walk around the room to stare out the window into the abyss of space. ?But what you saw is now,? the former Jedi said, ?What did he warn you of? Death? Darkness? Betrayal??

?Hmmmm?.? Dooku said softly. He stood in silence, looking at the stars, pinholes in the black curtain of space. ?Why have you come here Qui-Gon? To tell me that you were right all along?no? The Republic is dying, it cannot be saved. This is the only way.?

Shaking his head, Qui-Gon sighed, walking over to join his former Master by the window. ?It is not the only way, you know this Master. You were once a great Jedi-?? he started, but Dooku quickly cut him off.

?I am that Jedi no longer, just as I am no longer your Master,? he said sharply, turning to face his old apprentice.

?Perhaps you are right about the Republic; but about this, Master, you are wrong,? Qui-Gon replied after a moment. He paused to regard the Count with his cool blue eyes, ?I know you have seen something, what have you seen??

Dooku shook hi

22. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    Somehow I missed a post. :( *sniff*

But I just caught up! Wonderful update! Anakin can't seem to let go of the idea of revenge... :D :D :D

Again, great job!

And thank you so much for the PM! [:D]

Ani-maniac

23. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    ?I have chosen my path, I deserve my fate. Betrayal matched with betrayal. So be it.?

Anakin lingered a moment and looked after his Master. He knew that Obi-Wan had been hiding things. But this? How much would this inhibit his abilities as an active Jedi. Being blind was one thing, but not being able to breathe normally on top of it? He could feel his anger rising as he started after his former Master. Dooku?

[face_thinking] Hmmmm... Why do I get the feeling that Anakin is going to be a large part of Dooku's fate?

Great update! I don't mind waiting when you are busy at school! This story is worth waiting for! [:D]

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Dooku! :( He needs some TLC! ;)

?The Republic is not what it once was,? Qui-Gon admitted, ?But I am not trying to reach you for the sake of that or the Jedi Order. For you, Dooku. For your own sake. You can escape this, and perhaps in doing so, this darkness which you have surrounded yourself in will be lifted. You have those loyal to you in the Confederacy, those who would join you if you broke away. And perhaps you will find other allies as well??

I truly loved that bit! [face_love]

Great job! The resolved attitude is juz perfect! Sad, but awesomely well written! :D

Poor Obi :( he'll most definitely never be the same. Though it was great to see them having fun! :D

25. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Fren is love. [face_love]

I so love this fic Padawano. SO love it. ^^ UP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.