main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Vengeance (starring Obi-Wan) *loosely based on Kill Bill* -Major AU- Updated 7/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by corellian-jedi, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Well, this is the first fic I?m posting at TF.Net. It is also archived at fanfiction.net under the profile ?Siri19?. My other story, A Circle in the Water is not posted on this site due to rating concerns.

Title: Vengeance
    Author: corellian-jedi
    Category: MAJOR AU, Action/Adventure, a tad of Angst, lots of REVENGE
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, The Sith Assassins (aka. Garen Muln, Bant Eerin, Siri Tachi, and Xanatos DeCrion), Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: Garen Muln. Bant Eerin. Siri Tachi. Xanatos DeCrion. Qui-Gon Jinn. Obi-Wan Kenobi already has the death list made. Four years ago, those despicable vermin betrayed him and killed his beloved Anakin. Unfortunately, they let Obi-Wan live. Now a hardened warrior with nothing left in the galaxy to fight for ? except revenge ? Obi-Wan will not stop until the traitors are punished? and dead.
    Spoilers: Um? nothing?
    Notes: Starts in 32 BBY (TPM). Obi-Wan wakes up four years later in 28 BBY.

Sith ranks: Dark Lord/Lady of the Sith (Darth) ? Lord/Lady ? Apprentice (sometimes Darth) ? Learner
    Jedi ranks: Master ? Knight ? Padawan ? Youngling (Initiate)

Lots of characters will make appearances/be mentioned: Dooku, Tahl, Reeft, Ferus Olin, Mace Windu, Yoda? too many to mention.

Oh yes, and how can I forget: Inspired by KILL BILL. (Although knowledge of the movie is not required to understand this fic.)

Chapter 1: Betrayal

?Treachery is the way of the Sith.? ?Count Dooku

----------------------------------------

?My dearest Obi-Wan.? I recoiled when his cruel features lit up into a twisted smile.

He slapped me hard across the face. It stung like a blaster wound. I flinched as blood poured from the open cut on my cheek. I heard myself gasp in pain. Everything felt so unreal, like something out of a nightmare.

?No? no? please?? My crushed ribs made it difficult to speak and I was gasping for air from the effort. My eyes couldn?t focus; images blurred before me. I stared at my unmoving Master, as the panic in me increased. How could he ever?

He only smiled when he sensed my agitation. ?It?s a pity, Kenobi,? he said. ?I hate to damage that handsome face of yours.? He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. Those hypnotizing blue eyes were full of hate and madness.

?Master? no!? I gasped, fighting to remain conscious. ?Please? don?t? I-I h-had to.? I was now crying; sobbing my heart out. ?He? is? e-everything.?

Qui-Gon simply looked at me with brimming contempt. Then to my surprise, he lifted my broken body off the ground and cradled me in his arms. A large, soft hand ran gently through my blood-matted hair.

His voice, however, was merciless when he finally spoke. ?Take a last look at him, my Apprentice.? A breath hitched in my throat as blind fury overtook me. ?He?s gone.?

Those two words tore my insides apart.

NO!

?No!? The cry was weak but my Master sensed the agony behind it. I turned my head slowly to meet his eyes. Something in me snapped right then. My emotions burst out of control. I knew right in that moment that I was capable of wielding power beyond the revered Darth Sidious.

?Anakin.? My wonderful, delightful, promising Anakin? was gone. That child of nine years whom I had known for barely three months brought more joy to my life than anyone I have ever known. That compassionate little boy I met on Tatooine was dead. Dead because of me.

I was paralyzed by utter despair for the first time in my life.

?You are more worthless than a Jedi!? Qui-Gon spat. He slammed me into the cold stone floor.

I was too weak to cry out. The sight of Anakin?s motionless body and the disappearance of his Force signature had shattered my resolve.

I?m so sorry, Ani.

?Such a waste,? purred my Master in his revolting tone. ?You could have made a great Dark Lord of the Sith. Our dear Sidious certainly held you in high regard, especially after you disposed of his Apprentice Maul, quite easily I must admit.?

I snarled at him. Hate wa

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, interesting would hardly be srong enough a word for this start. Evil Qui-Gon blaming Obi-Wan for the death of Anakin... seemingly to kill Obi-Wa??? Most exciting.

Well to the boards colrrelian-jedi :D :D Only because I've heard how bloody Kill Bill is.. I must remind you that fan fiction on TF.N must stay within a PG rating as determined by the owners... :) :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very interesting! And so many of my favorite characters! I'll be watching for updates on this one!

4. corellian-jedi

Jun 4, 2005
    Healer_Leona: Glad you're interested! As for the rating, if you approve of the violence shown in this chapter, I think I should be okay. If not, tell me and I'll be sure to edit it down. Of course, no grotesque blood squirting... it's not like Obi-Wan's a carbon copy of Beatrix Kiddo.[face_worried] I don't think the insults will go beyond "scum", "dregs", "rats", "sithspawn", "force-forsaken" etc... Luckily (?) Obi-Wan hasn't kicked the bucket - after all, he's got to exact revenge on the rats who did this to him. ;)

VaderLVR: I hope you won't mind if some of your favourite characters are quite... deranged... or just outright evil. I mean, Qui-Gon sure seems like a nice guy right about now. :D

I'm working on it, so coming up next will be: Chapter 2: The Man from Serenno. Three guesses to who that refers to but you'll only need one.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Evil QUi? ohhhh- interesting

6. corellian-jedi

Jun 4, 2005
    Timeframe: Ch 1 was 32 BBY (TPM; Obi-Wan is 25), now it's 28 BBY (four years later; Obi-Wan is 29).

-------------------------------

Chapter 2: The Man From Serenno

?This is where it ends. Goodbye, Kenobi.?

Four Years Later:

The faces of the backstabbing turncoats tormented me every waking moment. When I awoke from my four years of coma, my first thought belonged to revenge. I wrote their names down and carried the list with me everywhere I went ? as a reminder.

1. Garen Muln
    2. Bant Eerin
    3. Siri Tachi
    4. Xanatos DeCrion
    5. QUI-GON JINN

I yearned for so much more, but those names would have to suffice for now. Exterminating the slimy rats will give me some measure of peace. If given the opportunity, I would also mutilate their accomplices with no hesitation. How I would love to tear out the beautiful eyes of Lady Tahl, or cast Reeft into a pool of acid. One day, I will chase down every single person that was involved and destroy each one, painfully.

As I look back to that fateful day, I knew I should have died. Nothing but the will of the Force could have kept me alive. After all, what was a lightsaber through my midsection? A fatal wound if I ever saw one. The truth is? I never did find out who found me, saved me, and took me to the healers. However, I do know that whoever it was, it could not have been an ordinary person.

Whoever saved me knew that my servitude was incomplete. Even as I lay there, as heartbroken as I was, I knew I wasn?t prepared to die. Here in the galaxy, there was unfinished business. And not only was the Force ever present ? I was doing its will.

I vowed to live, to go on, and to fight tooth and nail for one purpose alone: revenge.

I have trained as a Jedi since birth and as a Sith since adolescence. I knew all about anger, hatred, and vengeance. So from the moment I regained consciousness, I knew I would be indestructible as long as my hate resided. My hatred would be the deepest, the most unforgiving.

That is what brought me here, to the planet Serenno.

The man I seek is Count Dooku, a strange and mystical human being whose exploits have become legendary. Yet he hides from his past; he is a warrior in denial. He is a fallen Jedi and a fallen Sith. But now he leads a simple life ? away from the conflicts of the galaxy and shut off from the pains of his olden days.

?The Count will be with you shortly,? one of his many servants informed me.

I nodded absentmindedly. The Count?s residence was impressive ? beyond impressive. It was overwhelming. The ?large estate? could accurately be described as a castle.

?You are impatient and unsettled, I sense.?

I whirled around and found myself face to face with Dooku. ?Your cloaking ability is astonishing to a high degree,? I commented with a vague gesture of my hand. ?Myself, I am gifted in detecting those who attempt to hide their presence. But I must humbly say that your skills are quite beyond mine.?

Count Dooku was an elderly, but still graceful man who held himself with an air of nobility.

?Apprentice Kenobi,? he replied evenly without a hint of bewilderment. ?I heard you got into some trouble a few years ago.?

So he knew ? maybe he wasn?t so out of date after all. But ?trouble?? Is that what he called it? He has got to be joking?

?Yes, it was quite a nuisance,? I said shortly. There wasn?t time to skirt around the issue. I took a deep breath and continued. ?That?s what brings me here.?

?Yes, get to the business, Apprentice Kenobi.?

Anger and annoyance bit at me. ?No more ?Apprentice? Kenobi, Count Dooku. I no longer recognize the authority of venomous, nerf-herding, pathetic life forms.? I glanced warily in his direction.

To my surprise, he laughed? and he laughed until he was nearly shaking.

?Then you are a friend, Obi-Wan,? he said at last, clapping my shoulders. I allowed myself a small smile. At least I was making progress.

?I need your help to bring some filthy, wicked dregs to justice.? I held his gaze resolutely.

7. LadyMacBeth

LadyMacBeth Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    Nice, a KB plot! This is pretty good. Especially if English isn't your mother tongue.

So is Dooku a character we can trust in this?

Anyways, pleaase update soon because I am AWFULLY curious to see how this turns out.

-Lady MacBeth

The Force is certainly vengeful ....

8. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Hmm... very interesting. I like the Kill Bill spin you put on this.

It' s going to be interesting to see just what kind of spin you put on the present lives of all the people on the death list.

Great story. Post soon.

9. corellian-jedi

Jun 4, 2005
    Stargazer - Merci! Ah yes, the death list. You will certainly find parallels with Tarantino's characters. The next installment digs deeper into Garen Muln's story.

Lady MacBeth - Thank you for your interest! Dooku plays his own game right now. He only helps Obi-Wan because he feels he owes a debt. It's like the master feeling responsible for bad deeds done by the apprentice. If you've read HBP, think Prof Slughorn. Okay maybe not ... still ... ;)

10. corellian-jedi

Jun 4, 2005
    Notes: Someone, mods, help me out. Am I allowed to use the term 'prostitute'? If not, please tell me and I'll get rid of it at once.

Silverhorn is not made up (it really is what Obi-Wan says it is), neither are any other code names.

Chapter 3: Anakin and Silverhorn

Anakin Skywalker always wanted to know everything about my life. There was something about him, perhaps a connection we shared, that made me feel comfortable in his presence. That doesn't suggest, however, that his curiosity didn't drive me insane. In reality, I feared his reaction. Of course, I eventually succumbed (after resisting a record five seconds under his sad expression), and proceeded very cautiously, leaving out the most unpleasant parts and avoiding the term ?assassin? to describe my line of work. Needless to say, the brat was not deceived. And thus, I was treated to many lectures about consequences for doing ?bad things?. A simple analysis perhaps, but not wrong either. Cripes, I hated that.

Out of all of my stories, Anakin's favourite topic was Silverhorn.

Whom I knew better as Garen Muln.

-----

?I can fly anything!? he declared boldly. ?Watto says I?m the only human who can podrace!?

I quirked an eyebrow. ?That must be the Force at work.?

?Yeah, the Force.? Anakin blinked, as if still dazed by the knowledge I gave him earlier about midi-chlorians and the Force. ?Does that mean your Force friends can do it too??

?Well actually, I doubt it. The ladies aren?t really into that sort of thing. My Master would frown upon these? ah? ?frivolous activities?. I suppose good old Garen would be interested.? I smiled at him. ?He?s the best pilot I?ve ever met.?

?I thought I was the best pilot you?ve ever met,? he teased.

I laughed. ?Okay, he was the best pilot ? until I met you!?

?Do you think he?d like me?? asked Anakin curiously. He picked at a stain on his tunic.

?Yes, I bet he would,? I replied with a lopsided grin. ?Silverhorn would love to teach you a few tricks on his starfighter. The reckless idiot!?

?Hey! At least he?s not boring.?

I glared indignantly at him. ?What?s that supposed to mean?!?

?Nothing, Obi-Wan,? he said quickly, suppressing a giggle. ?Don?t go all ? you know ? don?t kill me. So, uh ? why do you call him Silverhorn??

?It?s his code name when we do our ? jobs.? I ignored the pointed look on his face. ?A private joke between the group. Qui-Gon was strong in the living Force, while the rest of us were more in tune with the unifying Force. I suppose that's probably why he acted ? odd, at times.? I chuckled. ?The Emperor may grudgingly respect him, but that doesn?t mean he?s at all happy when Qui-Gon brings repugnant plants into the Sith Temple.?

Anakin wrinkled his nose. ?Who wants to take care of plants?? He gestured vaguely to a pot on the far table. ?That stuff needs more water than me!?

?I agree. Only Qui-Gon ever did it willingly. We joked and called him The Gardener,? I recalled affectionately. ?When the Emperor charged him with forming a squad of special agents, Qui-Gon created The Deadly Oasis. DeeOh for short.?

?Qui-Gon renamed all his agents after plants, to our great dismay if I may add. Garen was called Silverhorn, in honour of a species of strong and unique trees native to Curalin.?

Suddenly I stopped speaking; I felt a winding tightness in my stomach. Just talking about the past opened a waterfall of emotions.

Then Anakin asked the question I was least eager to answer.

?Will you go back to them someday??

Immediately, my body stiffened. ?I don?t know,? I said truthfully. ?They?re my family but ? I-I just can?t say.?

Anakin noticed my discomfort and quickly changed directions. ?What was your code name, Obi-Wan??

?That,? I told him playfully, ?is for me to know and you to find out.?

He only snorted in annoyance and threw the rest of his fruit at me. The rest of the evening was filled with fun and laughter.

-----

About two months later, Silverhorn and the rest of the clan, under the orders of Qui-Go

11. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    "That's the princely side talking. I've always hated royals, you know. They were always jealous of my looks ?"

[face_laugh] Vain much Obi?

It's interesting how Qui-Gon went from Point A to Point B.

Look out Garen.

Great Post. I can't wait for the next chapter.

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Very inventive I must say, I like it! more soon!

13. LadyMacBeth

LadyMacBeth Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    Is Garen some kind of ranking officer on the Death Star? And the Republic and the Empire coexist? Uniqueness!

Of course, Obi's last line is priceless, thinking how he's so much better looking than royals. :) (True of course)

I hope you update soon because I am *tres* curious!

14. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Evil vain hellbent-onrevenge Obi?

This should be interesting!

LOL, this is so cool...so very imaginative..

I cant believe evil Qui though! *shocked expression*

poor poor ani! :(

cant wait to read more..

15. corellian-jedi

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks guys!

JOINME - Thank you! :D Obi-Wan: Moi, vain? How dare you blame me?! They're jealous, really! *sniff* Poor Ani indeed, it wasn't even his fault.

Lady MacBeth - You'll find out. He certainly has some authority on the Death Star. Hmm ... maybe if you've seen Kill Bill, think O-Ren Ishii and the Tokyo underworld. *blink* Or maybe not. :p *snicker*Oh boy, Garen and O-Ren ...

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi - Thanks. I'm working on it!

Stargazer - Yup, Qui-Gon's story deserves some attention. I'll get to that, eventually. Obi is very vain! He didn't look so great 4 years ago with all the damage sustained, ;) so he's taking full advantage of it right now. You think Garen can save himself? *smirk*

16. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    You are going to update soon right? :D

17. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    I love Kill Bill!
    This is going very well indeed.
    [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.