main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Life Fulfilled - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin AU vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: A Life Fulfilled
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: AU vignette
    Summary: Qui-Gon survived his injuries on Naboo, though he continues to live with the consequences. And Obi-Wan must deal with the trials and tribulations of training a being of prophecy.
    Notes: Written for the ?Three Musketeers? challenge. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader Challenge Thread

A Life Fulfilled

Qui-Gon quirked one eyebrow at his former apprentice. ?Yes, Obi-Wan? Having problems are we??

Obi-Wan fell into his favorite chair with a groan that was equal parts exasperation and weariness. ?You might say that,? he grumbled.

There was laughter from the older man. ?Anakin is giving you fits again, isn?t he??

One blue eye peeked from in between his fingers as he gave Qui-Gon a wary look. ?You must be using one of your Jedi mind tricks,? he mocked. ?How ever did you guess??

The massive shoulders shrugged. ?Just lucky, I suppose,? he said as he maneuvered his hoverchair closer. ?What was it this time??

?The usual.?

?The usual as in gambling, sneaking out of quarters, or getting into a brawl?? Qui-Gon ran through the list.

?All of the above actually,? Obi-Wan said and then shook his head.

?The boy had a busy week,? Qui-Gon noted, trying very hard not to laugh.

?Week? I only wish it had taken him a week to get into that much trouble!? Obi-Wan exploded. ?One night, Master! One night is all it took Anakin Skywalker to almost get himself expelled from the Jedi Order!?

?Pretty impressive for a sixteen year old,? Qui-Gon mused.

Obi-Wan stared at Qui-Gon with narrowed eyes. ?You think this is funny!? He accused hotly.

Shaking his head, Qui-Gon made a soothing gesture with his hands. ?No, no, my boy, not at all. It?s just that?? he stopped and gave Obi-Wan an apologetic grin. ?I just think he?s keeping you young, that?s all.?

?Young?? Obi-Wan cried out. ?Young? You think he?s keeping me young?? He shot to his feet and began pacing restlessly. ?More likely that he?ll drive me into an early grave, that?s what!?

Qui-Gon chuckled from behind his hand.

?Fine, Master, make fun of me, have a great laugh at my expense. But when I?m finally driven insane will you visit me in the wards??

?Most assuredly, Padawan,? Qui-Gon said solemnly. ?And I?ll even bring Anakin with me.?

?Do not do me any favors,? Obi-Wan retorted. ?Besides, what makes you think the young scamp will still be alive?? Now his own lips twitched. It was too hard to hold onto his bad temper around Qui-Gon Jinn.

?There?s the Obi-Wan I know and love,? Qui-Gon noted approvingly. ?Feel better now??

?A bit,? Obi-Wan conceded.

?You?re doing a marvelous job with him, Obi-Wan.? His voice was warm and reassuring, as it always was in these situations. Training the Chosen One was a group effort.

Obi-Wan scowled and flopped back into the chair. ?Not good enough. I can?t even keep him in the Temple!?

?I don?t think anyone alive could do that, Padawan.?

?He?s going to be the death of me,? Obi-Wan warned.

?Or the joy of your old age,? Qui-Gon countered.

?A state to which he is driving me rapidly,? the younger man said with a smirk.

?Would you like something to drink now that your temper has cooled??

Waving away his Master?s offer, Obi-Wan got to his feet. ?I can serve us, Master. I still remember where you keep everything.? As he walked into the kitchen he heard the soft sounds of the hoverchair?s movements, and as always it gave him a pang.

It still seemed so odd to see the big figure in the hoverchair and to know that he would never be free of it. Six years since the Sith?s blade severed Qui-Gon?s spine. Six long years since he had seen him stride proudly through the Temple. It seemed both a lifetime and a mere moment.

?You dwell on things you cannot change,? Qui-Gon chided from behind him.

Blinking away tears, Obi-Wan turned with a guilty smile. ?It?s rude to peek into my thoughts, you know.?

?You

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ahhh, mush. Gotta love it. I liked the banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I also found it sweet that Anakin had gone to Qui-Gon and immediately began to tell him just what bad things he had done. Guilty and yet he had gone to his "grandfather" of sorts.

Liked the ending when Obi-Wan told Anakin just how much he meant to him.

Nicely done.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great work!!! [face_love] This was sweet! Loved it!

Poor Obi! ;) tormented by the youth, but he still loves the boy! [face_love] And Qui still around to help out as well! A pity it didn't happen this way :(

Awesome job m'Lady! :D

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [face_love]

It still seemed so odd to see the big figure in the hoverchair and to know that he would never be free of it. Six years since the Sith?s blade severed Qui-Gon?s spine. Six long years since he had seen him stride proudly through the Temple. It seemed both a lifetime and a mere moment.

I nearly cried, Kimberley. I used to work with children who were disabled and the imagery there was very powerful. =D= Can't you do this into a long fic too??? :D

5. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    This was so beautiful!!!!, I just loved it!!! this story was the kind of story that makes me all :_| it was so cool!!!, I hope you can get more vignettes of this universe!!! please!!!, and thanks for this one, be well and take care.

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I really like how both Obi-Wan and Anakin came to Qui-Gon to talk things out. I wish they really could have had that go-between. Great banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

7. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Awww! [face_love] [face_love] This was so sweet! Poor Qui-Gon, but great job! Anakin.. hee hee... naughty kid... :cool:

8. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Obi-Wan stared at him with twinkling eyes. ?I don?t think you know the meaning of the word humble, Anakin Skywalker.?

Grinning, he replied, ?Sure I do, Master.? Then, closing his eyes and reciting from memory he said, ?Characterized by modesty or meekness in behavior, attitude, or spirit.?

?So you know the meaning,? Obi-Wan conceded. ?But you don?t do humble.?

[face_laugh] That was wonderful, VL. Such an original AU. Very sad for Qui-Gon, but the relationship between the three of them is real and lovely. Great job! =D=

9. Lady_Vader1023

Lady_Vader1023 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    That was so hilarious. It was nice to see Qui-Gon's view of what was happening between his old apprentice and his apprentice. Great writing and it was sad yet really funny... good work!

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm glad I decided to venture over to the Saga today, or else I never would have found this lovely viggie! [face_love] I loved the idea of Obi and Anakin being master and padawan and still getting to have Qui in their lives. Their relationship was wonderful, I especially loved the banter between Obi and Qui. I agree with everyone, I'd love to see more of this universe! :D

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Perfect evening for reading this great bit of fluffy mush :)

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Without hesitation, Obi-Wan squeezed Anakin?s shoulder and answered. ?I wish every day that Qui-Gon had not been injured,? he said and felt Anakin stiffen. ?But every day I am also grateful that I have had the honor and privilege of being your Master.?

Awww! [face_love] That was so touching and beautiful, K!

An intriguing premise as well - Qui-Gon alive but injured and unable to train Anakin. You should seriously consider turning this into a longer fic! :D

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wonderful scene. :) Too bad it couldn't have been that way in canon. :_|

14. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Oh, lovely, lovely job, VaderLVR!

Wonderful interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, and exactly the way canon should have gone. Anakin and Obi-Wan make quite the pair, as well.

Obi-Wan walked by his side and knew that no matter how exasperating and rebellious his Padawan might be, he would not give up the joy of teaching him for anything in this galaxy. And he knew a moment of swift joy that his own Master was there by his side, guiding him along the path.

I particularly loved the closing.

Wonderful, as always! :)

15. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I loved the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon banter! I agree with obi_ew, if only this could have been the SW *reality*. ;)

Bravo =D=

16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Loved it! Excellent job showing the dynamics between Qui, Obi, and Anakin. I loved the banter. So sweet! =D=

17. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    That was a very touching story :)

I liked how you used Qui-Gon in this

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhh... Qui-Gon in a hover chair. :( There must be some friendly little healer who can help him! [face_batting] [face_batting]

That was sad, sweet and thoroughly delightful. I loved that both Obi-Wan and Anankin would go to Qui-Gon to speak of the other. And the banter between them... all of them is just wonderful.

I second Gina in requesting more along this line... please...

19. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *cooes over her favorite Jedi Knights* [face_love]

Wonderful vignette, VaderLVR! :) I love the little glimpse into this particular reality, Qui-Gon there for both Obi-Wan and Anakin, the circle of love and affection that binds all three of them together, it's absolutely beautiful! [:D] Wonderful!

AQ

20. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    How do you come up with all of these fantastic vignettes? 8-} I don't know how you do it. But anyway, this was absolutely wonderful as always. :D I love the way you've done the interactions between the three of them. It's great to see Qui-Gon still around. [face_love] Obi-Wan and Anakin seem much more at ease here as well.

Beautiful work! :D

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?The usual as in gambling, sneaking out of quarters, or getting into a brawl?? Qui-Gon ran through the list. [face_laugh]

It still seemed so odd to see the big figure in the hoverchair and to know that he would never be free of it. Six years since the Sith?s blade severed Qui-Gon?s spine. Six long years since he had seen him stride proudly through the Temple. It seemed both a lifetime and a mere moment. I read that and for some reason thought that he was talking to Qui-Gon's ghost. I didn't realize that he was sitll alive. I guess that's a sign I need to get some sleep. :p

Great job!

22. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Between Anakin and Qui-Gon, he knew his life was a fulfilling one indeed.

:D :_| A beautiful vig., VaderLVR64! Indeed, if Qui-Gon had survived, he most certainly would've had a much more positive influence on Anakin & Obi-Wan's lives than the way it had in the canon. I never firgured he would be paralyzied, but I guess that saber thrust was very close to his spine (I'll have to go back and look...reluctantly. It's so sad that he dies).

Again, Great job!:D

23. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

oh this was so wonderful. =D=

I loved the banter between Qui and Obi, and Anakin listing all the 'bad' things he'd done..

and Obi-Wan's words at the end..so sweet. :)

This is a wonderful viggie VaderLVR64!

but what the heck, it is what I have come to expect of you. ;)

I love your writing! [face_love]

*throws herself onto VaderLVR64's moving car*

lol.

24. ByTheForce

ByTheForce Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2005
    Incredibly sweet and sad all at the same time. Qui-Gon is merciless when it comes to teasing his former Padawan. I love it.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    dianethx Confession is good for the soul, and Anakin wanted to get his say in first! :p

Kynstar I love our three boys together! :D

Layren I drew on life experience for this one, I admit

Erin_21 I would love to do more.

Master_Noi The boys are cute together![face_love]

Siaynoqsbride
    Anakin is naughty, but so cute![face_shame_on_you]

LuvEwan I love my Qui-Gon[:D] Oops, I mean Leona's Qui-Gon!

Lady_Vader1023 Thank you! :)

Bastet If a plot bunny bites, I'll pay attention! ;)

PadawanKitara Everyone needs a bit of fluffy mush!

Gina Get thee behind me, oh purveyor of plot bunnies! [face_batting]

obi_ew I'm with you there!

sheleigh I liked the idea of all three of them working together in a way

TKeira_Lea I know! :_|

Jedi_Tigris They're cute together, yes? [face_laugh]

LukeSkywalker_2001 Qui-Gon is adorable, at least to me and a certain other lady who shall remain nameless. (hint, look down...)

Healer_Leona I don't know if what you have in mind will help him or kill him! ;)

AngelQueen Thank you! It was fun to write!

Knight_Aragorn They needed that buffer between them. And thank you! [face_blush]

FelsGoddess That's okay, it was a weird little premise!

AP4EVER I still like the idea of him surviving, hover chair or not!

JOINME Thank you! [face_blush] You're always os nice!

ByTheForce He cuts him no slack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.