main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stained or What Happens When Jedi Do Laundry Qui/Obi - More Replies August 4th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seven, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Authors Notes: This story was inspired by one of my friends while we went to go see ?Revenge of the Sith.? She raised an excellent point asking how their cloaks stayed clean when they keep dropping them to the ground. So, I wrote this. A little piece of fluff half hidden in angsty-ish-ness... or not. Either way.

~~~

Stained
    or
    What Happens When Jedi Do Laundry
    by Seven

~~~

Obi-Wan Kenobi, proud Padawan to galactically revered Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, was in a supreme state of anguish. The Force itself seemed to agree with him and unleashed a rather potent storm on the city planet.

He knew that, as a Jedi he should have long outgrown the rising sense of dread and blind panic that threatened to overcome his exhausted mind. If only he weren't so tired... then it might not look so bad. Maybe...

Now if circumstances had been even slightly normal, the boy would have sought out his master. However, after the most ...unique diplomatic, here he stopped to cough at the not quite humor, missions they had been upon in a long time seemed to be more than either of the pair could handle. His master was out for the count, passed out just a few feet away, and he was tired beyond all reason.

After all, endless arguments with politicians with the temperaments more suited to children of less than five standard cycles could wear on anyone. Really it could. Their temper tantrums made the attack by the rebel fraction a relief... almost. If they hadn't attacked on a rather pleasant day when things where almost as polite as a fight in the galactic senate. And that was considered progress!

The man child sighed. The battle with the rebel fraction had started like all others. With hastily shed cloaks, left to fall to the moist earth of the gardens outside of the attacked pavilion, and the snap-hiss of igniting sabers. After which both Master and Padawan began the patterns of combat, honed into them so well that it resembled a well rehearsed dance more than anything.

Neither of the two humans had suspected this though! This was horrid, and it was not, was not, Obi-Wan's fault. It wasn't.

The boy was sinking ever closer to blind panic laced with deep embarrassment. He didn't even hear the large Jedi Master stir.

~~~

Qui-Gon rose, unsteadily onto his feet, and padded silently towards his apprentice. Jinn could not understand the rather unsteady emotions that came from the boy that may as well have been his own blood. ?Padawan?? He whispered cautiously into the room that was completely still save for the storm that raged and bellowed outside of the windows. ?Obi-Wan??

The child started, nearly shedding his skin in his haste to comprehend what was happening. Gem like eyes looked upon him in startled fright for a moment, as lightning flashed outside once more. Before the Jedi Master could take offense however, it was gone, replaced by deep embarrassment. ?Sorry Master...? Obi-Wan grinned sheepishly. ?I was otherwise engaged.?

Qui-Gon smiled, and nodded his agreement. The action seemed to smooth over his Padawan's frayed nerves like balm, but the boy was still tense. Much to Qui-Gon's displeasure. Even more unsettling however was that the boy had seemingly ignored the Master's order to sleep. ?And what could keep you up despite a Master's orders young one??

Obi-Wan had the grace to look ashamed. ?I'm sorry Master,? He muttered. ?I couldn't sleep.?

?You've been even more tired than I have.? Qui-Gon pointed out.

Obi-Wan didn't answer, and merely pointed to the laundry bin.

?Now what about that laundry basket is so interesting??

The boy blushed. ?It isn't my fault.? He answered just a touch to fast. ?Well... not entirely... I think...?

Qui-Gon merely lifted an eyebrow at the odd response, waiting for a more detailed explanation. ?Obi-Wan... What is this about??

?Background material??

Qui-Gon threw a slightly irritated, yet mostly indulging look at his Padawan. ?Obi-Wan, why don't we pretend that I have no idea what you're talking about.

2. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Excellent. However, Qui-Gon should've insisted that they continue to wear those - er - rainbow cloaks. ;)

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    [face_laugh]

He dyed them into rainbow tints?! Obi, Obi...<imagines her two favourite Jedi walking around colourfully>. And the padawan was so enthusiastic too. Not to mention sincere. Glad Qui understood that, and thought they should be preserved [although I rather think he wanted them as keepsakes, rather than 'lessons learnt'.[face_mischief] ]

Nice work, paddy mine. Loved your descriptions too. :D

4. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_batting] I don't know about anyone else, but I could go for the new, more colorful look!

This was fun! =D=

5. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    oh, that was lovely! Rainbow coloured cloaks...absolutely priceless!

Another excellent piece. Keep up the good work [face_love]

6. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    rainbow cloaks, cool. I think they should have kept wearing them; I would :p .

I reckon the cloaks get really dirty but they all wear brown so nobody notices, perhaps I should try this with my little sister.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I want one of those cloaks! ;) A great viggie! =D=

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    :D Very cute! I'd love to see Obi and Qui walking around like . . . erm . . . hippies? Yeah, that would be lovely.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A most delightful viggie and I agree with those that say they should go on donning those lovely robes. LOL!!!

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  11. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Rainbow cloaks! Way cool! [face_laugh] Great work, Seven!

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. I've always felt the Jedi needed more color in their life! Good job.

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was cute. They definitly need more color.

The stain. Remember your failure with the stain," Master Yoda reminded Luke.
    Sorry, just had to say that. It just popped in my head while reading this.

14. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    It's that time again!

Reply time!

Thanks to everyone who read!

~~~

corellian-jedi, Why thank you! And I don't think that the Jedi dress code would aprove at all!

~~~

Master, He didn't mean to Master... Really he didn't!

Keepsakes, and not lesson learnt? How scandalous! ...And so like our Master Jinn... [face_devil]

Thank you so much Master!

~~~

Star_Drifter, I agree. The Jedi could do with some more colour. Purple would be nice...

I'm glad that you had fun! [face_clown]

~~~

River_Stone, Ah, my partner in crime has arrived! I'm glad that you liked it, and I promise I'll try to write something more soon.

~~~

Black_Scout, would you really? I probably would too. What I wouldn't give to see Obi and Qui hippies... Or maybe Darth Vader in a rainbow suit?

~~~

VaderLVR64, You want one?

~Seven runs off for a moment~
    ~disgruntled yelling is heard in the backround~
    ~Seven comes back into the room panting and slightly disheveled~
    ~hand you a rainbow wrapped box~

Three guesses as to what's inside... and the first two don't count...

~~~

maychorian, Flower Child Obi-Wan and Sixties Rock Star Qui-Gon... Now that my dear... has a great deal of potential. And loverly it would be too...

~Seven drifts off into a daydream~

~~~

Healer_Leona, Seeing them prance around the temple in rainbow splotched robes would be most amusing.... [face_devil] [face_thinking]

~~~

PadawanKitara, Thank you! [:D]

~~~

amidalachick, Why thank you! I rather enjoyed the idea myself!

~~~

dianethx, Thanks so much! And the Jedi do need a little more flair in thier fashion!

~~~

FelsGoddess, Thank you as well!

And I don't mind the randomness at all... it's all that keeps me ticking!

~~~

Thanks again everyone!

Seven
    @};-

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Just read it I like it.

I cannot imagine Obi-wan in a coloured Robe
    Good short story

16. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_laugh] Hee hee! I just read this, it's awesome! Rainbow cloaks, I love it! Great stuff, Seven! :D

17. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    The tie-dye Jedi! I love it!
    Great descriptions and I love how Obi did his thorough research.
    Ah, it has been a lovely Obi/Qui mush day for me! Ha-ha!

18. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This is hilarious!
    I thought I had commented before, but apparently I hadnt. Hmm. Strange. Lol.
    But I'm glad I read it, cos hey, the Jedi do have pretty boring colours.
    I would KILL to see Qui And obi in those cloaks..maybe Yoda too...he he Yoda in a psychedelic cloak and purple shades...

hee hee!

great write!

LOVE AND PEACE.

19. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Gkilkenny Why, thank you very much! It's greatly appreciated. [face_blush]

~~~

Bastet, Thank you very much!

~~~

Jennifer_Lyn, I'm very happy you liked it so much! ...And I mean... who doesn't like a huge helping of Qui/Obi mush with thier day? Cause I know I sure do!

~~~

JOINME, I'm glad that you liked it, and I'm supremely glad that you commented! Thank you so much!

~giggles~ Though something tells me that Yoda might actually like being in multicoulored robes....

~~~

Thanks again to everyone!

Seven

20. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaah, rainbow, tie-dye Jedi. Not to mention that the whole idea of Jedi laundry is just inherently funny.:D I like the idea of those cloaks to be put away...so they can be found again years later for the reminiscence of those who know and the complete bafflement of those who don't. Aaaah, the secrets that lie in Jedi cloests. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.