main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Planet of Death (One Post) Obi-Wan and Anakin [Anyone want a sequel?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Planet of Death
    Author: jacen200015
    Timeframe: Four years after TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: Angst, Vignette
    Keywords: Obi-Wan
    Summary: Obi-Wan brings Anakin to his home world to find only death.
    Notes: Originally this was written for a challenge but I never posted it. I edited it so hopefully the tenses are fixed.
    Tissue Warning! Character death!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I limp over to the still body of my padawan and kneel down next to him on the dry yellow grass.

Anakin?s forehead is damp with perspiration, his cheeks flushed with fever.

Gently I lift Anakin?s head enough to trickle some water from a canteen into his mouth. ?Come on padawan, drink it.? I said softly, my voice quavering.

It had been a week already and still no sign of rescue was in sight. It was only a little more then a week ago I had decided to take Anakin on a training exercise on my home planet. I decided not to tell the council exactly where we were going so that we wouldn?t be disturbed. How I regret that decision now. Anakin was so excited at the chance to check out my birthplace only to find out that it was a deathtrap.

Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I laid Anakin?s head back down on the ground and covered him with my robe.

Things had changed so much since I had visited my parents when I was fourteen. Anakin and I had landed near one of the settlements quickly realizing that all was not right. When we had entered the settlement in which I had been born in, what we found was disturbing. It was empty, completely devoid of life. Wind blew through the cracked walls of the buildings creating a mournful wail.

We should have left right then but I was determined to find out what had happened. Anakin was reluctant but obeyed me without question, yet every time he looked into my eyes I saw a hidden fear.

I dismissed it without thought and we went about looking for clues to the inhabitants? disappearance. Hours later we came across the remains of a huge pier in the middle of the dusty street. There lay bits of burned bones, clothing and ashes.

Anakin pleaded with me that we should go back home, yet again I did not heed his words. We found an old speeder and managed to coax it to run. Through the night we traveled till we reached another settlement that I remembered my Master telling me about.

It was there that we found the same thing and more. Wild Guames had overrun the settlement and we barely escaped with our lives. Guames are four legged beasts that are four feet tall with wicked fangs coming out of their mouths. Their hair is spiky, pale yellow in color. Their tail is scaly like a reptilian?s hide and as thick as both of my fists put together.

Leaving the settlement I let my padawan drive back to our ship as I let my thoughts drift. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was the next morning. We had stopped near a small stream and Anakin was busy fiddling with the engine. I found out that he had been working on it all night with no success. His actions betrayed the fear in his eyes, fear of what I didn?t understand.

I set up a small camp and let Anakin sleep for most of the morning. Once he woke up we would walk the rest of the way back to the ship.

That afternoon we set off and finally reached our ship?s destination by nightfall.

We found our ship, what was left of it, that night. Something had torn the ship apart, and had eten through most of the ship like acid. The remains of the hull glowed a bright red and green smoke rose from the still melting metal.

Anakin went to see if there was anything left to salvage while I looked on. My stomach burned and inside my mouth tasted bitter as the green smoke continued to curl up from the remains of the ship. Unable to take it anymore I collapsed on the ground and cried till I had no tears left.

I woke up the next morning to find myself covered with a blanket and a small campfire a few feet away. Anakin was no where to be seen.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

NOOOO!!!!!!

It was so well written, but NOOOO!

:_|

3. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_| The warning didnt help much but thanx any ways.

NOOOO!!!!!

Very well written!

NOOOOOO!!!!!:_| :_|

4. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    VaderLVR64: NOOOO!!!!!!

It was so well written, but NOOOO!
    Thanks, Sorry i made you cry. :( Perhaps I should make a happy one post to cheer you up.

padmay_skywalker: The warning didnt help much but thanx any ways. Well I tried.

NOOOO!!!!!

Very well written!

NOOOOOO!!!!!
    Thanks. Perhaps i should write another one poster with no angst. Well, maybe a little bit. :D

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You killed Obi! =D= :p

Ugh, that was heartbreaking, the way he poured his life into Anakin. Just the sort of thing he would do. :_| But what was even sadder was the state of his home planet. That was creepy. :(

6. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That was amazing! I loved how Obi-Wan was willing to sacrifice himself to save Anakin. Fantastic job!=D= =D==D=

And, maybe this is because I am a Sith, but I didn't mind the Obi death.[face_blush]

Again, great job! :D

Ani-maniac

7. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    OMG! That was so evil of you!

wonderfully written, and a very good twist..because obviously, I thought Anakin was going to die and then...

The descriptions of the planet were very sad too. :(

But Obi-Wan did a noble thing..
    I love the reunion with Qui.

Thank you for the read, and despite the warning, I simply must,

:_| :_| :_| :_|

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Very nicely done! =D=

I thought Anakin was going to die, only Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to save him! But then Obi gets to be with Qui in the end, so he's happy! :)

So, why do I get the feeling that Anakin's not going to be very happy? [face_worried]

Oh well, you can't please everyone... ;)

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    JadeSolo: You killed Obi! Yep. I did.

Ugh, that was heartbreaking, the way he poured his life into Anakin. Just the sort of thing he would do. But what was even sadder was the state of his home planet. That was creepy. :) It sure was.

Ani-maniac: That was amazing! I loved how Obi-Wan was willing to sacrifice himself to save Anakin. Fantastic job! Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

And, maybe this is because I am a Sith, but I didn't mind the Obi death. Well it was either obi's life or Anakin's.

Again, great job! Thanks :)

JOINME: OMG! That was so evil of you! Yes I can be evil :D

wonderfully written, and a very good twist..because obviously, I thought Anakin was going to die and then... Thanks. Twists are fun :D

The descriptions of the planet were very sad too. It sure was.

But Obi-Wan did a noble thing.. Yes he did even though Anakin wouldn't agree.
    I love the reunion with Qui. I'm glad :)

Thank you for the read, and despite the warning, I simply must, Here are some more tissues *hands over a box of tissues* :)

Star_Drifter: Very nicely done! Thanks :)

I thought Anakin was going to die, only Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to save him! But then Obi gets to be with Qui in the end, so he's happy!

So, why do I get the feeling that Anakin's not going to be very happy?
    I can name a couple of reasons :D

Oh well, you can't please everyone... True.

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Oh, that was so sad. Well written, but sad. It was beautiful, the way Obi-Wan sacrificed himself for Anakin, the way a parent would for a child.

Well done! :D

11. whie_dreams

whie_dreams Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| So like Obi to sacrifice himself for his padawan. Heartbreaking!

12. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    How sad! But really well done. You showed the emotions wonderfully and I liked how you made me believe that it would be Anakin who'd die and then it was Obi-Wan. Hey, what am I saying? I liked it? Kill Anakin next time! :p I really enjoyed it. :)

13. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Hey I found this again, and it's been a while since I read it, and so I thourougly enjoyed it oncemore. :D

except I still feel like

anyway more people need to read this. and cry. like me.

:_|

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    To echo everyone else...sad and yet wonderfully written! :_|

Of course, Obi may have just driven Anakin to the dark side with his refusal to accept the loss of those he loves that is. [face_mischief] Or, maybe not. O:)

Loved the reunion between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon! :)

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    All I can say is :_| :_| :_| :_|

Bravo =D= =D=

16. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek:

:_|:_|:_|

That's what I get, I suppose, for being intrigued but the title. This was wonderfully written, and oh so heart-wrenching. Poor, poor Obi-Wan! *sniffles*

Stormqueen

17. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Gina: Oh, that was so sad. Well written, but sad. It was beautiful, the way Obi-Wan sacrificed himself for Anakin, the way a parent would for a child.

Well done!

whie_dreams: So like Obi to sacrifice himself for his padawan. Heartbreaking! It sure is. :(

Indra: How sad! But really well done. You showed the emotions wonderfully and I liked how you made me believe that it would be Anakin who'd die and then it was Obi-Wan. Hey, what am I saying? I liked it? Kill Anakin next time! I really enjoyed it. Thanks. :) Perhaps a sequel is in order?

JOINME: Hey I found this again, and it's been a while since I read it, and so I thourougly enjoyed it oncemore.

except I still feel like
    *hands over a box of tissus.*

anyway more people need to read this. and cry. like me. :)

bek: To echo everyone else...sad and yet wonderfully written! Thanks :)

Of course, Obi may have just driven Anakin to the dark side with his refusal to accept the loss of those he loves that is. Or, maybe not. Hmm. I think that question requires a sequel. ;)

Loved the reunion between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon! Thanks :)

KELIA: All I can say is

Bravo
    This thread is sure filling with tears :)

stormqueen874: That's what I get, I suppose, for being intrigued but the title. This was wonderfully written, and oh so heart-wrenching. Poor, poor Obi-Wan! *sniffles* Thanks. I did my best :)

Anyone want a sequel? If I get enough responses, I'll write and post it after my finals are over :D

18. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    :( oh my...... you did an absolute wonderful work, really talended and the emotions wonderfuly displayed, but so sad :_| :_| :_| I can believe Obi is dead, but it does sound like something he would do :(
    I look forward to reeding more historys by you, you did an amazing job with this one

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    michaellover: oh my...... you did an absolute wonderful work, really talended and the emotions wonderfuly displayed, but so sad I can believe Obi is dead, but it does sound like something he would do
    I look forward to reeding more historys by you, you did an amazing job with this one

20. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.