main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Watcher (JA Qui/Obi) Vignette Angst/Mush -- Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: The Watcher
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui/Obi
    Category: Angst
    Summary: Obi-Wan watches as Qui-Gon recovers from a terrible illness.
    Author's Note : This isn't my usual style. I was trying to write this for the No-dialogue challenge, but the word count came up a bit short. I hope y'all enjoy! As always feedback is greatly appreciated!

Obi?s Pov

How long has it been since you last had awareness? I ponder that thought with a troubled countenance as I sit by your side in the Healer?s Ward. I watch and hope that it will not be long now. You have been unconscious for three days now.

This could have been prevented had your stubbornness not been driving you, but I suppose I can?t fault you for what some see as stubbornness, I see as determination and the will to succeed. Funny how we see things differently sometimes, isn?t it?

Han?yaie has come by again. He tries to get me to rest and eat saying there is nothing I can do, but I know that?s not true. Just being here is enough for me and now I have the chance to help you as you have so often helped me.

I refuse to leave you alone.

I want to be here when you awaken.

I should never have left your side when you went in to meet with the royal advisor and his guards on Ralath II. They had set the trap so perfectly, and we walked right into it. I shake my head as I pick at the bandages covering my own injuries.

Master Josel led the rescue team and he found you in a dark, dank cell, already delirious with fever. My own accommodations weren?t much better, but at least I wasn?t ill.

He?s here now, Master Josel. He asks after you and frowns when I tell him that you haven?t stirred the entire time we?ve been home. He sits with me now and we watch and hope together that you will wake up soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It?s been five days now.

I am still here.

I confess I have left you twice to eat and get a short nap, but it was only because I was bullied into doing it and I always returned within three hours.

Han?yaie comes in more frequently now. He says that the fever is breaking and that you will be alright. We all exhale a breath in relief. I close my eyes and lean back gratefully.

I am not ready to lose you just yet.

None of us are.

A few hours pass. I suppose I drifted off without realizing it, for when I open my eyes, you are awake and watching me. I smile, thrilled to see you awake.

I want to say so many things, but now is not the time.

For now, no words are needed. You need to rest and recover.

Everything will be alright now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui Pov

I awaken slowly to find myself once again in the Healer?s Ward. I turn my head to examine my surroundings further and find my dear padawan sleeping against the wall.

I smile as I study his features. His spiked padawan haircut has grown and needs trimming. He looks young and vulnerable while he is asleep, but when he is awake those eyes can sparkle with joy and mirth, defiance and determination. My Obi-Wan has been a credit to his training and did as I asked of him on this mission, even though he though it was obvious that he did not want to, and he made his displeasure known.

How long have I been here? I notice my padawan?s hair is rumpled and his clothes are stained from lack of care. Has he stayed here all this time?

His eyes flutter open then and he sees me watching him. The smile that lights up my padawan?s eyes is a beautiful one.

I did not always have such a devoted apprentice. My second padawan, Xanatos would never stay with me when I was ill, preferring instead to do other things. I always hated waking up in the Healer?s Wing alone, but now I am never alone. My Obi-Wan is always there with me.

He brings me a small sip of water without me asking and helps me sit up to drink. The cool water soothes my parched throat.

?Thank you padawan mine,? I manage to say.

He

2. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    FIRST REVIEW OMG!!!111

[face_dancing] Yeah!

Very nice and mushy-fluffy-nicie-ness. *Ponders a bit more on the fever-obsession mystery*

You are going to keep going, right?

Of course you are. [face_mischief] You'd never be content to leave it at that, would you?

Hee.

Hehehehehe.

I'm too dead to offer much useful feedback. But lovely job all the same.

*Releases a kennel of magic rabid bunnies* GO! GO MY BUNNIES! I COMMAND THEE TO TURN THIS VIGGIE INTO A FIC!!!

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very nice piece
    It always makes me chuckle that most of the stories revolve
    around the healers ward.

It was very different, as it is usually
    Qui-Gon who is watching Obi-wan come back to consciousness

Wonderful Viggi:)

4. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, that was beautiful and sweet, Layren. [face_love] Their devotion to each other is so touching and pure.

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    awe that was so sweet! I loved it.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Love this part:
    I want to say so many things, but now is not the time.

For now, no words are needed. You need to rest and recover.

Copngrats on your first obi

7. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Along with what everyone else has said I request more.

8. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    AWWWW! [face_love] Is there a chance there will be Qui's POV?

9. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    =D=
    Very nice! The portrayal is lovely...Obi's obviously tense after those five days.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another amazing piece of work, Layren! [:D]

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Fluff-Slayer Well I had *intended* to stop here but as more is being demanded, the bunnies nibbled on my toes today at work :p The Qui pov is shorter than Obi's though ;)

Gkilkenny So true! Qui-Gon never gets enough attention, poor man :D So I decided to give him some ;) Thanks for reading!

maychorian Thank you so much grandpadawan!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Thank you!

DarthIshtar Thank you!

AngryWarrior I live to satisfy my reader's demands :p More is on the way! ;)

LilQui-Gon Well I wasn't gonna... but the bunny bit me :p

PadawanEstel He definetely is! Thanks so much!

VaderLVR64 Thank you!!!

12. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] That was fantastic! That bunny deserves a carrot.

[:D] [:D]

13. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    [face_blush] awww...*pets the bunny* good rabit ^_^;;;

Very cute...makes me wanna glomp Obi-wan.

14. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Oh, Master how wonderful! =D=

You wrote Obi-Wan's devotion to Qui-Gon beautifully, and Qui-Gon's affection for Obi-Wan comes across so well! Excellent work!

15. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Aww, how sweet! I loved the "Brat!"

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Awww, I loved Qui-Gon's POV! [face_love]

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Sweet and beautiful! Loved seeing both points of view. :)

18. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "How long have I been here? I notice my padawan?s hair is rumpled and his clothes are stained from lack of care. Has he stayed here all this time?"

[:D] Nice to see Obi so concerned for his Master!

=D= Lovely little viggie!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, Layren, this is so very sweet. I loved it from both POV's!! [face_love] [face_love]

20. meg_an2006

meg_an2006 Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2005
    Aww this was so sweet. I loved it!

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    LilQui-Gon Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it!

Lady_Snow_Kaguya :D Thanks for reading! Glad you liked !

Shadowolf Thank you so much my fine padawan learner, that was exactly what I was trying to get across :D Thanks for reading!

raisedbywolves Thank you!! So did I ;)

VaderLVR You are so sweet to review twice! Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them :)

Jedi_Tigris Thank you so very much!

Star_Drifter Thank you! Obi-Wan is a very devoted apprentice ;)

Healer_Leona Thanks so much sweetie :) Glad you enjoyed it -- and I hope things settle down for you soon :)

meg_an2006 Thank you!

22. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    ?Sure you do,? he murmurs softly, reinforcing his Force suggestion.

?Brat,? I whisper before the darkness of sleep gently overtakes me.

I barely hear his cheeky reply of, ?Always Master. Always.?

So sweet! I loved seeing both POVs here. The bond between Master and Padawan is so touching. It's nice to see it so well-developed before poor Obi loses his master. ::glares:: Stupid Darth Maul!

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Durhelediel Thanks so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Your comments and reviews mean a lot. :)

24. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    That was adorable! I love fics like these, showing how deep of a bond Obi and Qui have. They warm my heart beyond belief! I especially love the end, with the banter; I can just see them trading words back and forth like that.

Bravo!
    Stormqueen

25. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Awwww, Laurie!!! This is beautiful!! I haven't read a viggie from you in a long time, and this was just magnificent. You take something seemingly simple and make it lovely very well! :D I can't get over how much you've matured as a writer----not saying you were a bad writer before at all---but, just, you've really come into an extraordinary style of your own. @};- *gives you rose*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.