main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Tale of a Blue Ghostey Dude- post-ROTJ, remembering the silliness

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Oh, this is a really, really old story I managed to rescue from the SWC Fanfic archives. It's about... five, six years old, dating to the days when I first started with the whole fanfic bit. :) But for reasons that perhaps only I will ever understand, I still find it amusing.

Anywhoo, here it is, unaltered from the way I wrote it all those years ago... :p

Title: Tale of a Blue Ghostey Dude
    Author: DWH
    Category: Humor
    Timeframe: Right after ROTJ
    Summary: This is a little something I did for english class six years previous,
    reflecting on the question "Just what are those dead Jedi dudes *doing* up
    there, anyway?"

Something I've been wondering about lately is, "What happens to the dead guys
    (a.k.a. Jedi Knights) in Star Wars after they die?" Most of them disappear,
    excluding Qui-Gon Jinn, for reasons as of yet unknown. So, what happens next?
    The audience only sees them four times in the entire trilogy. Out of 6 and 1/2
    hours, only seeing them four times, I'm pretty sure they don't just sit around
    drinking tea and eating crumpets.

So we're going to take a trip to Blueghosteyland and see just what it is that
    they're actually doing.

Reveling in a warm day on Blue Ghostey Mackinac Island, Obi-Wan Kenobi walked
    around Blue Ghostey Downtown, when a ferry of new arrivals pulled in nearby.

One of the guys on the ferry looked at him and yelled, "Obi-Wan!"

Well, nobody ever said dead guys talked much. It took Obi-Wan a moment to
    recognize him as Anakin Skywalker. Most likely the dead giveaway (no pun
    intended) was the Darth Vader suit, sans the helmet.

Anakin ran off the ferry. "Hey, what are you doing here? What am I doing here?"
    Poor Anakin looked so confused. "What is this place?"

Obi-Wan put his arm around Anakin's shoulder. "You, my friend, are on Blue
    Ghostey Mackinac Island. Want some fudge?" He held up a Kilwin's box. "It's
    good."

"Hold it," Anakin protested. "What in the world is going on here? One minute I'm
    on the Death Star, and the next thing I know, I'm on a boat heading to who knows
    where, and-" he looked at Obi-Wan. "Why is everyone wearing cargo shorts and
    Hawaiian shirts?"

Just then, Nomi Sunrider, in-charge person of Blueghosteyland walked up. "Hello
    Anakin. I see you've met Obi-Wan. Welcome to Blue Ghostey Mackinac Island." She
    looked around. "Wait, there should be one more to go to our detention area."
    Nomi flipped through the papers on her clipboard, and found the correct page.
    "Darth Sidious? Palpatine? Where's he?"

Anakin shrugged. "Back on the boat, I think."

Nomi nodded. "Thanks." She looked at them. "Well, have Obi-Wan show you around.
    Have fun."

She walked off towards the boat, and Anakin turned to Obi-Wan. "Hey, she's that
    lady from the Great Sith War, isn't she?" He sighed. "I don't suppose anyone
    would be willing to explain all this to me."

Obi-Wan grinned. "Frankly Anakin, you're dead. As a Jedi Knight, when you die,
    you get to live here on Blue Ghostey Mackinac Island."

"Oh, well, THAT really clears it up for me."

"Just go and check into your room over, um," he flipped through the papers Nomi
    had given him, "there." He pointed at a large yellow building. "Go check in,
    take a nap, and, ah," he glanced an appraising eye over Anakin's ensemble. "You
    might want to consider losing the Vader suit." He ambled off, leaving Anakin to
    go check in. Anakin did so and went up to his large room. Well, a nap didn't
    sound so bad.

Later that afternoon, he woke to alarms blaring.

Anakin raced down to the lobby. "What's going on?"

"Darth Maul just escaped the detention area!"

Great. A perfect way to spend his first day, hunting a dead guy. He ran outside,
    looking for a familiar face. It didn't take long to find one. He spotted a tall
    man with long hair and a beard sprinting down the street.

"Qui-Gon! Qui-Gon Jinn!" Anakin shouted.

He stopped and looked at Anakin. "Am I supposed to know you?"

"No, I'm just a stranger inviting you to tea. It's me, Anakin!"

Qui

2. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    What do the women Jedi, like Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti do in blueghosteyland?

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    That was really quite weird.
    Really.

:p

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hyperion51: Well, those characters weren't in my radar screen when this was written in 1999. :p But Nomi Sunrider is in there, she's a woman! She's the in-charge-lady of Blueghosteyland! Way to be, Nomi.

oqidaun: I was a strange little 15-year-old. It all works out. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.