main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Another Pathetic Lifeform (Qui/Obi Humor ) -- Response to Ridiculously Specific Campfire Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Another Pathetic Lifeform
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui/Obi
    Summary: Everything goes completely wrong for poor Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
    Author's Notes: I tried to make this story make sense, I really did! It was hard to fit all those guidelines in and make sense of it :p but I did my best -- here's the result :p About that whole philosphy thing.. that didn't quite work, but even the best of us must sometimes admit defeat ;)

Edit -- Forgot the expletive :p

The Jedi Master sighed for what felt like the fiftieth time that evening as he tied his clothes to dry on the tree next to his padawan?s. It had been a most unsuccessful mission and he knew that Council was going to give him an earful. "Guk'ien," he swore as a bug bit him deeply on his bare arm causing him to bleed. He glanced sidelongly at his apprentice who was in about the same shape, bending over a pile of sticks to make a fire.

Obi-Wan grunted as he finally got the fire started and his mentor came over to join him. He decided to break the silence. ?Interesting day, wasn?t it Master??

Qui-Gon scowled at him. ?Most interesting, my learner.?

Obi-Wan made a non-committal snort and tossed his master a guunga fruit. ?I thought you knew everything about plants, Master.?

?Well obviously I don?t,? he said in annoyance as he munched the fruit.. ?I thought that the Kudash plant spores would calm the kaadai down instead of it attacking everyone involved in the negotiations.

Obi-Wan snorted again. ?Funny how that happens, isn?t it? Not only did the kaadai attack, but the Prime Minister was so scared of it, she jumped off the bridge to escape it!?

Qui-Gon sulked, and picked at the slashes that were still bleeding that he?d received from the kaadai. ?It was a perfectly harmless animal until the Ambassador began poking it with his pen. It thought it was being threatened. Honestly, if someone were poking you with a pen would you like it??

?Well no,? Obi-Wan admitted. He grinned then and started to laugh. ?Though you have to admit, the look on the ambassador?s face when it turned on him was priceless. I thought he would burst into flames.?

?Well he nearly did didn?t he? He was so upset with me trying to calm the creature that he hired mercenaries to kill us,? Qui-Gon replied scratching his bare chest absently.

?Yes and we tried everything to escape from them including jumping in the river and nearly drowning,? Obi-Wan recounted with a dramatic flair, rolling his eyes.

?Precisely,? Qui-Gon sighed again. ?Well maybe Princess Nyah has learned never to keep kaadai as pets.?

Obi-Wan looked doubtful, but before he could reply he pointed towards the sky at the approaching ship that was silhouetted against the night sky. ?Look! It looks like our ride is here.?

?Finally,? Qui-Gon said as the sky opened up drenching them in a torrential downpour.

?Look on the bright side, Master,? Obi-Wan replied.

?Which is what?? Qui-Gon said grumpily.

?I have some good blackmail material now!?

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Blackmail material indeed!

I loved this!

Seven

3. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    <<?It was a perfectly harmless animal until the Ambassador began poking it with his pen. It thought it was being threatened. Honestly, if someone were poking you with a pen would you like it??>>

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Hold on. I'll review when my head stops spinning from lack of oxygen.. [face_laugh]

Princess Nyah on the planet Likk the PoppSikkl! [face_laugh]

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Nice job, Layren!

Blackmail material.... :p :p

5. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great job! I loved the banter back and forth between the two, and I'm glad someone wrote a fic where Qui-Gon's good intentions towards a pathetic lifeform backfired on him. It made the situation that much more humorous.

And Obi-Wan with blackmail material... *begins grinning evilly at the thought* I wonder what he'd do...;)

Stormqueen

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. Obviously one of those days. They should have stayed in bed.

Blackmail material indeed. Good job.

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Just one of those days. :oops:

8. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

Qui-Gon sulked, and picked at the slashes that were still bleeding that he?d received from the kaadai. ?It was a perfectly harmless animal until the Ambassador began poking it with his pen. It thought it was being threatened. Honestly, if someone were poking you with a pen would you like it??

This made me smile! Great job--I could see the whole thing in my head!

9. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I don't know, I think "If someone were poking you with a pen, would you like it?" is a very philosophical question...

This was a lot of fun, Layren. Now tell us how Obi uses that blackmail material [face_devil]

10. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Blackmail! Oh, the brat. ;) Qui should've wacked him.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] I needed this! I'm sick and exhausted. This brightened my day! :D

12. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Qui-Gon sulking! Lovely switch!

13. KnightTachi

KnightTachi Jedi Knight

Aug 23, 2005
    Haha! [face_laugh] I want the mission report. Oh my. Blackmail!

14. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Great work, Layren! I'm loving the silliness. And it's good to see another taker on the Fluffmeister's challenges, too- more people should try it, and I'm glad you responded. :D

15. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This was fantastic!

ha ha blackmail material.. :D [face_laugh]

16. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Very cute! I loved to see Qui's good intentions with a lifeform for once go south. heehee

Hey, Layren, favor: keep me abreast of challenges through PMs so maybe I can do more short, light viggies. :}

17. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Seven Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Fluff-Slayer Well I needed a name and that was the first one I thought of since you said it ;) Hehehe. Thanks for reading!

Codename_Targeter Thank you!

stormtrooperqueen874 Well as much as Qui-Gon helps pathetic lifeforms.. he can't be right all of the time :D I wonder too... maybe I'll ask him... [face_whistling]

dianethx Yep! Qui should've listened to Obi and slept late for once ;)

Master_Noi Yes it was :D Thanks for reading!

Anakins_Force Glad I could make you smile! I love doing that ;) Thanks for reading!

raisedbywolves Good point! Oiy! That means I got them all! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :p Thanks for reading!

Charmisjess Yes Obi is indeed a brat :p Hehe thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Awww sorry you're sick, but glad I brought some cheer! Get well soon! [:D]

Maychorian Qui-Gon is a big sulker, he just hides it well [face_batting]

KnightTachi That's a good idea! I do wonder what the mission report would've read..... darn it now see what you're doing :p Thanks for nothing ;)

Commander-DWH Glad you enjoyed it! I plan on doing more of them, and yes indeedy, more people should :)

JOINME Thank you!

Durhelediel He's not as perfect as he likes to think he is :p

And do you realize how hard what you asked me is :p At any one time there are at least a dozen challenges going on.. maybe you should try posting in there yourself sometime :D [face_devil] We don't bite... that hard.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Aww, that was very cute.

19. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    How did I miss this one???!!!

Oh, I love when pathetic life forms get the best of Qui

But this was just an awfully bad day..I feel bad for them both

Great job, I really liked it

20. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Well no,? Obi-Wan admitted. He grinned then and started to laugh. ?Though you have to admit, the look on the ambassador?s face when it turned on him was priceless. I thought he would burst into flames.?

Wow, he must have been really hot under the collar! ;)

Thanks for a good read, and a good laugh! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.