main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Twists of Fate (AU Drama, Bruck, Xan, Qui-Gon, Re-Post without Co-Author) 9-11 The Tournament

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Agent_Jaid, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Title: Twists of Fate

Author: Jaid (formerly co-authored with Jacen20015)

Disclaimer: This is not intended to infringe on any copyrights or such, because we all know that George Lucas and Lucas Arts own it all. Jude Watson deserves credit for creating Bruck and such so yeah. I OWN NOTHING!!!! Thusly, I can write whatever I want without lucas telling me to kill someone off!!!

Genre: AU, Adventure, Drama

Timeline: JA AU

Key Words: Bruck, Xanatos, prophecy, slavery, balance, OC

Authors Note: This story was originally to be a collaboration between Jacen20015 and myself. Recently she has given me the story and I?ve re-written the chapters (but I?ve essentially left hers untouched) to fit a different plot. The original posting of this is here: Twists of Fate.

Summary: When a Jedi turns thirteen, they are sent away. When a slave disrespects their master, they are beaten and sold. When justice fails, something must be done. When those in power make mistakes, things start to go wrong. Half a prophecy is worthless, but the second half of it is only remembered by one, but even then, it is mistranslated. So it is left to the Foretold ones and their mentor to find the Chosen one and to bring balance to the Force. But something is wrong. The Jedi... are against them?

The chapter was written by my former co-author, Jacen20015, and re-arranged by myself --- I think sections of this have been taken directly from the book

Prologue

Sweat beaded on Bruck?s forehead as he blocked his opponent?s strike. He slashed at his opponent and heard Yoda?s voice encourage the other boy from the sidelines of the room. Using the Force he sensed areas where there would be uneven footing so that he wouldn?t stumble. the sidelines of the room. Using the Force, he sensed areas where there would be uneven footing so that he wouldn?t stumble. Hissing in irritation at his determined opponent, he swung his lightsaber down where his opponent was?or had been seconds before. He was growing fatigued as he made a hasty move that didn?t improve the duel at all. He attacked again, and again he was blocked. Feeling his opponent leap over his head he spun around to meet him only to get a low level burn on his neck.

His eyes widened under his blindfold and he howled in rage. ?That was a lucky blow!? Bruck shouted; rubbing the area the lightsaber had touched him at.

?Bruck,? Yoda said reprovingly. ?Leave your blindfold on. A Jedi needs not his eyes to see.?

Bruck didn?t hear him as he tore his blindfold off and threw it to the ground. ?You clumsy oaf!? he shouted in choked fury.

?Calm yourself you will!? Yoda warned Bruck in a rarely used sharp tone.

?Come on, Oafy,? Bruck taunted. ?See if you can hit me again! One last time; just once before they throw you out of the temple for good!?

?Bruck. Enough!? Yoda said sternly. ?Learn to lose as well as win, a Jedi must. Go to your room, you will.?

?You don?t have to send him away, Master Yoda,? Obi-wan said. ?I?m not afraid to fight him without his blindfold.?

Bruck?s face flushed and his icy blue eyes narrowed. Yoda just nodded at Obi-wan?s words. Bruck gave a faint smirk, they were both exhausted but he would enjoy another duel with Obi-wan.

After a couple of minutes Yoda had made his decision. ?Very well. Continue. Much to learn, you have. Use the blindfolds you must.?

Bruck picked up his discarded blindfold and placed it over his eyes again. Tightening it so it wouldn?t fall off; Bruck made a lunge at Obi-wan that was easily blocked by the other?s lightsaber. Bruck went on the attack, keeping Obi-wan on the defensive. Back and forth they fought in a poised yet lethal dance. Bruck felt Obi-wan duck and dodge each blow and block them. He was tiring easily from using all his energy to attack. His clothes were wet with sweat and his muscles began to burn in

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is wonderful!!!! I love the way you twist the book to Bruck's perspective :D I haven't read the original, so this will be a surprise :D

I can't wait for the next bit!!!

3. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    This is wonderful!!!! I love the way you twist the book to Bruck's perspective

:D *HUGS* Thanks for beta'ing this bit for me!! [face_love] You're an ANGEL.

I haven't read the original, so this will be a surprise

It's been years since I read it to be honest.... :p

I can't wait for the next bit!!!

I need to talk to Meg!! :p Where does she frequent most often? :confused:

Thanks for reviewing too 8-}

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    *HUGS* Thanks for beta'ing this bit for me!! You're an ANGEL.

You're welcome [:D]

It's been years since I read it to be honest....

[face_laugh]

I need to talk to Meg!! Where does she frequent most often?

If she won't answer a PM, try the Fortress. If she isn't there, bug Alethia (Jen) about getting here there :)

Thanks for reviewing too

You're welcome :D

5. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    :p Okay okay stop laughing... I'm stealing it from a friend's right now and I'm trying to read through both that and Count of Monte Cristo before Friday...

If she won't answer a PM, try the Fortress. If she isn't there, bug Alethia (Jen) about getting here there :)

Jen... There are so many Jen's!! :p Okay. *pulls on a Beta-Hunting-Hat* [face_cowboy] Off I go to locate teh Beta of TOF!!!! (pronounced 'tough-ffffff :p)

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay okay stop laughing... I'm stealing it from a friend's right now and I'm trying to read through both that and Count of Monte Cristo before Friday...

Ooo, that's a good book!! I always wanted to see the movie . . .

Jen... There are so many Jen's!! Okay. *pulls on a Beta-Hunting-Hat* Off I go to locate teh Beta of TOF!!!! (pronounced 'tough-ffffff )

It seems to be the most popular name on the boards, along with Sarah/Sara 8-}

Do you know when the next bit will be?

7. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Ooo, that's a good book!! I always wanted to see the movie . . .

They are soooooo different..... [face_plain]

It seems to be the most popular name on the boards, along with Sarah/Sara

:eek: AH! That's another one!!! *shriek*

Do you know when the next bit will be?

Er, as soon as I explain to Meg what the plot is and get to a computer with a USB port I can reach so I can send her the chapter? [face_blush] *is ashamed*

Hopefully by this weekend. :D

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    *crosses fingers and camps out*

9. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Nat

I RULE!!! [:D] :D

II

The next day Bruck sat at a table with Aalto and his friends talking and laughing about the things they had gotten away with. Obi-Wan?s departure that day being the chief topic, Bruck noted. It was rare that they didn?t know when he had failed at something, but in this case, he was glad they didn?t. His friends could be brutal when someone failed.

The circle of friends could better be described as a hierarchy, with Aalto as the king and Siri at his side, although Siri often didn?t eat with them because she was several years younger. But no one made the mistake of trying to take her place in Aalto?s inner circle. Aalto dealt with those who did, quite?. seriously.

Aalto was a tall, lanky boy with long light brown hair that he grew out and dark grey eyes that sparkled with malice much of the time. his ideas and charismatic manner that drew the rag-tag group together.

To Aalto?s right was a humanoid boy who had red hair and freckles covering his frame. Narrow, sharp ridges ran down his nose and from the sides of his neck to his wrists. He was Vaajam and one of the two at the table who were a part of Aalto?s inner circle. The other person who was in Aalto?s inner circle a Brigian named Vacem (actually it was Vacemegacodenjafoc, but ignore that, I?m not sure how it?s pronounced). He was tall and skeleton-thin. His eyes were large and red; almost glowing in the dark and his skin was a light purple. Ra-Jeem was a human, although it was commonly thought that he was only a half-blood, but no one said it to his face. He was short for his age, and he had dark green eyes and silver hair with a temper worse than Siri?s.

Aalto nudged those around him and smirked knowingly. The others began to snicker ? they knew what was coming.

?Always knew he wouldn?t make it.? Aalto said loudly enough so that Obi-Wan could hear.

Bruck turned his head to look at Obi-Wan, gauging his reaction and daring him with his eyes to pick another fight.

?Don?t mind him,? Bant reassured Obi-Wan. ?He?s a fool.?

Bruck looked at Aalto questioningly; the silent laughter in Aalto?s eyes not especially comforting, particularly since he knew it was probably mirrored in his own eyes.

Aalto snorted and handed Bruck a huge black Barabel fruit and nodded toward Obi-Wan, indicating what he wanted Bruck to do.

Bruck took the fruit and headed across the room, worry gnawing at his conscious.

What if a Master is watching?

They never watch. Just do it! You know Aalto?s watching?

But it?s
    Oafy-wan. He has like, bodyguards. I could be in so much trouble? He?s leaving tomorrow, why do I have to do this?!

?You don?t
    have to do this. You could just walk back to the table and forget it. Aalto will hate you and the rest will laugh at you and you?ll never be chosen as a Padawan, but you do have a choice.

Bruck stopped halfway there and threw the head-sized fruit. It splattered on Bant and Garen but missed Obi-Wan by less then half a meter. ?Plant it, Oafy.? Bruck called to Obi-Wan, ?I here they?ll grow just about anywhere.?

Bruck saw Obi-Wan rise from his chair only to be held down by Bant who was whispering something furiously at him. Obi-Wan sat back down and then smiled at Bruck. Reeft said something that made Obi-Wan burst out laughing and he began to scrape the fruit off the table and put it into a cup. ?Thank you, Bruck. The people of Bandomeer will be honored when I share with them your gift---the gift of one farmer to another.?

Lifting a pale eyebrow at Obi-Wan, Bruck?s features twisted into a sneer before he whirled around and headed back to his friends, not liking the feeling that he had been made a fool of, again.

Aalto gave Bruck an angry glare as he sat back down, ?You should have responded to that!?

Bruck poked his food with his fork, not looking up at Aalto. ?Give him a break Aalto, he?s leaving today for the Agri Corps, you should be satisfied with that.?

?Now look here Br

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I RULE!!!

Heck yes you do :D

Oooo, very nice!!! I don't remember Aalto being in the books . . . so new bad guy?

11. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Heck yes you do

:D I love you girl [face_mischief] You do wonders for my ego [face_batting]

Oooo, very nice!!! I don't remember Aalto being in the books . . . so new bad guy?

Aalto is a bit character in the books, but he is cannon. To be honest, Andrea invented him too, but she didn't go into much detail. But that's okay - I'm way too creative for my own good..... O:)

I'm glad you liked the update :D *bounces up and down*

12. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Great job! I think I know where this is going. [face_batting] Wonderful work!

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love you girl You do wonders for my ego

[:D]

Aalto is a bit character in the books, but he is cannon. To be honest, Andrea invented him too, but she didn't go into much detail. But that's okay - I'm way too creative for my own good.....

Hmm, might have to go back and read the books. I sort of like him, for all his evilness, thoughI do have a thing for evil [face_devil] As mean as Bruck is, he seems to be the ringleader, and he eggs Bruck on.

I'm glad you liked the update *bounces up and down*

:D

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Meg

Great job! I think I know where this is going. Wonderful work!

After the rambling PM I sent you, I surely hope you know where this is going :eek: otherwise I am in soo much trouble... :p Thanks!

Nat

Hmm, might have to go back and read the books. I sort of like him, for all his evilness, thoughI do have a thing for evil As mean as Bruck is, he seems to be the ringleader, and he eggs Bruck on.

He gets about half a line in the books IIRC. :p But yes, he will be the ringleader and be horribly evilishy to everyone but mostly to Bruck. Eh, but then again this whole fic is evil so..... O:)

Oh, Meg? i can't find my stupid flashdrive right now, but tomorrow once things are more unpacknessed, I should get it and then I may send it to you ^_^

15. rubber_band

rubber_band Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    oooo this is a great fic! i love a slightly darker but god OBI

16. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Rubber_Band

....I don't like Obi much, so he's pretty damn dark in this fic. Well, for where he shows up he is anyways... :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! Am sending the post to the beta tonight. I'm at school right now and I don't have the chapter with me but it is finished! :D Sorry about the delay, school nearly slayed me.... :(

17. Jaid

Jaid Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Holy kriff I'm such an IDIOT! 0.0 I'm so sorry guys! I thought I had posted the next chapter! I'll send it off to the beta (unless I already did that - argh, I'm such an idiot!) tonight after karate.

:( I'm SO sorry.

:p The next chapter's really fun too, I don't get how/why I managed to let it slip my mind...

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally got the chance to read and am rally enjoying what I'm seeing. Love the slightly twisted Obi-Wan.

19. Jedi_Freyja

Jedi_Freyja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2005
    This is awesome Jaid! I finally got a chance to sit down and read this, and I'm loving what I see. It's been awhile since I read any of the books, and this just brings back so many memories for me. I love the new perspective on things too. If I remember correctly, you've pretty much got Obi down exactly how he was in the books, a jedi with an anger management problem. At least, that's how I tend to think of him.

It's kind of funny though, reading this made me think of the movie Odd Girl Out. I just watched it yesterday, and Bruck's situation is kind of like the girl in the movie. Belongs to a group of friends (possible the "popular" group) and is pretty much controlled by the feeling of wanting to belong. It brings a great new perspective of things.

Great job so far!

Freyja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.