main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Religious Fervor - JA, Obi-torture/angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Mar 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Just thought I'd throw this one out there. This is a one-post stand alone story that I wrote awhile back. It has nothing to do with the storylines in the other fics I'm currently posting.

?Religious Fervor?
    By: p_stotts
    Category: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
    Setting: Pre-TPM, Obi-Wan is about 15.
    Rated: PG-13
    SUMMARY: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are captured by religious zealots.
    DISCLAIMER: I don't own any recognizable Star Wars characters. I am not profiting
    from any of this, so don't sue me.
    FEEDBACK is Welcome. I love feedback. Yes, yes, yes!
    SPECIAL THANKS TO: Moonscribe for all your help and suggestions.

** Indicates Force communication.
    // Indicates thoughts.

Qui-Gon sighed as he looked down at his apprentice. They?d been captured by a dissident
    group of religious fanatics while on the planet Tandrus. The pair had been sent to mediate
    negotiations between the Zadrack, the ruling party, and the Cristus, a religious group that
    had colonized Peldon, Tandrus? moon in order to escape persecution.

Somehow their food had been drugged, and they had been removed from their
    ambassadorial quarters during the night. A man named Credo, the apparent leader of the
    dissident group, had called for their denouncement of the Force in favor of the god they
    worshipped.

The whole scenario was ludicrous. Qui-Gon could no more denounce the Force than he
    could denounce his gender. It was an integral part of his makeup, not a tenet he followed.
    But Credo had been unwilling to see that, and had thus tortured the Jedi in order to force
    their conversion.

Qui-Gon himself had not been physically tortured, but rather had been forced to watch as
    they tortured his fifteen-year-old apprentice. Obi-Wan?s legs had been put in braces that
    placed ever-increasing pressure on them. The effect was the slow, but inevitable crushing
    of the boy?s legs. The drugs in his system kept Qui-Gon from interfering or coming to
    Obi-Wan?s aid.

They?d been redeposited in their cell after the latest session of ridiculous demands for
    denouncement. Tears sprang unbidden to the Jedi master?s eyes as he replayed in his mind
    the sound of his padawan?s screams of agony.

Now, he sat on the floor of their cell, his back to the wall. Obi-Wan?s head rested in his
    lap, with his body laid out to the side. The apprentice was unconscious, but even that
    state did little to separate him from the excruciating pain. Qui-Gon used what little
    control he had of the Force to send waves of comfort to the boy, siphoning away as much
    pain as he could from Obi-Wan?s conscious.

Between the drugs and the constant use of the Force to ease Obi-Wan?s discomfort,
    Qui-Gon had severely weakened his own system. If he lost consciousness, the pain would
    return to Obi-Wan tenfold. He could not allow that to happen, and was willing to die in
    his attempt to bring comfort to his padawan for as long as possible.

?Credo, what have you done?? exclaimed Kyrie. Kyrie was the spiritual guide of the
    Cristus. She had left Credo in charge of their people when she had left for Coruscant to
    speak before the Jedi Council in person. Concern for fair treatment of her people in the
    ongoing negotiations had prompted her trip, but never in her wildest nightmares could she
    have envisioned what Credo would do in her absence. News of the disappearance of the
    two Jedi ambassadors on Tandrus had prompted Kyrie?s return, along with a search and
    rescue team from the Jedi Temple.

?I followed your orders, Mistress,? answered Credo with a humble bow.

?What orders?? Kyrie practically yelled. She replayed her parting instructions in her mind,
    and could not recall anything that remotely hinted at the atrocity that Credo had
    committed.

?You said that we should use any and all means at our disposal to convince the Jedi of our
    position,? stated Credo.

Kyrie?s eyes went wide. ?Credo,? she whispered in shock, ?I didn?t mean that you should
    kidnap and torture the ambassadors to try and convert them to our beliefs. Violence is not
    our

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A very well written story Peggy.

I felt so bad for Obi and Qui at the beginning....

But their recovery lifted my spirits as well as Obi's.

Looking forward to more.

3. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    awsome story! I love a good Obi-Qui story, and this just brightened my weekend. hurry and post, or I'l never sleep!
    Jess

4. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, Healer L & Jessica! :)

5. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    I'm always up for another story by Peggy!!

poor Obi, we always seem to make him suffer the most don't we? But we enjoy it, and make up for it with mush later on!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

6. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Oh that was such a good short story! :D I enjoyed the physical therapy, cuz I'm currently an invalid, so it's nice that even the great Obi has to suffer :p

7. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    That was great!!! Poor Obi! He's always getting hurt. It's no fun for Obi, but it's great stuff to read! :)

8. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Excellent story!!! The emotions were very real!!!

9. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, guys! I'm glad you liked it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.