main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Selflessness (Obi, Ani, Siri)AU TPM (What if Obi-Wan had spoken up...) Updated 8/26 Yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Selflessness
    Author: jacen200015
    Timeframe: During TPM
    Characters: Obi, Ani, Siri, Yoda, Mace, Qui
    Genre:
    Keywords: Obi, Ani, Siri
    Summary: What if Obi-Wan had spoken up in the Council scene when the Council refuses to have Anakin trained?
    Notes: Lucas owns these characters, places, etc. Jude Watson owns Siri. I am making no money off of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?No. He will not be trained.? Mace Windu replied, his tone firm.

Obi-Wan began to smile as his Master repeated Mace?s first word in surprise. I told you that they would never agree. He chanced a look at Anakin and saw a glimmer of tears in his eyes.

Tears? Tears won?t make them train you. Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon from the corner of his eye and saw firm resolve in them as Yoda finished speaking. No! Obi-Wan quickly stepped forward before Qui-Gon began to speak. ?Masters.? Now what?

The Council members and Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan in surprise as he continued to speak. ?I believe it would be unwise to have Anakin remain untrained.? He felt his words had caught Anakin?s attention as he sensed a shift in the boy?s emotions.

?Why?? Mace asked, a hint of irritation in his voice.

?If the Sith have indeed returned, then they will no doubt use Anakin for their own purposes.? What have I gotten myself into? I?m defending a boy that I don?t even like.

Ki-Adi shook his head as he responded. ?We don?t know that the Sith have returned for certain.?

Anger briefly flared in Obi-Wan?s eyes as he spoke. ?You doubt our judgment??

?Padawan.? Qui-Gon said in a low voice in an attempt to rein Obi-Wan in.

Ignoring his Master, Obi-Wan continued. ?Well excuse me, no one on this Council is all knowing. No one on this Council saw what we have. We have battled Dark Jedi before, we know the difference! Where is the trust that should exist when a Jedi reports something that he believes is true? When has the Council declared that they have to see it to believe it??

?Padawan Kenobi!? Mace tried to interrupt without success.

?You all think you should have sensed the Sith?s return if they have indeed returned. What happed to the saying that the Dark Side clouds everything?? Obi-Wan looked at Yoda who was watching him with interest.

Well, since I?ve gotten this far? ?I believe the threat is real. I also believe that the Council should take my Master more seriously. When has he ever been wrong? Okay, maybe he made a few mistakes, but that is how we grow, it is how we learn. However! I believe if Anakin is not trained then this may be a mistake we may never recover from.? I think I just convinced myself when I was only trying to keep my Master from doing something stupid.

Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin to see him looking up at him in amazement. A small smile lit Obi-Wan?s face and he looked back at the Council. ?If the Council will not allow Anakin to be trained then you will be accepting my resignation from the Order.

Muffled gasps were heard in the Council room, even Yoda looked shocked. Well, this is a change. Some time in my training they must have begun to see me as important. Interesting. ?I will also take Anakin as my unofficial Padawan learner.? Now chew on that.

Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the floor twice to hush the murmurings among the Council members. ?Discuss this we will. Qui-Gon, remain here you will.?

Obi-Wan gave a curt bow and strode from the room, followed by Anakin. As soon as the doors shut behind them, Anakin asked, ?Why did you do that??

Obi-Wan paused for a moment before turning around to face Anakin. ?Why do you think I did that??

Anakin?s face scrunched up in thought for a few minutes and then relaxed as he responded. ?I don?t know.?

?Well, I would like to know.? A female voice commented from behind Obi-Wan. ?The last time you did something rash was on Melida/Daan.?

Closing his eyes, Obi-Wan took a deep breath and slowly let it out. ?And why wer

2. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    So true!

I always thought it was rather illogical of the council to think that if Anakin wasn't trained as a Jedi, he would somehow be less dangerous. All that power, running around, ready to be picked up by the Sith and trained by them? It's not like the Jedi have a monopoly on being able to teach how to use the Force.

I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting!

3. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great little vignette. Love Obi-Wan's change of heart.

4. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I love it! It was completely perfect. The characterization was great, and it was an interesting twist to canon.

5. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This was great! =D=

Yes indeedy, what if Obi-Wan had spoken up?

Very cool AU, and Anakin was so cute. :)

lol Siri joining him and Anakin.. [face_laugh] That was cute too.

But.... I actually thought this was the beginning of a story!

and..it's not? :( :_| aww...it would have made a fantastic beginning though. :D *hint hint*

6. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Interesting story.

I don't know about the part about leaving the Jedi, but the part in the Council meeting was great, and the Council got what they deserved.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great start!! I so like this! :D Obi standing up like that was juz WOW! A pity he didn't in the movie! ;)

Can't wait for more :D Wonder what the Council is gonna say to Qui about his 'Padawan' prob mention that he is too like Qui [face_laugh]

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Elana:

jacen200015 posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is a title only, a label. It is how we live our lives, how we act selflessly towards others that count.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So true!
    It sure is.

I always thought it was rather illogical of the council to think that if Anakin wasn't trained as a Jedi, he would somehow be less dangerous. All that power, running around, ready to be picked up by the Sith and trained by them? It's not like the Jedi have a monopoly on being able to teach how to use the Force. Now there is one of their many flaws.

I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting! Your Welcome :)

aldocassidy: Great little vignette. Love Obi-Wan's change of heart. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Jedi_Katana: I love it! It was completely perfect. The characterization was great, and it was an interesting twist to canon. Thanks :)

JOINME: This was great!

Yes indeedy, what if Obi-Wan had spoken up?
    This little plot bunny has been lurking around for a long time.

Very cool AU, and Anakin was so cute.

lol Siri joining him and Anakin.. That was cute too.
    Got to have some cute scenes after the Council meeting.

But.... I actually thought this was the beginning of a story!

and..it's not? aww...it would have made a fantastic beginning though. *hint hint*
    *Chuckles nervously* well, i do have a plan on how to continue this and I admit i have another scene almost written that begged to be written. Maybe i'll extend this, just maybe. :D I'll think about it.

Hyperion51: Interesting story.

I don't know about the part about leaving the Jedi, but the part in the Council meeting was great, and the Council got what they deserved.
    The Council sure did. :)

Kynstar: Oh great start!! I so like this! Obi standing up like that was juz WOW! A pity he didn't in the movie!

Can't wait for more Wonder what the Council is gonna say to Qui about his 'Padawan' prob mention that he is too like Qui
    Wow. When i posted I didn't realize how much of a hit this idea would be. Well, since I have already started writing more of this, i may just post more.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was a bit surprised that at first Obi-Wan began to smile at his master's hopes for Anakin being shot down so out of hand. Even more that he'd suddenly changed hois own tune with an arrogant sounding ?You doubt our judgment??

I would like to see what would become of this trio.

10. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Healer_Leona: I was a bit surprised that at first Obi-Wan began to smile at his master's hopes for Anakin being shot down so out of hand. Even more that he'd suddenly changed hois own tune with an arrogant sounding ?You doubt our judgment?? There's some explanation in the next post.

I would like to see what would become of this trio. Me too :D ;) :)

11. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    *blink*

*blink blink*

*blink blink blink*

Wow.

Will stick around for this one.

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Arcalian: *blink*

*blink blink*

*blink blink blink*

Wow.

Will stick around for this one.
    I'm glad you like it so far :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Padawan Kenobi puts us in a difficult position.? Plo Koon solemnly remarked, breaking the silence that had fallen in the room after Obi-Wan?s departure.

Qui-Gon opened his mouth and then shut it without a word.

Mace Windu leaned foreword, hands clasped in front of him. ?A great loss it will be if Kenobi leaves, but allow him to train the boy we can not.?

?Master Qui-Gon, do you have an answer for your padawan?s behavior?? Yaddle asked in a gentle voice.

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?I don?t.? He closed his eyes for a few seconds, willing himself to remain calm. ?Obi-Wan shared your views about Anakin. I don?t know what changed his mind.? He looked at Yoda who had closed his own eyes.

?Yet he is going to train Anakin.? Saesee Tiin put in with a shake of his head. ?It is illogical.?

?Qui-Gon, if Obi-Wan leaves this Temple then he will be considered a rogue.? Mace told him without emotion.

?I understand.? Qui-Gon responded, unable to meet Mace?s gaze.

?Allowed to train Anakin, Obi-Wan must not be.? Yoda informed the Council and Qui-Gon.

?Master Yoda.? Qui-Gon began, forcing himself to look into Yoda?s eyes. ?You know that once Obi-Wan has put his mind to something then no one can stop him.?

Plo Koon stared at Qui-Gon?s pale features for a few moments before speaking. ?Then we will do what we must to insure that Padawan Kenobi does not.?

Adi Gallia looked at the other council members and asked. ?Do you think that is wise? We may only succeed in driving Padawan Kenobi even further away from us.?

?You never hunted Xanatos down.? Qui-Gon?s words had come out as a whisper, yet a few managed to catch it.

?What?? Mace asked.

?I said that the Council never bothered hunting for Xanatos after he had turned away from the Jedi.? Qui-Gon told them louder this time.

?This is different.? Plo Koon responded.

?Is it?? Qui-Gon began to pace around before stopping in front of Mace. ?You?re all afraid. For the first time your actually afraid. Xanatos did not faze you, the lost nineteen didn?t cause you all to flinch, but when my padawan goes to say he will train someone who you all rejected then you find reason enough to take drastic measures.? Qui-Gon?s voice rose in volume as he continued. ?Even the threat of the Sith does not bother you. The only thing that bothers you is that my own padawan has told you all that he will train Anakin.?

Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the floor for silence and spoke in a firm voice. ?Decided the Council has, considered a rogue Kenobi now is.?

Mace leaned back against his chair and added. ?Once he is found, Kenobi is to be placed in confinement and the boy taken to an isolated planet.?

Qui-Gon looked at Mace him in disbelief. ?You can?t be serious. Who on this Council, since my Padawan?s departure, has meditated on this matter? You all are letting your personal feelings about Anakin cloud your judgments.?

?The boy is dangerous.? Plo Koon responded.

?And what? That means my padawan is dangerous too?? Qui-Gon felt his temper rise as he continued, ?Obi-Wan is not Xanatos.?

?Know this we do.? Yoda replied.

Qui-Gon took a deep breath and slowly let it out before speaking. ?We have not even discussed this and yet you all have made your decision. I ask that you all put your bias aside and talk about this before proceeding.?

Yaddle nodded. ?I agree. We should take a few days to discuss and meditate on this.?

Qui-Gon gave Yaddle a grateful look and then turned his attention to Yoda.

?Do as you ask we will.? Yoda added, passing the motion.

Mace chose at that moment to change the subject. ?Senator Amidala is returning home and the Senate is voting for a new Chancellor.?

Ki-Adi continued, ?You are to go and protect the Queen, but don?t interfere if it comes to war until we have the Senate?s approval.?

13. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the floor for silence and spoke in a firm voice. ?Decided the Council has, considered a rogue Kenobi now is.?

Mace leaned back against his chair and added. ?Once he is found, Kenobi is to be placed in confinement and the boy taken to an isolated planet.?

Qui-Gon looked at Mace him in disbelief. ?You can?t be serious. Who on this Council, since my Padawan?s departure, has meditated on this matter? You all are letting your personal feelings about Anakin cloud your judgments.?

?And what? That means my padawan is dangerous too?? Qui-Gon felt his temper rise as he continued, ?Obi-Wan is not Xanatos.?

Sic 'em, Qui-Gon! [face_dancing]

The Jedi Coucil needs to get "Force Glasses" so they can see what's really going on! :-B

What a great story! =D=

Please tell me that you are going to continue this. I could picture updates of Siri, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, months, or even years apart to see how they are progressing.

Please, please, please! [face_batting]

*leaves pizza, cookies, ice cream, cake, and brownies as bribe* [face_whistling]

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm glad that Obi left a message for Qui-Gon and that he realized his own feeling concerning Anakin.

I would ask a question, but I know I won't receive an answer. :p ;) So, I just wait for the next post. ;)

This is really interesting, can't wait to see where you take it. :)

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Sniff* :( I am glad Obi sent a message to Qui at least. It did help Qui in that matter.

Poor Qui though...the Council was so bent out of shape and not wanting to 'meditate' on matters. Glad Yaddle spoke up.

Great chapter!

16. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Go Obi and Siri! :D

Poor Qui-Gon. now he's all alone to face the wrath of the counsel.

And what will happen now that he is alone to face Maul?!!

17. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Obi did the right thing. I hope Ani's mom could be freed from slavery.

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Siri training Anakin - what a great twist!

I wonder if Anakin will behave himself this time or drive them both crazy. :D

good job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    wow.. it is only in these kinds of storys that I really hate the council. Do you mind if I borrow them to knock some sense into them?[face_devil]

20. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Okay, The Council's decision to just take down Obi-Wan makes no sense. Obi-Wan's decision to simply leave without even waiting for their decision makes no sense.

I can't decide if this will produce a better result....or a worse one.

Wonder what a certain Sith Lord will make of all this.

21. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Oh my Force!!!! Yayness! I'm so excited there was more!!! So awesome.

I loved the bit about Qui-Gon telling the Council they were afraid.

Katana

22. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    This is really interesting!!!! What a great start indeed!
    I wonder if Obi-wan, Siri and Anakin will pop-up on Naboo to help Qui-Gon...
    I look forward reading more!!! SOON!

23. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    This is very interesting indeed. I can't wait to see how the rogue trio fare... I'm a bit sad for Qui though.. He was on their side, wasn't he? And still Obi had to run away from him, when he ran awa from the Council and the Jedi. And as for Siri.. blin.. nice going girl.. way to trust Obi.. liked it..

[Oliver_Twist_voice] More please..[/Oliver_Twist_voice]

24. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Star_Drifter: Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the floor for silence and spoke in a firm voice. ?Decided the Council has, considered a rogue Kenobi now is.?

Sic 'em, Qui-Gon!
    He's doing his best. :)

The Jedi Coucil needs to get "Force Glasses" so they can see what's really going on! Or maybe they need to be replaced.

What a great story!

Please tell me that you are going to continue this. I could picture updates of Siri, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, months, or even years apart to see how they are progressing.

Please, please, please!

*leaves pizza, cookies, ice cream, cake, and brownies as bribe*
    *Chuckles* Well, i'll do my best then. :)

bek: I'm glad that Obi left a message for Qui-Gon and that he realized his own feeling concerning Anakin. Me too :)

I would ask a question, but I know I won't receive an answer. So, I just wait for the next post. Now you've got me curious on what the question is, but your right, i won't answer it unless its in the post itself.

This is really interesting, can't wait to see where you take it. Thanks. :)

Kynstar: *Sniff* I am glad Obi sent a message to Qui at least. It did help Qui in that matter. and it will also keep Qui-Gon from doing something rash :D

Poor Qui though...the Council was so bent out of shape and not wanting to 'meditate' on matters. Glad Yaddle spoke up. Well someone had to help Qui a bit.

Great chapter! Thanks. :)

Errine23: Go Obi and Siri!

Poor Qui-Gon. now he's all alone to face the wrath of the counsel.
    Oh, I'm sure Qui will find someone to help back him up :)

And what will happen now that he is alone to face Maul?!! [face_mischief] Now if I told you that would spoil things.

Ladynaye: Obi did the right thing. I hope Ani's mom could be freed from slavery. Who says Shmi will be freed? [face_whistling]

KELIA: Obi-Wan and Siri training Anakin - what a great twist!

I wonder if Anakin will behave himself this time or drive them both crazy.
    That remains to be seen.

good job! Thanks. :)

Master_Talek: wow.. it is only in these kinds of storys that I really hate the council. Do you mind if I borrow them to knock some sense into them? Nope, because i have a plan that.......Oh, i really can't say because that will spoil everyone. :)

Arcalian: Okay, The Council's decision to just take down Obi-Wan makes no sense. Obi-Wan's decision to simply leave without even waiting for their decision makes no sense. Everyone has just gone crazy :p

I can't decide if this will produce a better result....or a worse one. That's the question isn't it?

Wonder what a certain Sith Lord will make of all this. hmmm, good question.

Jedi_Katana: Oh my Force!!!! Yayness! I'm so excited there was more!!! So awesome.

I loved the bit about Qui-Gon telling the Council they were afraid.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it. More is coming.

GEN_MASSIMO: This is really int

25. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very nice job, indeed. I liked how Obi-Wan was able to recognize the difference between labels and how our actions define us. The Council is definitely behaving oddly. Looks as if their fears and biases are clouding their judgement. Seems to me it was getting a bit 'dark' in those chambers. Great job. Looking forward to more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.