main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Secrets....Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-GonJinn1, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-GonJinn1

Qui-GonJinn1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2005
    Hi there everyone! This is a totally random idea; see if you can work out what will happen!
    =P~

Secrets part 1
    Obi-Wan Kenobi had lived a normal life until he had been knocked down by the speeder. He had been a normal 13-year-old, doing the normal things, thinking the normal thoughts. He had never once believed that he was what he truly was.

Indeed, he had grown up under the tender care of his father, Qui-Gon. They had lived in a seedy part of Courascant while Qui-Gon had worked and Obi-Wan had gone to school. Then Qui-Gon had lost his job and had become unable to keep Obi-Wan in school, so he had taught him from home. Obi-Wan had enjoyed that part of his life. His father had taught him well, and he now knew a lot more than he had used too.

The day had started quite simply as it normally did. The irritating ?beep, beep, beep? of his alarm clock had woken him at half past six from a nice rest, and he had switched it off with a press of his hand, rolled back over and endeavoured to go back to sleep. He had had fifteen minutes of relief, and then his father had come in, and shaken him to wake him up, and brought him breakfast. It was a Friday. Obi-Wan went to the Academy now, one of the top schools in the part of Courascant of which he lived in. he had passed a tough exam to get in, and had been over the moon when he had got the marks he needed. But he had not realised that getting up an hour earlier than he had used to with Qui-Gon could be so difficult. His father was very good; he was always up when Obi-Wan's alarm went off; on the days when Obi-Wan could be bothered to get up at half six, his father was always in the kitchen next door, either making breakfast or having his own, reading the newspaper.

Obi-Wan got up, and ate the breakfast Qui-Gon had brought in for him, a bowl of dry cereal and some orange juice. It was a half day at school, and that meant that Obi-Wan missed maths and the two languages he was studying; a great bonus to mark the start of the half term break! he thought delightedly as he packed his bag and got ready to go to school, putting on the green and blue uniform and collecting his lunch.

Then he had said good bye to Qui-Gon, who had given him a hug and told him to look after himself, the same as always, and then Obi-Wan left their apartment and walked out onto the busy roads outside.

Obi-Wan caught the speeder service to school from his stop a mile away, and he had to run to be in time. Thanks to that he found running in physical education easy, and was the envy of most of his class, even though he did not actually like PE. Obi-Wan preferred geography or English, or at a long shot maths. He hated languages, and art, because he could not draw and had none of his father?s talent for picking up languages as quickly as he had picked up the standard English. They were different, but oh so alike at the core. Qui-Gon was in love with life and happy where he was; Obi-Wan was too, and wanted to help the universe at times. Qui-Gon, more reserved, always gave his view when there was a debate on in the paper or on the comlink television in the room, no matter what it was about. Obi-Wan had smiled to him as he thought about his master?s comments on gambling last night.

?Gambling is play time for the brain-dead. Only the brain-dead can succeed at it.? He had said softly.

?Oh, so that explains how you are so brilliant at it then!? Obi-Wan had replied, and had earned a gentle pinch above his elbow. He stopped outside the speeder shelter, ignoring the shouts and cries from inside at his arrival. His father always told him to ignore verbal abuse; sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. They are only words, after all. When Obi-Wan came home subdues from the taunting, his father was always there to give him a hug and make everything all right again. Obi-Wan could never trade his father for anything, not even the universe. His father held his lie together, since he had never known his mother.

Qui-Gon had ne

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I like your approach to the relatioship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan! :) It's a different perspective. I do hope you continue this. ;)

3. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Hmmmm... Qui-Gon as Obi-Wan's father, and neither of them Jedi...

This could be very interesting! :D

More, please! [face_batting]

4. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    [:D] Thank you for all the kind messages!

I hope that you think the idea is good!
    next post

Sercrets Part 2
    The day ended pretty much like it salways did, and Obi-Wan walked out fo school. he was surprised to see Qui-Gon standing by the gate, arms folded, watching and waiting for him. Most people were whispering about him,whispers of admiration. Obi-Wan smiled to himself. No one knew who he was, so when Obi-Wan rushed over to him witha joyful cry of "Father!", he guessed that everyone was astonished. Qui-Gon smiled at him, and gave him a hug. "Hello. good day?"

But Obi-Wan was far past that. "Why are you here?" he asked softly.

"Let off early this afternoon." Qui-Gon worked as an accountant in the bank: he did not enjoy his job but could not afford to quit either. Instead he bore with it for a while and tried to concentarte on having a good life, with his son.

Obi-Wan wanted to go into town, because his 13th birthday was in a week and he wanted to find some stuff to buy. They never really celebrated birthdays; Qui-Gon's was a thing of the past; "It reminds me that I am a year older, something I would rather forget, at my age thank you."

Obi-Wan found that funny, and as his father repeated it now, he laughed. Dumping his heavy bag in Qui-Gon's arms, he walked in front, gabbling incessantly about anything andverything, while Qui-Gon endeavoured to listen and make sensible comments in sensible places.

And then it happened. Obi-Wan had glanced across the space lane before he had crossed, looking from side to side and listening. He had been half way across when Qui-Gon had shouted: "Obi-Wan!"
    Then something hard with incredible power hit him in his waist and sent him sprawling across onto the other side of the road.

He could not feel his legs, everything had gone numb and blackness was closing in on him. He tried to breathe, and that sent his head spinning.

Then a warm hand clasped over his, and a voice cried his name: "Obi-Wan....."

That's it I'm afraid.
    [face_alien_1]
    Again please excuse my spelling; it is probably not very good.

Thanks for reading!
    8-}

5. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Poor Obi-Wan! This definitely sounds like trouble for him if he can't feel his legs!

[face_worried]

Please post more soon! [face_praying]

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    OMG!!! :eek: Is Obi okay? [face_worried] I hope he is.

Are you still working on your first story? I like that one too.:)

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaahhh nooo! Obi-Wan! I hope he's going to be okay! [face_worried]

I like the idea of Qui and Obi as father and son, but I wonder why they're not Jedi. :confused: Hmm... And are they really related or not?

I look forward to finding out more, this is a great start to your story! More soon please! [face_batting]

8. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Thank you for all the kind comments! [face_love]

I have a new post....

Secrets
    Obi-Wan lay on the road, trying to calm his reeling mind as he steadied his breathing. He was in such pain, and then a warmth flowed inside his body. He jerked, and was cuaght gently by his father who eased his movement and calmed his soul.
    "W-w-what was that?" he asked softly, meaning the warmth that had gone through him.
    He heard his father take abreath above him.
    Qui-Gon realised what his son has felt, and guessed that he would have to say what had been coming for a long time. "I have something to tell you, Obi-Wan. You can hate me all you wnat when I have finished, but let me finish first." Qui-Gon said softly, letting his son shift in his lap until he was comfortable and then taking a deep breath.
    "I'm not your father, Obi-Wan. There is no blood relation between us." He said, running a gentle hand over Obi-Wan's forehead.
    Obi-Wan reatced by stiffening and looking at his father, the only man he had known with bewildered eyes. "But..." How could that be? he had been with his father since he had been tiny!
    "Obi-Wan, you're a jedi." Qui-Gon stated. before his son continued, he asked: "Hear me out?" nad the boy nodded and quietened even though he was VERY CONFUSED.
    "You're a jedi and so am I. I know what this will sound like, Obi-Wan...and you can be angry with me for lying to you for this long, but I had to do it. I was on a mission, fifteen years ago. On that mission, i lost the power of the Force..."

I is going to leave this on a cliff hanger for all you fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [face_devil]
    C U l8r!

[face_flag] Supporting the sister city [face_flag]

9. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Ooooh, what an interesting story! :D

I do hope Obi-Wan will be alright, although it doesn't seem like he will be...uh oh... [face_worried]

and oh dear, what happened with Qui-Gon and his mission? why does it involve Obi-Wan?
    and how was he allowed to take Obi-Wan with him? did the boy lose his force connection too?

can't wait to find out! [face_dancing]

10. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Oooh! An update! *does happy dance* [face_dancing]

"You're a jedi and so am I. I know what this will sound like, Obi-Wan...and you can be angry with me for lying to you for this long, but I had to do it. I was on a mission, fifteen years ago. On that mission, i lost the power of the Force..."

The plot is getting thicker! :D

[face_thinking] What could have happened to make Qui-Gon lose the power of the Force?

Is Obi-Wan going to be alright. and will he forgive Qui-Gon for not telling him the truth? [face_worried]

I can't wait to find out! [face_batting]

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I can't believe I missed a post! [face_frustrated] Well, good news is it gave me more to read! :D

:eek: Wonder what the rest of the story is...and will Obi-Wan forgive him for lying to him and will they still be able to be a family as they have been. Too many questions...

Can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating take on my fave Jedi. I look forward to more.

13. LilQui-Gon

Jul 29, 2004
    Not only you left me with a chliff hanger, you also left me with a broken heart. :_| :_| Update soon!!! :_|

14. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    I'm back!
    Hee hee hee, thanks for all the comments; i sense that there are a lot of Qui-Gon fans out there! Well, why not?
    Anyways, I have a new part to give to you.....
    What will happen to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon?
    How did the Jedi Master become impaired?
    Will Obi-Wan choose to become a Jedi?
    We find out......

Secrets
    Obi-Wan stared at his father in shock. How could that have happened? He knew of the Jedi, his father had always let him read the legends, and to lose the power of the Force was aupposed to be one of the worst things that could happen!
    How? He wondered.
    But Qui-Gon had gone into a reverie.

Qui-Gon was running. Running away from the people who had his lightsabre and knew how to use it. he wished that he had an apprentice-but Xanatos had deserted him. probably to help these people. He swerved off into the trees and stood for a second, trying to catch his breath. But they were coming, coming closer and closer...

Ha another cliffhanger!
    [face_devil] [face_coffee] I is having some tea! Bye bye!

15. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    "Qui-Gon was running. Running away from the people who had his lightsabre and knew how to use it... He swerved off into the trees and stood for a second, trying to catch his breath. But they were coming, coming closer and closer...

Another evil cliffhanger! :_|

My nails are getting worn down from hanging on! Can't hold on...much longer...

Oh, no! :eek: Ahhhhhhhh.......

*clunk*

16. LilQui-Gon

Jul 29, 2004
    Oh that was too short! Your killing me! [face_skull] I want more!

17. rubber_band

rubber_band Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    :eek: please continue soon the suspense is killing me

18. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Hello....
    Right, you probably don't remember this fic either, but I thought I would finish it anyways...
    And once again, thanks for all the kind comments!

Qui-Gon was running. Running away from the people who had his lightsabre and knew how to use it. he wished that he had an apprentice-but Xanatos had deserted him. probably to help these people. He swerved off into the trees and stood for a second, trying to catch his breath. But they were coming, coming closer and closer...Something hit him hard in the back, knocking him to the floor and unconscious.

When he had woken up in the Jedi Temple Healer?s Ward some weeks later, feeling very sick and unwell, he had known that something was wrong. It had been obvious in the sad looks that regarded him from the doctors. Something bad had happened. His first thought was Xantos. Had something happened to him? Not that he cared about the boy who had deserted him, of course.
    ?Ah, Qui-Gon, you?re awake.? The head doctor said to him quietly as qui-gon sat up, ignoring the pain in his head. ?What?s wrong??
    ?We don?t know how to tell you.?
    ?Just tell me,? Qui-Gon barely avoided swearing at the Doctor in his worry.
    ?We?we are afraid you have lost your Force sensitivity.?
    Qui-Gon paled, and the doctor took that as confusion. ?You don?t have a connection to the Force.?

Obi-Wan tugged on his father?s?no, not his father?s any more, he had said that they weren?t father and son. So it was now just Qui-Gon. He couldn?t believe that. ?Daddy?? He murmured his father?s favourite term of affection, and qui-gon looked down at him with a smile, breaking out of his thoughts. ?So, there you are then. Not a great Dad or Jedi either.?
    ?You were fine to me.? Obi-Wan smiled, ?So?.So how did you end up with me??
    Qui-Gon chose that moment to look at his watch, ?Oh goodness, look at the time. Come on Obi-Wan, time for tea and then bed.?
    ?But??
    ?No buts, young one.?
    ?Daddy?you really want me to stay up!?
    ?Do I?? Qui-Gon said lightly, picking obi-wan up into his arms. ?And what are you gonna do about it now, considering you are far too weak to do anything yourself.?
    Obi-Wan pressed his head against his shoulder with a sleepy grin, ?I?ll find something.?
    A few seconds later he was fast asleep.

This is not the end by the way......I have an idea for what will happen next. I'll hint if you like:
    It's something I like to do to one of my characters very much!

See you later!

19. LilQui-Gon

Jul 29, 2004
    :D :D Update soon! :D :D

20. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Yay! People remembered it!

It's probably not very good anymore....

I will try to update more, I promise!

21. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

What do you like doing to one of your characters!

Could it be pain and angst all the ingredients
    for a great story.[face_devil] :D

I'm in I will read it.[face_dancing]

22. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Thank you soo much!
    Oh yeah, I just love torturing both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Very fun!

23. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    That was different and.......

I really liked it!:)

Please let there be more soon!:)

And please let me know when you update this stroy I would really like to read more of it. :)

Good job and keep on writing can't wait to see more.:) =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.