main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Another Path: AU (Ben Kenobi the bounty hunter! Obi/Siri)*update 8/20! (Clone Wars begin!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiriKenobi12, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Title: Another Path

Author:SiriKenobi12

Summary: "What of Obi Wan's Jedi training? All of that lost. What would the boy become? Would he become a lost, neutral warrior for hire? Would he use the Force for darkness, like Qui Gon's old apprentice?" A major AU story taking place after Jedi Apprentice #3, but does destiny still have a way of working out in the end?

Disclaimer: As usual I do not own anything Star Wars or Star Wars related, sadly I make no money off my stories.

Author's note: Ok folks, I am sorry to everyone who is reading "Knighting Ceremony" I for some reason am not having much luck with that story at the moment, but I will finish it I promise eventually. I have had this story idea in my head for over a year but it really didn't come into story form until now, so I hope it works. Please review and let me know, and bare with the prolouge it will be shorter than the other chapters. Also bear with the spelling and grammar as usual, because all I have on my computer is word pad.

Prolouge:

Would he use the Force for darkness, like Qui Gon's old apprentice, Xanatos?

He did not believe that could happen. He would not believe it. If Obi Wan had lost his memory, surely he would still retain his goodness.

Yes, Qui Gon was full of worry. But he was also heart broken. The boy he knew was gone; the diligent boy, so curious and intent on knowledge, the quick study, the boy who wanted to learn. Qui Gon refused to believe that all was gone. No. He had to hope that somehow the memory wipe would be reversible, if he could find Obi Wan.

The last anybody had seen any trace of Obi Wan Kenobi was footage taken from a probe droid that the Syndicat guards had set to follow the young Jedi apprentice after his memory had been completely erased.

Qui Gon Jinn along with four master/padawan teams which included Jedi Council member Adi Gallia and her new apprentice Siri Tachi combed the planet of Gala for the better part of three weeks and found nothing. The Jedi Council although concerned for the apprentice knew that after so much time the possibility of finding him became more and more unlikely and after the third week called back the teams.

The distraught master was hell bent however on continuing his search but after a month and a half of no trace of Obi Wan the Council was able to convince Qui Gon to return home and a memorial service was held for the lost padawan.

In the west wing of the Jedi Temple the small service was held. Teachers, Council members, fellow padawans all came to pay their last respects to Obi Wan Kenobi. Since no body was ever found a small fire was set to commemorate his spirit becoming one with the Force. All were in a very somber tone with the exception of a small group of children about Obi Wan's age.

"I don't get what the big deal is, he was supposed to go to the Agri Corps anyways?it's not like we lost anything." Bruck Chun whispered to the boy and girl standing next to him.

"I heard even master Yoda locked himself in his meditation chambers for three days after they called off the search." Aalto added with a scoff.

"Aren?t the masters the ones who teach us to move on? To let things go?" Bruck leaned against the back wall, crossing his arms over his chest watching the ceremony unfold.

The blonde girl standing next to him glanced around the room and focused on a group of three padawans huddled together trying not to cry. Her gaze fell directly on the Mon Calamari girl and her heart broke. "Like you're one to talk Bruck, you never let anything go." Siri turned towards her new master.

"I think Tachi here is showing her true feelings for old Ofy-Wan." Aalto laughed and Bruck gave Siri a hard stare.

Siri rolled her eyes and headed towards her master. Adi Gallia sensed her apprentice heading towards her; she glanced down at the young girl. Before Adi could say anything a loud sob broke through the silent room and the Calamari girl rushed out, leaving her friends behind.

"Padawan, I am going to go check up on Master Jinn." Adi kept her

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    =D= =D= =D= =D= Great job with the characterization. You did such an amazing job. Bravo!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looking forward to more!

4. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you to both the Vader girls! I'm glad you both enjoyed the first part!

5. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
  6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Glad to see you've started posting this here. :)

I'm looking forward to more of this story. :D

7. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you so much Jedikma! I'm so very glad that you like this story because you are such a talented writer yourself. I promise to finally finish this story.

8. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

Very interesting! I want to read more! :D

Thanks SiriKenobi12, for your response to my review of your other story! [face_blush]

9. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I'm intrigued...there are so many ways this could turn out. I can't wait to see what happens next.

10. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    I promise next chapter will be up soon...work got busy again. :oops:

11. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Chapter 1: (twelve years later)

The tree branches felt like shards of glass scratching his face as he quickened his pace. He dared not turn to see if his pursuer was able to follow him through the dense forest. Don Serro ducked behind one of the large trees to catch his breath. The politician wondered what had gone wrong in his life to get him in this situation. He had been the governor of the planet Deepit for three standard years now and had been the man placed solely in charge of preserving the planet's national forest from being torn down to make room for the ever growing mining colony that had come over from Nar Shaddaa.

He found that his proposal had created several enemies, obviously dangerous ones at that because the Governor now found himself running for his life through the very forest he was trying to protect. He held his breath as the sound of snapping twigs broke the chilling silence, he could make out the gait of the heavy hooves that belonged to the creature that was perusing him. Don Serro peeked around the tree and stared at the large animal that he could hardly make out because of its dark coloring.

The beast stood eight feet tall on four massive legs. Its long white mane and tail was the only thing that gave the creature's position away as it gleamed in the moonlight. The other distinguishing feature on the animal was two long horns on it's forehead that curved upwards into a sharp point, all of these features told Serro that he was looking at a Lusian, a very strong and very powerful creature. The politician's eyes strained through the darkness to watch the creature then grew frightened when he noticed the saddle was empty.

Serro drew in his last breath as he felt a searing pain running through his back and within the same beat two large hands grabbed both sides of his head and in one swift movement broke his neck. The body of the Governor from the planet Deepit fell to the mud at the hairy feet of the creature that had been chasing him.

The large hands belonged to a man dressed in silver and blue armor complete with a silver helmet that covered his face. With one look at this warrior one would be able to tell that he was strong and agile. The assassin removed his helmet letting the wind blow through his ginger hair that was cropped short in the style of a soldier with the exception of a long, thin braid behind his right ear.

He bent down next to the dead man's body and felt for a pulse. Suddenly a light caught his attention and he scanned the body and found a comlink with a tracer. "Damn," the dark figure exclaimed, rising to his feet and pulling on his helmet. He walked up to the Lusian who stared at him as he grabbed a large blaster off the saddle.

"Looks like we get a bonus tonight Childon," The bounty hunter said in a deep accented voice while stroking the creature's mane. "You know the drill." The lusian neighed as if he understood his owner's words. The dark figure then headed for the cover of the trees, he climbed the nearest one and hid beneath its branches, waiting to strike.

The light in the distance came in the form of a glow rod, accompanied by six large men wearing uniforms that the bounty hunter recognized as Senate police. The six officers noticed the large lusian and ran towards it. When they reached the creature they then found the body of the slain Governor. The captain knelt down and checked the vital signs and shook his head when he found none. He then commanded four of his men to search for the murderer while he and his partner took care of finding evidence on the body.

The hunter watched the police carefully, preparing to make his move. Suddenly the lusian began to rear on his hind legs, creating a disturbance. "Control that animal!" The captain exclaimed as three of the men tried to restrain the upset lusian.

The predator stalked his prey silently and the officer was dead before he knew what hit him with a blast to through the heart. The assassin sniped two more guards within one beat, moving onto the others with the speed of a Nexu. He s

12. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
  13. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    [face_dancing] Will dance for reviews!

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    aaaaah! no fair to leave the story there! now i'm going to be waiting anxiously to find out what happens when ben goes to naboo to try to kill padme, and runs into siri and qui-gon.

oh and ew! bruck and siri... how sad and icky...

15. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you for reviewing! and as promised... [face_dancing] I know I'm so evil leaving the chapter there, and having Siri and Bruck...wow, I'm just mean. [face_devil]

Next chapter will be up soon.

16. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
  17. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    hey, new story! sorry i missed it the first time.[face_blush] This is really good, but you can't just leave it off there! I want more!!! keep it going!:)

18. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Good story.

19. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you! Update coming soon!

20. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_worried] i see no update! [face_worried]

21. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Can't wait for an update. I wonder if Siri and Qui-Gon will meet up with "Ben" (If that's his real name.;)I think it might be Obi-Wan.

22. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Chapter 2: (Theed)

?Jar Jar?s on his way to the Gungan city Qui Gon.? Siri Tachi softly stated as she walked up behind the taller Jedi. She noticed he was immersed in feeling the living Force. ?Do you think the Queen?s idea will work?? She asked.

?The Gungan?s will not be easily swayed.? Qui Gon Jinn answered. ?And we cannot use our power to help her.?

Siri nodded in understanding, it wasn?t a full out command, but it was an order none the less. The two Jedi sat in silence for a moment before Siri hesitated to speak.

?I?m sorry if I offended you when I called you Master before?I just didn?t know.?

Qui Gon looked down at the young woman and offered a small smile. ?It?s alright Siri; I sometimes forget that to a padawan I am technically a master.? He sighed. ?I just don?t really feel like one at times.? He admitted and took Siri by surprise with his candidness.

?Well for what its worth there are still many padawans who wished they could?ve been your apprentice.? Siri attempted to help the situation. ?Even after what happened to Obi?? She stopped herself suddenly.

?Obi Wan,? Qui Gon finished for her. ?It?s alright; you can say his name in my presence.?

Siri cleared her throat. ?I wasn?t sure; I mean no one ever mentions his name.?

?Ever,?

Siri shook her head. ?No, it?s almost as if he?s become some sort of legend or ghost story, to this day no one openly talks about him, at least not that I?ve heard.?

Qui Gon looked troubled. ?Not even his friends? I know he had friends.?

The young woman continued to shake her head. ?I believe his friends have done the same thing as you?? She looked up at him. ?Kept busy to try to forget the loss so that way they can move on,?

?I guess this could be considered my fault.?

Siri looked out to the lake stretched out before her, the morning fog giving it an eerie feel. ?With all due respect master, aren?t we taught that nothing happens by accident in the Force? Perhaps Obi Wan was meant to lose his memory.?

?Yes we are taught that Siri, a good Jedi lesson.? Qui Gon sighed. ?But answer me this question, why would the Force want a child to wake up alone with no memory of who or what he is??

Siri thought for a moment, afraid to give the wrong answer. ?Maybe he forgot who he was so that he could become something greater.? She met his gaze. ?I don?t know Mas?Qui Gon.?

?I guess we?ll never find out the answer to this question.? Qui Gon hung his head sadly.

Siri reached out and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. ?For what it?s worth, I never thought we should?ve given up looking for him.?

Qui Gon couldn?t help but smile. ?Your remind me of someone.? He stated and Siri looked at him, confused. ?I can certainly tell who trained you.?

Sir turned away, she could feel herself blushing and she hated that. ?Well Master Gallia is an excellent teacher.?

?A great teacher is not the only thing that makes a great knight.?
    ( )

?You?re late.? Nute Gunray stated shaking a long finger towards a man dressed in silver and blue armor. ?The battle has been brought to our doorsteps because you weren?t there to take her out.?

?Jaster just gave me the message; I came as quickly as I could.? Ben explained, in a menacing voice. ?I promise you I will get the job done.? He then turned to leave.

?Forget it, I?m not paying.? Gunray snapped, causing the bounty hunter to stop in his tracks. ?Besides you are too late, there is already someone else who will finish the job.?

Ben turned around and stared at the Viceroy through his mask. ?Someone else,? He pulled out one of his small blasters and aimed it at the leader of the Trade Federation. ?You went behind our backs and hired someone else??

Nute Gunray felt his knees shaking. ?No it?s not like that, the Trade Federation would never go against Jaster?it?s a Sith Lord!?

Ben stopped, keeping his gun aimed. ?A Sith, you expect me to believe in an old legend that was made up to keep children from doing wrong things?? He strode up to the Viceroy and grabbed him by his expensive robe.

?It?s true,

23. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
  24. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    That was a great post! I can't wait to see where this leads. =D=

Don't worry, the reviews will come.

25. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    By the Force! That was AMAZING! You know the phrase "I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding" well, I've always doubted how true that could be, but now, oh NOW, I can believe it! It really does happen!!!

Amazing concept! I loved the ending- Qui Gon's emotion for Obi Wan was brilliant and very well brought out. Well I could carry on gushing, but I'll stop now and wait for the next chapter to gush some more ;)

If you can, could you PM me with the next update, since I wouldn't want to miss it! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.