main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Swimming is for Grown-ups (Mace/Xan/Yoda/Yaddle/Qui-Gon) - fluff

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Title: Swimming is for grown-ups
    Author: dianethx
    Genre: Warning! I'm in a very silly mode. Humor, I guess.
    Summary: Xanatos and Mace Windu find out that swimming isn't always about getting wet.
    Timeframe: pre Jedi Apprentice, Mace is 8 years old; Xanatos is 9.
    Characters: Mace Windu, Xanatos duCrion, Yoda, Yaddle, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Notes: I was dared to write Yoda mush. For some reason, it wouldn't let me alone. So now I'm inflicting it on you.
    I'm also experimenting with a dialogue-only story. I've been told that sometimes I use too much description so I'm trying something new. Sorry about the mess...

"Hey, Xan, let's go for a swim before class. The water looks great."

"Swim? In the lake? Mace.... errr, I don't think it's a good idea right now."

"Why, you too scared to jump into that cold water and mess up your hair?"

"Better to have hair than none, squirt."

"Hey, a bald head is considered to be very Masterly."

"Not on an eight year old, it isn't."

"And your freaky long hair makes you look like a girl."

"I take it back, oh great Master Windus-an-idiot. Go! Jump in the lake. Enjoy yourself."

"All right, all right, calm down, Xan. I don't want to swim alone. It's no fun."

"I'm not going in, Mace. Not even for you."

"But... Hey, wait a second, isn't that Master Yoda over there? In the water?"

"Yeah."

"What's he doing here? He never swims in the lake."

"Well, I guess he's swimming today."

"Okay, Xan, spill it. You know something, something big and you're going to tell me. Right now! Why is Master Yoda here? Why won't you go in the water? What's going on?"

"Shut up, you idiot, he'll hear. Those big green ears of his can hear anything."

"Okay, okay, I'll keep it down. But you know something."

"I don't know nothing."

"Xan, when you start doing that, you are hiding something. Now tell me."

"All right, all right, keep your wig on. Master Yaddle was in the lake earlier."

"So, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Mace, have you had the non-human reproduction class yet?"

"No, Xan, that's next year. Why? Are you telling me that Master Yaddle is reproducing in the lake? Even you wouldn't tell a lie that big."

"Ummmmm...it's not a lie."

"Master Yaddle is.... Xan, you've got to be kidding me. That's disgusting. In the lake???? That's...."

"Mace, that isn't the worst of it."

"Why am I not surprised?"

"She's amphibious, just like Master Yoda. She lays eggs and they get fertilized later."

"Oh, are you telling me now that there are eggs in the water?"

"Yeah..."

"Right now, in the Temple lake?"

"Yeah."

"That I almost went swimming in?"

"Yeah."

"Disgusting."

"Mace, it gets worse."

"Xan, how could it get any worse?"

"Master Yoda is swimming in the lake. Right now."

"So?"

'Master Yoda is the same species as Master Yaddle. She's got eggs and he's ... Well, he is male."

"Kriff, no. Xan, you can't be saying what I think you are saying. Are you telling me that Master Yoda, head of the Jedi and the wisest of the wise, is.... is fertilizing her eggs?"

"Yeah."

"Right now????"

"Yeah."

"Oh, that's... that's... yuck!"

"You see why I didn't want you to go swimming."

"I sure do. You are a life-saver, Xan. I owe you for this."

"Keep it down. Look, Master Yaddle is over by that tree, watching her boyfriend doing his thing."

"Xan, that's even more disgusting. Do you think they do this a lot?"

"I don't know but I bet we can find out."

"How?"

"Mace, you and I are going to go a little bit closer and listen in."

"That's against the Code."

"And having sex in the Temple lake isn't?"

'Well.... okay but we have to be quiet as Terrelian fieldmites."

"Mace, have I ever told you that you are really weird?"

"Hey, you're not much better. Now be quiet."

"Xan, did you hear that?"

"I didn't hear anything."

"Maybe they are, you know, doing stuff."

"Ma

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another story indeed! I loved it! You write fluff and mush so well, I think we're going to demand more of it! [face_devil]

3. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That was really wierd, but I get the title now. Poor Qui Gon getting all embarassed.

'Yodakins' that had my jaw on the floor, that's just strange

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Keep it down. Look, Master Yaddle is over by that tree, watching her boyfriend doing his thing."

[face_laugh]

Sex lake.

Hilarious. And the ending was priceless.

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    My goodness, I think I had to wipe away a tear. Of laughter.

Wonderful! Write more mush! (Just no more about the sex lake, please. ::shudders::)

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Diane that was so wonderful! I laughed so hard my husband came to see what I was laughing at..... :p

That was brilliant! Just what I needed after a hard day! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][:D]

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "So Master Jinn, then you have had sex in the lake."

"No, not there."

"Then you have had sex."

"Young one, is there a reason for asking this very personal question?"

You should have just left it at "No" Qui-Gon. Diane, most wonderful fluff.

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002

[face_laugh]

Sexlake! That was hilarious Diane! I do still have a hard time imagining those two being the same age for some reason.8-}

I love that Xan is the instigator in both of these and that he has a normal friendship with Mace. :)

9. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hilarious, Diane!!!

Sex lake. [face_laugh]

I liked the opening where they are talking about each other's hair, or lack there of. [face_laugh]

10. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Good grief. [face_laugh] For someone who supposedly loves description more, you certainly write all- dialogue stuff very well. Yadakins! Jinnypie! [face_laugh] Great conversation...and the way it all ended with them being good friends until certain events happened. :D

Bravo! =D=

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    OH MY!!! [face_laugh] Those two spying on Yoda and Yaddle!! That's juz so hilarious! I thought the whole 'sex lake' bit was great too! Poor Qui...

Wonderful job! I sooo needed that laugh tonight! [:D] Thanks!

12. Desert_Flower

Desert_Flower Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Sex lake [face_laugh]

But, I think my favorite part was Qui-Gon being questioned about sex by Mace and Xanatos.

You know, I have enjoyed these two stories with Mace and Xanatos together as kids. Never occured to me before. It would be interesting to see if their antics continued as teenagers. [face_whistling]

13. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Jinnypie almost needed his saber to deflect those questions.
    Yoda...what can be said
    This was funny![face_laugh]

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
  15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my goodness, that was hysterical

The Sex Lake!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very well done

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

16. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    You need to do more humor. [face_laugh]

The idea of red-faced Qui-Gon going to yell at Yoda and Yaddle - hee hee! And sex lake. It's amazing what ideas just keep nagging at you until you get them out.

17. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    This one had me laughing - wonderful!!

[face_laugh]

18. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Some of my favorite Lines (I had a lot more, but I didn't want my post to be too long...

"And having sex in the Temple lake isn't?"

"Not exactly, Xanatos. Jedi are not allowed to have attachments. It says nothing in the Code about having sex, just attachment. Although the slobbery names are disturbing... especially those names."

"I don't think..... sex lake?"

"But did you hear what Master Yaddle called him? Her big Jinnypie! That's worse than Yodakins. Do all the Masters call each other stupid names?"

"Friends forever, Master Xanatos duCrion."

And so they were.

Well, until the whole Telos thing and Xanatos turning to the Darkside and Mace losing his best friend and deciding that maybe, just maybe, being the youngest member of the Jedi Council wasn't so bad. But that's another story.

All in all wonderfully done!

I hope we can expect more Yoda Fluff in the Future from you! :p

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    VaderLRV64 Mush indeed. Glad you liked it. More fluff - we shall see!

Black_Scout Yes, it was weird but I'm happy you got the title. Poor Qui-Gon indeed. Thanks for stopping by.

LE Gotta love the sex lake. Thanks about the ending. It took me a while. :D

maychlorian More mush? Eventually. Now I have to get back to doom and gloom. What no more sex lake? LOL. Thanks.

Layren Glad you enjoyed it. I was having a wonderful time just picturing those two and how they were embarrassed by the thoughts of adults doing adulty things. Thanks.

Leona Yes, he should have but I just couldn't resist him saying it, especially after that discussion we had over on the Qui-Gon thread....LOL. Thanks.

OE Sex lake indeed. I think that Mace and Xan are perfect together - the mischievious brilliant one and the more staid, following-the-Code sidekick. Xan would like having a friend like that, I think, just to get into trouble with. Glad you liked it.

kma I also like the hair bit. I can just picture poor Mace with a bald head and trying to fit in. LOL. Thanks

P_A Thanks. It was really hard to not write description after I'd finished the dialogue. I really like writing these two. They seem to fit together somehow - a balance, if you will. LOL. Thanks for dropping in.

Kynstar I'm glad you liked it. I figured little kids would think of it as a sex lake. After all, if one Master can do it, they must all be doing it in the lake, right? :D

Desert_Flower I loved making Qui-Gon all embarrassed about the sex and being questioned by the kids. I also enjoyed writing these two. It made a lot of sense once I realised that they were only a year apart in age. They probably would have known each other. Plus later they were be Padawans to Yoda and Qui-Gon, a kind of family relationship.
    As for teenagers, I'm not sure. I figure Xan would start to get some bad habits as a teen and Mace would not approve. But at this age, they are fun to write.
    Thanks.

TRADMIC Jinnypie...LOL. You are right. He wasn't too happy about the questions. Glad you enjoyed it.

KELIA I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I did love writing about the sex lake. LOL. Thanks for dropping by.

Mousche I need to do more humor??? Thanks.[face_batting] I did enjoy writing Qui-Gon's role in all this. Plus I just had to make Yoda rather silly. LOL. Thanks for commenting.

Qui-Gina-Jinn Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Yodan LOL. I loved some of those lines myself, especially the Yodakins line. LOL. The kids would be disgusted by the whole thing.
    As for writing more Yoda fluff, I'm not so sure about that. I'm known for not liking him too much but if a plot bunny comes up and bites me on the ankle, I'd have to write it.
    Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed it. :D

20. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    <<"Well, I.... well, I... I think it would be best to discuss this with your own Masters."

"But we don't have any, Master Jinn, and since you are here and go swimming in the sex lake so much, I figured you would know."

"I don't think..... sex lake?"

"Yeah, since Master Yoda and Yaddle are doing it, we figured it was something all you Masters did. In the lake. Right?"

"Young ones, you are misinformed."
    >>

*Quotes and falls over laughing, speechless*

I'm going to have nightmares for a month. Reproducing in the lake indeed. All Masters. Oh my. :eek:

21. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] I really like these young Mace and Xan stories. :D Poor Qui, interrogated by those two. Great job writing the dialogue!

22. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I have replied yet? I must be getting senile!

[face_laugh] This one had me in hysterics. I love seeing the amusing side of Xan - Mace too.

Many thumbs up!

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Fluff-Slayer Glad you enjoyed it. Sex lake, indeed. LOL. Thanks.:p

Jedi_Tigris I'm so happy you liked the two stories about Xan and Mace. I had a great time writing them. Thanks for stopping by. :D

corellian-jedi I'm thrilled that you were in hysterics. Oh, thanks for the many thumbs up. [face_batting]

24. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    I meant wierd in a good way, as in amusing wierd. It must be my Britishness.

When I read your reply I realised it might seem like a bit of a nasty reply on my part.

So I really did like it just so you don't get the wrong impression :D

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Black_Scout - Don't worry about it. I knew what you meant! But thanks for clarifying.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.