main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Those Pesky Hiccups--Qui/Obi JA viggie--Author replies 9/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bastet, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Title: Those Pesky Hiccups (JA viggie)
    Timeframe: Uh, Obi is 14
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Mace, random others
    Genre: Random humor, and some, uh, Obi-torture ;)
    Disclaimer: George Lucas and co. own everything and everyone
    Note: Okay, so I was trying to work on my long and angsty story that?s probably going to take me years to finish (my bio has more details of that), and then this bunny here snuck up behind me and bit my poor unsuspecting self the other day. And it bit me so hard that I had to write this before I could move on. Strange, I thought my bunny-well had dried up long ago?
    I apologize if this idea has been done before, but hopefully this is different enough to still be enjoyable, and is not too boring. So?enjoy!

Those Pesky Hiccups

It had all started just after breakfast one morning. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were enjoying some rare down-time at the Temple, having just completed another grueling mission. Qui-Gon had cooked breakfast while he let his apprentice sleep in a little, they had arrived on Coruscant late last night, and the boy had been practically dead on his feet by the time they arrived back in their own quarters. Being in a very good mood today for some reason, the big Jedi had prepared all sorts of delicious dishes, feeling that his Padawan deserved a little indulgence every now and again. And breakfast was delicious: peppered huveri egg omelet, Kamlian puff-cakes, Alderaanian sausage patties, and stuffed cheese toast.

?Wow, Master, that was the best breakfast I?ve ever had!? Obi-Wan said enthusiastically after he finished eating in record time.

Qui-Gon smiled back at his apprentice, amused at the adoring look the boy had turned on him. He also noticed he had cream and a bit of cheese stuck on his face. He handed the boy a napkin.

?Oh, sorry,? Obi-Wan said, quickly wiping his face. ?Can we have this again tomorrow?? he blurted out, big blue eyes looking hopeful.

Qui-Gon chuckled. ?I?m glad you liked it so much, Padawan, but I don?t think it would be a good idea to have this everyday. There?s your boyish figure to think about.?

?Aww, Master, I?m too young to worry about that,? Obi-Wan said, poking his lower lip out in a mock pout.

Qui-Gon chuckled again. He was about to say something else when a strange noise suddenly emanated from his apprentice.

Hic.

?Oh no, I hate hiccups!? Obi-Wan lamented. ?The last time I had them, hic, they lasted for an hour! It was awful!?

Hic.

Qui-Gon smiled at the look of dismay on the young teenager?s face. ?Don?t worry, Obi-Wan,? he soothed, ?we can get rid of those easily. Let?s clear the table first, though.?

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan replied, dutifully gathering dishes up and following Qui-Gon to the kitchen.

Hic.

After putting the dishes in the cleaning unit, Qui-Gon retrieved a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with water. ?All you have to do is drink a glass of water upside-down and they?ll be gone in no time.?

?But Master, hic, how am I supposed to do that?? Obi-Wan asked, confused but earnest, always the eager-to-learn young Jedi.

Hic.

?Simple, Padawan,? Qui-Gon replied. ?Here, lean way over the sink, and drink from the top of the rim instead of the bottom. Yes, like that.? He watched as the boy struggled to follow his instructions, awkwardly trying to drink upside-down.

?Ahh!? Obi-Wan suddenly withdrew, holding a hand over his nose, his features arranged in a look of displeasure.

?Padawan?? Qui-Gon inquired, tilting his head down slightly to look the boy in the face, wondering what was wrong.

?Some water went up my nose, I hate that!?

Qui-Gon smiled. Perhaps Obi-Wan is due for another lecture about where hate can lead to, he thought with amusement. ?Well, did it work??

They both stood looking at each other for a moment, before Obi-Wan replied hopefully, ?I think so, Master.?

?Excellent,? Qui-Gon said with satisfaction. ?Then let?s get re

2. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Oh, that was just too cute! I hate having hiccups; mine never go away, just like Obi-Wan's.

And poor Qui-Gon! I hope they last twice as long as Obi's!

Great job! :D

Stormqueen

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Oh, hic. That was a great little viggie. Poor Obi, hiccupping his way through classes, meals, and training sessions... I especially loved the way everyone tried to give suggestions about how to make it stop - those initiates, talking about 'compentating de meaning of life.' [face_laugh]

Nice work! =D=

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Absolutely priceless! [face_laugh] My fave bit had to be where Obi held his breath until he looked like his face was going to explode! I could just so picture that. Very, very funny fic! :D

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    How thrilling to see this viggie from you Bastet!!

That was just delightful. Loved that it was Mace trying to scare the bejeebers out of young Obi-Wan.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've had hiccups that bad! And I absolutely LOVED this viggie! [face_laugh]

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, wonderful! I loved all the different methods of combating hiccups, especially the little initiate's idea. [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan, plagued the entire day!

I hope your bunny-well doesn't run dry any time soon!

8. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Excellent work!
    The greatest thing is that everyone can relate!

?Some water went up my nose, I hate that!?
    Qui-Gon smiled. Perhaps Obi-Wan is due for another lecture about where hate can lead to, he thought with amusement.

I hate hiccups too, and I hate the people who give you all different
    cures that never work, and I hate when they laugh at your demise and as you foolishly keep trying their ridiculous ?methods?...[face_devil] (someone get Qui, maybe I need that lecture...)

He was sure if Obi-Wan had his way, he would stand here all morning eating sugar, then claim it had worked when his hiccups went away on their own. He?ll have to do something about that sweet tooth of his one of these days.

Hey, I've eaten bags of candy for breakfast and dinner many a time...
    : Hands Obi some candy :;)

*THANK YOU FOR THIS*: Kenobi taking down Windu YEAH!
    I laughed harder than Qui Gon, wishing I could have been there, laughing and pointing at the Great Bald One sprawled on the floor

And the end, Qui getting the hiccups...justice is served.

Wonderful!
    =D= =D= =D=

9. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Loved how everyone was giving suggestions on how to get rid of the hiccups, but none of them worked. Until Mace freaked Obi-Wan out. :D Funny how Obi-Wan just reacted and managed to put Mace on the floor. Hiccups always seem to go away when I forget about them. ;) And now Qui-Gon has them! I'd love to see a sequel on how Qui deals with it. :D

10. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Urp!

I find this infinitely amusing because I had an awful bout of hiccups less than an hour ago.

[face_laugh]

Congrats!

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, poor Obi-Wan. I can't imagine having the hiccups all day long and getting no sympathy...

I loved the ending with Mace!

Very funny fic!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

12. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    cool little story, none of the hiccups cures work for me either, had them in a choir practice once [face_blush] . I feel Obi's pain.

13. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    Hahaha! Oh, my that was hilarious! Mace did go overboard... but it was sooooooooo funny![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    As they stood up and gathered their things, Qui-Gon spoke again. ?We never tried Master Demtra?s suggestion, did we??
    "He said that we need to scare them out of you,? Qui-Gon reminded him, and suddenly he had a wicked gleam in his eye.

?What are you, hic, going to do, Master??

?If I told you that, Padawan, you wouldn?t be startled, would you?? If possible, the gleam in Qui-Gon?s eyes had gotten even more evil.

You don't know the fun, I mean power of a good scare! [face_batting]

This was always my favorite way to get rid of hiccups, whether my own. or my Sithling's. ;)

Thanks for a great read, and lots of fun! =D= =D= =D=

15. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Ha ha ha! [face_laugh]

That was a wonderful viggie Bastet!

Especially since it's such a universally despised situation to be in. And when it arrives out of nowhere, in the middle of a conversation...man.... :p

He suddenly became afraid that the boy had misinterpreted his instructions and thought that when he said ?until you can?t hold it any longer? he had assumed that to really mean until he passed out. [face_laugh]

That's hilarious! You know, the hold-your-breath method is the only thing that works for me. You hold your breath and swallow several times, trying not to make yourself pass out at the same time. :p

Hic.

Snrghhhghhh! Whghchhhghh! Hee hee!
    [face_laugh]

Poor Obi! :D

?Ah, Padawan, how has your day been?? he greeted with a smile. Obi-Wan opened his mouth to reply, but the loudest hic yet came out instead [face_laugh]

?You should eat a muja fruit wit? you eyes closed, while lyin? on you bed and listenin? to you favit music while you compen-compentate de meanin? of life.? [face_laugh]

Ha ha, that was the best suggestion yet! :p

I loved how Qui recruited Mace to scare Obi-Wan, and how he took it too seriously LOL!!

and the ending was great, hee he, Qui!

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Snrghhhghhh! Whghchhhghh! Hee hee!

I don't know why, but that really cracked me up. [face_laugh] I think Obi-Wan should be thankful for the all-day hiccups, if for no other reason than he got fluster Mace. :p

17. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_dancing] Woohoo, lots of replies! :D And I finally have enough time to respond to them all, so here goes:

stormqueen874--Oh, that was just too cute!--Thanks! [face_love]
    And poor Qui-Gon! I hope they last twice as long as Obi's! Have something against Qui-Gon, do you? ;)

Princess_Arulmozhi--Oh, hic. That was a great little viggie.--Hee hee, did I give you the hiccups? Thanks for reading! :D

Jemmiah--My fave bit had to be where Obi held his breath until he looked like his face was going to explode! That was one of mine too! ;) Very, very funny fic! Thank you, I'm glad you thinks so! :)

Healer Leona--How thrilling to see this viggie from you Bastet!! Surprising, isn't it? I don't get bunnies very often... That was just delightful. Loved that it was Mace trying to scare the bejeebers out of young Obi-Wan. ;) I was, uh, channelling some of Samuel L. Jackson's other roles when I wrote that part. Glad you like it! :D

VaderLVR64--I've had hiccups that bad! And I absolutely LOVED this viggie! :eek: Oh my, you've had hiccups all day before?! How awful! I got the inspiration for this vig when I had the hiccups 4 times in one day, that was bad enough. Thanks for reading! [face_love]

maychorian--Thank you! :) I hope your bunny-well doesn't run dry any time soon! Me too...

TRADMIC--The greatest thing is that everyone can relate! Yes indeed, I hate getting the hiccups. [face_frustrated] ...(someone get Qui, maybe I need that lecture...) ;) I'll see if he's available... *THANK YOU FOR THIS*: Kenobi taking down Windu YEAH!
    I laughed harder than Qui Gon, wishing I could have been there, laughing and pointing at the Great Bald One sprawled on the floor
    [face_laugh] Do I sense some animosity toward a certain council member? ;) Thank you!

Jedi_Tigris--Funny how Obi-Wan just reacted and managed to put Mace on the floor. Our baby's not a wimp, is he? :p And now Qui-Gon has them! I'd love to see a sequel on how Qui deals with it. Hmm... [face_thinking] I don't have any ideas right now, but we'll have to see if any bunnies come hopping along. Thanks for reading! :)

corellian_jedi--I find this infinitely amusing because I had an awful bout of hiccups less than an hour ago. [face_laugh] I'm glad it amused you! :D

KELIA--I loved the ending with Mace! Very funny fic! Thank you! [face_blush]

Black_Scout--cool little story, none of the hiccups cures work for me either, had them in a choir practice once. I feel Obi's pain. Yep, it does seem like we can all relate. Obi appreciates your sympathy. :p Thanks for reading!

PadawanKaterina--Mace did go overboard... but it was sooooooooo funny! Mace is a crafty one. I'm glad you liked my story, thank you! :D

Star Drifter-Thanks for a great read, and lots of fun!--You're welcome! Thanks for reading! [face_love]

JOINME--That was a wonderful viggie Bastet! Aww, thanks! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed my little viggie. [face_love]

JadeSolo--I think Obi-Wan should be thankful for the all-day hiccups, if for no other reason than he got fluster Mace. Yes, that would make it worth it to quite a few, I think. :p Thanks for reading!

Once again, thank you all sooo much for reading my little viggie. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much! Thank you![:D]

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was so funny, the hiccups can be a real pain.
    But I bet Mace Windu wishes he never said he would help
    Qui-Gon

Brilliant=D=

19. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    ?Excellent,? Qui-Gon said with satisfaction. ?Then let?s get ready to start the day, shall we?? The big Jedi turned around and headed back out of the kitchen, when suddenly a familiar noise behind him made him stop and turn back again.

Hic.

Obi-Wan groaned. ?Aw, I thought they were gone!? he exclaimed disappointedly.

Hic.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Such a wonderful story!! I'm so glad the plot bunny made you write it! :p :D :D Poor Obi, I hate the hiccups too! They can be so ceaseless sometimes. I loved how everyone was trying to think up all these different things poor Obi had to try. This was so much fun to read! I loved it @};-

20. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Hey, more replies! :D

Gkilkenny-But I bet Mace Windu wishes he never said he would help Qui-Gon. [face_devil] Well, it was all his fault, he just couldn't stop himself from getting carried away. I'm glad you enjoyed my story! :D

lost_jedii-Such a wonderful story!! I'm so glad the plot bunny made you write it! Yeah, those things can be so pesky, can't they? :p This was so much fun to read! I loved it [face_blush] Aww, thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :D It was great to see another review, thank you! :D

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know I read this cute story back in Sept. [face_blush] I thought I replied.

A lot of times I read things on the fly then forget to go back and reply, but I'm reading.

22. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Hey, thanks, jodiwent! I've done the same thing, it's hard to keep track some times. Thanks for reading! :D

23. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Never saw this before - it was soooo funny!

Well done![:D]

24. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Bastet - [face_laugh]
    Oh, this was sooo funny. I loved how you wrote Qui-Gon.
    There were so many good bits in it...I really liked the ending!
    Great job =D=

25. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    To think, I almost missed this adorable viggie! This was so cute, Bastet! :D Poor Obi-Wan; I've had my share of hiccups during school, and I know what it feels like to hic my way through a class...

Windu's methods to scare Obi were rather creepy. And with the thunderstorm for effect... I found myself curling up in my chair a little more. [face_worried] ;) I remember one day I had a bad case of the hiccups, and I was annoying my brother so much. We were working on a puzzle in silence when he suddenly yelled really loud, scared me to death...and the hiccups were gone just like that. It really works!

Qui-Gon's laughing spell was hilarious. And then he got the dreaded hiccups! [face_laugh]

A wonderful viggie! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.