main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Clutched in the hands of Fate- an obi/qui-gon fanfic -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kenobiwanobi, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Clutched in the hands of Fate-post #1

note:all characters for this segment are borrowed from star wars
    characters: Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon,Dooku, and others to come later
    timeframe: Obi-Wan is 18-19

First ever post- It really is aweful/ would appreciate help. Here we go...
    KEEP IN MIND THIS IS BEFORE THE SAGA

-Fire engulfed all of the areas around him and the smell of all that was burning was truly overwhelming. Qui-Gon moved slightly to his left trying to better position his damaged body so that he could liberate himself from the surrounding rubble. He reached out with his mind to try to connect himself with his Padawan through their bond but Obi-Wan's end was weak. Now lost deep within his own fears he slipped into meditation. It was only after his mind calmed that he started to hear the muffled cries of unknown people, and as he listened harder he knew there was no time to waste, many lives now hung in the balance of fate.

-He finally mustered the strength to pull his body out of the rubble and what he saw surprised him. His eyes swayed from side to side trying to take in all he was seeing, and slowly the memories flowed back. The Temple, The fire, The Sith, death,... Obi-Wan.How could I have forgotten my own Apprentice, guilt quickly consumed him. Then he began to run, he ran but he knew not where he was going; all he knew was that he had to get there fast. But where was there; where was Obi-Wan?And just then Qui-Gon saw a section of the temple that was still standing, still burning, that still held Jedi. He knew his Apprentice was in this section so he bolted inside. Once inside, he scanned the scenery, there were dead bodies piled high and there on the ground of the burning room was his Padawan's sabre. Finding the sabre dragged down all of Qui-Gon's hopes, he fell to his knees, clutched the sabre in his shaking hands, and wept.

-Okay so please help me I want to try to continue, but only if you think it is worthy. Suggestions are welcome.

2. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "The temple, The fire, The sith, death,... Obi-Wan."

:eek: Something terrible has happened at the Temple!

You have me hooked! :D

Please write more! [face_batting]

3. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Thank you for reading- already starting to write more will post soon.
    The next part is a little more intense-I can't wait
    thanks again
    [face_mischief]

4. Jedi_Wife

Jedi_Wife Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    You have a very intriguing beginning here...I'm excited to see where this goes...I love Obi and Qui! And they're all injured/missing, which makes it even better :)

5. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    [face_peace] I think the next post is going to be very surprising to you. - I can't wait
    -Thanks for posting-[face_devil] the next one may be considered as evil.Mwhahahahahahaha

6. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Ooh I'm hooked! Please do continue posting- I can't wait to see where you'll take this!

7. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Thank you for reading. I would love suggestions.-I will post soon.(another small post I'm afraid)

-Thanks again-[face_peace]

8. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Clutched in the hands of Fate-post 2

-"Over emotional as always my old friend", Dooku stated.
    -"Dooku,you..., this is all your fault!"
    -"Calm yourself Qui-Gon, If you are still acting up over losing your beloved Obi-Wan, you're being ridiculous. Besides for all you know he could be just fine; sitting safely in the comfort of my home; but then again maybe he isn't."
    -"Where is he?", Qui-gon growled.
    -"At my place; and my, my you get so protective don't you? I'll even tell you this, he's alive. But just barely. "And then Dooku smiled.
    -"Please take me to him."
    -Once again Dooku grinned and the two of them got in different ships silently. Qui-Gon hoped he would have his Obi-Wan back soon for the sake of the force.
    -Once they arrived it did not take long to get to Obi-Wan. But when they did Qui-Gon felt the anger boil up within him again. Obi-Wan was in very poor condition; his body badly burnt, cut, and some of his bones were clearly broken. To make this even harder on both of them, friends of Dooku's were torturing the Padawan. Those evil sith who had destoryed so many Jedi and the Temple were now burning Obi-Wan's exposed chest with their sabres and were shocking him with tazer guns. At least until Qui-Gon walked closer to his Apprentice. As Qui-Gon stepped closer Obi-Wan moaned, and as Qui-Gon gently brushed the braid away from his Padawan's face he saw a single tear glide down. Qui-Gon fought back the tears now pricking at his own eyes, stood up with his Padawan in his arms,and turned to leave this place that would surely haunt his dreams.But Dooku had something else in mind.

-Please respond-Comments both positive and negative are welcome.

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

You've certainly got my attention with the fire & torture segments...what in the world is Dooku up to?

I'd be interested to know if any Jedi are alive and if they will be coming to help Qui-Gon out

I'll be back for more,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :eek: Wow! I am definatley hooked. Keep going! :D

11. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Thank you so much for reading-a new post will come asap.
    May the force be with you.

12. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    ooh, intriguing, wonder what happened to the other jedi? Good start, and pls do continue to PM me with updates.

13. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    "Those evil sith who had destoryed so many jedi and the temple were now burning Obi-Wan's exposed chest with their sabres and were shocking him with tazer guns."

:eek: What?

:_| Poor Obi-Wan!

:mad: Dooku, you're gonna pay for what you did to Obi, and the Temple!

Talk about getting off to a very exciting start! Wow! :D

I can't wait to see if Qui-Gon can rescue his Padawan! [face_praying]

14. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    [face_peace] Thank you all so much for reading). Please if you have any direction that you would prefer the story to go in let me know and I'll see if your idea will work with my plot.Again thank you all for reading my first story,and if you have a problem with me PM(ing) you with story updates please let me know so I won't waist your time and inbox space. Thank you.May the force be with you all.:D

I will try to post once or twice a week but not this week I am going out of town.(well , maybe I will on wednesday)I will try to update as much as possible; sometimes I suffer from writers block:oops: so we'll see.
    Thanks again[face_mischief]

15. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    All questions will be answered in time.[face_mischief] The question should be how much time. Thanks for reading[face_peace]

16. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Clutched in the hands of Fate

-Dooku stared down his old Apprentice (Qui-Gon) with a growing feeling of anticipation. For he knew that the moment he made his next move would be the moment Qui-Gon's heart would skip a beat. So without a second thought he triggered the device within Obi-Wan. The young man who was craddled within his Master's arms crumpled to the floor and screamed out in pain. Qui-Gon, clearly in shock, did not know what to think or do. He just knelt next to his Apprentice and did all he knew how, he gave the Padawan words of comfort and prayed for him. In the middle of one of the ancient prayers, Qui-Gon realized just what it was that was happening to his Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan was being burned from the inside. Qui-Gon also quickly pulled his thoughts together, knowing that if he did not stop it soon then it would start to shut down his Padawan's organs. And if it was allowed to continue for just a few moments too long Obi-Wan's lungs and heart would suffer permanent damage. Qui-Gon lunged towards Dooku with his sabre ignited and the battle for their fate began.All Qui-Gon could do was hope his strength and skill enabled him to complete this task quickly..

-Well, there's post #3 - Comments are welcome.Thanks for reading.

17. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Ok- I am going away for a few days and will not return until Monday. So, no update will come for the next four days- I will try to update on Tuesday, but I can't make any promises.Just thought I'd let everyone know. May the force be with you all.

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

kenobwanobi says
    -Okay so please help me I want to try to continue, but only if you think it is worthy. Suggestions are welcome.

Worthy it is brillaint ooohh the angst my poor Obi-wan
    being burned from the inside:_|

Stop Dooku get him Qui:_|

Keep going it is so suspenseful =D=

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah, poor Obi-Wan. Being burned from the inside!! [face_devil]

At least Qui-Gon was able to figure out what was going on. Now if he can only stop it...

Nice update

=D=

20. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Obi-Wan was being burned from the inside.

:eek: That must really hurt!

[face_worried] Qui-Gon, you must defeat Dooku quickly if you are to save Obi-Wan!

Hurry up! :_|

Great update! [:D]

21. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Thank you to everyone who has read and replied I will try to answer all questions and update regularly. Thanks-may the force be with you all.

22. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    I'M BACK!

23. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
  24. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Qui-Gon also quickly pulled his thoughts together, knowing that if he did not stop it soon then it would start to shut down his Padawan's organs. And if it was allowed to continue for just a few moments too long Obi-Wan's lungs and heart would suffer permanent damage.

You know, being a Sith, I am very much enjoying this. [face_batting]

You are doing a wonderful job with this! I am so glad that Star_Drifter reccomended this to me. :D

I look forward to seeing where you take this. :)

Ani-maniac

25. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Clutched in the hands of Fate

segment 4

- The two lightsabres clashed with an explosive crack and the air around them became warm. Tirelessly the two old friends battled for the Padawan; the force screamed to Qui-Gon "SAVE THE BOY, YOU MUST SAVE THE BOY!", and the Master would consider nothing less.

- As the battle raged on Qui-Gon felt the gradual decrease in his Padawan's force signature. What was he to do -- the battle had not changed pace and there was no end in sight... especially not for his Padawan -- not as long as he was here -- but what if...? Fear took ahold of Qui-Gon's actions; he thrust himself back to his Padawan's side, abandoned his pride, grabbed the young man, and began to flee. His thoughts were short as they came in between his sharp breaths.. First i need...to get onto our ship, then...to the temple...wait, did the med.ward even survive that fire? ...a healer;did any survive? ...where were the other jedi Masters? ...will I get back in time? His thoughts were interrupted by the voice of a stubborn young man, "Master you are not facing the facts."

- "And what would those facts be?", the Master gently inquired.

- "I am going to die one way or another; there is no point in trying to save me, *he took a sharp, rigid breath* ... Master concentrate on capturing Dooku only that will save the Republic."

- "I will do nothing of the sort, you and I are one - I refuse to go on without you."

- "Master I am touched, but don't forget that we serve the Republic not each other. "Then the young man looked up at his Master and realized that his Master truly was either going to save him or die trying. "Well..if I can't convince you other wise; you are going to have to defeat Dooku and deactivate the trigger, and just incase the opportunity doesn't arise again, ... I love you Master."

-Well, that's all for tonight - I'll try again Sunday(probably). I apoligize for the very long interval between posts - school's been really demanding.
    -If you have any suggestions or a direction you would prefer to see the story go, please let me know.
    -Thanks for reading.
    -May the force be with you all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.