main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends He's Always Right- (Vig.- Obi-Wan meets Dex)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Erela-, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Summary: One shot. Fourteen-year-old Obi-Wan is introduced to an old friend of his Master's.

Disclaimer: Not mine. No money involved.

Note: This is actually the first thing I've posted in over a year. I'm working on something rather long at the moment that I might start putting up here eventually. I've got about 55 pages of it at the moment. But I wanted to have some fun, so I figured a little vig. wouldn't hurt. Feedback is of course wonderful.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan?s face turned sour as his master told him to merge into a lane going down. ?Lower Coruscant again, master? Isn?t there anywhere else you?d be willing to go??

Qui-Gon Jinn gave a veiled smile. ?Do you really have that much of a quarrel with it??

?No, Master.? Obi-Wan replied, choosing the wording of his complaint rather carefully. ?It?s just that?well? nobody else comes down here when searching for information. They at least go to the library and the analysis rooms first.? He threw Qui-Gon a teasing look. ?We do have some of the best in the galaxy.?

?Only from a certain point of view, Padawan.?

?What?s that supposed to mean?? the fourteen year old asked, veering hard to the left to avoid an out-of-control speeder. ?Even the pilots down here are worse?.? He muttered.

Qui-Gon just shook his head, still with that smile, and Obi-Wan sighed, dropping deeper and deeper out of society. Pristinely kept, waxed speeders gave way to bashed up excuses for vehicles. Before long, the Jedi?s speeder stood out like a Dewback among Dugs.

Obi-Wan chanced a glance at his master, desperately hoping for the order to stop going down. Qui-Gon avoided his eyes. Force, Obi-Wan hated that smile?.

After what seemed several eternities, the Jedi pointed to a speeder lot, ?Pull in there.?

Obi-Wan looked. A few vehicles?the Padawan couldn?t tell if they were functional or waiting for repairs?were scattered about. To the side of the lot was a small building. Upon closer inspection Obi-Wan recognized it as a diner: a grungy, downtrodden excuse for a restaurant. The Padawan grimaced. ?Oh Master, you can?t be serious?.?

?You?re holding up traffic, Padawan,? Qui-Gon pointed out, as several vehicles swooped around theirs, honking loudly. Heaving a sigh, Obi-Wan moved out of his lane and pulled into the lot.

?Qui-Gon, is this really necessary??

The Jedi Master hopped out of the speeder, peering down at Obi-Wan, who was still clutching the controls. ?If you don?t want to come in, you?re welcome to stay here,? he said. Obi-Wan leaned back in his seat, nodding. Qui-Gon removed his hands from the edge of the speeder, stepping towards the diner.

?But?.? Qui-Gon said, turning slightly to meet his Padawan?s eyes once more, ?If you?re planning on being able to do your job well, sooner or later you?ll have to overcome such juvenile tendencies.?

Without looking back, the Jedi Master walked into the diner, knowing full well that the boy would be right on his heals.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, Obi-Wan thought as he peered around, It could be worse.

The diner certainly wasn?t fancy, but it was kept clean, for the most part. The customers seemed to come from a diverse crowd, and try as he might the Jedi Padawan couldn?t specifically sense mal-intent from any of them. This just seemed to be a place for the lower class of Coruscant to eat and socialize.

The Padawan stepped closer to Qui-Gon, speaking quietly. ?Master, who exactly are we meeting here??

?His name is Dex. He runs this establishment.?

?Dex?? Obi-Wan?s mouth again took on a sour look. ?That?s it??

?Dexter Jettster.? Qui-Gon said, but hardly had his Padawan relaxed before he continued. ?Don?t call him Mr. Jettster. He won?t like it.?

Obi-Wan was about to launch a protest, but at that moment a huge alien lumbered out from behind the counter, and the young Jedi?s argument was forgotten.

Padawan Kenobi?s eyes latched first onto the colossal number of chins, the

2. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    Loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui Gon. Obi's skepticism and upturned nose for things 'uncivilized' were perfect, as was Qui's patience.

Good lesson for Obi-wan.

=D= =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very good viggie.

Obi-Wan was a bit of a snob, huh? Well, at least he got over it.

Very well written

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Tackle hugs padawan* YAY!! You're alive!!

*Gets fired as a master* [face_beatup]

Great vig, babe! I could almost imagine Obi's reaction upon first seeing Dex.

And Qui-Gon's smug face, LOL!

Excellent job!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was just delightful!! Erela, I really enjoyed the relationship between the the two Jedi. Obi-Wan's got a lot of learning ahead of him and he'll find Qui-Gon's way, though they may differ from most Jedi, are mostly correct.

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That was wonderful Erela! I could picture that happening as I read it -- you stopped far too soon ;) I found myself wondering what Anakin's reaction to Dex was :p

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Sweet! Poor Obi-Wan, so focused on being proper. :p He'll get past it pretty quickly, we hope.

I really enjoyed this one! I'd love to see another, with Obi-Wan being a little more happy about visiting the diner. ::wink, wink::

Please?

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Great viggie, Erela! :D

I loved Qui and Obi's interaction in this. And I love the idea of Qui being the one to introduce Obi to Dex, it's seems so appropriate to me. [face_love]

Thanks for sharing this with us! :D

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    too cute!!

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Before long, the Jedi?s speeder stood out like a Dewback among Dugs.

Great line! [face_laugh]

Well, it won't be long before Obi-Wan himself is the one being suffocated by a hug from Dex. :p

11. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Thoroughly entertaining. :D
    Loved it. Needed to chuckle since Obi's getting fried in that other story right now.:_|
    Keep up the good work.=D=

12. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Wonderful vig. I loved the scene between Obi-Wan and Dex in AOTC and you captured Dex's character well. I like those little stories behind scenes and your version of how the two met was very charmingly done. I really enjoyed it.

13. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry I didn't respond to all of these responces sooner!!! College is crazy.

ladylaurel18: I have always thought of young Obi as a bit of a snob. Glad you liked it. :)

KELIA: I appreciate the compliment. :-D

Miana Kenobi: I would never fire you!!!! You're an awesome Master. ;-)

Healer_Leona: Wow. A comment from a mod. :) I'm glad you enjoyed this.

Layren: Anakin's reaction, huh? Well, we'll see.... :p

maychorian: See above. It's possible you might get more. ;-)

Bastet: Thanks! I had a great time writing it. :)

PadawanKitara: Thanks! :-D

JadeSolo: Wow! A second mod. comment. I feel special. :)

hyperspace_police: Glad I could entertain. ;-)

Indra: Glad you enjoyed! :-D

As I said, I may be adding to this. I hadn't thought of it before posting, but I do have a few ideas of other scenes. We'll see. I'm really glad you all took the time to read this!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.