side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    I wrote this as my first Star Wars fanfic a while back. It got eaten in one of the server problems (along with my Luke and Mara story, which if you have, could you sent it to me please?), so I thought I'd repost it.

Title: The Robe
    Warning: Tissue warning--might bring some sniffles
    Disclaimer: I don't own these guys. The Great Flanneled One does. I just happened to be talking to Obi-wan the other day, and he said...

Obi-wan sat for a long time, holding his master's head, rocking against the pain. Finally the tide of grief ebbed a little. Laying Qui-Gon's head gently on the metal floor, Obi-wan rose to his knees. He folded Qui-Gon's hands on his chest and straightened his long legs. He placed the saber under the folded hands.

Unwilling to find that perhaps his master's death had been in vain, Obi-wan walked to the edge of the pit and looked down. There had gone the Sith's body, to be destroyed by the fires below. Obi-wan controlled the surge of joy at the thought. He closed his eyes, breathing evenly, carefully. He had done what was necessary. The Sith would have killed the Queen, had killed his master, would perhaps have killed other Jedi.

Knowing he must face whatever fate awaited him beyond the red doors, Obi-wan turned to face them, his hand going automatically to his belt to check his saber. He stopped. The Jedi padawan swallowed hard, fighting back tears. He had in only a few minutes lost the two most important things in his life?his saber and his master. Obi-wan turned back and knelt by his master's body. He took Qui-Gon's saber and clipped it on his own belt. Then he turned back to the doors.

They were closed now. Obi-wan waiting, gathering his strength and calling on the Force. The doors opened. Obi-wan shot through them. Like lightning, he passed the doors that had not let him aid his master. He reached the walkway that led across a vast empty space. He let go of the Force, dropping to normal speed, but he continued to run, speeding across the walkway and through the door into the palace. He ran past inert battle droids, his mind barely registering the meaning behind their lack of movement. He ran until his legs ached. He ran until his lungs burned, demanding him to stop. Finally he did, bending over, breathing hard.

Composing himself, drawing the calm of the Force to him, Obi-wan got his bearings. He had studied the palace schematics faithfully on the hyperspace journey to Naboo, and he quickly found where he needed to go. He had made a promise to his master, a promise he would keep. If Anakin had done as he was told, he would be in the main hanger. If not, Obi-wan could start his search from there.

Approaching the hanger, Obi-wan felt through the Force, mindful of any danger. Federation-types might be cowards, but Obi-wan did not feel like taking any chances. There was a large number of people in the area. Obi-wan walked carefully in, mind alert, ready for any danger.

At the far end of the hanger, the yellow fighters were returning from their battle. The gathered crowd cheered. Obi-wan picked out the figure of Padmé?Amidala, he corrected himself, standing next to Panaka. The crowds cheered loudly when each pilot climbed out of the fighters.

Obi-wan stepped forward, but felt something under his foot and stopped. He looked down. It was his robe. Smiling a little, he bent down to pick it up. His eyes caught sight of another robe, this one a darker shade of brown. Blinking, swallowing hard, Obi-wan knelt by the cloak. He picked it up, feeling the soft wool. He closed his eyes, struggling to control the pain.

Awareness of someone near came to him slowly. He opened his eyes and looked up. Panaka stood behind his queen, who looked pensive. Next to them stood Anakin. The boy knelt down. Looking down, he ran a hand along the cloak. When he looked up, tears stood in his blue eyes.

"Where is Qui-Gon?" Amidala asked.

Obi-wan did not look up at her, but instead continued to look at Anakin, the boy he would, in memory of his master, train as a Jedi. "He is now one with the

2. jet-eye-master

jet-eye-master Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2000
    Beautiful descriptions! More!

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Oh, wow, this is great stuff. Keep going! I've got my Kleenex handy!

- Rani

4. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Thanks for the compliments! And this time, I can actually say that more is coming. I've been attacked by a lot of plot bunnies, so once I get them written out and beta read and rewritten, etc, I will post more. Honest.

5. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Thanks for the tissue warning.

*sniffle*

More?

6. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ping, you really should warn me when you post multiple threads. I wasn't even looking for this one, though I suppose you did mention, no that was the other one you found. Hmm, ignore me. I'm obviously delierious.

Oh, by the wasy, good story.

8. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh, this is really good!! I can't wait to read more!

9. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    *grabs her Kleenex*

Poor Obi! *snif* And Qui-Gon... *sob sniffle wail*

Great story, btw.

10. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Not bad, not bad at all!

12. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Okay, I've been bitten by about ten plot bunnies in relation to this, so there IS more, I just have to have the time to write it. But it's in the works, and some of it's already beta'd, just so you know.

13. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    If you have time to up your own threads, why don't you have time to message me?! Oh, I think I have some more beta stuff for you around here somewhere . . .

14. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Bringing this up so I can find it later when I need it.

15. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    This thread-raising brought to you by the City Morgue. "You stab 'em, we slab 'em."

:)

Yes, there will be more coming soon, I promise, but the other story I posted is kind of related to this one, so I thought I'd up it and see if anyone else wanted to take a whack at my inner critic. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.