main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Ensnared Stars: Qui, OCs, Dooku,

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alethia, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Title: Ensnared Stars
    Author: Alethia
    Characters: Qui-Gon, OCs, Dooku
    Genre: Mixture of just about everything
    Keywords: slavery, entrapment, freedom, duty
    Summary: A diplomatic mission goes terribly wrong when Qui-Gon is captured and sold as a slave.
    Notes: Blame Layren. It was her idea. And I can't turn away bunnies... Anyway, I wrote this late at night, just now, actually, so while I gave it a quick look over, it wouldn't surprise me if there are other mistakes that I missed.

Chapter 1: Going against the plan

This certainly hadn't gone to plan.

Or at least he hoped that it hadn't. Really, if this was the actual plan, it was a sorry plan in deed. And anger leading to the Dark Side be damned, as soon as he got out of this, they were going to receive quite a few choice words from him.

And why did he of all people get stuck like this?

It really wasn't fair.

Jedi don't pout. He could almost hear his Master's words. His Master was one of the most respected and reputable Jedi in the Order, a gentleman and would never pout. And he wasn't thrilled about seeing his Padawan do it either. Which is why he had learned from early on that pouting did not do anything except earn him a scowl from his Master. Curse Neila for telling him that. Just because it worked on her Master, didn't mean it worked on everyone's...

So instead of pouting, he curled up into a ball and tried to get some sleep. Except that being cramped into a small hold of a ship, chained to the wall with Force-inhibiting binders (which were illegal, but he highly doubted that that was really an issue at the moment), and scrunched together with about fifty other people, sleep wasn't really forthcoming.

He tried counting nerfs to make him fall asleep, but after 5,314, he decided it was useless. He tried singing songs he had learned in the Creche, but they only made him feel worse. Really, getting in such a situation...

The mission had seemed simple. Go to the Naefar system, talk to the King of the planet about the way the Nobles were rebelling and find a solution. Basically, your average mission, full of diplomatic talks and balls and functions and peace treaties and other boring stuff. At least he could meditate during it.

Except, well...yes. Most missions don't have the King inviting everyone over for a ball once the treaty is signed and then assassinating all the ruling nobles while capturing their families and enslaving them. It had been an absolute disaster.

Just his luck.

His Master had been sleeping off a headache. Apparently he was allergic to a spice that all the food was baked in. While he didn't swell up or anything, he still received a headache that would not go away, no matter how long he meditated. The only thing was to sleep it off. And so even though he had known about the ball, he sent his condolences with his Padawan and took to bed early.

Which left one Padawan stranded at a large ball, posing and trying to act like he was enjoying himself. He danced with the various women, made conversation with the men and tried to ignore the foreboding feeling he was getting. He may not have been allergic to the spice, but it still was a bit rough on his foreign system and therefore he wasn't feeling his best. So when the feeling of dread wouldn't leave him, he decided that it could only be the spice acting up again. Oh how glad he was to be leaving the next day...

Well, I did leave the next day.

Of course, on a slave ship wasn't his preferred form of transportation.

When his vision began to waver, he realized that something was wrong. When the other courtiers started collapsing, he realized that it really would be the best idea to get out now. When he himself started to collapse, he realized that perhaps he shouldn't have ignored his earlier feelings. When he saw the disguised slavers start shooting the men and chaining up the women, he realized just how dire a situation he

2. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    This certainly hadn't gone to plan.

Or at least he hoped that it hadn't. Really, if this was the actual plan, it was a sorry plan in deed.

[face_laugh] This is wonderful Alethia. You've captured my attention already. Poor Qui, the messes he falls into sometimes *sigh* You'd think these sort of situations would make him more wary as an adult, but *no* he just *had* to go find some kind of a desert planet who would eventually destroy the galaxy. :rolleyes: :)

Great beginning, please continue!=D=

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great start. Loved that said Padawan didn't like the plan, didn't like the whole sorry mess and certainly wasn't happy about being sold into slavery!

Keep going.

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Which left one Padawan stranded at a large ball, posing and trying to act like he was enjoying himself. He danced with the various women, made conversation with the men and tried to ignore the foreboding feeling he was getting. He may not have been allergic to the spice, but it still was a bit rough on his foreign system and therefore he wasn't feeling his best. So when the feeling of dread wouldn't leave him, he decided that it could only be the spice acting up again. Oh how glad he was to be leaving the next day...

Well, I did leave the next day.

Of course, on a slave ship wasn't his preferred form of transportation.

Oh dear [face_laugh][face_laugh] Poor Qui ... no things most definetely didn't go according to plan and Qui should know never to ever, ever ignore that feeling of something being wrong ;)

Excellent start! :D I look forward to more!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh, intriguing beginning and premise. Slave Qui... every home needs one. :D

How old is Qui-Gon here, I'm not drooling over a kid am I, that would be bad. ;)

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui... At the right place but at the wrong time! [face_laugh] That boy can get into trouble without even trying... though of course it isn't his fault. *Raises an eyebrow* pout indeed. I can so see that! ;)

Wonderful start!! =D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, a very interesting start indeed! And I agree, not the best plan perhaps! :D

Can't wait for more! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.