main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A 2nd Fateful Intervention - Obi/torture, Obi/angst, H/C, 5 yrs after "A World Away."

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    This story happens after "A World Away." If you aren't familiar with that story, and don't feel like reading it right now, I'll give you a brief synopsis: After the war with the Empire ended, Luke & Leia discover they have 2 half-sisters, the daughters of Bail Organa and Amidala, that Yoda kept hidden on a far away planet called Earth. These 2 sisters had been taught a few special Force skills that no other Jedi knew...one being time travel. The New Republic needed a strong allie to help them rebuild their forces. They turned to their neighboring galaxy and our Star Trek TNG friends, and an alliance was formed. Luke needed help in rebuilding the Jedi Order, so a plan was devised to go back in time and bring Qui-Gon back to help Luke. Obi-Wan came with them, too...leaving a Force-generated clone in his place. If you want to know more details than that, you'll have to read the story, but this should be enough so you can understand what's happening in this story.

?A Second Fateful Intervention?
    BY: p_stotts
    RATING: PG
    CATEGORY: AU, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
    SETTING: Five years after the events of ?A World Away?
    SUMMARY: Qui-Gon goes back in time to intervene after a tragic event in Obi-Wan?s
    life.
    DISCLAIMER: I don?t own any recognizable characters. I am only playing with them
    and will put them back in relatively good condition when I?m done. I am receiving no
    monetary compensation, only the satisfaction of letting my creative juices flow.
    FFEDBACK: Thank you very much.
    SPECIAL THANKS to Moonscribe, for your help, suggestions, support, and beta.

// indicates thoughts
    ** indicates Force communication

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn smiled as he entered his quarters. Seated on the sofa in the
    common area was Medwyn, one of his wife?s two adoptive fathers, bouncing their
    five-year-old daughter on his knee.

?More, Papa,? squealed Rachel with delight. Seeing her father, she shimmied down off
    Medwyn?s lap and ran to him with arms outstretched. ?Daddy!?

The Jedi master easily scooped his tiny daughter up in his arms, and held her close as he
    showered her face with kisses. ?How?s my precious little one, today??

?Fine, Daddy!? she exclaimed. ?Papa?s here!?

?Yes, I can see that,? he smiled. Walking over, he extended his hand to Medwyn in
    greeting. ?To what do we owe this pleasure??

?Well, who says I didn?t just stop by to see my favorite little girl?? chuckled the ancient
    man.

Qui-Gon gave him a look that said he knew Medwyn well enough to know that he never
    did anything on a whim.

?Okay, you?ve caught me,? admitted Medwyn. ?I?ve actually come to see you.?

Diane entered the common area from the kitchen and walked over to her husband. ?I
    thought I heard you out here,? she said as she gave Qui-Gon a kiss and extricated him
    from their daughter?s grasp at the same time.

?Let Daddy get comfortable, sweetie,? she said. ?Go play in your room for a while so
    Daddy and I can talk to Papa.?

Rachel protested with a sour look, but knew better than to argue.

Qui-Gon settled himself on the sofa next to his ?father-in-law? and waited for the man to
    speak.

Medwyn chuckled again at Qui-Gon?s display of patience. ?You know me all too well,
    my boy.?

Qui-Gon merely smiled in response.

Taking a deep breath Medwyn considered how to begin. ?I came to talk to you, because
    Obi-Wan needs your help,? he explained.

Concern immediately colored Qui-Gon?s expression, and he uncertainly glanced at his wife
    for clarification. Seeing she was just as much in the dark as he was, he returned his
    attention to Medwyn.

?I?m not talking about your Obi-Wan, here,? Medwyn continued. ?I?m talking about the
    Obi-Wan you left behind when you were brought to this time period.?

?I don?t think I understand,? said Qui-Gon. ?How can I help that Obi-Wan? To him, I?m
    dead.?

?Yes, I know,? agreed Medwyn, ?but, there?s a time in his life when he will desperately
    need you. I?ve seen it for myself.?

?I cannot interfere in the past,? stated Qui-Gon calmly.

Medwy

2. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Up! Please! :D

3. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Beautiful story, p_stotts!

4. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks Neon Star! Glad you liked it! :D

5. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Up one more time! :D

6. Liara

Liara Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2000
    I really like this story

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, Liara! :D

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I really enjoyed that Peggy!

I love thinking that Qui-Gon was able to help that Obi-Wan through the hardest time of his life.

Really leaves me with a feeling of contentment! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.