main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Not as it Seems (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, dark TPM viggie) - author replies added

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Title: Not as it Seems
    Author: Master_Noi
    Timeframe: TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Disclaimer: The usual disclaimers apply.
    Summary: This is a rewrite of the first challenge viggie I wrote for the Obi-Wan thread last October. Be warned - it's a little twisted. [face_devil]

The hissing and whines of clashing sabers reverberated through the power station, echoing from the Jedi master and Sith lord who fought around the melting pit at its core, locked in a deadly dance. Though deeply focused, both were very aware of the young Jedi who paced restlessly liked a caged animal, trapped behind a laser field.

The Jedi master was tiring quickly, but still matching the Sith blow for blow with great skill and strength. Suddenly, he launched forward with a fierce attack, showing new determination to bring an end to the duel before his apprentice was put in any further danger. Using his considerable height advantage to rain down powerful blows over his opponent?s head, he backed the zabrak towards the melting pit. The Sith stumbled, faltering under the intensity of the assault, giving Qui-Gon the opening he needed. The emerald saber cleaved the Sith in two, spraying a mist of blood into the air. As what was left of his opponent tumbled down the melting pit, Qui-Gon collapsed into a kneeling position on the ground, greedily gulping in air. He heard the laser field let up and was aware of quick footsteps before feeling the weight of his apprentice?s hands on his shoulders.

Master, are you alright??

?Yes, Padawan, just tired. I?ll be fine.? He met the younger man?s worried gaze with a tired smile, still trying to catch his breath. ?We should go find the queen and make sure she is out of danger.?

?Yes, Master.?

Qui-Gon rose and watched as his apprentice approached the pit, gazing down as though he expected the Sith lord to emerge at any moment.

?It?s gone Padawan.?

He turned to leave, knowing Obi-Wan would follow, but stopped abruptly at the hiss of a saber igniting. A shrill warning echoed through the Force and he whirled around, igniting his saber just in time to block a deadly blow.

Blue-gray eyes that had always been filled with soft warmth turned hard and cold, and as though a mask were being shed, the familiar bright aura of his apprentice slowly faded. Qui-Gon felt his stomach clench as his Obi-Wan began to draw on the Dark side of the Force until he was consumed in a swarming mass of Darkside energy.

?Obi-Wan?!?

No answer came as the younger man lashed out against the fatigued Jedi master with a frenzy of strikes. Qui-Gon blocked each blow, but could not muster the energy to mount his own attack. He had spared almost daily with the young man before him, but never seen him this strong, and knew with certainty that his life would shortly end.

Obi-wan somersaulted over his head and he pivoted to meet him. His apprentice turned assailant kicked out with his foot, catching the master?s leg. As Qui-gon stumbled to regain his balance, he felt the searing pain of a familiar blue saber as it passed through his mid-section.

He looked up in shock as Obi-Wan withdrew the saber, meeting an emotionless stare as he crumbled to the ground panting heavily. He waited for a killing blow, surprised when the younger man instead dropped to a kneeling position next to him.

?Aren?t you going to finish it?? Qui-Gon spat out, clenching his teeth in pain.

Obi-wan glanced at the wound through the Jedi?s body. ?Oh, you will die, Master.?

?Why?? he asked, allowing the shock of his betrayal to resonate across their training bond, hoping it was mirrored in his eyes as well.

Obi-wan grimaced, and Qui-Gon felt strong shields snap into place to block the physical and emotional pain ? cutting him off so that he was alone.

?I assure you it was nothing personal. Maul failed, and I was stuck cleaning up his mess as usual.?

Qui-Gon closed his eyes and calmed his ragged breathing, trying to block the excruciating pain away. The chill gradually creeping into his body told him

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OH, dark Obi-Wan. He was really creepy. Loved that he was so cold about killing Qui-Gon! The fabricated tears at the end was perfect.

Great job. =D=

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Dark is right! [face_mischief] Ohhh the idea of that!! ;)

Well done! :D

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooh, Noi, that sent shivers up my spine! Very well done!! =D==D==D=

5. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    That was twisted and very creepy!!! [face_worried]

Well done. =D=

6. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    OOooooooooooo. Evil, twisted Obi. And poor, poor Qui-Gon, who had to face betrayal...again. I loved the way Obi's sabre hissed into existence, after QUi had thought he''d finished with Maul. And those fabricated tears! Well done. Bravo! =D=

7. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Blue-gray eyes that had always been filled with soft warmth turned hard and cold, and as though a mask were being shed, the familiar bright aura of his apprentice slowly faded. Qui-Gon felt his stomach clench as his Obi-Wan began to draw on the Dark side of the Force until he was consumed in a swarming mass of Darkside energy.

Evil Obi-Wan? :eek:

I love it! :D

What a wonderful dark vignette! =D=

You've done it so well, made everything fit so perfectly! [face_batting]

And it's now one of my favorite Sithly fics! [face_laugh]

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan a secret Sith?

:eek: :eek::eek:

Nice twist!

=D= =D= =D=

9. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You know, occationally, I wonder if I am indeed as much a Sith as I claim to be when it comes to fan fic... but after reading stories like this one, I have to say... yep, most deffinitely, I am Sith through and through. [face_batting]

Oh, what a fabulous twist! To have Obi-Wan a Sith... [face_laugh] *cackles evily*

Amazing work, I really enjoyed it. [:D]

I am so glad that Star_Drifter suggested I read this. :)

Ani-maniac

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So it was Obi-Wan's intention all along to have Anankin turn.... now I get it. ;) :D

Lovely creepy fic!

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: I'd forgotten this. Glad you reposted it. Evil Obi! [face_love]

12. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    add me to your Pm list please ?? im sorry i cant give you any feedbback now but imkinda tired and i'll go to take a nap **yawns**[face_tired] "rest i need,yes rest for a couple hours sleep,earned it i have"

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Eeeps!! Creepy indeed! Awesome work though I feel so sorry for Qui-Gon!

14. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    :eek: Wow...I'm not sure if I like evil Obi [face_worried]

But really, great job...poor Qui-Gon!

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    :eek: :eek:

That was great, Noi. You made Obi-Wan so eerie, so evil, but still Obi-Wan somehow. Poor Qui-Gon. :( Magnificent!

16. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Oof! Qui-Gon didn't see that one coming. Now he's going to have to hurry and learn how to maintain his consciousness so he can tell Yoda what's going on. :D

This is a great dark vig, just in time for Halloween. [face_devil]

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I like it. [face_love] I like Dark Obi. [face_batting]

But my favorite part? How you had Obi-Wan use his "promise" to Qui-Gon to set his plans in motion. Ouch. :(

18. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    what the hell :oops:

obi wans a sith? ughhh [face_beatup]

o well...good story [face_thinking]

19. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Ohhhhh... Obi you sneaky, traitorous little thing!!

This was such an interesting look at things. I think the next time I see Qui-Gon's funeral and the scene where Obi tells Yoda he has to train Anakin, I'll be thinking, "Yeah right!"

What an original idea!

20. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Dark Obi!:eek: I love it. I'd love to see a follow up to this- maybe Obi and Ani working together to kill old winkles?

21. Dark_Jawa_Knight

Dark_Jawa_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Sweet fic. I like that creative twist.=D=

22. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    diane

Loved that he was so cold about killing Qui-Gon! The fabricated tears at the end was perfect.

Well, to be the Sith he is, he would have to be very calculated about it. Talk about not getting attached.

Kynstar

Ohhh the idea of that!! - Creepy, isn't it?

Layren - Thanks!

Jedikma - Yeah, sometimes my own imagination scares me a bit.

P_A

I loved the way Obi's sabre hissed into existence, after QUi had thought he''d finished with Maul.

That would really give him an unsettled feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Star_Drifter

You've done it so well, made everything fit so perfectly!

Yes, Obi-Wan was more than willing to train Anakin.

KELIA - Thanks!

Ani-maniac

Oh, what a fabulous twist! To have Obi-Wan a Sith...

Yes, I like to let my Sithly side loose now and then also.

Leona

So it was Obi-Wan's intention all along to have Anankin turn.... now I get it. - Yep, that's the idea. :D

obi-ew - Yes, he's pretty delicious when he's evil also.

sithrules70 - no continuation on this one. While the idea is interesting, my plate is currently full.

Arwen-Jade-Kenobi - Poor Qui-Gon :(

Kestrel_Kenobi - I guess evil Obi is an acquired taste.

LuvEwan

You made Obi-Wan so eerie, so evil, but still Obi-Wan somehow.

I'm glad he still seemed to be Obi-Wan.

Mousche

Oof! Qui-Gon didn't see that one coming.

Yeah, that was just a little bit of a shock.

JadeSolo - Yes, Qui-Gon delievered Anakin right into the Siths' hands.

light- - It could happen ...

raisedbywolves

Ohhhhh... Obi you sneaky, traitorous little thing!!

You never knew all he was capable of, did you?

jedipati

As tempting as the idea is, with two WIPs, I am stretched to my limit.

Dark_Jawa_Knight - Thanks!!

23. QuiGonGal

QuiGonGal Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    Oooh, that was soooooooo twisted! how could you do that to Qui? :_| [face_shame_on_you]

Great story, though, so i might forgive you!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.