main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Halloween at the Jedi Temple-(obi, qui gon, yoda, mace) THE CONCLUSION!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_webb, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Title: Halloween at the Jedi Temple
    Author: obi webb
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is 15
    Characters: obi-wan, qui-gon, mace windu, yoda
    Genre: who knows? how about halloween fun!
    Summary: describing the first halloween at the jedi temple
    Notes: special thanks must go out to jedi_anakinsolo, who inspired this idea!

"Explain to me again why we are doing this, Master?" Obi-Wan asks in a sort of mildly annoyed sigh.

"I believe you answered the question yourself, my young Padawan, when you referred to me as Master.." Qui-Gon replies, with a mischievous grin.

That response by their Masters would throw off some Padawans, but Obi-Wan has long grown use to his Masters playful teasing and responds back without missing a beat. "That only explains why, I,
    the ever loyal and faithful Padawan am doing this Master. Why are YOU doing this too? Did Master Yoda make you do this as you now make me?"

Qui-Gon allows himself an amused chuckle at that, before he responds, " This is mostly for the younglings, my EVER loyal and faithful apprentice. An excuse for them to have a good time and
    indulge their sweet tooth."

This time it is Obi-wan who chuckles a bit. "You cannot fool me Master. You are enjoying this just as much as any the younglings are!"

Qui-Gon looks back at Obi-Wan with a "guilty as charged" look, and Obi-Wan chuckles again.

They are in Qui-Gon's room at the Jedi Temple. Qui-Gon sits in a chair he has posistioned in front of his bathroom mirror as he applies white makeup to his face.

Today is going to be the first day that Halloween is celebrated at the Jedi Temple. One of the Masters who was out abroad had learned of this tradition in his travels and when he came back, he told Master Yoda about it.

Yoda, who cares more for the younglings at the Temple then perhaps anyone, had thought that adopting this yearly tradition would be something fun for them.

Obi-Wan also secretly suspects, that like his Master Qui-Gon, Yoda is getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of all this too.

"Master, perhaps the clown makeup would apply better if you did not have that beard to get in it's way! "Most clowns that I have seen, if they have beards, they are fake ones painted on! Do you think there is a reason for that, Master?" Obi asks sarcastically.

"Well it is lucky for you that you do not have a beard yet, so you will be able to apply the clown makeup far easier!"

And with that said, Qui-Gon gets up from his chair, quickly wipes his hands of the makeup, and grabs Obi a chair, sitting it beside his. "I have extra makeup and clown costume for you too, my young apprentice! Being as witty and sarcastic as you always are, I am sure you will make a fine clown indeed!"

Obi-Wan sits in his chair and sighs again. The clown makeup is in front of him. He is not looking forward to this.

"I'm going to look ridiculous Master!" Obi complains.

"I don't think so Obi-Wan. You are going to look funny! That is the purpose of a clown!"

Obi had hoped that he could get away without wearing a costume. He really should have known better. He puts his hands into the makeup, rubs them together a bit, and begins applying the makeup to his cheeks.

This night was something that Obi-Wan wasn't really looking forward to, but he HAD been willing to deal with it. But him dressing as a clown? That was a bit much for him. He didn't
    even LIKE clowns.

"And if you DO look ridiculous," Qui-Gon adds, "as least we will look ridiculous together!"

"Oh well, THAT makes me feel better!" Obi replies back.

The younglings have been ready for this day for quite some time. They are all no doubt ready, with costumes on and bags clutched firmly in hand. Soon the first trick of treat night the Jedi Temple has ever seen will be underway, whether Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are ready or not.

Qui-Gon knows this, as he hurridly applies m

2. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Oh man! I laughed so hard I almost fell of the chair! I can't believe they are going as clowns![face_laugh] Now I've got a very funny yet slightly disturbling picture in my mind.

Please update![face_praying]

3. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    ha ha ha ha ha... but you should have had them go as superheroes... oh i know! STar guy and Triple time.. LOl... oh wait u dont get it. inside joke! Oh well, grerat story!!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love the idea of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon dressing up as clowns.

Great job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was quite amusing and cute obi_webb. :D :D

6. Darth_Powder_Puff

Darth_Powder_Puff Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    LOL obi, you've outdone yourself! That was hilarious! I loved the bit where Qui GOn asks Obi to squeeze his nose!!! Poor ObiWan, he's got a long night ahead of him...
    Well done, =D= I can't wait to see the next part !

7. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I am glad my joke inspired you, keep it up

8. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    "Well. my young Padawan, you need more than a simple hat to be a cowboy! For one, where would you find a cow to ride on?" Qui-Gon asks.

This time it is Obi's turn to laugh and shake his head. "They didn't ride cows masters. They rode horses."

"Ah, I see. And how did you become such the expert on cowboys my young apprentice?"

" I read." Obi-Wan states again, and it takes all his self control to keep from bursting into laughter.

Cows, ride cows...too funny[face_laugh] [face_cow] [face_laugh]
    Really looking forward to the rest of this story:D
    Will be popping back in on Halloween to read[face_dancing]
    keep up the good work=D=
    [face_cowboy]

9. LissaJade

LissaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Obi and Qui as clowns![face_laugh]

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    "Squeeze my nose, Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon says, his excitement obvious in his voice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi wishes again that this night was over.

"Go on, squeeze my nose, Obi-Wan!" his master urges.

Obi sighs yet again, and does as his Master wishes. The nose lets out a squeak that Obi considers a bit LOUD.

"They squeak!" Qui-Gon points out to his Padawan.

"I noticed." Obi-Wan replies.

[face_laugh] Oh, this is great! What an idea! The interaction between Obi and Qui-Gon is so funny.

Well done, you've got a real little gem here - let me know when you update.

11. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That was great poor Obi he didnt want to be a clown[face_clown]

Great job again Obi well done i'll be waiting for the other part=D=

12. WRM

WRM Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    "Well. my young Padawan, you need more than a simple hat to be a cowboy! For one, where would you find a cow to ride on?" Qui-Gon asks

lolololol =D=

Question -
    Why on earth would Qui-gon need a fake nose ?

An awesome first post ....

13. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Too funny! Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as clowns? *falls to the floor laughing* what could be next? Yoda as Tinkerbell?[face_laugh]
    Great post! Can't wait to see the next part!

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    It had begun.

Obi-Wan could already hear the younglings emerging from their rooms, and could hear trick or treat being said enthusiastically from out in the hallway.

"One more thing!" Qui-Gon exclaims as he runs into his bedroom. emerging again quickly with a camera.

For what seemed like the hundreth time today, Obi-Wan sighed. "Is it really necessary to do that, Master?"

Qui-Gon ignores him, quickly setting the camera up, running in front of his Padawan and saying, "Say cheese!" a big goofy grin on his face, as he puts his arm around Obi's shoulder.

And Obi-Wan is slightly suprised to find he cannot help but smile a bit at his Master's unbridled excitement about this Halloween celebration.

What is it about this that he loves so much?

The camera flashes, and Obi continues to ponder that question, even as his Master hands him his bowl of candy, and Qui-Gon grabs a bowl for himself.

When Obi-Wan thinks of what is to come, all he can think of is how stupid he thinks he looks. He is a young man! He is much too old for playing dress up! Granted,Qui-Gon is far older then Obi and it's all right for him, but Obi is used to Qui-Gon's
    eccentricities. Things are much different for him, then they are for Obi-Wan.

Of course, that's just what Obi-Wan thinks.

Soon the first younglings appear in the doorway.

"Trick or treat!" they exclaim in unison.

Two of them. A little girl, who Obi gathered was dressed as some kind of princess, and a slightly older looking boy, who was some kind of wolf creature.

The princess and the wolf. An interesting pair, Obi-Wan thinks.

Qui-Gon is the first to speak. "Trick or treat, you say? Well, clowns ARE known to play mischievous tricks on people..."

Obi inwardly groans. Qui-Gon is going to turn what should be a simple passing of candy to the younglings into a history lessons on clowns.

But he is pleasantly suprised as his Master finishes, "but with costumes as wonderful as both of yours I suppose we clowns could give you both a treat! Isn't that right, Happy?"

It takes Obi-Wan a moment to register that Qui-Gon is referring to him.

"It certainly is right, Beardy!" Obi exclaims, playing along, pleased with his impromptu clown name for his Master.

The newly named Happy and Beardy, reach into their bowls and hand candy to the younglings.

The wolf and the princess both laugh, and say thank you as they scamper off to the next room.

And Obi-Wan finds again that he can't help but smile. That wasn't as bad as he had feared.

And soon the next children come. And then the next. And soon, much to Obi-Wan's suprise, he admits to himself that he is having FUN.

He even begins to try to play the role of Happy the Clown. He takes three packs of assorted sugar coated goodies and tries to juggle them before he hands them to 3 amused youngsters. Qui-Gon seemed particuraly pleased as Obi even let one of the kids squeeze
    his nose.

Obi-Wan is not given much time to think about his sudden change of heart. The younglings come at a steady pace until it starts to become a bit late and the official time for trick or treating is over.

But that does not mean the Halloween festivities for the evening are done. When the trick or treating is done, all the younglings and all the Jedi's and their Padawans go to the cafeteria so they can see eachothers costumes and all share a hot meal together.

Obi-Wan is more then slightly suprised when he walks into the cafeteria. It is decorated in all kinds of Halloween decorations. Pumpkins, and what looked to be spider webs
    hanging from everywhere. Various traditional Halloween characters images have been put up anywhere there was a place to put them.

Obi passed through the cafeteria a bit earlier in the day and none of this was up before! Whoever decorated all this must have worked fast, Obi-Wan thinks to himself!

15. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    [face_laugh] I cracked up when I read what Mace and Yoda's costumes were. Blarmby the Dinosaur and a Jack-o-Lantern.[face_laugh]

Great story and I had a great laugh!

Happy Halloween![face_pumpkin][face_skull]

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...poor Yoda, forced to be a jack o' lantern. :(

I really liked how Obi-Wan got into the spirit of Halloween

Great story!!

=D= =D= =D=

17. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    awww poor yoda! No other xostumes in his size...

Great story, obiwebb!!!!! Hilariuis!

18. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    But he is pleasantly suprised as his Master finishes, "but with costumes as wonderful as both of yours I suppose we clowns could give you both a treat! Isn't that right, Happy?"

It takes Obi-Wan a moment to register that Qui-Gon is referring to him.

"It certainly is right, Beardy!" Obi exclaims,

This really had me laughing! Great job obi_webb, a lovely treat for Halloween...=D=

19. WRM

WRM Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    =D=Yoda as a pumpkin says it all...[face_laugh]
    Happy H [face_pumpkin]

20. Darth_Powder_Puff

Darth_Powder_Puff Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    obi, that was priceless!!! HAH! Blarmby! Oh that image is gonna stay with me. Genius! no wonder you liked the idea of Mace and the purple- excellent choice! Yoda as a rotound pumpkin too! [face_laugh] Can you see him waddling around the temple in his bright costume!
    I loved the underlying mush with Obi and Qui too, so sweet the way Obi Wan got into it. Beardy- that cracked me up for some reason!

Well done on a wonderful lil fic!
    And thanks soo much for brightening my Halloween!

21. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    That was soo fun!!!!! Yoda dressed as a pumpkin *dies of laughter*

22. Darth_Me-Wan

Darth_Me-Wan Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Excelent writing!!

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_laugh] Ha ha ha! I'm glad I found this story, it's so funny! [face_laugh]

I loved Happy and Beardy the clowns, what a great mental image! :D

And I loved how Mace was Blarmby the dinosaur, ha ha ha! [face_laugh] Me thinks the man likes purple a little too much. ;)

Aww, and poor Yoda the pumpkin, he coudn't be Fuzz Lightstorm. :(

I'm glad Obi loosened up and enjoyed himself. And Qui-Gon was funny the way he got so into it. :D

Great story, obi webb! =D=

24. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    THANK YOU everyone for reading and for your comments:)
    it is certainly nice to see that so many of you enjoyed it! I KNOW i enjoyed writing it!:D
    i hope all of your halloweens went as well as mine did!

25. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Mace Windu in a Dinosaur costume [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] I like purple...
    That is just too funny for words.
    Great Halloween story.[face_pumpkin]

Keep up the good work =D=
    [face_cowboy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.