main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Absolving the Past" (An Original Trilogy/ Episode 1 crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Master Mara Jade, Jun 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hi everyone!

I've been trying to put a bunch of ideas together for awhile...and this morning, at exactly 1:52 a.m., it finally all came together.

So I wrote it...not all of it, but it's got a good start, and I know how it's going to end. :evil grin:

Oh, and this is my first non round robin SW fan fic, so I'd appreciate any criticism or advice y'all can offer.

Thanks!

2. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So here 'tis, chilluns....

Mara Jade threw her lightsabre up and to the right in a desperate effort to block her opponent. The air stank of ozone, and the close quarters had become stuffy and confining. The footsteps of the fighters were loud and dull, echoing through the transparisteel walls of the room.

Mara struggled against the onslaught, quickly and accurately blocking the blows of her opponent. Finally, she seemed to regain her advantage. Despite her smaller size, she held a parry, glaring up at her rival?s emotionless mask.

Suddenly, she lifted her force. With a sudden backstroke, her lightsabre burned its way through the dark armor.

Darth Vader uttered a somewhat inhuman sound; somewhere between a shriek and a snarl. He parried Mara?s glowing blue lightsabre over to the left, and pressed his own scarlet one to her throat. ?Kill point.?

The main reactor of the second death star was a sparking, superheated ball of gas. The center was powered by a huge amount of nuclear reactions. The only thing keeping the entire station from exploding was the cool liquid flowing through, absorbing the intense amount of heat. The liquid produced steam, which turned the power for the enormous space station.

For some reason, the liquid was not flowing steadily that evening. It halted, spurted, and finally stopped completely.

The flare grew hotter. And hotter. Every molecule began to assume a more appropriate form as the solid reactor began to melt.

The immense reactor was melting. Finally, the atoms gave way to the heat.

The Death Star exploded.

Mara Jade saw nothing but a white cloud of fire from where she stood, in private dueling room of Darth Vader?s Super Star Destroyer. The flame gained on the dueling pair, racing toward the room...

The flames enveloped them, and there was nothing but blackness.

Luke, Han and Leia had been talking quietly with their newfound friends, the Ewoks, when the flare was put in action. The three of them had seen the explosion coming toward them, with horrible ease. Helpless, they stood in shock.

The explosion caught them, and scattered them. It burned the ample vegetation surrounding them, and the Ewoks were turned into bright white.

The entire world of Endor and the vacuum surrounding it was a brilliant display of brightness.

Miraculously, Mara opened her eyes. It seemed like the fire had turned completely red. As her vision gradually cleared, she realized that it wasn?t fire at all. She rubbed her temples and blinked, hard.

She was standing in a small space, one hand still clutching her lightsabre. She seemed to be surrounded by something like a red laser field. She could see three somewhat blurry shapes surrounding her; two in front of her and one behind. Upon closer inspection, she decided she was trapped in a tube of some sort. Lasers blocked off small compartments in the tube.

Furthermore, she was unhurt. It seemed impossible, after the enormous explosion. However, she was not burnt in the slightest, and not injured from the impact of the explosion.

Now that her head was somewhat clear, Mara could sense the Force energy around the room she was in. Both the light side and the dark side were present here; the dark side mainly stemmed from the individual furthest to the front. The darkness was so intense that the person -animal?- almost reminded her of Emperor Palpatine. A pang shot through her as she wondered where her
    Master could be. Quickly, she brought her mind back on track. Only a Sith would have that amount of Dark Side energy...Could this be a Sith?

The next figure, a large man who had been meditating and was now staring at her with a rather perplexed look, seemed to a Jedi.

Mara started. A Jedi?! They?re dead!! Yet this figure bore a remarkable resemblance to one, both in h

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    (FYI, the thing about the Death Star exploding...it's built on the theory that a large explosion like that has the power to distort time. Probably I'm mixing series...oh well, it works for my purposes. )

Well. I wrote more. (About Leia) But it doesn't seem worth it to post more if no one's reading, no?

:maniatic laugh echoes from the distance:

JMMJ

4. Maeve Nadia

Maeve Nadia Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm reading!

5. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Thanks so much!

Leia Organa had been prepared for this devastation, this enormous loss of life. She had always been able to feel things like that, from the stormtroopers she had killed on the first death star to the jolting screams she had felt with the loss of Alderaan. Not only did she feel sadness and grief for those she knew, but also for those who she never would.

Sache Organa had called her a healer, one who was always trying to help those in pain. Usually, this was because of the ache Leia felt around others who were hurt. She could not ignore the negative pulses and tried to help them, to cure them somehow, instead.

Leia had been bracing herself for the blow the Death Star would be. She remembered the ominous chill, the agonizing devastation that had washed over her with the demise of the original.

However, nothing could have prepared her for the terrified destruction she had just felt.

This blast hadn?t just killed warring troops, soldiers who expected to die. The freak accident had demolished innocent beings; nearly all of the inhabitants on this side of the planet.

Furthermore, it had distorted time. Leia had also always had a good sense of time and how it affected those around her. After the flares, she had somehow ended up on some obscure, warring planet. And the time....wasn?t right. She couldn?t really put her finger on it, but something was wrong.

Leia finally became aware of the sound of blasters in the room behind her. Quickly inspecting her surroundings, she took cover behind a tall, luxurious chair. For some reason it reminded her of her father?s throne room in Alderaan.

Speaking of which...Leia remembered the secret compartment her father had on the side of his throne. ?For emergencies? he had always said. The Organa throne compartment had included no weapons, but an emergency comlink connected to the royal transport. In addition, it contained an alarm system which would notify neighboring planets of trouble. Looking closely, Leia noticed a similar latch on this throne.

Glancing furtively around, she quickly picked the lock (yet another useful skill she had learned from Han) and opened the compartment. Inside, she saw a multitude of blasters mixed with various comlinks. The equipment was obviously in good condition, but was mostly made of ancient design. Leia immediately grabbed one of the weapons and crouched in the ?on guard? position she had been taught.

The blaster sounds around her were getting closer. Suddenly, a group of armed people burst into the room. A young girl with dark brown hair and a determined expression on her face was leading them. She ushered the others in, then caught sight of Leia.

Abruptly, a shocked expression spread itself over the girl?s face.

Amidala couldn?t believe her eyes. Instead of seeing her throne room, peaceful and unobstructed, her weapons case had been broken into. And some strange girl was pointing a blaster at her!

?Get out now,? Amidala used her ?royalty? voice, trying to keep the panic from creeping in. ?You are trespassing in this room. Leave, or we will have no choice but to kill you.?

Leia raised her eyebrows in amazement. There was something about this woman... ?I am not committing any crime by simply being here and not desiring to be killed. You are welcome to your weapons if you wish. I do not want to harm you.? She struggled to keep the panic out of her voice. Better get used to this type of thing if you?re going to be hanging out with Han and the Rebellion, Leia, she warned herself.

After the shock, rational thinking again returned to Amidala. With a quick glance and barely a nanosecond of hesitation, Amidala nodded. This was not the time to worry about one of her people who must have found their way in. Actually, they could use all the help they could get. ?Okay, fine. Stay by me and shoot who we shoot. Be careful.?

Making a quick decision, Leia held her blaster at ready. She aimed at the door, mi

6. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    This looks interesting. Please continue.

7. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    This story is great post more soon!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

8. tegan41

tegan41 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2000
    I'm reading. Please continue with story.

9. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Okay. I'm trying to write for Vader now. But I keep having these small problems and feeling the temptation to make it a comedy piece, and I don't want to do that...

So I'll either have it done within the hour, or post it tomorrow (I have to leave and won't be home till then ).

Thanks for reading, Maeve Nadia, Master Lurker (whoever you are..), Owe-me-one Perogi (cool name ), and tegan41. You really made my day.

JMMJ

10. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Your Welcome!

11. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Oooh, this is good! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I love these crossover/alternative world ideas. Bring it on! And bring on more Mara--and get her to meet Luke, and stat! We had to wait 10 years in the EU--let's not make it that long in fan fic world.

=jaded=

12. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    please have more soon!!

13. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    People read my story!!!

Jaded: hehe...it's in my plans.

I was originally going to switch Luke and Leia, but I decided not to. Should I have?

Darth Vader had ended up in some remote area of swamp he had never seen. Some area he had never wanted to see, for that matter. Whatever it was, it was repulsive.

The fire had ruffled him. No, admit it. It scared you. It brought back memories. Horrible memories of burning alive...of feeling the overwhelming heat destroy , eating up each of his limbs, turning him into a living flame. The memory of how his consciousness had refused to go away, how the Force would not surrender him to the Dark Side, and even more painful, the sense of betrayal he had felt. Betrayal of his most trusted friend. Betrayal of his wife. Betrayal of the Jedi.

He did not want to feel that ever again. Anything was better that the living death he had endured.

But it had not happened again. A good thing, he decided. Although Palpatine had tried to help him see the pure and cathartic aspects of his fall, Vader could not believe that it should have happened. Even if it did strengthen his connection to the Dark Side.

Remembering his long and arduous training, Vader focused his anger. Why should he, an accomplished, important member of the Empire, second in command to the most powerful man in the world, be stuck in this obscure representation of civilization? Why did he have to have this extreme, panic-inducing phobia of flames? Why did he, one of the best examples of humanity, have to be reduced to a cyborg? The latter two, at least, were all Obi-Wan?s fault. This train of thought was familiar. However, now Vader possessed another blame...the Death Star. Unfortunately, there was no one to blame for that natural disaster.

The jungle was dark, damp, and disgusting. Basically, it was the complete opposite of the identically pristine floors of every Star Destroyer, Death Star, institution, or academy he had ever entered. Vader?s suit, usually immaculate, was stained from the swampy water.

Great, he thought peevishly. Might as well head toward humanity. Not that I?m part of it...

Widening his ?sphere of responsibility?, as Obi-Wan used to call it

(not him again!)

Vader pinpointed the place nearest to him with the most human life.

Luke Skywalker had come to consciousness clutching a pole of some sort. His first reaction was pure panic. However, he quickly utilized one of his many Jedi calming techniques. Wouldn?t do to have an almost - Jedi hyperventilating, he reflected with a grin.

An almost grin...hanging on a rafter a hundred feet above anything didn?t exactly promote cheerfulness. Luke wasn?t exactly afraid of heights; he used to love piloting his various homemade crafts hundreds of feet above solid ground. The feeling of flying high - even though he hadn?t had much chance to do it - was one of the best experiences he had ever had. It produced an exhilarating thrill that competed with the

(love)

belonging and friendship he had felt since joining the Rebellion.

But flying in a spacecraft, or even the air speeders they had used on Hoth, was completely different from hanging like this. There was nothing to hold onto. Nothing even to fall onto. That?s encouraging.

He couldn?t stay hanging here forever. Just like at Bespin. He squeezed his eyes shut, as if to block out the memory. The disastrous leap at Bespin was still fresh in his mind, be it six months or six minutes ago.

Just jump, you coward. Finally Luke heaved a sigh and gave in to the inevitable.

All he could hope for now was the one-in-a-million chance that someone would be there to catch him.

I love cliffhangers....

JMMJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Mara Jade (edited 06-11-2000).]

14. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Well don't leave us hanging too long!

=jaded=

15. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    thanks alot i mean i know he's not going to die but i mean it was just getting to the good part and then you leave me here wondering

16. Maeve Nadia

Maeve Nadia Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2000
    Do you enjoy being cruel?

If I was sitting any closer to the edge of my seat, I'd be on the floor right now...

MORE!

17. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

::urk!:: What, no more?! C'mon, it's really, really interesting! Write more, darnit!!!!

Frosty

18. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I've tried to post this four times, and it won't post!!

Well. This doesn't really relieve the cliffhanger, sorry. Next post will.

I'll fix the lines ASAP.

Mara Jade swung her ?sabre with a fury she hadn?t felt for a long time. She wasn?t used to having events this much out of her control. Palpatine always told her exactly what to do and what would happen. Her training had taught her all of the necessary things to cope with her assignments. She was a silent huntress, a subtle agent of disaster. Outright fights wasted time and energy. They heralded disaster, both for her job and for her master. Mara was an expert at getting the job done quickly and efficiently.

This was the last straw. Mara had no experience coping with things which exceeded her power. This whole fight fit that description.

This Sith wasn?t a cripple, like the previous one she had fought. He wasn?t covered with Vader?s cumbersome armor, and didn?t experience the limitations the armor presented.

Vader had to depend on brute strength in order to win. Since maneuverability wasn?t his strong point, he forced his opponent to deal with him on the ground, and prevented most agility by directing a fight to a flat surface, with no choices for his partner to move up or down. This had been in effect when Mara had been fighting him only a few minutes before; the practice room was cramped and confined.

Behind the lasers, the chamber was riddled with possibilities. The architect obviously wasn?t an Imperial; the room was a vast place, planned in a seemingly haphazard manner. Pipes and skinny platforms stuck out at random angles; the ceiling was impossibly high, barely even visible from her point of view.

The side she was on, however, offered a considerably more limited setting. However, Mara spied a ledge, about six feet above the ground. It was located only a few feet away from the laser tube she had entered from. Opportunity!

All of this Mara took in during a split-second glance between blows. It was one of the first things Palpatine had taught her: Always keep attention on your surroundings. They are what really determine the winner.

The painted warrior did not let up. He struck with a sense of urgency and blazing anger. His speed made Vader look like a languorous amateur.

Almost.

Much as she had been trained, Mara knew she wouldn?t be able to beat this warrior
    single-handedly.

She could keep up, though. She parried every blow with a lightening touch, letting the big Jedi cover the other side. Right now, the dark combatant had the advantage; the confined space put the three warriors in a unfavorable situation. One mistake, one lack of attention...and the Sith would no doubt take advantage of the opportunity and kick the other into the pit.

Mara finally opened her mind to the other Jedi. They would never get through this without teamwork. What are you doing? she asked herself, revulsion stirring her insides. Cooperating with a Jedi?

Impatiently, she pushed the feeling away. I have no choice.

She placed the idea in the Jedi?s head. Without using words, without communicating any ounce of her own personality, Mara conveyed the image of the ledge. She accompanied it with a strong sense of suggestion. Now!

Mara spied faint acknowledgment in the older man?s eyes. Together, they led the Sith toward the tube.

It wasn?t easy. The man could tell they were up to something (he was obviously Force - sensitive) and he also seemed to know the Emperor?s other cardinal rule: never follow you opponents anywhere.

Mara felt a dark tendril of thought enter her mind. It forced its way past the shields she always kept up.

No! Stiffening, she replaced her defenses. Mara threw the intruder out in a second, and let a hurried breath out in relief.

But he had distracted her. And in this fight, a moment of distraction was worth a life.

Mara screamed in terror and pain as the crimson lightsabre traced a deep line down her left side, burning everything in its path.

She

19. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    This is really GOOD! tongue.gif

20. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    oooh, a new story. Verry interesting. But fun. More PLEASE!

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow, this is an awesome and definatly intriguing story Jedi Mara Jade!!! Ever since I saw episode 1 I kept thinking of ways to connect it with the original trilogy. Nice to see that someone else thinks like me. Post more!! How could you leave my Lukie hanging?!!!

22. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh my stars! Keep writing! I have to read more! We have to find out what's happened to Mara!

Hm...maybe Luke will meet up with young Obi-Wan...and in a even weirder twist of the love-triangle plot...those two duke it out for Mara...

Oh dear, there I go again! Crazy wistful thinking.

=jaded=

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow! Thanks

Heh heh heh...that Obi-Wan is just trying for every SW gal, aint he? I even saw a hint of Obi/Leia (yikes!) in one story

Padawan Lunetta, tell me if you read any more crossovers like this. I love 'em!

Oh, and a good one...go to Club Jade and read "The Gift" (or something like that)

Also, while you're there read all Jaded's stories they archived there...

JMMJ

24. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
  25. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Tops again...now where is that new addition??? Hm???? I'm waiting!

=jaded=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.