main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Untold Lessons. Luke on Dagobah and beyond. Part one History, and Voices on the Wind. 11/01/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jackson_W35, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackson_W35

Jackson_W35 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Title:Untold lessons.
    Author: Jackson_W35
    Timeframe: TESB-ROTJ
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kennobi, Yoda, Qui Gon Jin.
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Keywords: OT expanded, I guess.
    Notes: What you did not see of Luke's Jedi training.

First fanfic here, thought it could develop. Please enjoy! :)

Prologue

?I won?t fail you, I?m not afraid!?

That is what Luke had said to Master Yoda after the conversation between himself, Yoda, and the spirit of Obi-Wan Kennobi, in that small hut on Dagobah. He meant it too. Luke was determined to be a Jedi. After what he had seen thus far in his struggle against the Empire, the death of his aunt and uncle, the death of Obi-Wan, ?.

?Obi-Wan? he thought for a moment. That man had always been there for him. Some connection he could not quite explain right now. Luke had always known Obi-Wan as ?Ben? while he was growing up. Uncle Owen always dismissed Ben as just a crazy old man. Some connection with ?Ben? Luke could always feel, but not yet place.

Then that day on the moisture farm, Two droids were purchased. Luke was frustrated while cleaning them as his uncle had told him to do. Then R2 had run off in the night. Then the message from that same R2 unit regarding the Death Star sent by Leia, meant for Obi-Wan. Luke had been enthralled by her appearance and was drawn to her for some reason that he could not explain when he first stumbled across the message in that garage back on Tatooine. Then the death of his Aunt and Uncle, Then all the events that followed. Seeing Obi-Wan struck down by Darth Vader on the Death Star.

Obi-Wan had appeared to Luke as a force spirit on Hoth just a few weeks ago. He told him to come here and seek out Yoda, He had also urged him to use the force while Luke was in the trench flying to destroy the Death Star. How was all of this possible?

Master Yoda broke into his thoughts after what seemed like an eternity of Luke dwelling on his past;

?You will be?. YOU WILL BE,?

The truth of the matter was that Luke was afraid. He had lost so much. Luke was initially shocked by the dark tone of Master Yoda?s voice. All Luke said was, ?Yes? almost as a whisper. Master Yoda regarded him for a moment and then spoke,

?Good, very good, learned your first lesson you have.? The Jedi Master seemed a bit less intense and returned to the ?food? as it were by Yoda?s definitions, to tend to it.

What lesson? Luke thought. Am I supposed to be afraid to become a Jedi? So many pressing thoughts on Lukes mind. So many questions about what it was to be a Jedi.

Luke sat silent for a few moments until Master Yoda broke the silence, ?Questions you have, Hmm??

Luke was startled for a second but responded without thinking, ?I want you to tell me about my father, What was his name??

Master Yoda seemed to stiffen for a bit and Luke noticed a slight uneasy feeling. Could this have been a ?tremor? in the force as Ben had spoke of when he nearly collapsed on the Millenium Falcon a couple of years ago when Alderaan was destroyed? More training in the ways of the force he needed Luke was well aware..

Master Yoda spoke, ?Anakin.? ?Anakin Skywalker your fathers name was.?

Luke breathed the name ?Anakin.? After all these years he finally knew his fathers name. Luke was elated and happy. He felt the need to know more. ?Master Yoda, what do you know of my father? Did you teach him??

To Luke, Master Yoda again seemed a bit reserved, as if the weight of the entire universe rested upon his small frame. Yoda gave him a look as though he should not ask such questions, but then Yoda?s look softened, ?Very well young Skywalker, About your father, tell you I will.?

Yoda regarded Luke. Strong this one was in the force. Sadly, he could not tell him the FULL truth. Ready for that he was not.

Yoda decided to tell him of the happier times, of the adventures of Anakin and Obi-Wan. The heroics of the clone wars. He w

2. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Very interesting start. I like the idea of the story too. I've thought about what we didn't see on screen, and I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Nice job on you first fic here!

=D=

3. Jackson_W35

May 28, 2005
    Thank you Yodan. After I read what I posted in the first post, I am going in 20 different directions for the next post. :eek: This is going to get very emotional I feel.

Look for Chapter one, part one late tommorow evening, time permitting! :D

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Welcome to the crazy world of fanfic Jackson. :)

Excellent start and very intriguing. I felt bad for Yoda's thoughts on what should not be and liked 'his master's' voice telling him it is the will of the Force.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intreguing start.

I like how Yoda is taking the time to discuss what was wrong with the old Jedi Order. It'll keep him from making the same mistakes!

looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Jackson_W35

May 28, 2005
    Part One "History lessons and Voices on the wind."

Luke was amazed at what Master Yoda had been telling him about his father. He had never known of this Jedi Master Qui Gon Gin before. He was surprised that this man had taught Obi Wan.

?I wonder why Ben never mentioned him?? Luke thought to himself.

Master Yoda also told him about how Anakin Skywalker had been the hero of the Old Republic during the Clone Wars and how he had also often went on missions with Obi Wan.

He could tell from Master Yodas tale that the 2 of them were dear friends. As interesting as all of this was, Luke wanted to hear more about the Jedi Knights. What Master Yoda had told him of Qui Gon was very interesting.

?Master Yoda, why did you say I was too old to begin training as a Jedi? How were Jedi trained before?? Luke asked the Jedi Master.

?Ah yes. Jedi of the Old Republic, trained from birth they were.? Yoda had said. He decided to tell Luke of some mistakes the Old Order had made. ?Supposed to be alive, you are not. Forbidden to form attachments, against the Jedi Code it was. Father, violated this code he did.? Yoda noticed that Luke was taken aback by this fact. He continued, ?Wrong we were, set in our old ways. See the rising threats we could not. Beware of arrogance young Skywalker.? Luke nodded to Yoda. Perhaps he was beginning to understand the errors of his own ways Yoda thought.

?Master, how were so many Jedi wiped out by the Empire? What happened?? Luke asked him.

Master Yoda sighed. Time to tell him it was.

?Before the Clone Wars, clouded by the Darkside everything was. See the coming threat we could not. Said I did, ARROGANT we were!? Yoda drove this last point home with a poke to Luke?s shoulder with his cane. He continued,

?During the Wars, led the Clones into battle we did against the droid armies of the Sepratists. A mistake that had been, A Jedi should never attack using the force.

?The Jedi, served the Galactic Senate we did. And the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. That office, held by a Dark Lord of the Sith it was. Found out too late, we did.

?The Emperor as he declared himself ordered all Jedi as traitors to the Republic. Reformed the Republic into the Empire he then did.? Yoda stated this last point with a bit of disgust.

?To say it simply young one, Wrong we were. Too late for us it had become.?

Luke was shocked. The Republic had de-generated into the Empire and turned it?s back on the Jedi. Luke remembered how he had wanted to transmit his application to the academy. He had always disliked the Empire, but thought that justified a means to an end. With an academy certificate he thought, he could get a job as a pilot somewhere far away from Tatooine.

Luke now felt sick. Just as sick as when he saw his Aunt and Uncle dead outside on their Moisture farm all those years ago. The drive back towards Ben and the droids had been long and sad. Luke kept asking himself ?why?? He was angry at what the Empire had now taken from him, but something in the back of his mind told him not to be angry.

By the time he got back to Ben, he knew what he wanted to do with his life.

He knew then, and he knew now.

?Master Yoda, I want to be a Jedi. I want to be a Jedi like my father.?

Yoda had thought on that last point. ?Like my father.? Difficult this was going to be. For well over 20 standard years Jedi Master Yoda knew that this day would come. He knew that one day he would teach the son of Anakin Skywalker, yet he was apprehensive about it still.

Yoda could see that the rain outside had stopped and could sense that the hour was late.

?Very well young Skywalker, rest you need, tomorrow, begin we will your training. Gather your things from your camp you should and return here. Meditate I need to.?

The walk back to the camp seemed long even though it was not. Luke could tell from R2?s warbling that he was none too pleased to be left out in the rain. Luke chuckled to himself. ?Sorry R2, I?ll get you cleaned up and m

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to see Yoda telling Luke the tale.

?Master Yoda, I want to be a Jedi. I want to be a Jedi like my father.?

You have got to tell him the whole truth Yoda! I really like your take on Qui-Gon, very much how I've always seen him.

Excllent post Jackson. :)

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Great update.

I like that Yoda is being honest with Luke about Anakin.

And I like how you tied in Qui-Gon's training of Yoda.

Great job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Nice update!

?Who is he talking to??
    Don?t worry Luke, Yoda may be old, but he?s not that senile? Yet?

Can't wait for more!

=D=

10. Jackson_W35

May 28, 2005
    Thanks for the replies! :)

I feel I need to watch TESB again to get things right. I find it interesting to explore moments that we did not see onscreen. I hope to have a post up on Thursday evening. It is hard to tear myself from the new ROTS DVD right now. :p

Stay tuned. More Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to come. :D

And again, thank you! :)

11. Jackson_W35

May 28, 2005
    "Real Life responsibilities and technical difficulties" :(

Hope to update this either later tonight or tomorrow! :)

12. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004

great story so far, Jaxi! :) i really enjoy this idea & like seeing how you've placed Qui Gon into the original story! :)

can't wait for more! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.