main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Complex Simplicity (Qui-Gon; Obi-Wan; Anakin) Quick one shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Title: A Complex Simplicity
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn; Obi-Wan Kenobi; Anakin Skywalker
    Time: During Episode 1
    Author: Trepidation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Perhaps?perhaps.?

Obi-Wan lifted the small device and moved it around at different angles as if that would shed light on correcting its flaws. In truth, it was a way to fill the uncomfortable silence that existed when his Master was pondering.

It looked impressive. However, in it's current state, it would serve the same purpose as a lightsaber sans an Ilum crystal; none.

?No.? Qui-Gon finally said with resignation. ?Your suggestion had some merit.? He shook his head slightly before leveling a stare. ?However, it would still preclude us from our primary purpose.?

The young Jedi tried not to display the ignorance on the exterior that he felt underneath. It was his understanding that the purpose of their mission was to deliver the new undetectable prototype communication unit to an operative working in the droid refurbishing unit on one of the Trade Federation flag ships.

?Master??

Master Jinn showed no reaction to the inquiry.

?Hmmm?? Qui-Gon snapped out of his thoughts. ?Oh, yes. Of course, we could certainly acquire an expert to work on this?this, thing.? He took it out of Obi-Wan?s grip and shook his head. He was never a fan of machines doing those things that could be accomplished through personal meeting. He set it back on the table a bit harder than was warranted ?But, I am afraid that our timing in the delivery may be just as important as the delivery itself.?

?Ah.? Obi-Wan responded, clearly relieved that he would not have known that, and therefore, his 'ignorance' was warranted.

?Perhaps another form of communication would be a more prudent course at this point.? Qui Gon nodded in confirmation of his own words while moving to the living quarters. ?In the foreseeable future, we only have a single day to assure that the dialogue with our operative continues. As we cannot count on that contrivance, we must determine an alternative.?

Obi-Wan chuckled with a tad bit of mirth while mumbling to himself. His jocularity was cut short by the razor sharp stare of his Master. ?Apprentice??

?Oh, sorry Master.? Obi-Wan offered up without delay. ?I was remembering your story of the 'webfoots and the small boy'.?

The stare turned into a gaze with a hint of a smile. ?You do me justice when you pay attention, Obi-Wan.? He said with a nod, agreeing with the application. The jist of the story was that you were likely to catch a number of webfoots if you walked slowly and surely down to the murky bog, as opposed to running down carelessly and catching only one as the others made their certain escape.?

?Yes, Master.? The young Jedi returned with a nod. ?If we cannot hope for the application of that?contrivance. Then we must resign ourselves to a 'walk' that might not be as productive, but far better than not moving forward at all.?

Qui-Gon smiled wide with the concise appraisal. He was still smiling as the outer hatch rose and two stomping feet moved into the kitchenette. The Master and the Apprentice looked at each other with amusement as they heard the cooling unit open without delay.

?Anakin.? Qui-Gon called. ?Is there anytime during the day when you find that your stomach does not find it necessary to exercise??

The stomping continued to grow more audible as the round face of a boy with mop-like blonde hair and a look of concentration negotiated around the corner of the connector and into the view of the two Jedi.

?When I?m sleeping.? He said with complete seriousness. ?Other times too, but I don?t know how to narrow it down. ? He shrugged. ?It changes.?

Qui-Gon kept a straight face, but he dare not look to Obi-Wan, who certainly had less control of his errant grins. Instead he nodded.

?I see.? He replied while noticing the datacards in the young boy?s hands. ?Master Virstionas has

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That w2as really quite delightful! LOL

3. QuiGonGal

QuiGonGal Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    I liked that! :)

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

Sometimes solutions are only complicated in their simplicity

LOL! Not bad at all. And how very Jinn to say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.