main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Mother's Tale- Obi-Wan's mother tells her story. Now COMPLETE 4-7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Mother's Tale
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe:pre JA-?
    Characters:eek:bi-Wan,OC's
    Genre:Drama
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

AN: I've always been curious to know about Obi-Wan's parents and what they might have been going through their minds when they gave Obi-Wan up to the Jedi. This story is about journal entries from Obi-Wan's mother, hope you enjoy it.

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 1

Entry 1

Usually I?m not the sort of person who needs to write down their thoughts and feelings. I usually keep them all bottled up in my mind and heart. But as I move on to an important chapter in my life I feel now is when the memories I have I will want to remember years from now. It feels strange addressing a datapad, but I intend for this to be entirely private. My name is Rella Kenobi, and this is my story.

I?ve lived on the planet Frenton my whole life, and I?ve never once left it in fact. I live in the capital city Ryell with my husband Ben Kenobi. Ben works at an office all day and I stay and tend the home. We?ve only been married for a couple of months so this arrangement is good for us. I?m still in love with Ben just as much today as I was the day I married him.

Now that you know a little about me I will say the important stepping stone of life that has just been put upon me. I found out today that I am pregnant with my first child. The shock hasn?t even begun to wear off yet. The idea that just nine months from now, my beautiful little baby will be brought into the world is hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday I was playing with dolls.

Lately I had been having morning sickness though at the time I didn?t know that that was it, personally I believed it to be the flu. I didn?t want to worry Ben, so I went by myself to the Med Center. It didn?t take long for the medic to pronounce me pregnant. In 7 months I will give birth to a baby. The thought excites and terrifies me all at once.

As excited as I am about the new life growing inside me, the nervousness starts. Will I have what it takes to be a good mother; will my baby be healthy when he or she is born? This and more, are the questions that have made me worried all day long. Not to mention the fact that I must soon tell Ben, no doubt he will be surprised. I do know however that he will make a good father, despite the fact that he and I weren?t anticipating becoming parents so soon.

Entry 2

Ben arrived home and I finally got up the courage to tell him that I was pregnant. He looked at me shocked for a moment before he pulled me into a kiss and started uttering sweet nothings in my ear. He is thrilled by the prospect of being a father, as I hoped he would be. Ben and I both can?t wait to invite the newest Kenobi member to the family.

Now, thoughts of the baby are keeping me up at night so I?ve decided to write once more in the journal I?ve begun. I wonder first if the baby will be a boy or a girl and then my second thought is what the baby will look like. In what ways will the baby take after each of us? What kind of person will my baby be in life? All of these I wish to know now, though I also want to wait and take it as it comes. Unlike Ben I lack patience, something I need to work on. Someday soon I will be a mother, and goodness knows I will need patience for that. Ben is telling me to come back to the bed and get some rest, I must go.

2. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    oh gosh, this is gonna be SAD i bet!!
    i like how you started with obi's mother just being pregnant with him.. hearing her feelings and her anticipation of being a mother... and Ben (i LIKE that! very fitting!) being so excited about the baby....
    like i said, this is gonna turn out sad!!!
    but i still look forward to reading more!:)

3. Zach_Tarin

Zach_Tarin Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2005
    I just as you are have always wondered about what kenobies history and family were like, this story is gonna be good, can't wait for more.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Interesting start. I look forward to see where this goes.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Good start! :D Looking forward to more.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Great start on this.

I think you captured the thoughts and emotions of Obi-Wan's mother perfectly and I love how his father's name is Ben...

but I concurwith obi_webb...this is going to be sad!

I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    obi_webb:Yes, it will be sad at times. I couldn't figure out what to call Obi-Wan's dad..and then I'm like...ooh what about Ben? Thank you!!

Zach_Tarin: Thank you, more is on the way.

Healer_Leona: Thanks!! :D

VaderLVR64: Thank you, next one will be up in a moment.

KELIA: Thank you, yes it will be sad.

8. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 2

Entry 3

Today the shock I felt yesterday hasn?t left, but now I?m beginning to get used to the idea. Having a baby will change so many things, but it would only be for the best. But at the moment, the baby has other ideas. I found I spent half the morning hugging the fresher, I certainly hope this part of my pregnancy will soon be over.

I had lunch with my mother today and I told her the news about my pregnancy, she took it remarkably well. She was thrilled by the prospect of having a grandson to spoil rotten. Then she began to talk my ear off with her endless concerns. Will there be a day when I act like this to my own children, I hope not. For one thing my mother already was asking what I would name my child and what I thought it was going to be. I couldn?t seem to make her understand that I only found the news out yesterday.

Entry 4

Tonight Ben and I went over to his parents house and told them the news. The entire Kenobi clan was there, so I felt a little bit intimidated to say the least. After we told them, I was bombarded with a million questions even more so than with my mother. Everyone is so happy for us, and I know that my baby will be well loved. I can just see it now, my son asking if he can go to Gramma and Grandpa?s house today. Wait a moment, did I just say son? Must be a mother?s intuition.

Its rather strange right now to believe that I?m pregnant as my body shows no signs of it being true. It will be even more strange when I wake up one day to see my bulging belly. So many things can happen to a young baby in the womb, it has been less that 2 days and I?m already feeling attached to the child I?m carrying.

3 MONTHS LATER

Entry 42

Today I finally felt the baby move. It was so strange; I was using the hydromop on the floor when I felt such a strange sensation coming from my stomach. I stopped what I was doing immediately and sat down. Then I felt a soft kick, that had made me laugh because it tickled so much. Then it kept happening, I?m now convinced it HAS to be a boy that I?m carrying.

When Ben came home from work, I pulled him close and let him feel the baby kicking. His eyes lit up and he looked as in awe as I had been when I first had felt the baby kicking. I think the best thing about finally feeling my baby move is that finally I know that my little one is eagerly awaiting his arrival in the world, just as eagerly as I am.

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 3

Entry 43

Ben and I have decided to not learn the sex of our child until the day arrives; we rather want to be surprised. No matter of the baby is a boy or girl, they will be loved. As for names we have figured out that if the baby is a boy we will name him Obi-Wan. I have no idea how this particular name came up, it was the strangest thing. I was taking a nap, sound asleep and then I just woke up and said Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan Kenobi has quite a ring to it, and Ben agrees with me on the name.

If the baby happens to be a girl I?m not sure what we will name her, perhaps after a relative. Speaking of the relatives they are constantly hounding me. I love them all but is it necessary to call me everyday to ask how I am. But I know they are excited and I can?t help but share their enthusiasm, this baby already means so much to us all.

3 AND A HALF MONTHS LATER

Entry 70

I?m now very close to my due date, and my body is beginning to show the signs of it. Now it has become very hard for me to get around the house, and often times my back hurts when I do any kind of physical activity which is my sign to take a break. Now I feel the baby move all the time, kicking most everyday. I find it such a welcoming feeling, and I get nervous if for one day I do not feel the baby kicking.

Ben is getting more and more edgy as time draws closer to the birth of our baby. He all the time is asking me if I need anything, can he do anything to make me more comfortable. Most nights he tries to get off work early so to be with me, my husband is such a wonderful man and will make the best father.

AN: Believe it or not my mom thought of my name the same way I have Obi-Wan's being thought of, hehe.

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was sweet.

I love how devoted Ben is to his wife towards the end of the pregnancy.

It's interesting how she came up the name, though. Wonder if the force had anything to do with that?

Great updates!!

=D= =D= =D=

11. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    KELIA:Awwww...that was sweet.

Thank you!

I love how devoted Ben is to his wife towards the end of the pregnancy.

Well Obi-Wan had to get that dedication from somewhere.;)

It's interesting how she came up the name, though. Wonder if the force had anything to do with that?

Hehe, maybe.

Great updates!!

Thank you!!

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 4

Entry 75

It has finally happened, I?m still pinching myself out of pure and utter disbelief. I?m a mother now, my son Obi-Wan Kenobi entered the word last night. Our baby is absolutely perfect, he has all his fingers and toes and has his father?s beautiful blue-grey eyes and the starts of reddish blonde hair, just like me. Now before the joys of motherhood distract me, I must recount the whole day.

This morning when I woke up I felt weird, not necessarily bad just?out of it. Ben went to work as usual telling me that he loved me and to call his comlink should anything happen. I told him I would be fine since I was so sure that my baby wouldn?t be born today, how very wrong I ended up being.

The first twinges of pain begun right after I had my afternoon meal. I was so sure it would be a few more weeks before my baby would be born, so I figured it was indigestion nothing more. But a few hours passed, and the pain intensified, and then I knew it I was in labor.

I signaled Ben on his comlink immediately. I told him not to be worried, but to just hurry home. I don?t think it worked that much, as he rushed in and then asked me a million questions. I just told him that the more nervous he got the more I would be. That got the message across and he tried to calm down.

I had been told before that giving birth is so incredibly painful, but it was more excruciating that I would have thought. Yet I knew all the while how worth the pain it would be. We went to the med center and I was put in a bed. Ben held my hand as the contractions hit, poor dear.

I was finally ushered into the delivery room and wanted to scream at the nurse who kept telling me to breathe. And then I wanted to smack the medic when he told me to push. But when I heard my son?s first cry, I felt ready to hug them. The medic announced it was a son, which means my mother?s intuition was right. Little Obi-Wan was put into my arms and I was in absolute awe.

He really is the cutest baby I?ve ever seen, and I?m not just saying that as any other biased mother would. Already I can tell he?s going to be quite the little charmer, with his big eyes. But all too soon they took him from my arms and told me to sleep. Despite how tired I was, I wanted nothing more than to hold Obi-Wan forever.

Now here I am in my room once more, trying to hide the datapad under my blanket so that the nurse doesn?t yell at me. I never was a good patient. But now I do suppose it is time to get some sleep, I will have a busy job soon. The only job I ever want in life.

12. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    You did a great job describing her emotions throughout the day.

She wanted to smack the medic?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved the update!

=D= =D==D=

13. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    He really is the cutest baby I?ve ever seen, and I?m not just saying that as any other biased mother would.

[face_love] That was my favorite line. :)

Now here I am in my room once more, trying to hide the datapad under my blanket so that the nurse doesn?t yell at me. I never was a good patient.

It's all a gene thing. :p

14. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Good story.
    Can't help but cringe at the saddness that is coming.
    The poor mothers of children taken to be Jedi.
    Of course, your story could be going in a completely different direction
    Keep up the good work

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    KELIA:You did a great job describing her emotions throughout the day

Thank you!

She wanted to smack the medic?

Hehe

Loved the update!

Thank you!

PadawanKaterina: He really is the cutest baby I?ve ever seen, and I?m not just saying that as any other biased mother would. That was my favorite line.

Hehe, thanks! :)

Now here I am in my room once more, trying to hide the datapad under my blanket so that the nurse doesn?t yell at me. I never was a good patient. It's all a gene thing.

Yeah lol, that's why I did it.

hyperspace_police:Good story.

Thank you!!

Can't help but cringe at the saddness that is coming.
    The poor mothers of children taken to be Jedi.

Yeah definately

Of course, your story could be going in a completely different direction

Well it's gonna follow the true events so...

Keep up the good work

Thank you!!

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 5

Entry 76

I feel so incredibly blessed in life, not only do I have the most compassionate and loving husband but I have the most adorable baby boy there ever was. Ben took off work for a week just to be with me and our son. We spend hours talking to Obi-Wan telling him about our past and how much we love him. Not to mention our wishes and dreams for him. We would support him in anything he would ever choose to be in life, no matter what.

I can tell that Obi-Wan is going to be a very smart person, he seems to take everything in around him and I could almost swear he was understanding what we were saying to him. But I know that he probably is just interested in the sound of our voice.

Obi-Wan doesn?t cry as some other babies would, he never really seems put out by anything. I only have heard him cry when he wanted to be fed or changed. And let me tell you, he has one voracious appetite. That child is going to eat us out of house and home when he gets older I?m sure.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Entry 84

Something highly strange happened today I?m still not sure how I can explain it. I had put Obi-Wan down for a nap, and then I fell asleep myself. I woke up 2 hours later and realized I hadn?t fed Obi-Wan yet and he would be hungry. Panicked, I went to my son?s crib only to find that he already had his bottle.

I don?t understand this at all, the bottles were all stored in a cooling unit next to his bed and I KNOW for a fact he didn?t have a bottle when I put him down for a nap. How could an infant open a chest and get a bottle? I don?t understand this at all. I must be loosing it.

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whoa - Obi-Wan fed himself!

:eek: :eek:

That's one resorceful baby!! I wish all babies would let their mothers sleep a little longer and feed themselves....:p

I'm impressed he's showing his force abilities so soon.

Great update!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    We would support him in anything he would ever choose to be in life, no matter what.

They don't know how hard it's going to be to keep that promise. :(

I don?t understand this at all, the bottles were all stored in a cooling unit next to his bed and I KNOW for a fact he didn?t have a bottle when I put him down for a nap. How could an infant open a chest and get a bottle? I don?t understand this at all. I must be loosing it.

Dun, dun, dun... :eek:

19. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    KELIA: Whoa - Obi-Wan fed himself! That's one resorceful baby!!

Hehe, yup.

I wish all babies would let their mothers sleep a little longer and feed themselves....

In a perfect world...

I'm impressed he's showing his force abilities so soon.

:)

Great update!!

Thanks!

PadawanKaterina: We would support him in anything he would ever choose to be in life, no matter what. They don't know how hard it's going to be to keep that promise.

Right.

I don?t understand this at all, the bottles were all stored in a cooling unit next to his bed and I KNOW for a fact he didn?t have a bottle when I put him down for a nap. How could an infant open a chest and get a bottle? I don?t understand this at all. I must be loosing it. Dun, dun, dun...

You said it!

20. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 6

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Entry 108

Something has happened that has literally shaken me at my very core and I honestly don?t know how to cope. It all started today when I took Obi-Wan to the med center to get the usual infant tests done since he turned a month old today. Little did I know what one of those tests would eventually mean to us.

The medic came to speak to me about the results of Obi-Wan?s test, I should have noticed he seemed a bit uneasy. Then he began to speak, I will put it down quote for quote because I do not thing I will ever forget the words he said to me.

?Mrs. Kenobi as you know we do certain tests on every infant when they reach one standard month,? the medic started. I just nodded at him, this was old news to me.

?Well your son is perfectly healthy in every way, but we did notice something,? he said not meeting my eyes. I held my son closer as I looked at him.

?Obi-Wan has a high midichlorian count,? the medic said.

The word was unfamiliar to me and I just stared at the man. ?What does that mean?? I asked.

?It means that Obi-Wan is Force Sensitive and that means he can be trained to become a Jedi,? the medic explained.

A Jedi! My son a Jedi!?! I was taken aback as I stared incredulously at the medic. I knew that Jedi went around the galaxy helping worlds with a multitude of problems. They were the warriors that could be unmatched, and the most selfless beings anywhere. They also lived on Coruscant, and used those lightsaber things.

And then I began thinking, could those tests be wrong? The Kenobi family, not to mention my family has never had anyone who was Force Sensitive in the past. I wanted to think they test was wrong, but then again Obi-Wan did get his bottle that one day (the little sneak). So I know it, my Obi-Wan might become a Jedi someday. But I still didn?t understand. ?How can this happen? My family has had no Force Sensitives ever,? I explained.

?Well that is not unusual, it?s been known to just pop up where you least expect it,? said the medic.

?So what happens now?? I asked, though I recall the voice not sounding like mine.

?I will contact the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and they will send a representative to your home to speak with you about the possibility of training Obi-Wan,? the medic said.

A Jedi coming to my home?will the surprises never end today? ?Thank you,? I said.

?Your welcome?you know I think Obi-Wan is the first Force Sensitive child Frenton has had in years, or at least with the potential to become a Jedi. You must be proud,? the medic said as I left.

?I will always be proud of my son,? I answered and I soon left the Med Center with Obi-Wan and started heading home.

Now don?t get me wrong I?m so proud that my son is so special (now I understand how he got his bottle that day, the little sneak), but in the same token it saddens me because I know that he might soon be taken to the Jedi Temple.

21. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    ?Well that is not unusual, it?s been known to just pop up where you least expect it,? said the medic.

Lol. :p

Now don?t get me wrong I?m so proud that my son is so special (now I understand how he got his bottle that day, the little sneak), but in the same token it saddens me because I know that he might soon be taken to the Jedi Temple.

:( Poor Rella.

I can't wait for her to tell Ben, and then for the conversation with the Jedi. Who will it be?

22. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    goodness, i've gotten behind!
    i was RIGHT, this is gonna be sad!
    it started the last part!
    ?I will always be proud of my son,? I answered
    that line really got to me for some reason! in that line it made me think of all the great things little obi-wan will do with his life someday and the mother he left behind that will ALWAYS be proud of him.....
    very sad!
    and VERY well written!
    if you have a pm list could you put me on it? i don't want to miss the next part!

23. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Beautifully written- I love Obi-Wan the babe; so very cute!:D

Great job=D= - Can't wait for more.

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well she certainly handled the news of Obi-Wan's force sensitivity well.

I really like that she will be proud of him no matter what but does she realize she will have to give him up?

Enjoyed the update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

this is sad, and nice,She is so happy to have Obi-wan
    and now the Jedi will come
    I dont think she understands what's in store for her,or her husband
    What is she going to do when they want Obi-wan?
    A jedi's life is good but we know what happens to Obi.

What a great story.=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.