main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga THE JEDI AND THE SITH (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, TPM AU) COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GEN_MASSIMO, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    Title: THE JEDI AND THE SITH
    Author: Lincoln_6_Echo, formerly GEN_MASSIMO
    Timeframe: TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Genre: drama, short story
    Summary:in an universe where Jedi and Sith co-exist, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn joins Sith Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi in a diplomatic mission to free Naboo from the Trade Federation blockade. But Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are much more than working partner and merbers of two rival orders...

You can see the story cover here: [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/GeneraleMassimo/TheJediandtheSith2.jpg]Click on the image to see the cover art better.

Thanks Ticklesivory!

Please notice Obi-Wan's attire and yellow saber.

THE JEDI AND THE SITH

Author?s note: this is an AU where Jedi and Sith co-exist. They are no longer enemies, but rivals. They both use the Force to serve the Republic, even if their methods are quite different.

This story also assumes that you have seen ?The Phantom Menace? and that all scenes not
    specifically altered herein, occurred as they were depicted in that movie.

PROLOGUE

EXCERPTS FROM THE AUDIO JOURNAL OF QUI-GON JINN, JEDI KNIGHT.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

My son is gone.

They have taken him away.

I barely had the time to say goodbye before he was snatched from my arms and carried away from the Temple.

From my life.

I am on probation, my knight status under scrutiny, my every action examined to discover hidden, dangerous behaviours.

My status of Jedi is on hold and yet, for the first time in my life, belonging to the Order is not the most important thing in my mind. It seems like my childhood dream, the dream I have worked so hard to transform in reality no longer matters to me.

No, that?s not true. Had it been so, I would have defied the Council more, or I would have resigned to be with my son. Instead, I bowed to the masters? will and let my boy be taken away.

Forgive me, my son.

Forgive me, Lydah.

I was not strong enough to fight the Council. I was not strong enough to renounce the life I love.

I tried, but it was not enough.

Forgive me.

My eyes are squeezed shut now, to prevent my tears from falling, and this morning?s events flash in front of my closed eyelids.

I am back in the Council Chamber, standing still in the middle room, the unforgiving gazes of the twelve masters fixed on me.

?Knight Jinn, the Council has decided. Your request has been denied. The boy won?t be accepted in the Temple.? Master Ki-Adi-Mundi?s words are like a stab to my heart.

?Why Masters?? I force my dry mouth to say. ?The boy is strong in the Force, he has the potential to become a great Jedi. You certainly see-?

?Decided it has been to make an example of your situation for other Jedi. The Code broken cannot be.? Master Yoda interrupts me.

?But the Code is not against casual relationships.? I insist. ?I admit it was unexpected I came to sire a child, and it is very sad the mother died giving birth to him, but there was no attachment between Lydah and me. We just comforted each other during a difficult situation??

?It is not to the mother you are attached; it is to the boy.? Master Ki-Adi-Mundi says again, his eyes accusing.

?He is my son! How could not I care for him?? I all but explode.

Ki-Adi-Mundi shakes his head, sadly but firmly. ?Qui-Gon, we cannot accept the boy and create a precedent. If we allow you to keep the boy near you, other knights, especially the younger ones, would feel entitled to be as careless as you were. The life of a Jedi is a life of sacrifice, and our legacy is in the padawans we train from childhood to knighthood. This is why we cannot grant your request. However, you must not worry for your son. We have already found a good family for him; he will be taken there today.?

I know I am beaten and I have not the strength to fight more. ?Let me take him to them??

?No.?

?But-?

?Enough, Knight Jinn!? Yoda exclaims with a tone that does not admit replies. ?Dissolve this attachment you must if to re

2. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    That's a great start, GEN_MASSIMO!

Can't wait to see where this one goes! [:D]

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, emotional start! THis looks very cool, more soon!

PS. Thanks for the PM!

4. MasterlessPadawan-K9

MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    :eek:............................................HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!!!!!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's son

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wonderful twist.

Thanks for the PM - I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D==D=

6. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i loved the start.cant wait to see where a sith jedi co existing fic leads. :D

7. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    :eek: Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's son!!:eek: You know what? Now you have just fully convinced me that the council members are jerks. No I don't care that they are the head of the Jedi Order, I say that Qui-Gon leaves and stays with his son! Deciding to make him an example to the Order, that is just cruel!:mad: Okay, rant over.:p This is very interesting.

Update soon!=D= [face_praying]

8. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Wow.. I'm glad you PM'd me with this! My attention was captured from the moment I read that Obi was a Sith! I was touched by Qui-Gon's predicament, and learning that his son was Obi-Wan makes it even more powerful. I can't wait for more!

9. wolf4492000

wolf4492000 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    An interesting story so far.

This story has brought me out of lurking.

So anyway, could you pm me when you update.

10. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow!!! That was one heck of a start!! Thank you so much for letting me know about this and please keep me on your PM list. (I'll be leaving on holiday Wednesday morning, but when I get back I'll be checking my PM's and catching up on alot of reading :D .)

11. GEN_MASSIMO

May 20, 2005
    Thanks to you, guys!

I've been overwhelmed by your response![face_dancing][face_dancing]

Magenta_Moonshadow, Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, KELIA, sithrules70, jpauln, HandmaidenVeme :

Thank you so much for your nice words, they are much appreciated!!!

MasterlessPadawan-K9

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!!!!!

Is it good or bad? o_O

wolf4492000

An interesting story so far. This story has brought me out of lurking. So anyway, could you pm me when you update.

I am honoured I conviced you to step out from the shadows...I hope you will like the rest of the story.

Master_Talek

Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's son!! You know what? Now you have just fully convinced me that the council members are jerks.

Yes, in this story they behave exactly like that. They are so afraid the Code might be broken they are refusing an extremely gifted child and destroing the hopes of the young, till that moment by-the-book Qui-Gon. They will pay dearly for it.

12. GEN_MASSIMO

May 20, 2005
    Since I got so many reviews, I decided to reward you with another part today!

The action jumps 25 years forward, in TPM time-frame, and this universe Sith are introduced in the picture.

I hope you will like it.

THE JEDI AND THE SITH

PART 2

EXCERPTS FROM THE AUDIO JOURNAL OF QUI-GON JINN, JEDI MASTER.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple, 3:4:4

It is almost amazing how quickly time elapses, but even more amazing is how the mind can retain the memory of long-past events, so that they look as fresh as if they have just happened.

Most of the time, these memories deal with something pleasant or joyous, but it is not always so.

Twenty-five years ago, on this very day, I saw my son for the last time, and yet it feels like it happened yesterday.

The memory of that day is burned in my mind and heart. I have never been able to forget it, no matter how much I have meditated on the subject.

If I am completely honest, and I wish to be, I have never really tried to release those memories to the Force. I have held onto them with all my being, the exact opposite of what the Council had wanted me to do.

At first, I kept all the memories regarding my son secret, putting strong shields around them, so that Master Yoda could not see them during our shared meditations. However, as I grew older and became more critical of the Council?s ways, I stopped hiding those memories, and made them known, with pride and defiance.

They have been both my comfort and my torment during these long years, and they have influenced some of my actions?something, I am sure, the Council would be appalled to know.

My eyes fall on the compartmented wooden box open resting on my knees. I made it with my hands, and it contains twenty-five stones, one for each of my son?s naming days.

These are the gifts I bought for you, Obi-Wan -- that I have never be able to give you.

I often wonder what you must look like today. Are you tall like me? Or did you take after your mother?s family? What are you doing now? Are you a pilot? A lawyer? A doctor?

Would I recognize you if I happened to meet you? I wish to believe I would. Your Force signature was so strong, so beautiful, so unique?

I should stop entertaining such wishes. The galaxy is so big, the chances of meeting my son are practically non-existent, no matter how much I confide in the will of the Force.

And speaking of the Force and its will, it is best I concentrate on what awaits me tomorrow?-my first joined mission with a Sith.
    I cannot deny it, I am very excited I have been given this
    opportunity. I know the Code states Jedi do not crave excitement, but I have the feeling this mission will be important for both the Jedi and the Sith.

I put away the wooden box and try to remember everything I know about the Sith.

Their order was created about a thousand years ago, when a group of rebellious Jedi knights left the Temple in disagreement with the Council and the Code. They believed emotions to be important and refused to release them into the Force, even the negative ones; those considered to be a pathway to the Dark Side.

A bloody war followed the rift, but it ended with no victors, too many deaths on both sides and a still-standing peace treaty.

Since then the two orders have co-existed, not as enemies, but as rivals and sometimes allies, because they both serve the Republic, albeit in different ways.

Where the Jedi are mostly diplomats and negotiators, the Sith operate in situations where the diplomacy has failed.

The Jedi work to prevent and avoid wars; the Sith work to end wars.

The Jedi negotiate the release of hostages; the Sith rescue the hostage when the deals fail.

The Jedi are guardians of peace; the Sith are warriors.

The Jedi release their emotions into the Force; the Sith hold on them.

The Jedi are servants of the Light Side of the Force; the Sith always tread near the thin line separating the Light Side from the Dark Side of the Force. They live in a perpetual grey zone, and this is one of the reasons for they are al

13. MasterlessPadawan-K9

MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    :D Ah man. This is gonna be good! And yes, that was a VERY good thing.

14. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    I agree this is going to be an amazing story. Keep it up.

15. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Whoa! I like this so far. What an unique plot. Can you PM me when you update?

16. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
  17. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Now this is the first time I'm every going to say thing, "Man, I'd rather be a Sith rather than a Jedi right now!" I hope Qui-Gon can meet Obi-Wan somehow, I wonder if he is a Sith?;)

Great post! Update soon! =D=[face_praying]

18. Aelan_Greenleaf

Aelan_Greenleaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Great job! I can't wait for the next part! =D=

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well I have to say, after reviewing the difference between the Jedi and the Sith, I'd probably chose to be a Sith...they don't sound so bad....at least, not yet.

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Great update! I loved the contrasts between the Jedi and the Sith. I like this Sith order (maybe even more than the Jedi). I can't wait to see what these Sith are like.

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Interesting concepts of the co-exsitence of the Jedi and the Sith, can't wait to see how Qui-Gon and this "sith master" react to each other

More soon!

22. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm hooked already. This is such an original concept.

Can't wait to see what happens when Qui and his grown-up son Obi meet each other. [face_worried] I think there's gonna be some sparks.

23. wolf4492000

wolf4492000 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    This is good, you are definately, imho, one of the better writers. I love the description,the depth, but most of all the concept.

I am very interested in the Sith and Jedi coexistaning.

Also, with Obi-wan as a sith, he should be very different from the cool and cllected jedi we all know and love.

Cant wait for more.

24. GEN_MASSIMO

May 20, 2005
    ....to express how touched I am by your reviews!
    I have been writing (in another fandom) for the past 5 years, and I got my good share of feedback, but never before a story of mine had been so well received.
    Thank you so much to all of you! The feedback is the only reward we "amateur writers" get for our stories (along with the pleasure we get in writing them, for I believe we write because we love to do it, but most of the readers take us for granted and do not bother to us even a little note or a simple "well done".
    Getting feedback spurs the writers to write more...this morning, I woke up, read the reviews left for me during "my" night (I live in Italy), got all giddy as my muse began to wonder about a possible sequel to this story...I am not sure there will be a sequel, mind you, for I am currently busy working on another story and my muse can decide to go on vacation after it is complete, but I wanted to point out how "powerful", how stimulating can be to get reviews.
    So thank you, MasterlessPadawan-K9, Fat_Bird, voxynking, Magenta_Moonshadow, Aelan_Greenleaf, KELIA, jpauln

And thank you:

Master_Talek

Now this is the first time I'm every going to say thing, "Man, I'd rather be a Sith rather than a Jedi right now!" I hope Qui-Gon can meet Obi-Wan somehow, I wonder if he is a Sith?

You will discover it pretty soon!

JediMaster_Jen

Can't wait to see what happens when Qui and his grown-up son Obi meet each other. I think there's gonna be some sparks.

You can bet on it!

wolf4492000

This is good, you are definately, imho, one of the better writers.

You don't know how much this means to me. You are very, very kind. And since you like my style, may I suggest you to read my other two stories, the one listed in my signature? They are both complete. I am especially fond of "Rewind", but "Sad Warriors" is very poignant too. Just don't be "scared" by the strange crossover, because the story is just about two men that have so many things in common it is amazing. (end of the shameless self-advertising)

I love the description,the depth, but most of all the concept.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am very interested in the Sith and Jedi coexistaning. Also, with Obi-wan as a sith, he should be very different from the cool and cllected jedi we all know and love.

Yes, Obi-Wan is different...but he is also the same.

And since I know how to be grateful, I have decided to post part 3 today... :)

I hope you will enjoy it!

25. GEN_MASSIMO

May 20, 2005
    THE JEDI AND THE SITH

PART 3

EXCERPTS FROM THE AUDIO JOURNAL OF QUI-GON JINN, JEDI MASTER.

Diplomatic Cruiser on route to Naboo, 3:4:5

Shocked.

A Jedi is supposed to never, ever be shocked ? and yet I am.

There is no other world to describe how I feel.

Today I met my son again.

It seems almost incredible it had to happen today, less than one day after I thought about how slim the chances of an occasional encounter were. But this is no occasional encounter, I can feel the Force?s design behind everything.

It could not be different, for I do not believe in concepts like ?fate,? ?destiny? or ?fortune?.

There is only the Force.

It is thanks to its will if Master Dest-Parce has fallen ill during the night and the Sith Council has decided to send a last-hour replacement.

My son.

Sith Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Every time I close my eyes I return with my mind to this morning, to the moment when I suddenly felt a ripple in the Living Force.

I turned around and watched as a grey-robed figure crossed the landing platform near the Senate Building. It was still distant from where I was, but even so I was able to see it was not Master Dest-Parce. This man was much younger, in his mid-twenties.

I studied him with interest as he as he got closer. He was shorter than me, his body slender and compact, his stride athletic and confident.

The young man finally stopped in front of me and bowed.

?Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn?? he asked, his voice soft and cultured.

?Yes,? I answered, bowing both in greeting and agreement, as the Living Force whirled around us.

?I regret to inform you Master Dest-Parce fell sick during the night. The Sith Council sent me to replace him. I am Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

I am ready to swear the universe stopped moving for a moment as his words sank in and that beautiful aura of his washed over my shaking shields.

My son.

There, in front of me, as I have imagined hundreds of times.

I think I must have staggered because Obi-Wan?s hand reached for my elbow and his concerned voice asked, ?Are you all right, Master Jinn??

?Yes, yes,? I managed to say. ?It was just a passing dizziness, nothing to be worried about.? I forced myself to ground and centre and regain at least a pretence of control and calm.

Obi-Wan did not seem too convinced but before he could say anything, the captain of the diplomatic cruiser Chancellor Valorum put at our disposal joined us on the landing platform, and our attention focused on the trip to Naboo and the problems that might await us once we arrived.

Shortly after we boarded, Obi-Wan and I separated and retired into the quarters assigned to us for the trip. We had agreed to meet in the briefing room in a couple of hours to discuss the mission in a more detailed way.

I had the intention of meditating and bringing my raging emotions under control, but it is proving very difficult, for I keep on thinking about Obi-Wan.

Oh, Lydah, it is such a tragedy you cannot see him now! He looks so much like you!

His face is handsome and full of quick-silver intelligence, just like yours.

The straight nose, refined cheekbones, strong jaw and resolute mouth surrounded by a well-trimmed goatee give him the look of an holomovie pirate? he just lacks an earring to be perfect for the role. His hair, ginger-coloured as his beard, is cropped short in a spiky, military style, except for a thin braid near his right ear. It is the same haircut adopted by the Jedi padawans to mark their status as apprentices, but it has the opposite meaning for the Sith. It symbolizes the attainment of knighthood, and the tiny yellow beads inserted in the braid indicate the missions successfully accomplished by its bearer.

I have counted at least fifteen of such beads in our son?s braid. I can only wonder what kind of missions he had been in? and I cannot quell the bout of pride I felt when I spotted them. He is so young and already so successful! But I suppose I have no right to feel proud of his accomplishments. I cannot claim any me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.