main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Beginning Of The End (vignette Obi-Wan relects on Qui-Gon/Anakin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinGirl05, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Title: Beginning Of The End
    Author: Anakingirl05
    Timeframe:ROTS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin
    Genre: angst/mush
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns it all, I just like to play with them for fun...
    Summary: Obi-Wan reflects on his fallen Master on his way to meet with Anakin one last time on Mustafar
    Notes: Although this is not my first fan fic, it is my first here at TFN and I am oddly nervous! Special thanks and hugs to my source of inspiration PadwanKayla for challenging me to do this and for the very quick beta!
    (Quote from TPM)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Qui-Gon had said. Little did Obi-Wan know how important those words were to become and how it would prove to be the beginning of so many changes to his young life. It was the beginning of the friendship and the eventual Master/Padawan relationship he would later have with Anakin, the beginning of the grooming of one who would prove to become ?The Chosen One?. It was also the beginning of the end in so many ways. It was the beginning of the end of Qui-Gon?s life, the beginning of the end of Obi-Wan?s youth, the beginning of the end of the Jedi.

Obi-Wan did not want to reflect on the sorrow now; now, he needed all of the insight that the Force could provide him. Here he was, former Master himself to Anakin Skywalker, the boy he promised his dying Master he would train, stowed away on Anakin?s wife?s ship, ready to kill that same Chosen One, the newly appointed Sith apprentice. There was only one thing that could keep him sane, only one man whose wisdom and love could keep him from succumbing, from running away in retreat.

He cleared his mind and relinquished all thought. He felt the Force and all its light flow through him as he saw in his mind?s eye his Master, Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan felt an overwhelming sense of peace flow through him, a feeling that encompassed him and made him feel whole. The tears started to fall from his eyes.

He saw himself as a young boy in the Temple, gazing upon the older thirteen year olds who were soon to become Padawans, and wondering which Master would take him on as an apprentice when he too was old enough. He saw the look of pride upon their faces and yearned to have that same feeling. He was often curious about his family and thought that perhaps this was the Jedi?s way of giving these children someone to look after them, much like a mother or a father would.

He remembered back to when he was finally a boy of thirteen, his moment now arrived. He knew he belonged with Master Qui-Gon Jinn; it was something his heart unknowingly told him. He remembered the heartbreak, thinking that he was not going to be chosen, that Xanatos had forever crippled Qui-Gon?s huge heart, the heart that Obi-Wan knew he wanted a place in. Then there was the joy, the overwhelming joy when finally, his Padawan braid was bestowed up him and he could call Qui-Gon his Master.

They shared so much over the years, heartache, lost loves, countless missions and hours upon hours of meditation. Meditation exercises were a specialty of Qui-Gon?s that Obi-Wan once despised, though now, he would give anything to be sitting across from his Master in silence, knowing that his soul was speaking volumes. They had excelled at non verbal communication. Their Force bond was something of a legend amongst the others at the Temple. They had a shared spirit, often united as one. In him, Obi-Wan had found his home. Qui-Gon was the father he never knew, teaching him everything. He was the mother he never had, holding him close when things got to be too much, telling him all would be okay. He was the sibling that never existed, teasing him and taunting him yet always looking out for him. Qui-Gon was his family, his home.

He saw the gleam in his Master?s eyes when he introduced Anakin. He remembered the unexplainable jealousy that scorched him that day, the voice inside his head

2. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    =D= Congratulations on your first story posted here! You did a great job with the challenge I gave you and you are very welcome.

This was a great take on what Obi-Wan was feeling on his way to Mustafar. The reflection of the road he has travelled since a very young Jedi is well summarized here. I loved the idea that he felt Qui-Gon had become his family. And already he is indirectly communing with Qui-Gon.

?I have failed you, Master.? Obi-Wan said as the tears continued to stream down his face.

This line I found particularly poignant. It?s an ironic mirror of what he ends up saying to Anakin. Poor Obi-Wan, taking the blame on himself for all that has gone wrong. :(

The Force was with him; he was no longer alone.

Nice way to end this, showing Obi-Wan?s resolve.

Bravo, my friend!

3. Dark_Disciple

Dark_Disciple Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Oh, poor Obi, he really suffers doesn't he? This is so lovely and sad my dear. You rose to that challenge beautifully! And good on you PadwanKayla for making her do it. =D= To you both. Love Qui-Gon here. He is so important to the saga and yet he's really only in it for so short a time. And then the disaster of Anakin's fall into darkness...

Well done!! *Looks proudly on*

4. ceridwen1977

ceridwen1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    He recalled the feel of Qui-Gon?s fingers upon his face, the whisper of his dying request, the request to train the boy that Obi-Wan was now off to destroy. The very boy that Obi-Wan had tried to nurture and love in the same way that he had been nurtured and loved, the very boy who now had brought an end to everything that Obi-Wan had ever known.

I had to quote that because it was so touching... I am often so consumed with thinking about Anakin I often forget about the dilemma of all the other characters.

Poor Obi :_|

I am going to watch ROTS again tonight and I know I will have these thoughts in my head now, I will try to see from Obi's POV and how he gets his strength to have to do his terrible mission

:* Thank you

5. DarthFernal

DarthFernal Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2005
    well,well,well.Anakingirl,you never cease to AMAZE me with your writing skills! You truly have a gift![face_love] i love the way you describe the relationship between the two without going into major detail. And to be able to describe what you have, in a way that you haven't before, is complete genius!I felt so many emotions while reading this, which is what i think you were going for. You've accomplished it baby! Keep up the fantastic work! your writing , along with everything else is truly breathtaking !!!

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Aw, what a nice way to show the bond between Obi-wan and Qui-gon. Very well done! My heart was aching from the intense emotions you described.

=D= =D= =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    You did an amazing job portraying Obi-Wan's grief for Qui-Gon and Anakin

Very well done and welcome,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    As a MEGA Qui Gon / Obi Wan fan, I loved that!
    Well done! =D=

9. AnakinGirl05

Jun 1, 2005
    PadwanKayla Thank you again for the challenge and for being such a great inspiration to me, you are the best!! [face_love] What would I do without you? [face_thinking]

Dark_Disciple Thanks! That means a lot coming from you who just so happens to be one of my favorite fan ficcers!

Ceridwen1977 I am glad I gave you something new to think about as you watch ROTS. Thanks for reading!

Fernal You sweet talker you...You do know how to flatter a girl! [face_batting] Glad you liked this one!

VA_Parky I have always loved their bond and wanted to write about it. Thanks so much for reading!

KELIA Thanks for the welcome, I think I am going to like it here! Glad you liked it!

Magenta_Moonshadow As you can probably tell, I too am a huge Qui/Obi fan *sigh* I am so happy that you feel the same way! Thanks!

10. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i'm in a sappy mood today anyway, your story didn't help, sweetie.

but i salute you having made the first step towards publishing at tfn! well done, my former apprentice. =D=

11. AnakinGirl05

Jun 1, 2005
    darth frared my former Mistress...thank you as always! Sorry if I added to the overall sappiness of your day, but i am glad you read it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.