main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unorthodox Methods (Qui/Obi/Ani, AU) - one shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Title : Unorthodox methods
    Author: P_A
    Genre: Gentle Humour
    Timeline: Post TPM, AU.
    Keywords: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, prism, pillows
    Summary: Qui-Gon should have ducked when Anakin starts learning the ways of the Force.
    [Keywords and Summary, courtesy Diane :D )
    Notes: Written originally for the 'Broken Nose of Qui-Gon' Challenge thread, over on the Before Boards. That was a loooooooooong time ago. Since this vig techically falls in the post TPM, era, I thought I'd repost it here.

Unorthodox Methods

"Once more, Anakin," urged Obi-Wan's voice.

Anakin Skywalker sighed, wondering at the famed Jedi stoicism, particularly when it came to accepting the brunt of a gruelling regimen - and if he would ever, some day, possess it. "I am trying, master..."

"You know what Master Yoda would say to that comment, don't you," came the wry response, and Anakin sighed again. Feeling a gentle prod of encouragement through their bond, he gathered wayward tendrils of the Force around him, trying to focus on the clay bowl in front of him. If he could only lift it more than an inch off the table...

"Perhaps a break is in order," came another voice to his left - a rich baritone. "It would serve us all better, I think."

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn unravelled himself gracefully from the meditation posture he had adopted for the past hour - as had they all - and stood up. "Taei, Obi-Wan?"

"I don't see why not," murmured Obi-Wan as he sat back, assuring himself that Anakin had not tipped the bowl over - not that that was likely to happen, at the moment. One never knew, though. "I would prefer the Corellian blend - have we stocked it?" Receiving an answer in the affirmative from the kitchen, he turned towards Anakin. "What about you, Ani?"

"No taei, thanks. I'd rather have muja juice." The ten-year-old stifled a yawn with difficulty - though there were still two hours until his bed-time. He looked at the door to his quarters with longing, wondering if he would be dismissed soon. He did not usually prefer retiring early - but today ...

It had been exhausting, even by Jedi standards. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had begun by teaching him the rudiments of the fifth kata, which, to the boy, seemed to involve an inordinate amount of leaping, flipping, graceful curves and perfect stances. The two masters had been unrelenting - Anakin would later discover that they had thought themselves lenient - and it had been a back-breaking session, to say the very least. After that had come meditation, which had been curiously refreshing - he had found it unexpectedly easy to focus, and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been pleased. Anakin had been inclined to think of it as a fortunate co-incidence, until Obi-Wan assured him that the fifth kata had something to do with it - as one progressed further, acquiring skills, meditation automatically became easier - or some such thing.

Three tutoring sessions later, Master Qui-Gon had decided that they would continue with their levitation lesson that evening - simple levitation, into which he had been initiated ten standard days ago. Anakin had been suitably excited - until he found that raising even a pin off the floor required a concentration he apparently had no energy left to gather.

Am I tired, or am I bored? He wondered briefly, before accepting, gratefully, the tall glass of juice handed to him. Surely he had slaved far more on Tatooine, and stayed up for longer hours?

He felt a questioning probe along the edges of his mind and looked up, to find Obi-Wan gazing quizzically at him.

"Tired, Ani?"

"A bit. But I'm not bored," he added quickly - and felt a twinge of embarassment as Obi-Wan broke into a chuckle. He had not intended to say that. But then, he knew that his masters - neither of them - would take offence at some of his quips. Well, not all the time. Perhaps others would - but he was singularly blessed, he thought, to have been take

2. masterjames

masterjames Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2005
    good story=D= cant wait to read more

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved it the first time I read it and this time, too. LOL on the pillow fight. I can just imagine those three going at it with pillows. =D=

4. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Very cute!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It had been a while since I've read this and totally forgot the end of it! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] That was sweet! Qui's poor nose. ;)

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was very sweet.

I loved how Anakin tried to throw the pillow at the end

Well done

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I remember this one :) :)

9. Kestrel_Kenobi