main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Kids Are Okay (Sequel to Sweetest Thing, CH 9 & 10 Posted)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    The Kids Are Okay
    by obi's girl

Summary: Cherith and Valin come clean about their relationship to their families, and what they learn from them is more than they expected. While preparing for her wedding, an unexpected visitors shows up on Sera's doorstep and her arrival creates waves throughout the base.
    Notes: Sorry for the really long delay in starting posting for this fic, but here it is finally.

//We have to do this// Cherith reminded herself as she and Valin came to her parent's apartment. Most likely, her mom already knew what was going on and supported her but her dad was another story. Jagged Fel had always been very protective of his only daughter, and believed she was growing up too fast. Maybe that was case. Still, Cherith knew no matter what they said, it wouldn't change her feelings for Valin.

Valin placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. "It has to be done."

Cherith gave him a half-smile. "I know...I wish we could stay in the closet about this, but it isn't right. It's only proper we do the adult thing and tell them.? She turned to the door, pressed the speaker. "It's Cherith."

A moment later, Jag came rushing to the door. He smiled at his daughter and then frowned when saw Valin standing beside her.

"We need to talk...Is Mom here?"

Jag was silent as they followed him inside the apartment. "Your mom went to see Sera. She's helping Sera plan her bachelorette party."

Cherith looked at Valin, and then let go of his hand as she grabbed a stool and sat at the counter in the small kitchenette. "I just wanted to talk to the both of you about something, but I guess its better I talk to you first. You're the wild card here."

Jag smirked, and his green eyes sparkled. "What is it you want to talk to me about??

She glanced at Valin and smiled. "Us. We want to talk about us, because there is an 'us'. And we've been hiding it from everyone."

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Cherith, but I already know; everyone knows, actually. Well, everyone including your Uncle Luke, the Antilles', the Horn family, your mom and from the report I received an hour ago, the entire pilots' lounge knows."

Valin's cheeks reddened and Cherith's eyes dropped to the counter top. "The pilots lounge?it wasn't meant to be like that! Valin and I had been in a fight, our first fight, actually, and we made up, and we both came to a realization about something important. Very important."

"The pilot's lounge was embarrassing but forgivable," Jag said, crossing his arms. "What is this new revelation?"

"We love each other," Cherith said. "I know we're both too young for this but we truly love each other, and this isn't something that will change. Ever. We love each other."

Jag moaned and shifted uncomfortably. "I was afraid of this," he muttered and he looked at Cherith. "You are right about one thing, darling, you're both too young for this. Cherith, you're 15 years old and Valin, you're only 17! You two have only been friends a year, and this is crazy!"

"Dad..." Cherith cried.

"Sir," Valin interrupted, "I love Cherith, and I?ve loved her since the day I met her. I know this is right, and we would feel better about this if we had your blessing."

Jag shook his head. "You're not getting it."

"Daddy!" Cherith cried. "Please don't do this."

Jag smiled sarcastically, waving his finger. "I am quite possibly the only one here who is thinking rationally in all of this. Everyone likes the two of you together because you're cute together, but Cherith, I was once young once too. And at your age, you have a lot to focus on. You're training to be a Jedi Knight; you need to focus on that. I know you have a strong ability, but this is unacceptable."

"I can focus and spend time with Valin at the same time. I've sparred and practiced with him for the past year and his presence has never been a distraction before."

"That was before all of this started, when you were still friends, Cherith. You're not friends anymore, you're boyfriend and girlfriend. There's a difference ther

2. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    **first reply ever!!(to this story**

Oh i like it! I like where /how you picked up and everything! great job!

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks.

~ aeryn

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo yay, you're posting it!! Nice start :D

5. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Can,t wait til dinner.=D=

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    yay! this is more like it.

The Kids Are Okay (Chapter 3)

Jaina paced herself as she neared the gym. It wasn't as busy as it normally was; only a few Jedi and some military men and women were exercising. She was very pleased with herself that she had been able to convince Jag that Valin was a good kid and that his relationship with Cherith was a good thing, and then he decided to help them bond a little, to invite them both to dinner. Jaina thought it was a very bad idea for several unnamed reasons. She liked Valin of course but the idea of having Valin Horn and her daughter sit across from her and Jag, and knowing anything could go wrong, terrified her. But Jag had already made the decision so there was no use backing down.

She finally found Cherith practicing with her lightsaber against a remote. Jaina had never attended her daughter's training sessions with Kyp, but Cherith's form was flawless. She parried, blocked, parried and her eyes followed the remote, tracking its movements so she knew when it was the right time to strike it. // That's not Kyp. He's never that precise. She must have taught herself to do that.// Jaina waited until Cherith successfully blocked several blows and the remote turned itself off.

Cherith turned off her lightsaber, clipped it on her belt and wiped her brow. She smiled slightly, noticing Jaina. "Hey, Mom."

"You did a really good job. It was very impressive. The way you were able to track the remote...I saw how your eyes followed its' every move. It was amazing...Kyp didn't teach you that, did he? Because I know Kyp's fighting style, and that was nothing like his."

Cherith shrugged, grabbing a small towel and patted her face for sweat. "He didn't teach me that. I taught myself, actually. It wasn't easy. I had to teach myself to forget about my surroundings and to focus on the remote, and trust my instincts and feelings," she paused. "Why? Do I need more practicing?"

Jaina shook her head. "No, Cherith, your technique is flawless, better than mine, actually."

"I don't know if I'm that good, Mom. But we'll see sometime, maybe in a sparring match or something."

"That would be interesting," she said and then remembered why she had come. "Cherith, your father and I would like to invite you and Valin over for dinner. It was actually Jag's idea. I was able to convince him Valin is a good kid and you're good for each other, and now, he wants to get to know Valin. Hence, the dinner, or in my mind, a night filled with unpleasant surprises."

Cherith frowned. "You think it isn't a good idea?"

Jaina shrugged, sitting on the bench and resting a hand on her growing belly. "I hope I won't come to regret it. I keep telling myself that I have faith in the Force nothing will go wrong, but then, there's that nagging feeling something will."

"It's called being nervous, Mom," Cherith said, "I am too. I'll call Val and tell him about it."

"Be wary, but don't be too obvious about."

"I know, Mom."

Jaina sighed, standing up again, and wobbling a bit because of the extra weight. "There is no reason to be worried, right?" she asked Cherith again.

Cherith shrugged. "I don't think so."

"Okay then," Jaina said finally and left the gym. Cherith was worried too...a little bit.

~~

Casey moaned, standing outside of her sister's quarters. She didn't understand how Sera could turn her away. She had always been a good sister and she considered herself to be a very responsible person. Casey leaned up and pressed the com button again, but Sera ignored her. She muttered a Corellian curse and as she turned, she nearly fell over a pilot.

"Oh sorry ma'am," he said, offering her his hand.

Casey shook her head, looking up at the man. He was dressed informerly for a pilot, brown slacks, white shirt and flight jacket. His boots were wrinkled and his blonde hair wasn't very messy but it wasn't clean cut by pilot's standards. "You're a pilot?"

He shrugged and smiled. "During office hours, I am." He glanced at the name on the door. Fey`lina. "Are you a friend of Sera Fey`lina

7. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    :DAmazing It,s magnificant bravo bravo. =D=

8. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    Merry Christmas oops I meant to just edit my last post.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks.

~ aeryn

10. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    When do you think you,ll post?

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I hope you all had an awesome New Years! Now, for the posts.

The Kids Are Okay (Chapter 4)
    by obi's girl

Casey followed Hobbie to his apartment, which was actually in the same hall as her sisters, but she didn't really care. Case had dated all sorts of guys in her life, the good guys, the bad guys, the bad but not quite bad guys but she had never met anyone like Hobbie before. She'd never been committed in a relationship. Even if the guy was really nice, there was always something she found wrong with him and walked away before she got hurt. //Maybe Sera was right. I do have issues with commitment. I hate it when she's right!! //

By the time that thought occurred to her, she was already inside Hobbie's apartment. There was a small kitchenette and an equally small living room and then past the kitchen, a narrow hall that lead to two rooms. Hobbie scratched his head. "I used to bunk with another pilot but there were some issues. Temporarily, I use the extra room as an office, but I can clean it out and you can sleep there."

"It's a nice place."

Hobbie smiled, walking over to the couch and clearing off some dirty laundry but Casey laughed, "I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not a clean person either and I have a lot of male cousins," Hobbie froze but Casey laughed again, nodding. "I was kidding. Sera's my only sister and we generally have a very small family."

"Honestly," he said, raising his arm and resting his elbow on the couch, "I have never pictured Sera as having a younger sister. I always figured she was an only child; Kyp probably thought the same thing too."

"And everyone else she has ever met probably don't even know I exist," Casey muttered. "The truth is, I was a troublesome teenager when Sera and I were younger. I never listened to Mom and basically got in with the wrong crowd, but now I'm trying to turn my life around. I was enrolled at the University but I couldn't continue...I couldn't continue because I want to be an actress and staying in a classroom taking tests and stuff isn't going to help me become a famous actress. It has to happen now."

Hobbie smiled. "When you become a famous actress, I can say the famous Casey Fey`lina stayed in this apartment when she was a struggling actress trying to please her sister."

Casey frowned and crossed her arms. "I don't look for anyone's approval, especially Sera's. I have never asked for it. All I've ever asked of her is to be understanding, but she thinks this dream of mine is stupid."

"Sorry, Casey, I didn't mean to offend you."

She smiled a little, looking around the apartment. "I haven't fully explored the base...could you give me a tour?"

"A lot of places around here are top secret and off limits to civilians, but we do have a pilot's lounge," he said. "I trust that you're over seventeen so it'll probably be okay."

"Twenty-four actually," she corrected.

"Let's go then. I'd like for you to meet some friends of mine."

~~

Jaina poked her head into the kitchen as Threepio helped Jag make dinner. He insisted on making dinner, but Jaina knew Jag's culinary art skills were virtually non-existent so she implored Threepio and Artoo to help him. He growled and barked at Threepio, telling him he could handle it on his own. Jaina had offered her assistance too, but Jag had declined, stating that he would make dinner himself. He was so stubborn, Jaina couldn't believe it. Typical male ego,// she thought and cleared her throat, walking into the kitchen. "How is everything going here?"

"Wonderful," Jag said and glared at Threepio. "Dinner should be ready in an hour or two."

"Good, I'll go and get Cherith," Jaina said and walked calmly back into the main room, counting the minutes until Jag called after her. She knew dinner was unsalvageable, and Jag would give in and ask her to order in.

"---Uh wait Jaina," Jag called and she turned to him. "I think it would be better if we ate out. There are a lot of places to go."

Jaina nodded and looked at Threepio, and smiled. "Yes, I think that would be a wonderful idea, darling

12. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    "Okay, we'll elope. I haven't been stupid in a long time."

Oh I don,t know about that.;)

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Is anyone really reading this story? if not, I have other things to work on.

~ aeryn

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm still reading, though I missed the last few posts [face_blush] I love this story, don't stop posting!!!

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    No!!! You can't stop it now!!! Please post more [face_praying]

16. nikjo88

nikjo88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    ya...don't stop posting!!!!i've been keeping up with this fic along with your previous ones...although i don't post replies...PLEASE PLEASE continue posting...I BEG u:_| !!!!!It's a great fic!!!![face_love]

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Sorry, there hasn't been a post in a very, very long while. I have four classes this semester and have been very busy with those. So, to make up for lost time, here's three chapters.

The Kids Are Okay
    Chapter 6

by obi's girl
    //They look good together// Jaina heard him say from behind. She smiled, not surprised her mentor decided to suddenly show up after his long absence. When was the last time she saw Qui-Gon? A very long time ago. Jaina nodded to him and he followed her into another room. //The reason for being so secretive is because...//

"No reason. I just don't want Cherith and Valin to freak out over seeing a ghost. This dinner has made them nervous enough. Valin might crack if he sees a ghost," she stated and Qui-Gon grinned. Jedi seeing ghosts was a "norm" but he agreed with her.

//Who's wonderful idea was this?//

Jaina snickered, "Would you believe that I was finally able to get Jag to finally accept Valin? So the dinner is his idea, but somehow I have this feeling, it's heading for disaster. Nothing good ever happens in this family."

Qui-Gon shrugged. //Jaina, you must have faith everything will work out. If you're worried about Jag, he loves you and Cherith and wouldn't intentionally do anything to jeopardize his relationship with his daughter.//

"That's a relief," she muttered. "Speaking of Cherith, have you seen her during lightsabre practice? She's very powerful, even Kyp isn't that sharp with a lightsaber. She's better than me!"

//I have noticed, yes,// he said coolly. //She's going to be a very powerful Jedi some day.//

Jaina sighed. She was watching Cherith through the Force and saw she and Valin were talking quietly with each other. "Yes, she is."

~~

//This is a really stupid idea...why did I agree to elope with Kyp? I wanted a nice quiet wedding with some friends as witnesses but instead, I'm here, in a downtown wedding chapel, waiting, and waiting...// Sera turned as Kyp came running down the isle with their marriage license.

"I finally got it but the minister is going to be a little late since he's coming from a funeral home, administering services there," he said as Sera's eyes widened, unknown to him.

She sat down on the pew, setting her bouquet aside. "No offense, Kyp, but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind for our wedding."

Kyp shrugged. "I thought you wanted to be spontaneous."

"I want to be married; I want to marry, you but not like this. I want my friends to be here, I want Corran to give me away, and I think I said that before because I was still angry with Casey and wanted to prove to myself I could be spontaneous."

"You think you're not a fun person?"

Sera huffed. "Fun, spontaneous, crazy, I'm not that type of person, Kyp. I've never been that person. I think that comes from a military background. I always want to control things, and if I don't have control, it drives me nuts. And Casey, she's a girl that completely lacks control."

Kyp hmm'd, finally understanding the reason for the animosity between the Fey`lina sisters. Sera was a control freak while Casey let her destiny and her dreams lead her wherever they took her. "I'm not a psychiatrist, Sera, but I think I understand. We'll have a private, small wedding like you wanted," Sera smiled, "but Casey must be your maid of honor." Her smile immediately disappeared and was replaced by a frown.

"Why?"

"Because she is your sister and it'll give you more time to bond with her and understand why she is the way she is and why you are the way you are,? Kyp said and grinned.

Sera smirked, pushing him playfully. "No, you're not a psychiatrist, Durron, but I'll ask her." She paused, and leaned over and kissed Kyp's cheek. "Thank you, Kyp."

~~

Valin and Cherith met Jag as he came into the kitchen and propped some boxes on the counter and grabbed some napkins. Jaina came in from the bedroom, Qui-Gon still watching them from a distance. Jaina grabbed some plates and utensils while Jag showed off the food and Cherith poured some ju

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Yey new posts :D

Jag was so calm that I thought it was his clone there :p

And I really liked how you put some scene's from Enemy Lines and your earlier stories :)

But I'm also disturbed by the lack of Solos and Skywalkers at the table [face_worried] I have a bad feeling about this...

19. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    Yeah!!! new post!new post! i'm so happy i'm so glad:D it was great...i hope luke n leia dun have to die!
    can't wait 4 e next post!

20. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    [:D] [face_dancing] =P~ =D= :) I,m histarical.

21. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    new post coming up soon???
    PRETTY PLEASE[face_batting] ?!!

22. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    Up soon??

[face_praying] i hope so...

I cant wait esp for the twins' birth...is it confirmed that they will be 2 boys??any names yet?...o_Oi can help with suggestions if ya want...

23. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    Postee please [face_batting]

24. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Go away froa bit and yay look what i get. Long awaited but i am soo glad you continued. I loved the sweeteset thing.

Gem

25. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    ECHO! echo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.