main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Touching the Presence- Contains Christian content

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by micky-nikki, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Okay, I am 13 and still pretty inexperienced when it comes to writing. This is my first story so it's probably not very good. It does have Christian content so if you don't like it don't read it. Enjoy!

Touching the Presence

Qui Gon Jinn dropped his pack on a chair, relieved to be home. The mission on Tel? Pari had been long and difficult, both mentally and physically. He wanted nothing more than to sink into the cushions of his bed and sleep. A quick glance at his apprentice, Obi Wan Kenobi, told him that their thoughts were probably following the same pattern.

?Padawan I am going to retire for the night,? Qui Gon said. ?I would advise you to do the same. You look nearly dead on your feet.?

?Yes Master,? Obi Wan said around a yawn. The boy trudged into his room, leaving the door open a gap.

Qui Gon went into the kitchen and got himself something to drink. He sipped slowly, savoring the cool liquid. When he finished he set his glass in the sink and headed towards his room, flipping off lights as he went.

As he passed Obi Wan?s door he paused and frowned. The Master heard the soft voice of his Padawan from inside the room.

?? thank You for keeping Master Qui Gon and me safe on Tel? Pari. Please bless Qui Gon and the rest of the galaxy with Your never-ending love. In Jesus? name I pray, Amen.?

Qui Gon gazed into the room. Obi Wan was rising from his kneeling position on the floor and climbing into bed. As he watched, the apprentice flipped the switch of his bedside lamp and the room darkened.

Qui Gon pulled back, his frown deepening. Obi Wan had told him before that he practiced a religion. Though Qui Gon didn?t say it aloud, it was clear that he didn?t approve. His Padawan had better things to do with his time then fantasizing about angels and miracles. Though somewhere deep down he was touched that Obi Wan would ask for a blessing on him from whoever it was he prayed to.

He entered his room and changed into his sleep clothes. The Master climbed into bed with a sigh, falling asleep the moment his head hit the pillows.

[hr]
    Qui Gon opened his eyes then shut them again. The light was so brilliant he feared it would blind him. But there was something different about this light. It seemed almost [i]alive[/i]. It seemed to be coming from nowhere and everywhere all at once and it was [i]warm[/i]. This strange light suddenly increased a hundredfold and he fell to his knees, covering his face with his hands.

When the Jedi risked opening his eyes again the light had softened and he could just make out the form a person in the glow. The light around this figure was brightest making it difficult for Qui Gon to tell if the person was male or female.

As the being approached the light intensified again and Qui Gon was forced to squint and look away. Suddenly he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. Qui Gon stiffened and looked up slowly. He was still kneeling on the ground and now there the being was crouched next to him, light flowing from the open face.

Now that they were closer Qui Gon could clearly see that the person was a man. He had gentle emerald eyes and light brown hair. The mouth was forming a small smile and the man spoke.

?Hello Qui Gon.?

The voice was rich and deep and sent pleasant shivers down his spine.

?Wh-Who are you?? Qui Gon asked, his own voice shaking a little. ?Where am I??

That smile broadened. ?Come, follow me. All will be explained.? The man rose fluidly and walked away.

Qui Gon scrambled to his feet, not wanting to be left behind and get lost in this never-ending light.

But as they walked the scenery changed. The two men were no longer surrounded by light but by a flourishing garden. There were plants everywhere and each was different then the next. There were tall trees and small bushes covered in flowers. Every kind of flora imaginable could be found in that garden. Qui Gon gazed around in pure awe.

When he found the man he was sitting on a bench that was tucked deep into the garden and surrounded by flowering plants. He gesture

2. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I really really liked this, being that I am religiousO:) . GREAT JOB!=D=

I must ask where does the Nikki in your name come from?

3. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    wow that was fast! thank you very much!! the name micky nikki is what my grandmother used to call me. my first name is mikayla and my middle name is nicole.

4. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    I am very glad to see a story like this here. Very glad indeed.

Thanks for posting this, friend. Good work. =D=

Obi-gone

5. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
  6. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    thanx for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it!!

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ?Can you touch a fantasy, Qui Gon?"

Very sweet and interesting.

8. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That was such a sweet story! It really touched me. :) I wonder what it would be like to sit down and talk with Jesus. I bet a lot like Qui-Gon's experience. :)

?Can you touch a fantasy, Qui Gon?? he whispered.

I loved this line. It holds a lot of power for words so simple, yet that's usually the way it is. I like how you brought the blossom back in at the end.

Welcome to the Boards, Mikayla! I hope to see more of your fics posted soon. :D

9. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    That was lovely, micky-nicky! Well done! [face_love]

10. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    No thank you micky-nikki ! And about the name thing I was asking because my real name is Kimberly Nicole and I am also called Nikki and ocasionally Mickey by younglings.
    Lol

11. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    DarthIshtar thanx!

Nienna_Narmolanya thank you I'm glad you liked it! And thank you for the welcome as well!

Magenta_Moonshadow thank you!

kenobiwanobi oh, lol how cute! [face_love]

12. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    micky-nikki wrote: Nestled in the palm of his hand was a small, blue blossom.

That was wonderful! Being a believing Baptist myself, this was a pure delight to read.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your writing. =D=

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Very good and insightful.

Good story. :)

14. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    BrentusofGath thanx! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your writing. I should have a new piece posted within the week.

DaenaBenjen42 thanx! :)

15. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh wonderful. Beautiful writitng and you definatly got His nature.:-D Will you doo more Nikki?

16. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I congratulate your courage to post this on these boards. =D= I wish there more fics like this to read and think on.

I tend to include subtle christian aspects in my writing in hope that the seed will take root and someday blossom. :) I admire what you have done with this fic. :D

Keep up the good work and I hope to read more from you soon! :)

17. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    Jauhzmynn thanks for reading! Will you doo more Nikki? yes, I have one story in the works and another that's ready to post.

bek thank you! I thought this would be a good way to introduce myself on the boards. :D I tend to include subtle christian aspects in my writing in hope that the seed will take root and someday blossom. keep working on it. I'm sure you'll write something wonderful. :)

18. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Good.:)
    Bek, I do the same with subltle inclusion of seed planting.:-D It's laborious, but with patitance a harvest comes.

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Jauhzmynn posted: Bek, I do the same with subltle inclusion of seed planting. It's laborious, but with patitance a harvest comes.

I agree! :) It's sometimes so easy to include it as if it belongs there and then there are times I'll sit and stare at the screen trying to figure out how to get it in there. I'm glad to know that others do the same. ;)

20. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for the pm with the link, micky-nikki!

I'm not religious, but you wrote their encounter very well. I like how even though Qui didn't really approve of Obi's worship, he accepted it and was touched by Obi's asking after the well-being of others. [face_love]

Very nice, especially for a first story! =D=

21. Taraum

Taraum Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 7, 2006
    Love it. It melts the heart.

22. Sunniva

Sunniva Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2006
    I loved it. Very touching. I am a Christian. Star Wars mixed with Christianity is the best thing that has ever seen the light.[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The man suddenly reached out and captured Qui Gon?s hands between his own. The Master noticed a pale white scar on the top of each hand.

?Give me a chance. I promise you, you won?t regret it.? Qui Gon lifted his eyes and gazed into captivating green eyes. ?Don?t close your heart to me, Qui Gon. Give me a chance.?

And, to all of us who have given Him a chance, He has proven Himself to be everything He claims to be! :)

It's so nice to see a Christian Star Wars fic on the Boards, especially one that is so well done! =D= =D= =D=

I gave Him a chance many years ago, knowing something was missing from my own life. I had tried to fill that void with everything I could think of, but nothing helped. Then, someone told me about Jesus... I didn't think that He was the answer either, but didn't have anything to lose by trying. I basically said, "Jesus, if you are real, prove it..."

I didn't expect anything to change, but suddenly everything was different! It was as if my eyes had been opened, like the blind man that Jesus had healed, and I could finally see!

The void was gone, and I have never needed to look again. I could write books about what He has done for me since then! :)

I think that George Lucas patterned the Star Wars Light and Dark sides of the Force to mirror the good and evil of our own world. I chose my signature to speak of this true Light, which is ever shining.

I do hope that you will write more fics with Christian content , m-n! Good job! [:D]

Star

24. nichollsvi

nichollsvi Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2005
    An excellent story. I'm delighted to see Christian authors posting how they think the Jedi would deal with religions. One of the things you don't see posted a lot is how they would deal with established religions, for example how they would deal with one of their own believing in something else other than the Force.

Victoria

25. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This is beautiful! :)

=D= =D= =D=

I am a Christian as well, and I really enjoyed this. I love how you capture Qui-Gon's doubt, and Obi-Wan's faith. I also really enjoyed the way that you had Qui-Gon touched by what Obi-Wan said when he was praying. Someimtes simple things can touch people the most. @};-

Amazing work!

God bless!

Ani-maniac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.