main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Ruff Day (Obi/Qui, SW/HP crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by micky-nikki, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Title: A Ruff Day

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or Harry Potter. Any recognizable characters belong to George Lucas or J. K. Rowling. I am making no profit from this, just having some fun.

Summary: During training Obi-Wan runs into a big problem. Some Obi/Qui mush but no slash.

Important Author?s note: I don?t think this is one of my better pieces. It?s so mushy-gushy you?ll barf. ;)
    I read the Harry Potter books over the summer and have created my own little universe that blends Star Wars with Harry Potter. I have a ton of notes that I have written about this universe but the majority of them are completely useless to this story. Here a summary of my world:

Obi-Wan Kenobi was born on December 18th in Keel, Ireland. His parents were Joseph and Karen Kenobi.

Both Karen and Joseph were animaguses or wizards who can turn themselves into a certain animal at will. Obi-Wan inherited this trait but is a poly-animagus meaning he can change into many different animals. Obi-Wan isn?t trained enough to change into large animals but he can handle creatures like dogs or birds easily enough.
    That makes much more sense with the full notes but I think that is all that?s needed to understand this. If anyone has a question just give me a shout.

Bond speech

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn leaned back against the wall and watched his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, practice. They were in one of the many training rooms of the Jedi Temple and Obi Wan was practicing his Transfiguration skills.

It was truly amazing to watch his Padawan shift from one creature to the next. Obi-Wan had been at it for nearly an hour now and Qui Gon imagined that he must be getting tired. But all the training was beginning to pay off. Obi-Wan could now manage larger animals and transform with less strain. The idea of changing into an animal still blew Qui-Gon?s mind but he would do all he could to help his apprentice master this peculiar skill.

Obi-Wan changed from a cat to a bird to another furry creature Qui-Gon didn?t recognize. When he went from that animal to a small, ginger colored dog the Master called out, ?That?s enough for today, Padawan. You are getting better at this every day you train. Change back and we?ll go get something to eat.?

Qui-Gon pushed off the wall and headed for the door of the training room. When he noticed that no one was following him he turned back, a puzzled look on his face.

?Obi-Wan are you coming?? he asked.

Obi-Wan was still sitting in the middle of the room. He had yet to transform back into a human. His head was cocked to one side and he looked like he was concentrating very hard. Then he lowered his head to his chest and closed his eyes.

?Padawan??

The apprentice?s head suddenly snapped up, his eyes popping open.

[i]Master I?m stuck![/i] Obi-Wan cried through the bond they shared.

?What?? Qui-Gon said coming to kneel in front of his Padawan. He could feel the boy?s panic beginning to flood their bond.

[i]I can?t change back![/i] Obi-Wan said desperately, his eyes wide. [i]I tried and tried again but I can?t, Master! [/i]

?Padawan you must relax,? Qui-Gon soothed. ?I?m sure there is an explanation for this.? Even as he said it Qui Gon felt his unease rise. The details of this transforming thing were still very much a mystery to him.

?Has Professor McGonagall ever mentioned anything like this?? he asked. Professor McGonagall had tutored Obi Wan in Transfiguration during his occasional visits to Hogwarts. Perhaps this wasn?t unusual for an animagus.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath and released his fear into the Force. He bowed his head again thinking back to his lessons with McGonagall. [i]Yes,[/i] he said slowly, lifting his eyes to meet his Master?s comforting blue gaze. [i]She said when an animagus is first learning their skill they might get stuck every so often.[/i] He paused thinking. [i]Maybe that?s what happened. I was trying bigger animals today. That is a lot harder.[/i]

?Did she say how to fix it?

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was really cute. A ginger-colored puppy and Qui-Gon. Adorable! Good job.

3. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] I'm sure Obi-Wan would make an adorable puppy.

Nicely done, m_k.

4. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Another very good effort micky_nikki. =D=

5. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Another wonderful piece!:D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I found the idea of Obi-Wan stuck as a puppy simply adorable, especially when passing the group of initiates. :D :D Cute fic. micky-nikki.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww! [face_love] It was adorable! No rotten veggies from me! ;)

Loved the lil crossover idea :D Well done! =D= Loved it!

8. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    dianethx thanx for reading!

Fluff-slayer [image=http://dogsindia.com/images/Golden_Puppy_Kannan3.jpg] he would, wouldn't he [face_love]

BrentusofGath [:D] thanx!

kenobiwanobi thank you very much for reading!

Healer Leona:) thank you!

Kynstar No rotten veggies from me! lol I'm glad to hear it ;) thanx for reading!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaaaawwwwwwwwww!!! [face_love] I love dogs, and the thought of Obi-Wan as a puppy... *melts*... sooo cuuute! =P~ [face_love] And that picture! Awwwwwwww!!! :* :D

I really loved the relationship between Qui and Obi in this story. That mush at the end was very delicious. =P~ [face_love]

?I mean more than just last night,? Obi Wan said, gazing up at Qui Gon. ?You always take really good care of me, always keep me safe and secure. You?ve always been there for me, to help me learn and grow. You?ve been more than just a teacher to me, Master. You?ve been a friend? and a father. So? thank you.?

Qui Gon felt his chest swell with pride. ?Obi Wan Kenobi I have had the joy and privilege of teaching you. It has been my honor to help guide you keep you safe. You are more than a student to me, Obi Wan. You have been a dear friend? and a son. And for that I thank you.?
    *sniff* Beautiful!!! [face_love]

Thanks for sharing this very cute story, micky-nikki. You're an excellent writer, IMO. Are you sure you're only 13? o_O ;) There's no way I could have written something this good at that age. Meh.

@};-

10. micky-nikki

Dec 31, 2005
    Bastet thank you for the awesome feedback!! You're an excellent writer, IMO. *blushes* thanx, that means a lot to me. :)

11. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Awww....[face_love] I can imagine Obi-Wan as a puppy. I think he would be a Golden Retriever. Funy thing is, when I get a dog, I want to name him Obi-Wan and this story reminded me of it.[face_love]

Great post! =D=

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awwwwwww, that is so cute! Love how Qui took care of Obi, comforting him when Obi was frightened. I'm sure Obi would be adorable as a puppy! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.