main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga FIC: Devotion **New 1/22/06** (Completed Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    A follow up to the story that I posted last week called "Saber."

TITLE: Devotion
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Sequel to ?Saber?. Post-Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith. Non-slash. Obi-Wan re-discovers friendships he thought lost.
    ARCHIVE: Ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

REFERENCES: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover and Legacy of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission by Jude Watson.

~*~*~*~*~
    Devotion
    ~*~*~*~*~

Hood drawn and face concealed, Obi-Wan Kenobi strode through the city of Mos Eisley always taking care to avoid any unwanted attention. It wasn?t too difficult. With the high density of crooks, runners and thieves in the area, he was free to roam the city with little notice from others. But he was unsure of the two beings that belonged to the traces in the Force that Qui-Gon had warned him about, so he obscured his face as a precaution.

As he moved, he reached out carefully into the Force, looking for the source of those traces. He needed a direction as he wasn?t sure if the unknowns had yet arrived in the city. The Jedi Master had quickly taken to this town, despite the rampant criminal activity. He felt safe here. One could disappear quite nicely into the crowd if needed. Imperial troops were becoming more visible with each day, but they were not an issue of concern. The weak-minded were no challenge to a master of the Force. The thought made Obi-Wan smile, but only for a moment as the Force suddenly directed him towards an alley behind one of the city?s many cantinas.

Reaching down for the blaster holstered to his belt, one he?d picked up to help hide his true identity, he followed the lead of the Force.

Two humanoids hidden under dark blue robes moved quietly through the small crowd at the end of the alley, near the entrance to the cantina. They glided into the alley. Obi-Wan followed, waiting until just the moment they were out of view of the crowd to make his move on them.

Blaster rammed into the back of the taller one, he quietly directed them into the abandoned building, out of sight from anyone who might wander past.

?I promise you, I won?t miss if you choose to run.? Obi-Wan said, changing his heavy accent to attempt and sound more like a Tatooine regular. ?All I want to know is who you are and what you are doing here.?

The taller of the two responded. ?We are nomads looking for a friend of ours who we thought to be dead. We wish no harm to anyone.?

?Nomads, huh? Force sensitive nomads? Are you working for the Empire??

?No. We are trying to avoid the Empire.?

?As are we all. How do you know your friend is here? Perhaps he?s elsewhere. Who is it that you looking for? Perhaps I can help you find him.?

Something about the way the man behind them pronounced the word ?elsewhere? triggered something in the older of the two beings. He knew that accent, no matter how hard this person was trying to hide it. All he needed to do was place it. A subtle hand signal was given to the younger of the pair to stay calm and allow things to work themselves out. ?He could be elsewhere, but he could be here. How do I know that it?s not you who is working for the Empire??

?I assure you, I want to avoid them at all costs.?

?You?re hiding from them. I can feel it. Yes, we are Force sensitive. As are you. We are hiding as well.?

?You need to hide elsewhere then.?

There was that word again. And at that instant, the blue hooded being nodded and released a soft laugh.

?I don?t see what?s funny.? The man?s insistent voice continued, ?You and your companion should lo

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
  3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    What a lovely story! Very moving. It is nice to see ObiWan recieve some comfort thru lost friends. Again Bravo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.