main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Cooking with Dooku ***(Chapter 7 Posted 3/07)***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarkLordRising, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordRising

DarkLordRising Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Title: Cooking with Dooku
    Author: DarkLordRising
    Timeframe: Before TPM, but continuing through TPM, AOTC, and ROTS
    Characters: Dooku, other various SW characters, plus some OCs
    Genre: Action, Humour, Cooking
    Disclaimer: All similarities to anything created by George Lucas is strictly coincidental!
    Summary:The origins of Count Dooku, and his infamous cooking!

Chapter One - How does Yoda like his eggs?

"Do, or do not. There is no try," Yoda instructed his Padawan, Dooku as he tried to make the Jedi Master his breakfast.

"But, Yoda, how am I supposed to know how you like to have your eggs cooked?" replied the confused lad.

"Feel the Force flowing through you, you must," replied the diminutive Jedi Master. "In its warmth, you will find the answer to the questions you ask."

Dooku concentrated and felt the Force all around him, it was a feeling that he was growing increasingly familiar with, and one that calmed him as he felt its calmness relaxing him.

He was picturing a serene landscape with a calm ocean lapping the beach he was standing on. He saw twin suns in the sky above him, the heat beating down relentlessly on his brow as he started to sweat. The suns had vivid yellow hues around themselves as they followed each other in the sky.

The clouds in the sky formed a white aura around the twin suns, coelescing and dissapating repeatedly around them. It was a dance that was causing spots to appear before his eyes from gazing at the suns for a prolonged period of time.

He shook his head and closed his eyes. He could still see the yellow orbs dancing in his head, as they separated and closed. He again tried to relax and reopened his eyes.

He was now standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the beach below. The waves were starting to ebb and flow faster crashing into the beachhead below at a near maddening pace.

The suns above him were now closer to the horizon shining in a brilliant luminescence that he once again had to avert his eyes from before he was blinded from it. He was starting to sweat profusely now as the suns drenched him in heat.

He could feel his blood boiling inside of him as the temperature seemed to rise exponentially from within his body. The cool water below the cliff invited him to escape from this fiery torture he was encountering. A few more minutes and he would be roasted alive in the weltering heat.

He couldn?t take it any longer and dived off of the cliff into the cool, refreshing water below. But, it was for naught, as the water was sizzling as well. He quickly swam for shore as the water started to boil around him.

He narrowly escaped from its clenches as it was now consumed in fire. He looked back and saw the ocean in flames, the heat searing through his skin causing the sweat to drip steadily from his skin as he looked for anything that might give him shelter from the flames that started to chase after him.

He spotted a cave and dived into its mouth as the flames coalesced outside waiting for him to come out. He turned around and saw broken glass littered on the floor of the cave. He had to walk carefully to avoid the shards of glass that would shear his bare feet if he stepped in the wrong spot.

He came to a dead end where there was no safe place to step without cutting his feet. He relaxed and tried to calm himself now. He breathed deep, closed his eyes and thought of the pieces of glass. He saw a form emerging in front of him. He rearranged the pieces strewn in front of him carefully as they pieced together on the wall in front of him.

He reopened his eyes and saw himself in the mirror that was now in front of him. He was older than before, and his hair was gray with a full beard. He looked pleasingly upon his older self and now finally felt calmness all around him. He saw the fire all around him now and yet was not alarmed by its fieriness.

It was now as calm as the serene beach he had been on before. He touched the flame with his hands and it obeyed his commands to not harm him. He smiled as he w

2. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    *lip twitch*...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] scrambled...*snort* That..that whole beautiful thing for eggs..XD fantastic!

3. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Scrambled eggs for Yoda... [face_laugh]
    Very nice.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL, all that when Yoda could have simply answered the question. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    :) Nice little fic you have going here.

-DS

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] That would make me crazed in the morning. I am NOT a morning person! [face_frustrated] Great job! =D=

7. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Heehee. Imagine going through all that trouble every morning for everything Master Yoda wants. Quite funny!

8. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    Lady_Snow_Kaguya:*lip twitch*... scrambled...*snort* That..that whole beautiful thing for eggs..XD fantastic! Thanks for the compliment, I hope that breakfast for Yoda was worth it.:)

Rilwen_Shadowflame:Scrambled eggs for Yoda...
    Very nice.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the choice that I made... just think if I had said that Yoda actually preferred something else...[face_idea]

Healer_Leona:LOL, all that when Yoda could have simply answered the question. Yes, Yoda does bring out the best and worst in his Padawan's sometimes doesn't he...[face_mischief]

-Darksaber-:Nice little fic you have going here. -DS Thanks for the compliment, anything else you would suggest Dooku to cook would be appreciated... ;)

VaderLVR64:That would make me crazed in the morning. I am NOT a morning person! Great job! Thanks for enjoying a little silliness, I'm sure that most people are not morning persons, myself included... [face_tired]

SabyneAmberle:Heehee. Imagine going through all that trouble every morning for everything Master Yoda wants. Quite funny! Thank you for the compliments. Yes, a Jedi Master can be very demanding especially if you don't really know what they want you to accomplish... [face_mischief]

Now, for the next Chapter in our show...

Chapter Two - Jedi Hero Sandwich

Dooku was looking over a recipe that he was preparing for the return of the Jedi Council to the Jedi Temple. They were returning from their daily Jedi combat tournaments famished from the amount of force it had consumed from them.

He reread the ingredients to himself as he prepared over three hundred Jedi Hero Sandwiches for the returning warriors. Three tablespoons of olive oil; one small onion, finely chopped; two garlic cloves, chopped; fifty-six ounces whole tomatoes in purée, puréed in a blender until smooth; two teaspoons salt; 3/4 teaspoon black pepper; six skinless boneless chicken breast halves; two cups all-purpose flour; 3 1/2 cups fine fresh bread crumbs (from firm white sandwich bread), lightly toasted; one cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; six large eggs; lightly beaten; two cups vegetable oil; four (12-inch-long) loaves Italian bread, halved lengthwise; one pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced.

Make tomato sauce:
    Heat olive oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomato purée, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.

Prepare chicken:
    Gently pound chicken breasts to 1/3-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap using a flat meat pounder or a rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
    Stir together flour, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl, then stir together bread crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano in another shallow bowl.

Dredge chicken slices in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, and dredge in bread crumbs until evenly coated. Transfer chicken to sheets of wax paper, arranging slices in 1 layer.

Preheat oven to 400°F.
    Heat vegetable oil in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then Fry chicken 3 pieces at a time, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch. Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain.

Arrange bottom halves of bread loaves on a large baking sheet and tops on another large baking sheet, all with cut sides up. Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce on each top and bottom. Divide chicken between bottom halves. Top each (open-faced) sandwich with 1/4 cup tomato sauce and one fourth of mozzarella.

Bake open-faced sandwiches in lower third of oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. When cheese begins to melt, put tops of loaves in upper third

9. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    Mmm...Jedi Hero Sandwiches...

?My Padawan, you are, the other way around you are not,? Yoda declared. ?Prepare my breakfast now!? he demanded.

Lol...

Um...I suggest something purple for Mace.

10. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Hmmmm....Jedi Hero sandwich...Sounds delicious *Runs into the kitchen* *Returns with a Jedi Hero Sandwich* Delicious!!!

11. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    -Darksaber:Mmm...Jedi Hero Sandwiches... Lol...

Um...I suggest something purple for Mace.
    You get what you wished for in Chapter 3, hope that you enjoy!:)

Terra_Wan_Kenobi:Hmmmm....Jedi Hero sandwich...Sounds delicious *Runs into the kitchen* *Returns with a Jedi Hero Sandwich* Delicious!!! How was your sandwich? :D

Now for the next Chapter in our show...

Chapter Three: Mace Purple Knight

Dooku was summoned to the Jedi Chambers by Master Yoda. He walked at a slow, deliberate pace to there as he had just been awoken from a rather pleasant dream he was having. He entered through the door and walked to the center of the room.
    He stopped and stood at attention awaiting his Master?s orders. Yoda cleared his throat.

?Ahemmm??, he said. ?Report to Jedi Master Windu you will do?, he stated.

?And what will I do??, asked Dooku.

?See you will when you arrive?, the green Jedi Master answered.

?Very well, I?ll be on my way then,? Dooku said.

?Yes, go you will,? Yoda instructed, ?Much to learn you have.?

Dooku exited from the Jedi Chambers and went to the nearest locator station. He punched in Mace Windu?s name and the computer came back with his location.

Mace Windu is located on the Planet Haruun Kal, his homeworld.

Strange, Dooku thought to himself. I wonder why he went back to his homeworld. He typed in further information into the datapad asking the computer of the nature of Mace?s visit to his homeworld.

Classified.

That was all that was blinking on the screen. I wonder what?s so secret about the mission he is on, Dooku wondered.

He went back to his room, gathered up some supplies and clothes, then made his way to the closest Jedi ship he could use. He got into the cockpit and set course for Haruun Kal.

Haruun Kal, Mace Windu?s Homeworld was the first and only habitable world in the Al?Har system. It appeared to be an oceanic world from space.

However, this "ocean" was in fact a sea of toxic gases brought to the surface by volcanic activity, and broken by mountains and plateaus. Only the landmasses that reached into the atmosphere could support life, and thus it was high in these mountains and plateaus where native life evolved.

The capital was named Pelak Baw, located on the Gevarno Loop. The planet had numerous Force-sensitive Korunnai.

Dooku set the controls on the ship to land in the capital city of Pelak Baw. As soon as the ship landed, he proceeded on foot to the city hall. He figured this was as good a place to start looking for Jedi Master Windu.

He walked up to the counter and asked the receptionist if she knew where he was.

?Have you seen Jedi Master Mace Windu?? he asked.

?Yes,? the receptionist named Rainbow replied.

?Can you tell me where he is?? Dooku asked.

?He went to his home located just by the north side of the ocean,? Rainbow said.

?Thank you,? Dooku replied.

?Your welcome,? Rainbow said.

Dooku proceeded out of the city hall and proceeded to the northern part of Pelak Baw. He saw a beautiful ocean all around the capital sprawling in bluish-green splendor. He arrived at a neighborhood that included four houses on near the shores.

He scanned to see if any of them were occupied. The first one on the left was empty. The second one had five Karunnai in it. The third and last one on the right had just one Karunnai in it. He reached out in the Force to see if he could connect to the Jedi Master.

The last one on the right.

?Good,? he thought to himself. I?ve found him.

He proceeded up to the last house on the right. It was a giant purple house with gold trimming around it. He looked down the street and the other three houses were exactly the same. He walked up to the door and knocked on it.

There was no reply.

He knocked harder.

Again, no reply.

He searched again for Mace in the Force.

Outside, in the back yard.

?Alright,? he thought, I?ll just go a

12. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    ...I dont even KNOW where to begin with this one....but I laughed anyway[face_laugh]

more?

13. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    ?That too much purple Master Windu has,?
    [face_laugh]
    Great story! :D

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Too funny that Dooku would be making Vaentine's things for Mace. LOL Oh dear, a purple Yoda??? And I htought green was bad. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Hilarious! I loved it! =D=

16. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    PURPLE!

*hugs* You used my idea!

17. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, that was *too* purple for me but that made me laugh
    and the sandwich was delicious!!!

18. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    Lady_Snow_Kaguya:...I dont even KNOW where to begin with this one....but I laughed anyway

more?
    Of course there will be more in a few days. [face_not_talking]

Rilwen_Shadowflame:?That too much purple Master Windu has,?

Great story!
    I'm glad that you like the story so far. Yes, it does seem that Windu likes PURPLE ALOT!:)

Healer_Leona:Too funny that Dooku would be making Valentine's things for Mace. LOL Oh dear, a purple Yoda??? And I thought green was bad.
    Yes, I thought that having Dooku do some Valentine cooking for Mace was a rather cute idea.[face_idea]

VaderLVR64: Hilarious! I loved it! I'm glad that you love this cooking story. [face_mischief]

-Darksaber-:PURPLE!

*hugs* You used my idea!
    I asked for suggestions and I told you that I would use it. Thanks for your suggestion. Obviously, PURPLE is a cool color.

Terra_Wan_Kenobi:Well, that was *too* purple for me but that made me laugh
    and the sandwich was delicious!!!
    Well, PURPLE was suggested by -Darksaber-, so who am I to say no to her. I'm glad that the sandwich was delicious! 8-}

I will be posting Chapter 4 in a couple of days....

19. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    Chapter 4 ? Jinn-gerbread Dough Crèche

The walls of the schoolhouse were vibrantly festooned. Stunning greens, yellows, reds, blues, purples and browns decorated the walls. Pictures of the children?s designs were beautifully exhibited throughout the room. The resonances of jovial children playing reached Padawan Dooku?s ears as he pushed open the door to the schoolhouse and stood in the entrance with a grimace.

He did not want to be there at all.

Master Yoda had considered it was a beneficial idea for retribution for his previous disappointments he had experienced. No Padawan had ever offended Master Yoda and get away with it. He had personally seen to that. He knew that a lapse without reprisal would not only affect the Padawan he was instructing, but also the methods that he had used to train them.

Dooku could hardly stand the jeering that was flung at him by not only Master Yoda, but the other Jedi Masters as well. It made his ears sear and his anger blazed with uncontrollable torrent. He had actually experienced gratification in the thumping of another Padawan boy?s face that had offended him.

That Padawan would never insult him again. If he dared to try, Dooku would berate him to the fullest extent of his torment. Yoda, however, had not been gratified at all about learning what had transpired.

?Control, control, you must learn control?, he had instructed his Padawan repeatedly.

?Sorrow leads to anger, anger leads to pain, pain leads to suffering?, he enlightened Dooku.

?Help in the schoolhouse you will, learn control there you must. Good test it will be,? the Jedi Master had informed him.

But Dooku was stubborn and had at first refused to obey his Master. After two hundred lashings on his knees and back with Yoda?s cane he was effectively sent to the schoolhouse to learn his lesson, his shins and back still throbbing.

A small boy, no older than six caught his eye. He was a sorrowful looking boy with blonde hair and was quite tall for his age, but it was his eyes that caught Dooku?s interest. They were a deep, crystal clear blue and the Living Force appeared to exude from him. Dooku walked up to the young lad and sat down next to him. He perceived something from the boy?. He felt?. Deeply disturbed about something.

The boy coiled warily away from Dooku and did not say anything to him.

?Hello little fellow. What is wrong?? Dooku asked the lad, wondering with some sense of purpose why he was even showing any interest at all in the little child.

The boy merely shrugged at him and his eyes strayed away from making contact with Dooku. They seemed to become fixated on two other bigger boys, one a tall yellow Whipid and the other a human, who were playing with a toy lightsaber.

?They took that away from you didn?t they?? Dooku speculated by what he sensed from the boy.

The young child nodded and his eyes teemed with tears but they didn?t fall.

?They don?t like me,? he said, ?They said I couldn?t play with them. They said I was not big enough and that I?m not like them. They stole my lightsaber. I wish that it was a real lightsaber so that I could kill them for making me feel this way!?

Dooku was incensed that they would treat such a young, precious child that way.

?What?s your name?? he asked.

?Qui-Gon Jinn,? the boy answered. ?I?m five and one half,? he added.

Dooku giggled a little. ?I?m nineteen myself.?

Qui-Gon?s jaw dropped. ?You?re old!?

Dooku chuckled even more at that. His eyes sparkled and he tapped the boy on the shoulder.

?Do you want to know a secret Qui-Gon??

Qui-Gon looked back at him with wide eyes.

?What?? he asked in a whisper.

?I?m not them either,? he said shaking his thumb back to the other boys. ?We?re special you and I. We feel things that other Jedi don?t. That?s just the way that we are.?

?Why?? Qui-Gon asked glancing downhearted.

?Because of the Living Force? you are strong in it Qui-Gon. They don?t sense that part of the Force like we do. It?s their loss,? Dooku said matter-of

20. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Jun 9, 2005
    kawaiii.. gingerbread creche! Looks yummy!!!!

Very awsome update, so cute..

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Aww...such a nice update.
    I love Dooku's comments to Qui-Gon.

22. -Darksaber-

Mar 22, 2005
    :p Jinn-gerbread! Lol...

Aww, they're sweet together...Why did Yoda make Dooky count?

23. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    Lady_Snow_Kaguya:kawaiii.. gingerbread creche! Looks yummy!!!!

Very awsome update, so cute..
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, Jinn-gerbread creche is indeed very yummy! :D I'm glad that you think that Qui-Gon is cute.

Rilwen_Shadowflame:Aww...such a nice update.
    I love Dooku's comments to Qui-Gon.
    Thanks for thinking it was nice. I liked Dooku's progression in this chapter as well. As for Qui-Gon, expect more of him in the next installments. :)

-Darksaber-::p Jinn-gerbread! Lol...

Aww, they're sweet together...Why did Yoda make Dooky count?
    Yeah, Jinn-gerbread, a nice play on words... I'm glad that you think that Dooku and Qui-Gon are sweet together. I made Dooku COUNT because again another play on his future title. ;)

24. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Sep 8, 2005
    Awww... Dooku is so sweet... I got the feeling that Yoda made him count to probe his Patience...Right??? and the Jinn-gerbread sounds great

25. DarkLordRising

Nov 10, 2002
    Terra_Wan_Kenobi:Awww... Dooku is so sweet... I got the feeling that Yoda made him count to probe his Patience...Right??? and the Jinn-gerbread sounds great Yes, I also made Dooku count to test his patience, since it would take a little over 83 minutes to count to 5000 if he counted 1 number per second. Yes, the Jinn-gerbread is definitely great!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.