main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "All said and done..." (Obi/Qui/OCs) JA - *Part IV, updated 10/03/2006*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Title: "All said and done..."
    Author: P_A
    Timeframe: JA, as usual. Obi's 19.
    Characters: O, Q, K and assorted others.
    Genre: Angst, confusion, eventually H/C
    Keywords: Eh?
    Summary: One more post-mission episode between the Master and padawan.
    Notes: For Layren, who's wanted me to write a Qui-mush story forever. I've been cudgeling my brains to come up with a plotbunny...and here are the results. As usual, I've no idea how this'll turn out - I only hope it's halfway readable.

Note 2: Kyran Josel belongs to Layren and I'm use-er, writing him with her gracious permission. :D

?It was a calculated risk, my Masters,? came Qui-Gon?s calm voice, pitched deliberately low, as it usually was in the Council Chambers. Not obvious to those who were not particularly attuned to him, but very obvious to those who were. As evidenced by the stern rigidity exhibited by his padawan, who stood to his right, hands demurely wrapped in his sleeves, head slightly bent, face serene.

And all those who were finely attuned to Obi-Wan Kenobi would have known instantly that something was rather off-balance?his face was completely, utterly expressionless. Not the smallest frown marred his brow, the slightest twitch to his lips. He presented, at that moment a shining example of the epitome of a Jedi padawan. Calm, composed and unmovable. Except when Qui-Gon spoke, and then, he grew even more severe, if possible.

Qui-Gon was rarely given to both anger and amusement, but it seemed possible that he would achieve this contradictory state of mind this time. He paused a brief moment, and then continued with his recital.

?We stormed the Royal Hangar at 15 standard minutes past the noon hour,? he said, keeping his voice carefully pitched to reach all twelve Councilors, who were seated in various postures of attention. A few looked down at the floor, one or two had raised their eyes to the ceiling?Master Yoda?s eyes never wavered from Qui-Gon?s face, while Master Windu flicked his eyes towards Obi-Wan than most. ?The Leehian Ambassador was due to have finished his speech in the next hour, but we decided that the public would have to forego this part.?

?And so you made your way to the Hangar,? spoke Master Windu, fingers stroking his chin. ?In spite of having received?? he shot a look at Obi-Wan. ?In spite of having received information that the Hangar had already been infiltrated by the Gre?eh League of Fighters??

Obi-Wan?s lips pressed themselves tighter.

?The only other way out was through water, Masters,? replied Qui-Gon, without missing a beat. ?And that would been a temporary respite, at best. It would not have offered a way off the planet. The Anslei harbour was more than an hour from the Hall of Leaders.?

?And yet, it presented a safer route.?

?The longer route,? corrected Qui-Gon. ?We were supposed to have met the 12th Legion at 15.00 hours. To take the route by water would have meant a great deal of time lost.?

?Your comm. units were intact, I believe,? put in Master Koon, interrupting the conversation for the first time. ?You could have established contact with the 12th Legion, informing them of your change in plans.?

For the first time, Qui-Gon?s narrative came to a slight pause. Obi-Wan, who had stood with head bowed, now raised it slightly, eyes surveying the ceiling. Qui-Gon noted the subtle change; his eyes narrowed, and he stared straight at Master Windu.

?It was decided that we would not make a change in plans,? he said, voice neutral. ?The Hangar was very close to us, Ambassador Helge had reached a point where immediate removal of his person was necessary??the eminent Ambassador had decided on this moment to have a hysterical fit??and, as I said a few moments ago, it was a calculated risk. I deemed that this would be the best possible way.?

?How did you arrive at this conclusion?? ? Master Rancisis.

?The Force directed me.?

Obi-Wan lowered his head. Masters Billaba and Windu traded a swift look at

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    My word. You've held me spell bound again Master!

And how I feel for the plight of Master Jinn and Obi-Wan in front of the council, and behind it! Their argument almost managed to scare me.

Oh Obi! Oh Qui! How could you do this to one another?

Another spectacular beginning Master! And Oh, I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Your Paddy,
    Seven

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh my eyes but lit with joy when I saw it :D [face_love][face_love][face_love] So glad to see you've started this!!!

And interesting confrontation in council [face_thinking] Qui doesn't like having his judgement questioned heh, though can't say as I blame him too much.

Looking forward to more in this :D And wonder what Qui's done to his elbow.. should get it checked before it gets worse Qui...

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This was really, truly what my face looked like during most of that post: :eek:

Wowie wow wow, P_A. What an argument that was! I felt like I was there with Obi-Wan, taking that step backward when his Master turned his gaze on him. It's such an awful, uncomfortable situation. Our only hope is this promise of mush in the future... :D

Wonderful start. You bet I'm looking forward to more!

5. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful job!=D= :D =D=

6. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Interesting [face_thinking]

post soon? :D

7. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you?re my only hope

*snerk* You had to do it, didn't you?

Anyway, nice start! I'm interested in more!

8. Mind_Tricked

Mind_Tricked Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2005
    Oh, that was incredible! I can only admire your writing style.

I'm hooked, I winder what consequences this argument will have...

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you?re my only hope.. *laughs*... *dies*...

Can't wait for the next chapter!

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow!!! As startling as that was to read, I can't help but believe this had invariably happened, more than once in their relationship. Still it was but painful to witness. I look very much forward to reading more and would ask for a PM udpate should you send them :) :)

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    OOhh this is intresting! =D=

11. Sinless_Shadow

Sinless_Shadow Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    First off, this is an excellent start so far. It was interesting to see how the argument between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan played out. I'll be looking forward to more.

Now, where have I seen this familiar quote before...? :p

12. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Reflect on the Leehian mission, you will,? said the old Master, drawing his stick within aged claws. ?Much to think about it, there is.? This time, the large eyes rested on both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. ?Much to think about it, you have. Accept each other?s decisions eventually, you must not, when agree with it, you do not. Perfect coordination there must exist, between a perfect pair. Of disquiet, there is much.?

What a huge understatement, "Of disquiet there is much." o_O

They still don't agree with each other concerning the mission, and it is going to be very interesting to see how they work out these differences. :)

Another wonderful story for us all to enjoy, PA. I'm looking forward to reading more, when you can, please! [face_batting]

Star

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, Qui-Gon seems awafully severe to Obi-Wan. I suppose he can be that way, but poor Obi-Wan. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, well, well. That was certainly different. I loved it! It's not often that we get to see them fighting, both intellectually and emotionally and I loved that Obi-Wan both recognized that he had overstepped and still knew he was right to do so. Qui-Gon needs to rein in his temper and see that his Padawan is growing into a fine knight.

Great job.

15. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    This is utterly fascinating, especially coming from you (and by that I mean it's wonderful to see someone who's so adept at writing the harmonious aspect of Qui-Gon's and Obi-Wan's relationship try something different). I love them both and they balance each other out wonderfully, but people as different as they are are bound to clash every now and then, especially when it's the younger of the pair who is more inclined to doubt. And your description of the dynamic in the Council Room was masterful...you have such a gift for showing rather than telling. I can't wait for more.

16. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    :D Another story from P_A!

Wonderful as usual. Although it is quite a contrast from the harmony we usually witness between these two.[face_mischief] This will be good!

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was really amazing

18. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    This is incredible. You certainly have got both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's personalities down.

19. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Wow, guys, feel the tension. I want to know the whole story...something obviously happened that neither of the boys feels like telling. Great characterization and you did a really good job of building up the mood. :)

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow! Gripping so far! You don't see too many fics where the boys are at each other's throats, so this is a fine breath of fresh air! More soon!

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Agh, no! I hate to see our boys not getting along. :( But more angst equals better mush, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. [face_batting]

I hope there's more soon! [face_praying]

22. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Replies, and a post.

Seven: Ah, padawan. So good to see you again <falls on her paddy, hugs her, and feeds her a vast quantity of sweets> You were almost frightened by their argument? Thank you. That was the whole idea. :D

Layren: Talk about noticing the elbow at once. Nothing escapes your eagle eyes, dear. I've made more use of your wondeful OCs in the next instalment. Hope you'll like. Thanks so much!

LuvEwan: Mush? What mush? Did I promise mush? [face_devil] Well...maybe I did. Maybe. :D Thanks for reading, m'dear. To make the argument 3-D was what I was hoping for.

kenobiwanobi: Thank you!

MASTER_KAYM: Post coming up, now. Thanks for reading.:)

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Yes, dear. I had to do it. Who could resist such an opening? :D More coming, soon. Thanks!

Mind_Tricked: <revives dead reader> I'm glad you liked it so much.:D Thank you. Next post coming up.

Healer_Leona: Right you are - I can't see Obi and Qui all harmonious, all the times, much as I would like them to have been that way. Spats make things so much more interesting, and lead to ANGST. :D Thanks, m'dear.

LilQui-Gon: Thank you. :)

Sinless_Shadow: What familiar quote? I'm entirely original, I tell you. :pMore coming up. Thank you!

Star_Drifter: It's going to take a while to work out their differences, as they're still far too eager not to see each other for a few hours, at least. They've got to think things out, before they do. :D Thanks, S_D.

ardavenport: Lol, I'm eager to see how it works out, too. :D Thanks!

dianethx: Qui-Gon has a lot on his mind, at the moment, and things are taking a turn for the worse because...well, I like making them miserable. :D Seriously, I like portraying this side of them - it must have existed, this clash of personalities. Thank you, m'lady.

Dragonlady: Thank you for that lovely review. I'm so happy that you like the way I write them - both at ease with each other, and at odds. This is more challenging; I've never attempted writing writing them at each others' throats, before. Let's hope it works out.

corellian-jedi: Thank you. :)

PadawanKitara: Thanks, PK. [:D]

SakuraTsukikage: Wow, thanks. Glad you're reading. :)

PadawanEstel: Plenty of action happened, which neither want to talk about, now. :) Thanks for reading!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: More soon, yes. Thanks. :)

Bastet: Lol, yeah. More soon. :)

23. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Note: Kyran and Healer Han'yaie are all Layren's property. Shane Callister is Neon Star's. I use them with their permission.

I've also been reading 'Days Like These', and a good many of the facts mentioned in these instalments have their basis in that wonderful story. :D

Part II

Anger had a power all on its own, Qui-Gon thought. No, not in connection with the power of the dark Side, seductive mistress that it was?but the power of imagined righteousness, of fueling energies that one didn't know existed, of facilitating thought processes that one didn?t even know one was capable of. Eventually, this was what opened up the pathways that led one down the darkness inherently embedded in a human?s psyche? but, for a beginning, it had enough power to turn the whole world against oneself, leading a normal sentient being to suppose that they have been left adrift, with not one to care about themselves.

It couldn't be assumed that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn felt all of these, or even bent his thoughts in such a precise manner, analyzing all the pros and cons of the emotions of the past hour. At the moment, thoughts were something he wished he could put a complete stop to?and though he was a Jedi master, this required a mastery which few could ever been said to have accomplished.

He was walking along one of the degenerate business sectors of Coruscant, now; where streets swiftly lost their polish, residents seemed to possess no suavity, and Coruscant itself seemed a different city, altogether - which in a way, it was. One could expect no protection here. All was darkness, despite the faint pinpricks of light that seeped through avenues now forgotten. These were areas not safe even for a Jedi, he remembered. A Jedi attracted more danger than he could usually ward off, and though they were guardians of peace and justice, there were limits to how much they could guard.

He pulled his cloak around himself securely; the night air was growing cold - and felt his right elbow give a protesting twinge. He pressed his lips tightly, remembering anew Obi-Wan's instructions to see the Healers - wretched. Wretched little?he stopped himself with great effort. No anger. No anger, no hatred, and no suffering. Ah, but could one not suffer when one's own apprentice insisted on throwing all semblance of respect to the winds?

Anger bubbled up in him again, coating his insides as though they had been burnt. How dare he. When he had done his best to whisk them all off the planet without a scratch on them. Perhaps that was not entirely true, but they had been fortunate to get away without arriving in the Temple, covered with injuries. He had taught Obi-Wan to think on his feet at all times, to not waste valuable time when they could be doing something productive. There were times to stop and think, and times to run. He believed he had taught this, but somewhere he seemed to have fostered the mistaken impression that the padawan might do as he pleased, just as though he already knew what there was to be known, just like Xanatos, just like -

He stopped suddenly, in the middle of a scarred path, pressing one hand against his temple. What had he just said?

I thought I'd forgotten about him.

Apparently not, a small voice within taunted. The small voice that had kept pricking him all through his inward tirade, that perhaps, perhaps, there had been some truth to what Obi-Wan said; perhaps Obi-Wan had not erred so much, perhaps there had been a modicum of sense in waiting, perhaps?

Perhaps he might have prevented that young man from getting wounded, just as they had stepped onto the transport.

He put a finger to his beard, stroking it, surprised at how completely he had managed to forget about this. Now that he looked back on it, it had been easy to ignore: the youngster had been crossing a path through one of the whiet fields, gaping at the uproar just outside the Hangar, had stepped forward

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And I adore this. I love that Qui-Gon had to walk his pique off, to try and calm down enough to see that Obi-Wan might have been right. He's old enough now that he should have some say in what is going on - Obi is smart enough to know that he doesn't know everything but he should have some input.

Qui-Gon sounds like he's got a concussion on top of his hurt arm and now he's in trouble. I hope Kyran and Obi-Wan find him soon.

Loved that Kyran was sharing stories of Qui's creche days. Obi-Wan needs to see the man as well as the Master in all this.

Great job. Looking forward to another update soon.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I thought I'd forgotten about him.

Apparently not, a small voice within taunted.

Indeed not that he should come so quickly to your mind. Oh dear, Qui-Gon that is not a place to find yourself not up to par. :( :(

He adores you, Qui-Gon, he thought with a pang.

Ohhh, awwww. That is so sweet for him top have noticed. [face_love] [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.