main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Storms of Fate - Anakin AU- NEWLY UPDATED 5/15/11 with Chapter Nineteen of Part Three!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Title: Storms of Fate
    Author: Durhelediel
    Rating: PG, with maybe a slight dip into PG-13 on brief descriptions of Anakin's physical condition
    Disclaimer: The regular Star Wars flow of events and main characters belong to George Lucas. Though the characters still belong to him exclusively, the alternate flow of events belongs to my imagination.
    The trailer by Stormqueen is able to be viewed at 'Storms of Fate' Teaser Trailer

Author Note: The phrase 'storms of fate' comes from "The Tempest", by William Shakespeare. I just borrowed it for my title since it fit so well. Readers, this is my first attempt at both a serious AU and an epic. Those of you who are used to my other fics will please be patient as this one will not be updated as fast as my others can be. This is more like a novel, and I am putting much thought and reflection into guiding the timeline and events to match as evenly as possible with the regular Star Wars universe, with my own exceptions. I am very nervous about undertaking this fic, but it called to me so clearly I could not refuse. Also, the counseling and advice given 4/1by Obi-Wan comes from my own experience as a social worker. I have a degree in social work and am trained to help others locate and isolate those problems that need to be dealt with?that is not just speculation. Always be careful when giving someone real counsel, as you can never be sure how they will respond; in this fic, I can make my characters respond the way I wish them to, but in real life someone may be hurt more by certain techniques found in this fic. Please be careful when dealing with emotionally sensitive persons.

Dedication: To my personal "Darth Vader", my husband, known as Darth Azriel.

Summary: When Anakin passes out on Mustafar from pain, Obi-Wan feels such sorrow for his friend that he brings Anakin with him to Polis Massa. Thus begins a long journey for Anakin through physical and mental anguish with redemption glimpsed through the eyes of his children and the final completion of his destiny.

~~~~~

Part One: Anakin's Rebirth

Chapter One

"You were the Chosen One!" Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi yelled at the huddled mass of burning flesh below him on the smoking shores of Mustafar. Tears flowed, unchecked, down his cheeks. "You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! You were to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

The lump that had been Anakin Skywalker lifted its charred face and screamed back at his mentor and former friend, "I hate you!"

Obi-Wan felt a stab of betrayal at his old padawan's words. He had been through so much with this brash young man, relied heavily on Anakin's skills as a Jedi in order to survive countless missions that had gone sour, and now the person who felt like the other part of himself was saying that he hated his Master. Trying to hide his churning emotions, he bent down and picked up Anakin's fallen lightsaber. Slowly, he straightened and faced Anakin once more.

"You were my brother, Anakin," he informed the dying man near the lava heartbrokenly. "I loved you."

Anakin gave one last great scream of anguish and then collapsed to lay still. From where Obi-Wan stood, he could not tell if his old friend was dead or merely unconscious. He started to turn away to leave Anakin to smolder in his fiery grave, but a pang of compassion and pity stopped him. This had been his close friend for over fifteen years, a man that he had trusted beyond comprehension, a person who had a great potentional for greatness or evil. How could he leave his brother behind on Mustafar without even a proper burial? Anakin might have turned to the dark side and participated in the slaughter of countless Jedi, but he had still been Obi-Wan's padawan. Obi-Wan could not let his padawan remain on Mustafar.

Suddenly, Obi-Wan looked up as the sound of a ship's engines faintly

LostGirl likes this.
  2. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I am so excited by this! I'm sure you'll do a brilliant job!

So far, your writing and the emotions portrayed are beautiful, painfully so.

Sighing, knowing that Yoda was going to have plenty to say to him when the little green Jedi discovered what Obi-Wan was about to do, the Jedi Master held a trembling palm over Anakin's forehead. He seriously did not know if he had enough strength left to help Anakin find a more stable thread to cling to, but he would help if he could. Selflessly, Obi-Wan gave to Anakin what little energy and power he still had within him from their fast and emotional battle. He poured his life energies into Anakin's failing body and felt Anakin instinctively respond by grabbing onto that which was offered to him. They had done this before, more than once, Master and Padawan, in various battles when one or the other had been seriously injured, and so it was second-nature to Anakin to reach for Obi-Wan in his desperate hour of need, regardless of his personal feelings toward his Master.

This was especially touching to be, and that level of selflessness really speaks to the nobility of Obi-Wan's character.

I'm anxious to read more!

3. Darth_Malvagio

Darth_Malvagio Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    I love where this is going. I'm definitley gonna watch this.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very interesting AU here! ;) Can't wait for more.

5. full_moon

full_moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    ooo you have my attention lol.
    I want to see what happens when Anakin wakes up. Do you so Pm's?

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm hooked!
    Please add me to your PM list when you update!!!

7. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Finally, the fiction topic I have been waiting for. Obi-Wan saving Anakin instead of
    leaving him for dead. Well written sir! The only detail I would have changed would have been for him not to be burned to a crisp. But, that too could show some promise.

Please PM me for updates!

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    *gasps*

Wow -- beautiful, beautiful prose, Durhelediel!

Can you PM me when you update? I'd hate to loose track of this, it's so stunning already! :)

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great beginning! :D I'm glad to see one that has Obi rescue Anakin (read a couple more, but one can't get enough of these types! [face_dancing])

Please PM when you update next! Great job on Obi there :)

10. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Great beginning. I'm hooked! And I agree with Kynstar, I too can't seem to get enough of fics where Obi-Wan saves Anakin on Mustafar. :)

If you're keeping a PM list, please add me to it. :)

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow, what an amazing start to your story. I'm intrigued, I can't wait to see where you take this. Can I also be added to the pm list? Awesome job! =D= =D=

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Intriguing... I may have to follow this one. I rather like your characterization of Obi-Wan, and the question you're exploring is one I myself have considered since seeing the movie... I had a hard time understanding how Obi-Wan could just leave Anakin, even when considering what had happened. I'll be interested to see where you take this.

- Keralys

13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Got yourself a new reader, have you...

Fantastic start!

This story goes into my favourites right this instant.

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

14. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I really enjoy this one already! You do seem to capture Obi-wan well. Please add me to your PM's.

15. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Yay, I love it.

PM me please?

16. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I love fics like this. And from what your summary says it'll be a long process for Anakin to heal mentally. That's the way it should be.

You drew me in immediately with this first post and I look forward to seeing how you handle the topic. Please add me to your PM list if you have one.

17. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Very interesting, Please add me to your PM list

18. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    This is off to a great start. One part of ROTS that did bother me a little was Obi-wan just walking away from Anakin. Where is the compassion in that Master Jedi? I think the way you have Obi-wan responding is much more consistent with his character....not to mention I'm a sucker for Anakin being saved from the darkside scenarios!
    Can you pm me when you update?

19. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    I love how you started this fic! just ope Ani doesnt go balistic on Obi and tries to kill him after he saved him :p

20. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Wow! Great start. Im definately gonna stick around for this one. PM me with updayes? Great, thanx. [:D]

21. spartan_117

spartan_117 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    hello my name is nathan hall and i would like to congratulate you on your story please can u keep me updated on your stroy progressions please i am a big fan.

yours sincerely
    Nathan Hall

22. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :_| Made me cry totally! I hope ani will live now and padme will be alright... [face_praying] Everyone here are great writers! I luv you![face_dancing] [:D]

Rachel Rose

23. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Wow, this is a great start!=D=

If it's not too much trouble, can you PM me when you update? I'd hate to miss this one.

:D

24. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :confused: I would like you to pm me when you have the next chapter ready... if not too much trouble for you. Thanks![face_batting]

Rachel Rose[face_good_luck]

25. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    This sounds really interesting.

I hope you will update soon.