main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Where are We? ? AU, Cross-over ? Obi, Qui, Líndoriel [OC], Ktiir-Riit [OC] Update Feb. 14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lindoriel, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    Where Are We?
    by Lindoriel

Title: Where Are We
    Author: Lindoriel
    Timeframe: Begins pre-TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Líndoriel [OC; LotR], Ktiir-Riit [OC; Larry Niven?s Man-Kzin Wars books]
    Genre: AU, cross-over, drama
    Keywords: Kzin, Elf, OC, TPM, AU
    Summary: Ktiir-Riit and Líndoriel meet our favorite Jedi shortly before the events of the Phantom Menace. Things go generally uphill from there.
    A/N
    This is my first attempt at posting fanfic. Chapters will be posted as they are completed.

Prologue
    Ktiir-Riit herded his young children onto the Ripping-Fang class ship Blood-Soaked Mane, checking over his shoulder often to ensure that they were not followed.

?Hurry, cubs, we must get strapped in to go to Homeworld.? They nodded and sped up, racing into the great ship. Ktiir-Riit followed at a more sedate pace, as befitted a scion of the Patriarch?s line. As he entered, he asked,

?Is everyone aboard, Hroth-Captain?? Hroth-Captain saluted and replied,

?Everyone except that Elf you were taking to visit.? At that moment, Líndoriel ran up the gangplank, with her hair mussed and the blue five-pointed star tattooed on her forehead glistening with sweat. Hroth-Captain?s fur bristled at the sight of the glistening star, for that was usually a precursor to what Líndoriel termed ?indiscriminate justice.? She gasped,

?Sorry I?m late,? looked around and asked,

?Why do you look so scared?? She dragged an arm across her forehead, looked at her arm, grinned, and said,

?Oh. Sorry! I?m just sweaty,? and after flashing her long wings in salute, went to settle in.

**A Few Hours Later**

Sitting in the mess hall, Ktirr-Riit?s cubs looked curiously about them, with the wide-eyed look of amazement of small children of all species.

?Honored Sire, what?s that?? asked one of the oldest, pointing to Líndoriel, who had just walked in, her poise and grace looking nothing like the windblown creature who had run up the gangplank earlier. Ktiir-Riit responded, twitching his ears and tail in Kzinti laughter,

?That is my Elvish friend, Líndoriel.? He raised his voice and called out,
    ?Líndoriel, come and join us! The cubs are curious about you!? Líndoriel turned, smiled, and walked over to the table Ktiir-Riit and his cubs were seated at. She asked, crouching down to be level with the cubs,

?So, little ones, you?re curious about me? I don?t mind questions. Ask away!? the cubs? eyes widened, as no one had ever been this open with them before. They all took deep breaths and started trying to talk over one another.

?What are you??

?Where did you come from??

?Why do you have wings??

?Honored Sire said you were his friend. Is that true??

Líndoriel laughed and told them,

?One at a time, one at a time! Goodness you can talk fast. Loud, too!? she pointed to the cub who had spoken first and asked,

?What was your question, little one?? he replied,

?What are you?? Líndoriel laughed and responded,

?I?m an Elf, a Child of the Firstborn.? He cocked his head to one side and asked,

?What?s that?? Líndoriel patiently explained,

?An Elf is an ageless, magical being. We do not fall ill, nor do we die of old age as humans and Kzinti do. Does that answer your question?? the cub replied,

?Yes, ma?am. If it?s all right to ask, how old are you?? Líndoriel smiled, tousled his fur, and responded,

?I said I didn?t mind questions. That meant any questions. I?m 25,000 years old.? All the cubs gasped at such an age. They cried,

?You don?t look 25,000! You look 25!? Líndoriel smiled and replied,

?That?s sweet of you, but I told you, Elves are ageless. That means we don?t get old. Now, to you.? She pointed to the cub who had spoken second. He asked,

?Where did you come from?? Líndoriel replied,

?I came from Earth, as the humans did, but before that, I came from Valinor, the Undying Realm.? The cub asked,

?Where is Valinor?? Líndoriel smiled dreamily and answered,

?Valinor is in the Uttermos

2. Lifes_overrated

Lifes_overrated Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2006
    [face_alien_1] [face_flag] nice. if i may criticize, i wonder, if elves are ageless then they don't age, correct? so they'd be infants for 25,000 years. i don't know, just somehting to consider. [face_flag] [face_alien_1]

@};- [face_skull] @};- [face_skull] @};- [face_skull]

[face_coffee] :D

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Well, this is the first time I've read a crossover fic as I have been leery of the idea but having lately toyed with the idea myself, thought I'd give this a read.

I definitely like the start of this. An interesting idea to have elves, whom I love, in the GFFA. Líndoriel is an interesting character, kind with the younglings.

The remark by Lifes_overrated is thought provoking but I do think all creatures progress from infancy to adulthood regardless and elves I presume just stay as young but mature adults with their agelessness.

4. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    Lifes_overrated: Somebody posted! :happy dance: No, they grow up, but never grow old.
    PadawanKyla: two posts! :happy dance again: Thank you for reading. I hope to get the next chapter posted sometime in the forseeable future, but I have to have a friend of mine read over it first, 'cause I'm not sure the landing sequence is right... I couldn't find anything to tell me what the protocols were, so I made stuff up, and he's going to tell me if it's believable...

5. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
    [face_alien_1] [face_flag] YAY NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!! cos i read it, and i was just like... :confused: :confused: :confused: [face_flag] [face_alien_1]

[face_skull] @};- [face_skull] @};- [face_skull] @};-

[face_coffee] [face_monkey]

6. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    Hey, Lín. Sorry it took so long to reply, D.C. beckoned. [face_flag]

I like... [face_devil]

Being Captain of a Kzin ship is very much an ego-stroking job isn't it? o_O

Just on an aside note: it is customary to double space your paragraphs, since the post automatically gets rid of the indent. [face_frustrated] Persnickety thing.

7. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    PadawanKaterina: Did you have fun?

Yeah, being a Kzin Captain is kinda ego-stroking, but if he's ever not physically capable of kicking the daylights out of any one of his crew, he's kinda screwed, 'cause then the crew will make it their mission in life to kill him and the one who does will take over the ship...

I did notice that it hated me with the indenting thing...thanks for the advice.

8. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    Very interesting concept. I hope to read more soon. :)

9. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    Just-Plain-Shmi: ::New reader happy dance!!!:: Thanks! I have to finish writing the next chapter-I'm almost done- and have it beta-ed for believability- but I hope to have it posted relatively soon...

10. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
    @};- [face_skull] Lindoriel: i thought you said somebody (you KNOW who i am talking about) was going to read it? :confused: [face_skull] @};-

[face_coffee] :D

[face_good_luck] Happy St. Patrick's day, America!!!!![face_good_luck]

11. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    Yes, he already has read it. he just doesn't have an account on this site, and so hasn't posted.

12. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
  13. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    Did you have fun?

I did, I did. [face_devil]

Yeah, being a Kzin Captain is kinda ego-stroking, but if he's ever not physically capable of kicking the daylights out of any one of his crew, he's kinda screwed, 'cause then the crew will make it their mission in life to kill him and the one who does will take over the ship...

Hmm...sounds fair. If you can't kick their butts they have automatic right to kick yours. [face_plain]

I did notice that it hated me with the indenting thing...thanks for the advice.

Not a problem. :)

14. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    PadawanKaterina: [:D] Yaay! you should have my next chappie, wonderful beta-reader mine. [:D]

15. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
    What are you talking about?:confused: Sorry, Dumb blonde.[face_blush]

[face_coffee] [face_chicken]

16. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    ^Spammer. [face_skull]

Lín, are you going to email or PM it?

Email is probably easier, but you can do whichever you want.

17. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
    Padawan Katerina: i am not a spammer, i just didn't know what you were talking about, duh.:rolleyes:

18. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    It was a joke.

(Please remove my name from your post. I go by the pen name "Katerina".)

19. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006
    it wasnt very funny:mad: Jk
    with the name thing, i was just making sure if i knew who you really are.

20. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    :p It was funny.

That's okay. Thank you for editing it. ;)

21. Lifes_overrated

Feb 25, 2006

you're welcome!

you have a strange sense of humor ;)

22. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    you have a strange sense of humor

That from Miss. "Just-be-Happy-in-the-Monkey"? o_O

23. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    All right, children. Can we stop the petty bickering now, or do I have to call Kdapt-Captain and sic him on you? *prepares to call Kdapt-Captain*

24. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    All right, children.

Children! :eek: You're sister is a child, but I am not.

Can we stop the petty bickering now,

I don't bicker. I argue and win. [face_mischief] (I'll have to loan you Deceptions.)

or do I have to call Kdapt-Captain and sic him on you? *prepares to call Kdapt-Captain*

"That won't be necessary." :cool:

25. Lindoriel

Lindoriel Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    That was Líndoriel talking. To her, you are a child.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.