main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Faintly, From Memories-TPM AU Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LuvEwan/coruscant.jpg]

PG

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me. Response to the 'rejection' challenge on Anarchy.

A meeting between Qui-Gon Jinn and the Jedi Council does not go well.

---

The room was polished to a fine luster, the ornately designed floors catching the gleam of fading light from the wide windows. Outside, the day was being purged in streaming orange layers, though the night had yet to send its shadows. It was a comforting ambience that spread across the pristine chambers of the Jedi Council.

And Qui-Gon Jinn remembered it.

He even remembered some of the faces before him, could recall the long-ago weight of their eyes on him.

Yes, his mind whispered, very near to trembling, This is right.

The smallest-and oldest-member of the esteemed assembly leaned forward with a contemplative twist of his lips. ?Unordinary is your request, Qui-Gon Jinn.? The green-skinned alien garbled, ?Grant it lightly, we do not.?

Beside the hunched creature sat a man with a smooth, dark, hairless head. The man regarded Qui-Gon with stoicism. ?It is only because we sense no harm in your intentions that you have been allowed this.? Slowly, he tented his long fingers, ?But it should be mentioned, before you begin, that we don?t have much time for this. Say what you will, and say it quickly.?

Qui-Gon swallowed, turning slightly away from the expectant expressions. He drifted to the place that existed within him, a pool of certainty and serenity. He waited, allowing the edge in all its gentleness to reach for him, and soothe him. This is right. I remember everything. The last breath that was locked in his chest slipped free.

He began.

?Masters, I?m aware that what I will tell you will sound inconceivable. The only way I know how to reassure you is to say that I myself refused to believe it at first. I have something of a life, on a planet far from here. But I woke one night, and my head was filled with things that felt foreign to me. I was thinking of energy, and electric light, flying women in brown robes. I dismissed these notions as dreams.

?Then, I began thinking of them, and new things, in the daytime. Voices were in my head, faintly, speaking as though from memories. They called me Qui-Gon Jinn, though that was not my name.?

At this, a few of the Masters exchanged glances.

Qui-Gon felt a stir of discouragement in his chest, but continued. ?I thought I was going mad. I work a textile machine at a factory, and I thought perhaps the monotony was taking its toll.? He paused, mouth compressing, for the next words were the most difficult to speak, ?And then, an image came to me. A thin braid, with bright beads decorating it. It was worn by a young man, with blue eyes. It was his?and I was deeply startled, because the braid he wore looked identical to the tie of a satchel I own. So, against my better judgment, I found the satchel, and unwove the tie from around it.? He swallowed a sudden thickness in his throat, ?It was like staring into the strange visions that were in my head. That realization triggered many more, all at once, and the visions didn?t feel foreign anymore. They felt?true.? He exhaled, and stood a bit straighter, looking into the deceptively sleepy eyes of the ancient Councilor, ?I am Qui-Gon Jinn, and I am a Jedi Master.?

As he had feared, Qui-Gon?s declaration inspired something of a tumult. The twelve Jedi?s reactions varied, from steel-cold silence to flustered gibbering. Somewhere came the loud opinion that he should be removed.

But he was motionless, waiting for a response from the Council?s leader.

The alien?s ears quivered, then flattened against the mottled sides of his head. ?No record of you is there, Qui-Gon Jinn.? He pointed a stub of a finger at him, ?No memory have I of you.?

?What about the boy with blue eyes?? Qui-Gon asked, close to desperation. ?Surely he must remember me. So many of the visions were of him.?

?And what is this boy?s name?? The bare headed man inquired.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wonderful. You posted it here. I just hope that you continue it. It's so darn intriguing. Is Qui-Gon delusional? Is the Council lying? Have Jinn and Kenobi's minds been wiped? Why would they do such a thing? Is it all a dream?

Inquiring minds want to know. Darn it! =D=

3. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow, that was a strange, amazing vignette that opens a Pandora's Box of questions. Fascinating!

4. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Wow. Creepy, and so many questions. How do you do that so well? You always hook me immediately! Dang it, I want to know what happened! ;)

5. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon interrupted, skin flushed with chill and furious hope, ?Listen to me. I know you. And you know me. We are?were?Jedi. I was your Master, and you were my apprentice. But something has happened, we ended up in the wrong places, and I don?t know what?s happened to Anakin??

[face_laugh] This must be some challenge!

But I suppose that we won't get to learn any more, since you are calling it a vignette! [face_frustrated]

Oh well, good job! =D=

Star

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Just wow! I would love to know what happened. You don't really need to end it there, do you?? [face_praying] Would you consider expanding this amazing and confusing little universe??

Lovely and lyrical language, as always! =D=

7. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    A vig?! Please say that's a typo. Or a bit of momentary confusion. Or--or a joke.

I'm hooked. But how can I be hooked if there's no more to come? C'mon, an imagination like yours can surely expand this to something fascinating. Drat it all, it's already fascinating. Ack! I'm incoherent. So I'll bow out with this. More, please?

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    LE - How terribly sad...my heart goes out to Qui-Gon...

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon interrupted, skin flushed with chill and furious hope, ?Listen to me. I know you. And you know me. We are?were?Jedi. I was your Master, and you were my apprentice. But something has happened, we ended up in the wrong places, and I don?t know what?s happened to Anakin??

?Sorry, mister. No drink, no tip. I can?t feed myself on crazy stories.?

And Qui-Gon watched him move to the next customer, never looking back.

:(

I would love to read more of this....[face_praying]

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He sat on a stool, soon discovering the uneven wobble of the legs. Something in him despaired at that. Couldn?t anything be stable for a while?

Simply sublime, that line.

Oh wow! You can't leave this as a vignette. It far too intriguing and and so full of possibilities.

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whoa - Obi's working in a bar but Qui-Gon remembers him as his apprentice?

Very intriguing....so what happened?

You can't leave off here

Please, please, please continue

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh Wow!

Not only was that really well written, but the premise was absolutely mind boggling. I want more!

12. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    diane Is Qui-Gon delusional? Is the Council lying? Have Jinn and Kenobi's minds been wiped? Why would they do such a thing? Is it all a dream? Yes. Or no. [face_devil]

aldocassidy Thanks! :)

Sakura [face_blush] Thanks for the comments. Dang it, I want to know what happened! I'd tell you, but I'm not too sure either! [face_laugh]

Star_Drifter I made myself call it vignette, because I know I can't handle a short story or longer story right now. :D Thanks for reading! :)

VL You're always such a total sweetheart. [face_love] But don't tempt me with expansion, because I know I won't see it through. [face_worried] Thank you for your lovely reply.

Ara-gon I would expand it, but I only have the foggiest of notions where it might go, and that's not enough. Thank you so much for your review. [:D]

Kestrel Thank you! ;)

Leona Thanks so much. [face_blush]

KELIA Thanks for reading. :D

PK Thank you. [face_love] I'd write more, but my brain and schedule just aren't cooperating. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.